• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

c-murph

So, mobile gets a new special store to exchange jewels for other abilities - like heart charge every 15 min for 24hr, Infinite hearts for an hour, and Increased catch powers...

Still waiting for that first 3DS update which doesn't seem like it's ever going to happen.

Chris1

So, mobile gets a new special store to exchange jewels for other abilities - like heart charge every 15 min for 24hr, Infinite hearts for an hour, and Increased catch powers...

Still waiting for that first 3DS update which doesn't seem like it's ever going to happen.
Oh wtf I wouldn't mind that, hope the 3ds gets them eventually.

Fewr

Keldeo in the 80s - wooden boxes everywhere.

I'll probably try to get past 100 then quit. There's a safari coming, and I want to get the new stages done too.

Hegarol

Keldeo in the 80s - wooden boxes everywhere.

I'll probably try to get past 100 then quit. There's a safari coming, and I want to get the new stages done too.
Same for me. Can't even imagine how hard 250 to 300 are. Will stop at 100, do the new levels and prepare for the safari.

also

Banned
Cleared Lv. 100 of the Keldeo escalation battle.
Saving up jewels on mobile finally paid off; bought the ''unlimited hearts for 1 hour'' item in the special jewel shop to clear the 1st 50 levels. Also thinking of buying the item that recharges your hearts twice as fast for a day to farm coins. The jewels are really scarce on mobile (only have 3 left after I used up 2 on the special shop) so hopefully I won't need it.

I'm using a fully leveled team of M-Mewtwo Y, Victini, Crescelia and Xerneas. I'm glad I spent all those Mega Speedups on Mewtwo as so far I've only used items on Lv. 50 (moves+5) and Lv. 100 (Att+, DD, moves +5, MS). I finished lv. 100 with 13 moves left but I always like to buy moves +5 as a bit of an extra insurance when I use the more expensive items.

Chris1

Also thinking of buying the item that recharges your hearts twice as fast for a day to farm coins. The jewels are really scarce on mobile (only have 3 left after I used up 2 on the special shop) so hopefully I won't need it.

Not sure if that's really worth it, that'd only be an 48 additional hearts per day and you're bound to miss some with sleeping etc. I think just buying unlimited hearts for an hour and power meowth'ing would be a better decision, at 1 minute 30 per game you're getting 40 "free hearts" in the hour.

Of course I haven't done any testing at all, but to on paper to me it looks like twice as fast hearts recharge is worse off here unless you absolutely can't get an hour to do nothing but shuffle.

also

Banned
Not sure if that's really worth it, that'd only be an 48 additional hearts per day and you're bound to miss some with sleeping etc. I think just buying unlimited hearts for an hour and power meowth'ing would be a better decision, at 1 minute 30 per game you're getting 40 "free hearts" in the hour.

Of course I haven't done any testing at all, but to on paper to me it looks like twice as fast hearts recharge is worse off here unless you absolutely can't get an hour to do nothing but shuffle.
I will have to time how long the Meowth stage usually takes me but one benefit of the 2x recharge rate is that you wouldn't be under pressure to play as fast as possible and would therefore be less error prone.
The 2x recharge rate also gives you 6 hearts right out of the bat and you will have 5 more hearts in the morning as the heart meter is temporarily increased to 10. That's 11 free heart already so in the end both powerups probably net you roughly the same amount of hearts and it's just a question of whether you prefer to spend them all at once or throughout the day.

CassSept

Christ, the new stages are a whole new level of frustration. I either get close to S-rank or get completely screwed by lack of combos/disruptions and barely make it with m+5. I'm raging hard :(

If beating lvl 300 keldeo escalation means using a jewel for 5 more moves I think I will. An all-in coin investment is 16600. Don't want to have to do more than one of those and jewels aren't that sacred to me having 14 at this point (3DS). worth it for two candies and to have climbed that first 300 mountain

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ugh, reached level 91 & it's gotten more annoying due to higher HP. Either gonna have to use Moves +5 or Attack Power Up. And this is with a team of Lv. 9 Mega Gardevoir with max Mega Speedups, MAX Xerneas, & lv. 8 Victini & Cresselia.

also

Banned
Lv 150 cleared. Only had to use att+, DD, MS and moves +5. I didn't want to buy C-1 and thankfully I cleared it, even had 4 moves left.

