• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

you might be on to something, starwolf, but Im never really completely out of things to do as long as I alternate between coin grinding meowth (which serves to lightly level grind some weaker mons) and then move over to level grinding on snorlax or ampharos with Exp x1.5. Finding ways to beat those two stages using 3 non super effectives that I want to level and then the correct super effective mega evolver.

I suppose there will come a time when I've max leveled all the mons that would be ever worth a damn to use. At that point I think I'll just start playing it less frequently lol

L.O.R.D

catch rate on mobile is a joke

wasted 5 hearts and didn't catch any of the new pokemon in normal stages
i was hording hearts this two weeks , wasted 20 hearts and all i can see is Electrike

before i started today i used to have 32 hearts
now i have zero, even when the catch rate is 48%-53% , he broke out of the ball.

Syntsui

catch rate on mobile is a joke

wasted 5 hearts and didn't catch any of the new pokemon in normal stages
i was hording hearts this two weeks , wasted 20 hearts and all i can see is Electrike

before i started today i used to have 32 hearts
now i have zero, even when the catch rate is 48%-53% , he broke out of the ball.

I started playing the mobile version rather late and I think they way they are handling is fine. The catch rate is worse and some special Pokémons require 2 hearts.

As it is, not even playing it religiously everyday, I have all the useful Pokémon as well as the special ones. Don't take it too seriously and don't think you will get everything in one day. Grind for coins (it's worse than the 3DS version, much worse) and waste them of hard special Pokémons, them you grind for levels, beat the main stages and wait for the next special Pokémon.

You are not supposed to get everything from day to night, enjoy your stay and be patient.

yagamilight

Neo Member
Managed to reduce Tornadus HP to almost zero with Mega-Manectric, Tyranitar (just for raw power), Terrakion and Zapdos. In the begining had bad luck and took too long to Mega-Evolve, but after that, combos started rolling.

This is gonna be though!

c-murph

Somehow, I missed that it was a once-a-day event with Tornadus and jumped right in to battle. I loss with about a quarter of his health left... and was confused when I wasn't able to find him to battle again. Silly me.

Syntsui

Ok, Tornadus is straight up not possible itemless with the Pokémons available on mobile. Should Attack Power be enough?

I will use it on the last day so I guarantee a catch with a great ball.

CassSept

To be fair, it's only possible itemless on 3DS if you get lucky I think. I'm just trying my luck for now and if I don't get it over the next few days I'm going AP+MS on weekend.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Just caught Tornadus (3 turns left with Mega Start and Super Catch Chance brought me to 95%), and it says "Incarnate Forme" on its entry. So I guess we'll get the Therian Formes of the Forces of Nature as well?
I hate those guys.

Syntsui

Is it a lock that we will receive Landorus and Thundurus next? I'm afraid to waste on my coins on Tornadus considering he is trash.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Might finally take a break from this aside from signing in for my free coins. Well past 80k now & if we're getting an escalation battle, that just means even more coin grinding, especially at specific levels. Not to mention I'm running out of Pokemon to level up since I aim for level 8 as a good stopping point for using them on Meowth.

Not like there's much else to spend it on next week if we're just getting more repeats as well.

Azuran

Banned
Datamine suggests former and the easier is only the catch rate (base of 9% is increased by 5% each day). It still has 17k HP and the AI acts the same.

So pretty much wait till the last day and use every item possible. At least the higher catch rate should make dropping so many coins on one Pokemon hurt less.

daydream

Banned
yeah, not a huge fan of how that is handled

seems like it's their 'improvement' over pinsir, though, and i suspect we'll see more of this event type in the future (e,g, for the other weather god mons)

Hegarol

Caught Tornadus today. Used Attack and Mega.

Finished with 21%. No great ball needed.

Glad I am done for the week. Will casually level it til Monday. I am still about 90k with coins, so Sunday meowth will bring me back to MAX.

Orgen

Caught Tornadus (using the attack ítem) and finally Genesect (all in and with a great ball).

Now to get more S ranks!

What exactly is your team composed of?

Gengar (9)
Tyranitar (8)
Aurorus (9)
Ampharos (8)

Same team as always, basically. Hit the optimise button the switch Gengar in, haha. You have to evolve him pretty soon though, as soon as Tornadus starts disrupting it fucks the whole thing up.

Syntsui

Gengar (9)
Tyranitar (8)
Aurorus (9)
Ampharos (8)

Same team as always, basically. Hit the optimise button the switch Gengar in, haha. You have to evolve him pretty soon though, as soon as Tornadus starts disrupting it fucks the whole thing up.

I will try using Gengar tomorrow after praying to the RNG gods for a good roll.

Azuran

Banned
Got Tornadus at 51% with 11 turns left after buying Attack Power and Mega Start. A part of me was regretting not getting DD at first but Mega Ampharos played nice and got me some nice combos. Also was nice not having to spent extra on great balls.

Ondore

If that Delibird item escalation is this coming week, I'm probably going to run the table on it so I can use the items on MManectric.

Caught Tornadus this morning after an all in run (DD, MS, AT+), now I've actually got a spreadsheet hit list that tracks every S rank I missed and catch I haven't made. Just five S ranks to Genesect. (Also, Onix can screw off itemless.)

Syntsui

Got Tornadus after spending 11k on items + great ball. I hope we don't get Landorus or Thundurus next, or at least hope they are doable without itens. Otherwise I won't have enough coins.

Tornadus has one of the worst abilities in the game, what a fucking troll move from the developers.

c-murph

Got Tornadus after spending 11k on items + great ball. I hope we don't get Landorus or Thundurus next, or at least hope they are doable without itens. Otherwise I won't have enough coins.

Tornadus has one of the worst abilities in the game, what a fucking troll move from the developers.

My guess is we'll get the trio of them.

I want Cherrim or Furfrou so I can complete my Quirky+ team for Meowth Sundays. Well, that and more easy Speed Candies.

CassSept

That's... quite an overkill. MS+Attack Power easily lands you in ~40%-50% catch rate so you shouldn't have spent more than 8k unless you were VERY unlucky (i.e. it broke out at 90% catch rate), which is attainable in one day of grinding at leisurely pace if you have time to spare.

Syntsui

That's... quite an overkill. MS+Attack Power easily lands you in ~40%-50% catch rate so you shouldn't have spent more than 8k unless you were VERY unlucky (i.e. it broke out at 90% catch rate), which is attainable in one day of grinding at leisurely pace if you have time to spare.
MS + Attack Power + Great Ball = 11k.

I'm on mobile =(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Update time:

- Delibird escalation battle
- MORE MAIN STAGES & A NEW AREA!
- Repeat of Mega Manectric

Edit: Delibird is actually an "Incredible Item Stage" & lasts 8 days. You earn a ton of items:

Level 1: Exp. 1.5
Level 5: Moves +5
Level 10: Disruption Delay
Level 15: Exp. 1.5
Level 20: Mega Start
Level 30: Attack Power Up
Level 40: Exp. 1.5
Level 50: Attack Power Up
Level 60: Moves +5
Level 70: Disruption Delay
Level 80: Mega Start
Level 100: Complexity -1

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Delibird seems like he could be insanely easy. On Level 1, I defeated him with ONE move that was a 3 combo. I think it seems that they didn't adjust his HP so if you've got a good high level team, you'll blast through these, but I'll have to reach a higher level & see.

Didn't even realize I already caught him & that he was waaaaaaaaaaay back in stage 106.

Top Bottom