• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Elija2

Anyone got any tips for the EX stages? Should I be trying to set up combos or should I just match whatever I can as quickly as possible? That timer really makes me panic.

Kouriozan

Only got 900 coins in today's Meowth stage :(
Anyway, only 3 Pokémons left in the normal stages, scared to do EX stages, caught 3/4 Pokémons there but it get super hard, super fast.
My stats so far :

Pws2Yel.jpg

Only got 900 coins in today's Meowth stage :(
Anyway, only 3 Pokémons left in the normal stages, scared to do EX stages, caught 3/4 Pokémons there but it get super hard, super fast.
My stats so far :

Pws2Yel.jpg

Did you have to spend a lot of Euros on great balls for that? That's a pretty high capture rate.

Kouriozan

Did you have to spend a lot of Euros on great balls for that? That's a pretty high capture rate.
Nope, no money spent, I kept playing every 3/4 hours, I think I used 14 Great Ball.
Also, farming money doing Mew stage every days.
As you can see, I still have the 12 jewels the game give you for beating Megas.

Nope, no money spent, I kept playing every 3/4 hours, I think I used 14 Great Ball.
Also, farming money doing Mew stage every days.
As you can see, I still have the 12 jewels the game give you for beating Megas.

Ah, I misread the stats. I thought stages cleared would just count five if you beat stage one five times, but it literally means how far you are through the map. It looked like you'd caught 144 pokemon in 155 battles! I guess you must have replayed a bunch, in reality.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
3 tries to catch Charizard. Now to pump him a little and take Mega Mawile down.

E: EX stages are pretty easy if you just stay calm. I was getting 15+ combos by just going slow and steady. Also helps to make sure you have 4 very distinct pokemon. I made the mistake of taking Slowbro and Slowpoke once. Ha.

Ladekabel

Tried the EX stages for the first after I failed miserably on release.

Got Absol on my first try, screw Rotom and definitly screw Lucario.

Waisted 4 Hearts and one Great Ball on Lucario and it just doesn't want to be caught. Will try again in 2,5 hours. I'm gonna get it!

Finding it pretty tough to catch Pokemon on the EX stages. Finally caught Absol, but the others have all given me a big ol' laugh in the face.

Still, enjoying the heck out of it. Makes for a good quick break between Ocarina of Time sessions.

zroid

Banned
Caught Entei muthafuckas!!

that advice above to use Pokémon that look distinct from one another was invaluable :lol

mrmickfran

Just to be clear, I'm talking about (eshop available) Battle Trozei, not the original NDS Trozei.

The original was also a "Panic" puzzle game, but the mechanics are completely different. It worked more like a combination lock puzzle where you had to line up 4 in a row.

My quest to go on the eShop and download Pokémon Battle Trozei begins now.

Robin64

I swear Chansey has something against me. Just wasted my 5 hearts trying to catch it, with 70% each time which is the best you can get because that takes ONE move. Escaped every single time.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bah, Mega Gengar was soooo close to being beaten after using a jewel...only to be about 1 move short & losing....

Guess I'll level up my team & earn more coins for Mega Start & Distortion Delay.

I swear Chansey has something against me. Just wasted my 5 hearts trying to catch it, with 70% each time which is the best you can get because that takes ONE move. Escaped every single time.

I just got to this stage. Beat it in one move, 70% chance of capture.

Caught it first time!

Why didn't you just use a great ball?

Boogiepop

So wait, you have to get an S rank on EVERY normal stage to unlock the last EX stage? That's just plain cruel. I guess I'll just keep on catching as many pokemon as I can, but the thought of trying to grind out an S rank on some of those Mega pokemon is frightening.

zroid

Banned
My strategy for every Pokémon with a weakness to psychic types is Slowbro+Meowstic♀+Meowstic♂+Espeon

avoid matching any of the Slowbros until the mega meter is full, then make a Mega Slowbro match and sit back and watch the 20+ chain unfold. :p

Xemnas89

Mega Mawile doesn't play around. I've been stuck on this guy for days and still don't seem to get any closer to beating him. Pretty sure when I'm on my death bed I'll still be trying to take this guy down.

Kilvin

The new Meowth stage is real nice, managed to get 3600 coins. I know I could have done better, will have to try again tomorrow.

Since I had the extra coins I decided to go for the final stage, managed to beat it with 9 turns left (used the +5 turns powerup).

Wow, teach me your ways master. I top out at 800 :/

zroid

Banned
Mega Mawile doesn't play around. I've been stuck on this guy for days and still don't seem to get any closer to beating him. Pretty sure when I'm on my death bed I'll still be trying to take this guy down.

This is the party I used yesterday

zlCfzTDmAPAQuFl-pF

If you don't have Charizard and Lucario you can probably manage, but I think Kangaskhan is the key. It takes a bit of luck for the Mega Kangaskhan icons to be in the right spots to remove the frozen icons but it shouldn't be too hard.

Xemnas89

This is the party I used yesterday

zlCfzTDmAPAQuFl-pF

If you don't have Charizard and Lucario you can probably manage, but I think Kangaskhan is the key. It takes a bit of luck for the Mega Kangaskhan icons to be in the right spots to remove the frozen icons but it shouldn't be too hard.

Are Charizard and Lucario in the EX stages? I haven't even attempted any of those yet so maybe I should focus on some of those before trying mawile again.

zroid

Banned
Are Charizard and Lucario in the EX stages? I haven't even attempted any of those yet so maybe I should focus on some of those before trying mawile again.

Yeah Lucario is like the 3rd one I think. It's a pain to catch but there's a dearth of fighting types to catch in the first 90 main stages so it's really useful. Base attack is 70.

FINALLY. Defeated Mega Glalie. Had to use Mega Start & Distortion Delay, then the jewel I got for streetpassing with someone.

...now to go back & actually capture Glalie.

Used the same power-ups as you and finally defeated Mega Glalie! Got a B, but finally!

Mega Mawile is such a huge help in this.

TrickRoom

It's funny how my Battle Trozei experience doesn't carry over to any of the EX stages.

But I do find that if I "warm up" by playing Battle Trozei a few times before attempting an EX, I usually do better.

RagnarokX

zlCfzTD652QhKO2b4w

Finally!

No boosters. 12 seconds left on the clock.

Maybe if I can catch moltres I can use it, charizard, and ninetails to take down mega glalie...

Mr-Joker

Banned
I am just S ranking just so I can get Charizard to appear.

Also strangely I like using Mega Pokémon more in this game than in the main series where I actively chose to avoid them.

lewisgone

Mega Mewtwo Y is just a nightmare. I'm not even going to think about it and just go back and catch/S rank everything else first while I save up some coins for a full on assault. Still enjoying the game, but I wish there was a way to pay a reasonable amount of money to remove the heart limitation.

Gengar is giving me the most trouble right now, but his Mega would be really useful for Mewtwo so I'm sticking with it. The EX stages are really hit and miss with me, I keep failing them but earlier I beat Charizard with 30 seconds left and caught it no problem.

Mr-Joker

Banned
After spending two jewels just to catch Lucario only for it to fail.... yeah I am done with this stupid game.

I will just buy Pokémon Link save myself from this free to play headache

What is this game? I'm surprised to keep seeing this thread bumped. Is this game good?

It's fun but really limiting since game really wants you to spend real money.

Top Bottom