Ugh, reached level 91 & it's gotten more annoying due to higher HP. Either gonna have to use Moves +5 or Attack Power Up. And this is with a team of Lv. 9 Mega Gardevoir with max Mega Speedups, MAX Xerneas, & lv. 8 Victini & Cresselia.
I use M-Mewtwo with max speed ups and didn't have to use items. Try to make matches that clear as much wood blocks as possible and try to evolve Mewtwo asap. Once you use Mewtwo's power a couple of times on a semi-cleared board you have pretty much won.

Remember that if you mega evolve on the very first match of a turn, the disruption counter will stay the same.I don't think the game ever tells you this but it can be a life saver.

Thinking about using speedups on Mewtwo. In the 80s now and the blocks are annoying though still beatable if you get lucky. Will likely stop at 100.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Switched to Mega Mewtwo & it's going a bit better now, don't have to use Moves +5 now. Though I only have 1 Mega Speedup on him, will have to apply more now that I'm using him again.

Any suggestions for 100?

OmegaX

Any strategy for Vivillon? I'm stuck on it, now just doing special stages and going back to get S on older levels.

MegaBlaziken, Delphox/Combusken, Heatran, Charizard (prefered)/Moltres/Ninetails

For S-rank you may need Moves +5, DD, MegaStart

Source: reddit

I did it with MegaBlaziken, Combusken, Heatran, and Charizard. I got A rank with no items.

also

Banned
Switched to Mega Mewtwo & it's going a bit better now, don't have to use Moves +5 now. Though I only have 1 Mega Speedup on him, will have to apply more now that I'm using him again.

Any suggestions for 100?

I used M-Mewtwo, Victini, Crescelia and Xerneas (all maxed), and Att+, DD, MS and moves +5. Finished with 13 moves left.

c-murph

Move +5 contributes to getting an S-Rank? How does that work? If anything would hinder your chances because you go over the original number of turns?!

Move +5 contributes to getting an S-Rank? How does that work? If anything would hinder your chances because you go over the original number of turns?!

S rank is gained when you have half or more of the stage's turns remaining when you beat it. Moves +5 makes that easier because the amount you need is the same and you just get a 5-turn boost towards it at the end if you haven't spent them.

c-murph

S rank is gained when you have half or more of the stage's turns remaining when you beat it. Moves +5 makes that easier because the amount you need is the same and you just get a 5-turn boost towards it at the end if you haven't spent them.

Oh shit. So, that's how that works. That makes it so much easier now. I always thought you had to beat the stage in under a set number of moves (like 5 moves for a particular stage, etc.). Not just beat the stage in less than half the moves... So, much easier to cheat with coins now. Now I see how everyone is beating them all.

Moves+5 doesn't contribute to catch rate, only S-Rank.

Seems like whenever I spend the coins for Moves+5 on Keldeo 91+ I beat it with plenty of moves left. Heh.

When you trigger Barrier Bash with Cresselia, the break and icon fall have priority over a match you make before the break.

Azuran

Banned
Geez man, how can a filler Pokemon like Gothorita have such a hard ass stage. They really want me to spent my coins don't they? I'm using Gengar at Max, and Yveltal, Giratina, and Genesect at 8 so it's not like I'm underpowered.

c-murph

Geez man, how can a filler Pokemon like Gothorita have such a hard ass stage. They really want me to spent my coins don't they? I'm using Gengar at Max, and Yveltal, Giratina, and Genesect at 8 so it's not like I'm underpowered.

