• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Azuran

Banned
One day they will make a Pokemon game where the genies aren't a complete pain in the ass to defeat. One glorious day...

Fewr

Wow, I did great in my second attempt at the competition:
score = 58,201
Current place: 53 / 60,344

Team: MGarchomp, Groudon, Ninetales, Heatran. Used all items, and the recommended first two moves, then focused on evolving Garchomp, then just got lucky keeping my combos going.

c-murph

Wow, I did great in my second attempt at the competition:
score = 58,201
Current place: 53 / 60,344

Team: MGarchomp, Groudon, Ninetales, Heatran. Used all items, and the recommended first two moves, then focused on evolving Garchomp, then just got lucky keeping my combos going.

Just unloaded my bank on Latios Lv.150. Beat him pretty easily. Won't be going any further.

I gotta save up the $13,500 need to buy all the items for the Steelix competition... Only sitting at $2000 atm... Plenty of time...

What's the recommended first two moves for Steelix?

Also, When is Thundurus over? Is that Tomorrow night with everything else? Dang, Gunna need probably another small fortune to catch him unless I get lucky.

Yeah I'm stuck on Latios 191. And I'm not even close to beating him, I've got them money to keep going but not sure it's worth it. I'm not confident I could comfortably win with +10 seconds and Disruption Delay, I suck at timed stages.

also

Banned
Finally finished leveling Victini for the Lucario competition on mobile; got a score of 56163 which put me at the 2739th place. Hopefully enough to stay in the top 10k to snag that mega speedup. Before I used M-Mewtwo and 1 psychic Pokemon and I could hardly break 40k, using 2 psychics made all the difference.
I did 2100 on Meowth today, fuck you guys.
:(
I only got like 3100. Probably the lowest I ever got :/

Syntsui

Finally finished leveling Victini for the Lucario competition on mobile; got a score of 56163 which put me at the 2739th place. Hopefully enough to stay in the top 10k to snag that mega speedup. Before I used M-Mewtwo and 1 psychic Pokemon and I could hardly break 40k, using 2 psychics made all the difference.

I only got like 3100. Probably the lowest I ever got :/

I did 57k on M-Lucario just now and I'm in pretty much in the same position as you. I hope it's enough for the Mega Speedup, though I know there is room for improvement if I level up everyone.

also

Banned
Got 60k on my 4th attempt with the new strategy and now I'm almost in the top 1k. That's it for me; now I really need to grind Meowth because I only have 24k left. Tomorrow's update better not be a coin drain.
I did 57k on M-Lucario just now and I'm in pretty much in the same position as you. I hope it's enough for the Mega Speedup, though I know there is room for improvement if I level up everyone.
Last competition I dropped ~6k places on the final day, so we should both be safe. You also can't use items so we won't have people waiting until the final day to save up enough coins for a full item run.

c-murph

Oh no. I only have enough coins to do either a full item run on Steelix or Thundurus with a great ball or two... Which, one do I choose?!

Oh no. I only have enough coins to do either a full item run on Steelix or Thundurus with a great ball or two... Which, one do I choose?!

Are you on 3DS? I'd go Thundurus first because it might cost less than you think on Great Balls, and for Steelix save yourself 9,000 coins and don't bother with C-1. The other items will be more than enough to win the Steelixite unless you're really really rubbish. ATK+ on its own might be enough. You probably won't get a Mega SpeedUp but I doubt that's important to you right now.

also

Banned
They will both be back eventually. If you're confident enough that you'll get the mega speedup, go for Steelix. Thundurus has an awful ability (power of 5+) so you'll only want him for completion purposes. It makes no difference if you catch him now or later, while the additional mega speedup is a one time only chance.

They will both be back eventually. If you're confident enough that you'll get the mega speedup, go for Steelix. Thundurus has an awful ability (power of 5+) so you'll only want him for completion purposes. It makes no difference if you catch him now or later, while the additional mega speedup is a one time only chance.

There are speedups to win almost every single week =/

Yes, but the chance to get this one will be gone forever and, as Syntsui said, there are not nearly enough of them.

I still maintain that they're all but useless anyway, you certainly wouldn't need to use them on all your Megas. Use them on Banette for the weekend Meowth and you're basically done.

They're never ever going to be a replacement for using Mega Start and that's so cheap it hardly seems worth wasting the time. They're cool if you can pick them up but I never understood why people are going out of their way to get them. I'm pretty sure that the contest levels are literally the only ones where you can't use Mega Start and at that point the Mega Speedups are only going to raise your score a tiny amount and all they'll help you do is win more useless Mega Speedups.

It's the novelty since Speedups can't be bought.

For Thundurus I went DD, MS, and ATK+ and finished with 7 moves left, didn't need a Great Ball (was 43% when I caught it, should be higher now).

Steelix is pretty easy to get the Stone without C-1 (since Ninetales is SE anyway). I did two full-item runs and did a lot better with Garchomp and Optimize than an all-Fire team (MBlaziken's ability can ruin your matches). You can also use Lucario for block removal or Gengar.

Syntsui

I still maintain that they're all but useless anyway, you certainly wouldn't need to use them on all your Megas. Use them on Banette for the weekend Meowth and you're basically done.

They're never ever going to be a replacement for using Mega Start and that's so cheap it hardly seems worth wasting the time. They're cool if you can pick them up but I never understood why people are going out of their way to get them. I'm pretty sure that the contest levels are literally the only ones where you can't use Mega Start and at that point the Mega Speedups are only going to raise your score a tiny amount and all they'll help you do is win more useless Mega Speedups.

They could be game changer in future challenges without items.

