• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

I can't even beat Steelix on the mobile version. I imagine it's just one of those unreasonably hard normal stages. It probably doesn't help that I don't seem to have a Mega Evolve that's Super Effective against him either >.<

I haven't played the 3DS version but it seems like there's a lot of weird pacing in the Mobile version. You'll get screwed on a certain stage for days or even weeks then manage a good run, get a B or C, and stomp through the next 5-10 stages with relative ease.

SaintZ

Err. How do you beat Rosella?
I just beat it... with some luck.

I used Heracross (crowd control)/Heatran (last resort)/Salamence (hitting streak).

You need to make matches of 4 so Roselia won't use any disruptions. If you begin the match with half of the board filled with Heracross (that's the part where you need some luck) you can trigger its ability for maximum damage.

Hey at least I got to see tutorial girl one last time with this update. Plus golden icons of her on things she recommends.

Still she does recommend things you already have and also some things people might disagree over. Landorous is only 2 despite being a rare ground type while Dialga and Palkia both fine Water and steel get three.

edit: The recommendations also appear when you fail to catch something (i.e. they are designed to encourage to buy that great ball) as I found in the Phione Safari.
edit: It also recommends a team level but only for expert stages. Mewtwo for instance recommends level 9s.

I would assume mobile is where all the money is coming from. It makes sense to focus on that for now.

S-Ranked Gardevoir but didn't spend coins for a Great Ball.

JoeM86

I would assume mobile is where all the money is coming from. It makes sense to focus on that for now.

S-Ranked Gardevoir but didn't spend coins for a Great Ball.

Yeah it's really not. It is only just about to hit the 5 million download mark, which is shockingly slow. The 3DS was only like 2 months slower.

It's also never been high in grossing charts.

I argue the focus on it (including the US Twitter only tweeting about events in Mobile) has been an attempt to try and shore it up, since mobile is meant to be better.

stolin

Yeah it's really not. It is only just about to hit the 5 million download mark, which is shockingly slow. The 3DS was only like 2 months slower.

It's also never been high in grossing charts.

I argue the focus on it (including the US Twitter only tweeting about events in Mobile) has been an attempt to try and shore it up, since mobile is meant to be better.

I've been playing the 3DS version since day one, now over 300 hours, ranking in all competitions & fully caught roster. I've said many times in this thread that I would/will have paid $10 for unlocked unlimited hearts. But I will not pay for the current consumable setup..

JoeM86

I've been playing the 3DS version since day one, now over 300 hours, ranking in all competitions & fully caught roster. I've said many times in this thread that I would/will have paid $10 for unlocked unlimited hearts. But I will not pay for the current consumable setup..

I respect that.

I believe many agree, which is why Pokémon Shuffle isn't one of the top grossing games on the eShop yet Pokémon Rumble World is.

W-00

Well... After this latest update the Play Store is now saying that Pokemon Shuffle isn't compatible with my device (Galaxy Tab 4). And I can't play without updating it. So I can't play at all.

Well if it had an unlimited hearts pay wall I know I wouldn't play it as often. This game works great in small doses and without the constant need to check in it would fall to the back of mind and eventually forgotten.

Though I would support some sort of heart container DLC, a pack that gives you a few more permanent hearts, a couple of MSU and maybe a timed exclusive Mega Stone. I'd give them $5 for something simple like that package.

also

Banned
On mobile safari the Pokemon in the 4th slot gains experience even though it doesn't participate in battle. Given that Starmie gives 100 exp, it is a great way to level up some mons while you're desperately searching for Manaphy. Note that you will only see the exp gain after closing and reopening the app. The exp is cumulative, meaning you can spend all 5 hearts at once and don't have to restart the app between each safari run.

Thanks, Reddit.

Wish I found out earlier as I just caught Manaphy Phione and now I'm done with the safari.

Chris1

Pretty much. I'll pay for something that eases off the F2Pness, like unlimited hearts or permanent increase of hearts I can store if the price is right, but I won't be touching any of the consumables with a 10 foot pole.

c-murph

On mobile safari the Pokemon in the 4th slot gains experience even though it doesn't participate in battle. Given that Starmie gives 100 exp, it is a great way to level up some mons while you're desperately searching for Manaphy. Note that you will only see the exp gain after closing and reopening the app. The exp is cumulative, meaning you can spend all 5 hearts at once and don't have to restart the app between each safari run.

Thanks, Reddit.

Wish I found out earlier as I just caught Manaphy and now I'm done with the safari.

Manapy? I thought it was Phione you could catch... Also, day three and still nothing on 3DS. Any one catch this thing on the 3DS in this most recent Safari?

I agree. There needs to be a buy option. It's complete bullshit there isn't. Even Pokemon Picross gives you unlimited play once you buy 5,000 currency. Which is like Thirty-something dollars I'm told but at least it has the option.

c-murph

Could be a couple of reasons why no update on the 3DS.

Mobile users luv their micro-transactions. That's probably the focus if that's where all the money is coming from. Maybe the 3DS doesn't bring in the bank like mobile does.

The 3DS/Nintendo may have some sort of fee to release a patch to the game. Which could result in them just bundling a big update together down the line to avoid one small update.

The 3DS/Nintendo could have a lengthy review process for any patches release. Bug-testing, Nintendo approval, etc.

Maybe the 3DS is just dead and they figure no point in supporting something that isn't profitable. User may have jumped ship to the mobile version since phones are the in handheld of choice nowadays.

Just a guess. Clearly mobile is their main priority though.

c-murph

I don't see how thats the case. Yes we don't have the UI updates (yet), but we constantly have new events, competitions and stages. I don't see how mobile is their priority.

