• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

zroid

Banned
Have you cleared it since you posted? From memory, I think I used the two other 'mon which match the ones in the grid and that helped do some dramatic clearing.

It's super-annoying that the F2P mechanic forces me to lose a heart even if I just want to look at the playfield to refresh my memory. I think F2P without an unlock option needs to die in a fire. An unlock option is the only way this game will get any money from me.

Yeah I cleared it on my 4th try (then caught it on my 5th).

I was annoyed because the 1st attempt was a total wash since I didn't know what I was getting into. Then the 2nd attempt I used a strategy that didn't work. 3rd attempt I used the right strategy but effed it up. 4th attempt finally worked. :lol

Alec

Pretty bummed that the browser hack to make everything $0 doesn't work on N3DS. I really want an option to pay to unlock everything. :-\

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
My first move on that stage.

HsMSOHr.jpg

Geez.

TrickRoom

I have unashamedly forked my cash over for the 12-gems-80-hearts pack.

For one because it's about the regular price I'd pay for this game.

And for two because I want to see how far it takes me.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Sure Axew break out of the 57% Pokéball but stay in the 32% Pokéball, freaking RNG.<(¬_¬)>

Also guys I have a question to Axew you.

If I spend my 3 jewels to buy 18 hearts and if I use them up do they recharge or does it just charge up to 5?

MicH

Sure Axew break out of the 57% Pokéball but stay in the 32% Pokéball, freaking RNG.<(¬_¬)>

Also guys I have a question to Axew you.

If I spend my 3 jewels to buy 18 hearts and if I use them up do they recharge or does it just charge up to 5?
They stop recharging at 5

Do hearts stop charging if you buy some with gems? For example, if I bought 80 hearts with 12 gems, would I have to use all 80 before the game starts to charge 5 hearts?

Do hearts stop charging if you buy some with gems? For example, if I bought 80 hearts with 12 gems, would I have to use all 80 before the game starts to charge 5 hearts?

Yeah, they won't start charging again until you reach 4 hearts.

Wasted a total of 7000 coins in the past two days trying to defeat Mega Fuckerlie yay!

Robin64

Just got my first StreetPass in, like, a week.

"It's been a while since you last passed someone, here are 2 hearts to celebrate!"

Not exactly what it says, but I forget. Sadly it took me from 1 heart to 3 hearts. I should've checked in later, heh.

Woo, beat the last stage.

Missing 50 Pokemon though and barely touched the Expert stages.

I want
Articuno and Suicune
, but their stages are tough. Beat the former one a few times, but couldn't catch it even with a Great Ball : (

zlCfzTEOfHo16Zrmrs

Another one of those elusive catches but I'll take your 1/10 Pokemon Shuffle! I'll take it!

Still need to S Rank it though but I might come back to it seeing as having a full electric type team with Mega Ampharos could make the difference.

Oxx

I've only streetpassed one person so far (but I have been playing for just two days).

Do you get rewards for passing people?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I've only streetpassed one person so far (but I have been playing for just two days).

Do you get rewards for passing people?

Yeah, typically hearts. My coworker plays, so I streetpass 5 times a week. I also have am extra 3DS that I may install this on for even more spasses.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Best strategies for Gengar and Mega Gengar? Currently my roadblocks.

Goddamn, this game. I would applaud it for the difficulty if the only way to inject some reliability in a land where RNGesus rules didn't also involve the F2P system which also infiltrates the regular currency.

Seems like there's no way to build Mega fast enough so you pretty much have to use a Mega start =|

Pretty bummed that the browser hack to make everything $0 doesn't work on N3DS. I really want an option to pay to unlock everything. :-\
It makes everything in the gem shop cost 0 gems; not make the gem shop cost $0. Same result but an important technical difference all the same. It is like the difference between pouring a cup of tea for yourself vs. stealing a cup of tea.

