• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Syntsui

Said and done, beat level 50 with CRAZY lucky. I got HUGE combos after every single move and still finished with only 1 move left. The other levels are kinda of easy though.

Maybe the Mega Speed is worth it after all.

also

Banned
Reddit user rato123 made graphs for the escalation battles showing the HP and the disruptions you will encounter. Note that any stage with mega stones or speedups will have crazy amount of disruptions (and reduced time in the Latios EB).

Latias (mobile)
Here's the Reddit thread for the past 3DS Latias EB. They seem to be identical so you can look here for advice.
mBuLOrA.png

Latios (3DS)
F5eyY2v.png

X axis = stage level
Y axis = HP
gold dot = money
black dot = mega speedup
red = mega stone

W-00

*Fighting Latias again and again.*

Wow, even as a new player I think I'm doing rather well here. Getting that Mega Stone should be a piece of cake.

*Fights lvl. 50 Latias.*

*Expletive deleted.* Still, it should be entirely possible to beat if I use a few items.

*Fights lvl. 50 Latias again, using a mega start and a moves+5.*

... I suppose I should have used an attack boost as well. Ho hum. Time to farm some coins until I'm able to afford that.

daripad

So, I was among the first 100,000; meaning that I had to get the Manectite on mobile version. Why haven't I received my stone? :(

So, I was among the first 100,000; meaning that I had to get the Manectite on mobile version. Why haven't I received my stone? :(

Did you check in during the reward period? On 3DS at least you only have a week to claim the prize.

Beat Latios 50 today with DD and Mega Start, used Time+10 as well but finished with 11 seconds left, what a waste of money! Back to Meowth!

also

Banned
Don't be a cheapskate like me and try to clear Latias 150 on mobile without C-1. You will only end up wasting coins because you really do need all the items.

Fewr

Thanks for the advice. I'm currently at 140. I don't think I'll get to 200, most likely I'll focus on next week's activity or take a break.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
WOW. I took Latias & Machamp for Victini, both who were still level 1 with no EXP, using Moves +5 & EXP x1.5 (I had 2 moves left), Latias made it a little over half way to level 5 while Machamp almost hit level 6. Possibly the most I've ever seen Pokemon level up from doing Victini.

c-murph

WOW. I took Latias & Machamp for Victini, both who were still level 1 with no EXP, using Moves +5 & EXP x1.5 (I had 2 moves left), Latias made it a little over half way to level 5 while Machamp almost hit level 6. Possibly the most I've ever seen Pokemon level up from doing Victini.

Apparently, Exp takes a drastic jump over level 5. It's like levels 1 through 4 combined or something.

Thanks for the advice. I'm currently at 140. I don't think I'll get to 200, most likely I'll focus on next week's activity or take a break.

Yeah, I'm maxing out all my Dragons (Latias Lv.9, Rayquaza Lv.9, Dragonite Lv.9, Latios Lv.8) and Fairies (Xernas Lv.7 & Diancie Lv.9) in preparation of the big Level 100 and 150. I'm only on level 62 at the moment...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sheeeeeesh, I reached level 191 on Latias & it got a boost of HP, plus getting more annoying with placing iron blocks.

Sheeeeeesh, I reached level 191 on Latias & it got a boost of HP, plus getting more annoying with placing iron blocks.

yea, to be safest with 191-198 you want AP up. I did 191 and 192 with only time+10 but then lost a heart on 193 and said f it. 199 and 200 I used time up and AP up. Not too crazy an investment for a delicious speed candy

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
yea, to be safest with 191-198 you want AP up. I did 191 and 192 with only time+10 but then lost a heart on 193 and said f it. 199 and 200 I used time up and AP up. Not too crazy an investment for a delicious speed candy
Yeah, after two failed attempts, one with time +10 & another with DD, I gave in & used AP up.

Also haha, Thundurus caught with 25% on first attempt. Glad that's dealt with.

Edit: GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, I WAS ONE OR TWO MATCHES FROM BEATING LEVEL 200. Now I gotta re-earn the 7,300 coins it'll cost to afford standing a damn chance. Maybe I should switch Mega Gardevoir for someone else, like Mega Latios or Latias.

Ondore

Tried an all-in run on Steelix using Charizard as a Mega. It went... poorly.

Sub Emboar in to break barriers or try a different Mega? (Note: No MGarchomp available, MMedicahm is though).

Yeah, after two failed attempts, one with time +10 & another with DD, I gave in & used AP up.

Also haha, Thundurus caught with 25% on first attempt. Glad that's dealt with.

Edit: GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, I WAS ONE OR TWO MATCHES FROM BEATING LEVEL 200. Now I gotta re-earn the 7,300 coins it'll cost to afford standing a damn chance. Maybe I should switch Mega Gardevoir for someone else, like Mega Latios or Latias.

ohhh sorry, you're on latias and mobile, I read it as latios. yea even on 3DS latias was way more of a bitch than latios

c-murph

My Lv.5 team of of shitty ground pokemon and glalie did nothing to Thunderus. Need to Level up more.

Caught Machamp with Mega Slowbro.

Only got around 9,800 pts on Mega Steelix. Will try again on final day with items.

Made it to level 90 with Latios.