I don't know man. Even with a full max team of super effective Pokemon I can't beat some of them without spending coins. Shit is whack.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
WOAH, new 3DS content!

- Talonflame is a "high speed challenge"
- New Pokemon safari consisting of Roggenrola, Fletchling, Boldore, Fletchinder, Numel, Gigalith, & Camerupt. Says to try Water Pokemon. There's 3 Rock, 2 Ground, & 1 of Fire & Flying.

CassSept

They are considerably harder than previous Safari Pokemon too.

Ridiculous main stages, a really difficult escalation battle for a useless Pokemon and a difficult Safari with two rare Pokemon. They went overboard with last update.

None of the escalation Pokémon are "difficult" really because you would have to be exceptionally unlucky not to catch them before the stages get hard to beat. I would be amazed if a lot of people were reaching level 30 on Keldeo and still trying to catch it.

They only get tough when they become meaningless for Pokédex purposes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Uuuggghhh, that "buy # jewels, get 6 free" deal is really tempting now thanks to this latest update.....

So how's everyone splitting their time? I'm using Mega Gengar + strongest Water Pokemon.

Chris1

Uuuggghhh, that "buy # jewels, get 6 free" deal is really tempting now thanks to this latest update.....
Don't join to the dark side!

Didn't know they brought it back though, don't see any point in buying them at non sale times if it's going to be this frequent. I don't see how anyone would need them though unless they don't farm coins at all.. I'm sitting at like 17 jewels just from playing the game and I messed up a few times spending it on an extra 10 seconds or whatever by accident.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
UUUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH, 4 times in a row, about 40%+ & they all escaped. I might have to stop with Keldeo (at 130) & go back to farming Meowth. & I still need Talonflame since he escaped on my first attempt as well.

another fucking safari
SMZBljx.png

safari sucks even more than expected, awesome

what teams you guys using?

Gengar and all-water for me, not ideal but about as good as it gets I think.

Loads of easy coins in the Fletchinder stage but it is a really annoying stage to play. Just got the two rare ones to get now.

Safari is easy for me so far.. MBlastoise, Swampert, Greninja, Palkia

It's not difficult, there's not much danger of losing, but previous 3-Pokémon safaris had fights that would be over in one or two turns. Here most go towards ten. It's just pointless wasted time.

CassSept

None of the escalation Pokémon are "difficult" really because you would have to be exceptionally unlucky not to catch them before the stages get hard to beat. I would be amazed if a lot of people were reaching level 30 on Keldeo and still trying to catch it.

They only get tough when they become meaningless for Pokédex purposes.

I know that, but Keldeo just gets way harder way sooner than the previous EBs.

also

Banned
Lv. 250 cleared but now I'm basically broke.

I need to farm 44k in 4 days; stages 296-299 require Att+ (and M+5 to be safe), and the last stage needs all the items... and a bit of luck. I finished stage 250 with 12 moves left (9 moves used) and that was 40k hp. Stage 300 has 63,8k so I should be fine but stage 200 and its 37,4k HP took me 11 moves. Worst case scenario I will have to use a jewel.

If get 10k from weekend Meowth, that leaves 34k, so 8,5k per day... seems doable. But then I will be broke again and will only have 1 week for the Safari, Arceus and Talonflame.

I'm using Gengar and all Water. Agree that the stages aren't hard but they're annoying. So far with bad RNG I've only caught Boldore so far (base power 50, hahaha).

At least I beat Keldeo 100. Used Attack Power, Moves+5, and Disruption Delay.

SaintRidley

Neo Member
Caught everything in the Safari minus Fletchinder in 30 hearts, so I'll spend the rest of the week on Keldeo before I return for the fire bird.

Despite the annoying layouts, extra forced support, and minimal ability to combo, the safari mons have fairly reasonable catch rates to balance it out. So there is that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Only got Fletchling, Fletchinder, & Roggenrola at the moment, and barely seen the others, let alone Camerupt. Really sucks when a new event happens & you basically have no coins....

Top Bottom