Ok. We'll just say that it appears that mobile at the moment get's their special attention with these UI updates. How's that? Everyone less offended now? Geezus christ.

Hegarol

Ok. We'll just say that it appears that mobile at the moment get's their special attention with these UI updates. How's that? Everyone less offended now? Geezus christ.
Come on. You had an opinion and I posted an argument against it. There is no one offended and no need to be rude.

Azuran

Banned
Phew, nice to finally get that out of the way.

ub27aMA.png

WHY is a great ball 4000 coins on mobile, then only 2500 on 3DS. Its so much harder to progress in the mobile version.

EDIT: Was able to catch Phione first try because there is no ridiculous great ball tax on the 3ds version.

also

Banned
WHY is a great ball 4000 coins on mobile, then only 2500 on 3DS. Its so much harder to progress in the mobile version.

EDIT: Was able to catch Phione first try because there is no ridiculous great ball tax on the 3ds version.
Everything is more expensive on mobile, and the catch rates are lower, and the money and exp farming stages have been nerfed. The Pokemon Company must think that mobile users are more tolerant of being pushed towards IAPs since that's a very common business model for mobile games

BTW, a Great Ball costs 3500. You scared me for a second; I thought they raised the price.

Syntsui

I'm sitting fine with decent money and pretty much all the relevant Pokémons in the mobile version. It's all fucked up compared to the 3DS version, but it's not the end of the world. Still the best version by far for practicality alone.

Azuran

Banned
People love to exaggerate how bad the mobile version supposedly is. And yet here I am all the way on the Tyranitar stage with 181 S-ranks, over 200 mons caught, and 40k+ coins without doing a single minute of farming.

Lowering a catch rate from 5% to 3% really doesn't make that much of a difference at all. And only a couple of Pokemon are actually good so there's little to no reason to waste coins on stuff like Togekiss you'll probably never use.

c-murph

Caught Phione... on my old 3DS though. I logged in after forever just to see how many hearts and jewels I've saved up by not playing.

It's not my main game and I caught her on my Fourth attempt. Fourth. Didn't even realize it was her until I was about to k.o. her. I was just going through the motions and figured I'd add Garchomp to it's rooster. Fuck. Back to the days attempts at trying to catch her on my real 3DS.

MiTYH

Managed to get Phione. Only missing.. Gabite? Not sure if it's worth it to lose out on Meowth farming to try for just ONE. I'm sure he'll be back in the main game eventually....

Still need Landerous. Tried itemless all these past days, no luck. Might just cave for atk power tomorrow since I can get below 50% each time. We'll see

Managed to get Phione. Only missing.. Gabite? Not sure if it's worth it to lose out on Meowth farming to try for just ONE. I'm sure he'll be back in the main game eventually....

Still need Landerous. Tried itemless all these past days, no luck. Might just cave for atk power tomorrow since I can get below 50% each time. We'll see

I don't think this has ever happened.

c-murph

I was wondering if they were going to eventually just make every Pokemon a stage. I would assume eventually they would all have a place somewhere.

c-murph

God Damn. Finally, caught Phione.

Also, crushed Landorus and Mega Heracross.

I've made it up to Spewpa. But it looks like I have to go back and catch Scatterbug. Ugh, this game is actually getting really annoying. It's like you have to spend +12k coins + have Max Lv Pokemon to S rank the levels now.

So, its back to Meowth to chip out another 300 coins a round. There's gotta be an easy way, right?

SaintZ

Is today the last day to get Landorus? The notification that pops up when you open the game lists the event ending on 12/13 (on 3ds) but the info bubble before going to its stage says 12/15.

also

Banned
I lsot Landorus. I thought Mega Start + 10 seconds would be enough... Whatever, gutter trash Pokémon.

Landorus is not exactly trash because it and Garchomp are curently the only two ground type Pokemon with an AP of 80. There's also only 2 ground Pokemon with an AP of 70; Groudon and Excadrill. If you missed Landorus you will therefore have to replace it with a ground Pokemon with an AP of 60 when battling against electric Pokemon, which is quite the downgrade.

I used Mega Start and Attack Power+ and still only finished with 10 seconds extra. Thankfully, the first Great Ball caught him.

MiTYH

Managed to get Gabite today, he was my last. Done with the safari, finally. Got Phione, got Garchomp, got Landerous. Time to farm coins for all the stuff coming tomorrow

Syntsui

Landorus is not exactly trash because it and Garchomp are curently the only two ground type Pokemon with an AP of 80. There's also only 2 ground Pokemon with an AP of 70; Groudon and Excadrill. If you missed Landorus you will therefore have to replace it with a ground Pokemon with an AP of 60 when battling against electric Pokemon, which is quite the downgrade.

I used Mega Start and Attack Power+ and still only finished with 10 seconds extra. Thankfully, the first Great Ball caught him.

Yes, but hitting streak kind of makes up for that. Gengar/Garchomp/Groundon/Stunfisk is pretty decent. It would be optimal with Landorus, but I'm not even mad.

SaintZ

The Regigigas event...

They haven't released Regice or Registeel for mobile right? It's way harder over there for that reason alone, I barely got him down to 1/3 of his health while I was one hit away of beating him on 3DS.

Also, Regice's ability is different on mobile. On 3DS it has Hitting Streak and on mobile it has "Freeze" (and it froze Regigigas for a couple of turns when I triggered it).

CassSept

Registeel has paralyze though, if you trigger it early on it's doable itemless. But since there is nothing else new this week you might just as well pop an attack power+ for good measure.

Top Bottom