Syntsui

My Lv.5 team of of shitty ground pokemon and glalie did nothing to Thunderus. Need to Level up more.

Caught Machamp with Mega Slowbro.

Only got around 9,800 pts on Mega Steelix. Will try again on final day with items.

Made it to level 90 with Latios.
Just use items, leveling up won't help that much.

daydream

Banned
went ahead and blew the coins on steelix just so i can focus on thundurus. a score of 41k should net me the mega stone, i reckon

It updated already. Thundurus and M-Lucario are the new challenges.

i meant the ui update with the new sorting options and all that

Azuran

Banned
So I just unlocked the Genesect stage and have no idea how to tackle this beast. There's so many strategies online that I don't know what to use and if I'm going to spend coins, I want the best one possible.

Ondore

Protip for the competition: Your first two moves should be swap top left and bottom left, then top right and bottom right. Trust me.

also

Banned
Finally cleared Latias lv. 200 on mobile. Had to resort to move +5 for stages 191-199 and I stopped at lv. 197 to max my team of dragons (M Latias, Dragonite, Haxorus, Rayquaza) because the HP spike was just too much.
For stage 200 I went all in and bought all the items. I finished with 8 moves left so technically I wouldn't have needed moves +5 but better to waste a 1000 coins than to throw away 19k in case you get unlucky with the skyfall.

Now it's back to grinding coins.

c-murph

Finally cleared Latias lv. 200 on mobile. Had to resort to move +5 for stages 191-199 and I stopped at lv. 197 to max my team of dragons (M Latias, Dragonite, Haxorus, Rayquaza) because the HP spike was just too much.
For stage 200 I went all in and bought all the items. I finished with 8 moves left so technically I wouldn't have needed moves +5 but better to waste a 1000 coins than to throw away 19k in case you get unlucky with the skyfall.

Congrats. I didn't have a team strong enough to make it that far on the 3DS. This time around I'm running Max Latios, Dragonite, Latias and Lv.8 Xernas for the Latios Escalation battle. Just made it to level 140. Gunna go to 150 to get the Mega Speedup and probably call it quits because its getting to the point where it feels like I'll need items for every battle.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What's the suggested Mega for Mega Steelix? I try to go by Rankings, but of course freakin' Ditto is there as always.

Congrats. I didn't have a team strong enough to make it that far on the 3DS. This time around I'm running Max Latios, Dragonite, Latias and Lv.8 Xernas for the Latios Escalation battle. Just made it to level 140. Gunna go to 150 to get the Mega Speedup and probably call it quits because its getting to the point where it feels like I'll need items for every battle.

I was going to do the same with such a difficultly spike between 141-150 but then it drops off a cliff and resets. Now after 151 I'm back to betting each level with one attempt and 20+ sec left. Looks like it will probably remain that way til 191-200

My team isn't leveled up much either everyone's under lvl 7 Mega Gardevior/Latias/Dragonite/Avalugg. But I can switch in a MAX Xerneas or Diancie when I reach a mega speed up.

Orgen

What's the suggested Mega for Mega Steelix? I try to go by Rankings, but of course freakin' Ditto is there as always.

Garchomp is the most used but I got a better result with blaziken (Groudon and Ninetales help to get good combos).

I don't know which one is better in this case :|

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Finally got to the lvl 100 for Latios, yay. I might try for the lvl 150 but I was wondering : if the Latios escalation comes back, will I have to do it from the start with the possibility of getting another candy for getting to lvl 100 or will I pick up where I left off?

also

Banned

As Caddywompus said and as you can see from the graph I posted on the top of the page, the HP does drop off after lv. 150, so don't give up just yet!

Finally got to the lvl 100 for Latios, yay. I might try for the lvl 150 but I was wondering : if the Latios escalation comes back, will I have to do it from the start with the possibility of getting another candy for getting to lvl 100 or will I pick up where I left off?

From the start.

L.O.R.D

i think i am going to stop playing the mobile version for couple of months,I'll continue playing the 3ds version

Maybe if they decide to update mobile version and add 200 Pokemon to main level ,then I'll be back.

also

Banned
So which Mega is recommended against Thundurus on mobile? There's no super effective mega available yet and Gengar doesn't clear the disruptions. Latias and Mewtwo currently have the highest attack power but Latias' ability is very luck based and Mewtwo's is useless against Thundurus.

MiTYH

So which Mega is recommended against Thundurus on mobile? There's no super effective mega available yet and Gengar doesn't clear the disruptions. Latias and Mewtwo currently have the highest attack power but Latias' ability is very luck based and Mewtwo's is useless against Thundurus.

I've had good luck with M-Aero. Tried today and was JUST short of beating it. Bad board placement, mostly.

also

Banned
I've had good luck with M-Aero. Tried today and was JUST short of beating it. Bad board placement, mostly.

Will try that but Aero takes so long to evolve that I'm afraid the match will be almost over by the time it mega evolves. Fingers crossed for some lucky skyfall combos.

I've defected. Ditched Gengar for Weekend Meowth and moved over to Team Banette.

WVW69iopmIgdOop9w9

I probably get about the same as I would with Gengar most weeks, but a good Banette week is better than a good Gengar week.

I do still think Gengar is a better choice in regular levels though!

Top Bottom