They could be game changer in future challenges without items.

If those things ever exist, but I don't see why they would since the goal of the game is to make people buy stuff so preventing them from buying stuff seems kinda counter-intuitive.

Even then for the most part the difference Mega SpeedUps make will be insignificant. Basically I wouldn't prioritise them over a Mega Stone which will be potentially FAR more useful.

The Mega Stone will come round once or twice a year. Mega SpeedUps are available nearly every week. Sure, not this specific one, but the supply is endless so what difference does it make?

c-murph

Yeah, I'm on 3DS.

Hmmm. Gunna try for Steelix balls out. I think I can place high enough for the Mega Speedup. I spent 2 and have 3 in reserve right meow. Could always use more.

Syntsui

If those things ever exist, but I don't see why they would since the goal of the game is to make people buy stuff so preventing them from buying stuff seems kinda counter-intuitive.

Even then for the most part the difference Mega SpeedUps make will be insignificant. Basically I wouldn't prioritise them over a Mega Stone which will be potentially FAR more useful.

The Mega Stone will come round once or twice a year. Mega SpeedUps are available nearly every week. Sure, not this specific one, but the supply is endless so what difference does it make?

They do on mobile, right now haha. Using Mega Speedups on Mewtwo is certainly helping those guys getting 80k scores on M-Lucario challenge.

also

Banned

The current Lucario challenge on mobile is itemless.

I disagree. I'm sure my maxed Mewtwo gave me a huge advantage in the Lucario competition; evolving just one turn earlier can be a game changer with his ability. And speedups completely change the viability of certain Pokemon; Latias requires 22 icons to evolve but with speedups she only needs 10. That's a huge change that you can't just dismiss as a slight advantage,

Umm, no one said anything about prioritizing Mega Speedups over Mega Stones. We're talking about prioritizing a speedup over a crappy Pokemon.

Mega Start on mobile costs 2500 coins, that's ~8 Meowth runs or 8 hearts. It's not something you can just use whenever you want.

Umm, no one said anything about prioritizing Mega Speedups over Mega Stones. We're talking about prioritizing a speedup over a crappy Pokemon.

Haha, oh yeah. I'd still prioritise a Pokémon though. It's the second or third best Electric Pokémon in the game at present so could certainly be useful to have.

also

Banned
Haha, oh yeah. I'd still prioritise a Pokémon though. It's the second or third best Electric Pokémon in the game at present so could certainly be useful to have.

Electricity is super effective against flying and water. For flying you already have Zapdos, Aurorus and Regirock with a base AP of 70 and better abilities. For water there's Sceptile, Zapdos and Raikou. While Raikou only has Power of 5 instead of Power of 5+ like Thundurus, it's highly unlikely that you will activate either of those abilities in a match, so there's not much difference.

That's for the mobile version. On 3DS, where c-murphis is playing, you have access to even more SE Pokemon; Avalugg, Regice, Terrakion, and Tiranitar to cover flying Pokemon and Chesnaught,Tangrowth, Shaymin, Virizion, and Roserade to cover the water type. All with a base AP of 70 and with better abilities than Thundurus.

I struggle to think of any instance where using Thundurus might prove useful given all the superior options. Well, maybe if you have insane luck in getting 5-icon matches :p

CassSept

#2303 in Europe...

Palkia, Dialga and Garchomp safari repeats and Landorus. I guess I could have dropped some coins yesterday to improve my score :/

E:
Regis repeat and Regigigas (base 90!)
incoming for Christmas period, as could be expected
Mega Garchomp repeat
coming soon and some weird
Mewtwo event

Ondore

I could see Landorus getting play simply because it's a base 80 Ground.

Apparently the Mewtwo event is for 5 million downloads, and is a Try Items stage with a 100% catch rate if you don't already have Mewtwo.

Yay, Best Safari is back! And I have a perfect 3 Pokemon to use on it.

Syntsui

I could see Landorus getting play simply because it's a base 80 Ground.

Apparently the Mewtwo event is for 5 million downloads, and is a Try Items stage with a 100% catch rate if you don't already have Mewtwo.

Yay, Best Safari is back! And I have a perfect 3 Pokemon to use on it.

Trash event. Most people already wasted a lot of gold to catch Mewtwo. Good for newcomers tho.

c-murph

Decided to get Thundurus. Beat him with items, ended up with Mega Catch power and Great Ball for MAX catch rate. lol

Placed high enough to get Steelix.

Also, Just caught Dialga on my first go.

But now I got to Level up some Grass and Ice Pokemons for the Water battles ahead...

Machine

Well, I caught Landorus this morning and collected my Steelixite and mega speedup. Once again, I'm up to date so all I can do is farm coins until they give us new content. They really are just trickling it out at this point.

c-murph

Any one know whether Phione is included in this Safari? It's not listed in the info description. Serebii lists it as a one percent chance last time this safari went live.

also

Banned
Any one know whether Phione is included in this Safari? It's not listed in the info description. Serebii lists it as a one percent chance last time this safari went live.

It's in. The safari description mentions that rare Pokemon might show up, *wink* *wink*.

Yea, got it on my 7th attempt. Didn't appear a single time in the what felt like 100+ games I tried last time. Either they increased the encounter rate or the RNG gods were smiling upon me today.

W-00

So... When do the prizes from competitions normally get handed out on the mobile version? Automatically once the competition ends, or is there a delay? Because I'm pretty sure I qualified for a Lucarionite (unless I somehow fell over sixty thousand ranks in a half hour), and so far... nada.

Is there any way to check your rank in a competition once it's over?

Top Bottom