• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Did Manectric 4 times before getting a high enough score for a Speedup. Gengar was good for combos but not enough power.

Lucky me, Latios caught at 4%.

Timed is different... once forgot I started the stage and didn't start until 30 seconds in haha. Also making matches in the first few stages without disruptions everywhere was a pleasant surprise.

Hegarol

I really like the timed escalation. Its a welcome change from the usual stuff.

Also it seems we will have the big updates on Tuesday from now on. At least til christmas.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, TIMED escalation battles? At least we're finally getting Mega Steelix & I can have a better Mega Steel Pokemon (hopefully).

Latios rewards after 100:
110 - 2000 Coins
125 - 2000 Coins
150 - 1 Mega Speedup
200 - 1 Mega Speedup

Chris1

Don't think I'll be getting the 150/200 speedup this time, I'm not great at timed battles and part of the reason I went so far in the previous ones is that they were easy so I didn't have to try or anything a win just kinda happened. I'm guessing that won't be the case here if I'm constantly being timed alongside disruptions etc.

I'm going to let the intrepid adventurers who contribute to the shuffle guide google doc and use plenty of bonus hearts let me know just how scary Latios gets post 50 and post 100, but yea this one could be rough going. The key will obviously be to get Dancing Dragons activated and keep it going (although if things get really nuts then counterattack might be nice to activate and start a combo?), concentrating on killing barrier disruptions toward the top. If this simply means lots of purchasing time +10 then I might be in, but as you said, timed 1 min battles are just inherently more stressful

still nice to catch it at 6% and now get to level it with the rest of my dragon team. having 4 100 attack dragons is nice. Latios mega ability is essentially the horizontal version of Manectric (and thus also similar to Latias). Ill see if it ends up being the better option once I pass 50, or stick with Latias, or perhaps swap in Gengar for easier combos but still focus on dancing dragons.

JoeM86

Still trying to catch Latios and at Level 20. Yeesh

It should be noted that all updates are to come on Tuesday from here on, not Monday. No idea why, maybe Picross will be updating Mondays.

SaintRidley

Neo Member
Pastebin for Mega Steelix says it's a Mega Aero clone. But unable to touch rocks. So, worse than Aero and with all the same problems.

Just what I always wanted for my favorite Pokemon - to be the worst mega in the game.

JoeM86

Pastebin for Mega Steelix says it's a Mega Aero clone. But unable to touch rocks. So, worse than Aero and with all the same problems.

Just what I always wanted for my favorite Pokemon - to be the worst mega in the game.

Mega Effect could always change when they send out the stone. That's what they did with Gardevoir

W-00

Wow, so many people catching Latias at four or five percent. And here I thought catching her at twelve percent was surprising.

YourMaster

Wow, so many people catching Latias at four or five percent. And here I thought catching her at twelve percent was surprising.

Last few times I was really unlucky, this time I was really lucky with 3%, but 12% is actually a lot later than average:

1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10+11+12= 78%

Would looking at the chance of not being caught it be more sensible here? Less liable to fall into fallacies (which simply summing the chance each time does as it is like if it is 50% each time then doing it twice will always work).
Code:
1 99
2 97.02
3 94.1
4 90.3
5 85.82
6 80.67
7 75.03
12 44.27
I might be slightly out here due to not using a spreadsheet or anything but you see by stage 12 you have around a 56% chance of having caught an escalation Pokemon, not 78%.

daydream

Banned
when you start a timed level, then look away and forget that you started it

giphy.gif

c-murph

Finally got Latios at level 16. So far, I've been able to beat the stages in about 8-12 seconds.

Yeah, same dealio and I'm on Lv.25 atm. I got a dragon team (Latias 9, Dragonite 6, Rayquaza 6, and Latios 3) that seems to be working pretty good.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
My team has been Gardevoir (7, almost 8), Dragonite (MAX), Xerneas (MAX), & Latias (8).

It's a bit annoying when I want to level a Pokemon up via using them when grinding for coins but they have an ability that removes said coins on the grid. Even more so when it feels random as to when it activates. Really only get the chance to level them up on Weekend Victini.

Last few times I was really unlucky, this time I was really lucky with 3%, but 12% is actually a lot later than average:

1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10+11+12= 78%

That's not how probabilities work. The chance to have caught something by X% is the inverse of the chance to have missed every time up to that percentage, so 1 - (0.99*0.98*0.97...). At 12%, you will have only had a 56% chance to have caught it already.

Would looking at the chance of not being caught it be more sensible here? Less liable to fall into fallacies (which simply summing the chance each time does as it is like if it is 50% each time then doing it twice will always work).
Code:
1 99
2 97.02
3 94.1
4 90.3
5 85.82
6 80.67
7 75.03
12 44.27
I might be slightly out here due to not using a spreadsheet or anything but you see by stage 12 you have around a 56% chance of having caught an escalation Pokemon, not 78%.

Whoops, beaten.

Chris1

anyone played through Latios 50 yet? Do I need to go in with items?
I'm only on 44 but let me know if you do need items.

I'm guessing at best you'll need +10 seconds though as it's still quite easy for me.

Edit: Stage 50 sucks badly. Probably gonna have to take AP. You also start with 10 less seconds.

L.O.R.D

latias in the mobile version is much easier then the 3DS version
just reached level 50 and found the first ice and wood blocks
level 51 is normal without blocks , weird

also

Banned
latias in the mobile version is much easier then the 3DS version
just reached level 50 and found the first ice and wood blocks
level 51 is normal without blocks , weird
That's normal. Stages with mega stones and mega speedups are way harder than the ''filler'' stages in-between. If you want the unlisted rewards (lv 70+) you will sooner or later reach a point where there are practically no more filler stages and disruptions galore. IIRC, it happened at lv. 160+ during the Crescelia escalation battle.
After lv. 60, Latias will use disruptions (ice, wood) unless you make a combo of at least 4.

I'm only on 44 but let me know if you do need items.

I'm guessing at best you'll need +10 seconds though as it's still quite easy for me.

Edit: Stage 50 sucks badly. Probably gonna have to take AP. You also start with 10 less seconds.

Yea I went in with DD and time +10, took it down but close. Was a mega latias dragon team, no gardevoir. Been rocking mega latias from 51-71 itemless without much issue

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I was SOOOOOOOOOO close with just DD & +10, but failed. Brought in Mega Start & had about 15 seconds left.

c-murph

I only got around 20% on Latios Lv.50...

Then I said fuck dat noise and used stock MS, DD and bought a AP and destroyed his ass in seconds. lol

Beat 51-54 itemless again though. Actually going to try for at least two of the Speed Up Candies this competition.

I have one in stock but not sure who I should give them too yet... I only have M Gengar maxed with one candy. lol

Syntsui

Huuuuuge difficulty spike on level 50 (mobile). I will keep trying without items until the RNG God bless me though.

I won't even waste time trying for mega speed, not worth the hearts + stress + possible coins.

Azuran

Banned
LMAO level 50 Latias kicked my ass so hard. I was expecting a difficulty spike but I didn't think it was going to be that crazy. Everything always falls apart when Diancie refuses to cooperate.

Tripon

I'm playing Pokemon Shuffle on mobile and just beat Latias on level 50, currently on level 59.

I'm stuck against Mega Mewtwo Y as well.

Top Bottom