Wait what?
Eurogamer wrote a sort of article on it:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-02-25-3ds-exploit-bypasses-pokemon-shuffle-microtransactions

daripad

Ok, I'm getting angry. Any advice to beat Mega Mawile? I have Lucario, Charmeleon, Combusken and Sableye on my team.

zroid

Banned
Hahaha caught Dragonite on my first attempt with 13% catch rate. Eat shit, RNG.

Ok, I'm getting angry. Any advice to beat Mega Mawile? I have Lucario, Charmeleon, Combusken and Sableye on my team.

Try Mega Kangaskhan. Use the random Eevees to help you get to mega faster.

BooJoh

Just got my first StreetPass in, like, a week.

"It's been a while since you last passed someone, here are 2 hearts to celebrate!"

Not exactly what it says, but I forget. Sadly it took me from 1 heart to 3 hearts. I should've checked in later, heh.
It's actually better if your bonus hearts don't take you to or above 5 because as long as you're below 5 the counter keeps going. As an example, I had 4 hearts and was about 3 minutes away form getting it bumped back to 5 when I got a StreetPass which gave me a heart, so the timer stopped and when I started a stage the timer was back to 30 minutes. I basically got 3 minutes from that StreetPass instead of 30 minutes.

It makes everything in the gem shop cost 0 gems; not make the gem shop cost $0. Same result but an important technical difference all the same. It is like the difference between pouring a cup of tea for yourself vs. stealing a cup of tea.
That's some hardcore rationalization you're doing there to justify piracy.

Going with your tea analogy, getting jewels for free would be like stealing teabags. Getting coins or hearts for free is like stealing tea. But it's still a bad analogy.

Either way you're benefiting from the premiums reserved for paying customers without being a paying customer. I think this kind of f2p model is underhanded and exploitative, but two wrongs don't make a right.

TrickRoom

Ice Blocks have to be the most dangerous things in this game. If the enemy manages to put one up at the top, you've pretty much got an entire column shut down.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Sweeeeeet, the game is being nice to me for once, I managed to S rank Charmeleon and catch it in one go.

The game must have known that I love the Charmander line.

Dénouement;154164032 said:
Yeah, they won't start charging again until you reach 4 hearts.

Urgh laame, meh I will just waste the Jewels I am never going to spend it anyway.

Chopper

I cashed in 12 gems for 48,000 coins. So I'm currently sitting at 62,220 in total. I noticed that now, in the shop, the last option is blanked out...

0j6eWZq.jpg

Is this because you can't have more than... 100,000 coins? Limit seems arbitrary.

My current stats:

tFUjOhN.jpg

20 hours?! FML.

SalvaPot

I have the 12 in-game jewels, I was wondering if its a good idea to buy 6 jewels worth of hearts and 6 jewels worth of coins.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Ah, yeah. Hearts. My bad.

How so? Coins will actuallty help you proceed if you're stuck, whereas hearts are free and don't guarentee progress

RNG trolling means you can basically drink those coins. 5+ tries on a stage is better odds in my book.

Chopper

RNG trolling means you can basically drink those coins. 5+ tries on a stage is better odds in my book.
That's fine assuming you can complete the stage in the first place. I'm well equipped for the EX stages. Also, I have no problem waiting for my 5+ tries. Gimme dem coins!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
That's fine assuming you can complete the stage in the first place. I'm well equipped for the EX stages. Also, I have no problem waiting for my 5+ tries. Gimme dem coins!

Yeah, I think it's just how we each play. I only spend coins on the XP boost, and at 300 coins, I can make due. :) I prefer binge playing, so the bucket of hearts is my kind of option!

Man, Stage 59 (
Ivysaur
) is some kind of bullshit. The thing has a 7% base capture rate and you only get three moves, none of which I seem to be able to use effectively enough to have any moves left over or score anywhere above a B.

adroit

It's sad that the vast majority of the 'mon you catch in this game will never be anything more than trophies (cheevos, if you prefer). My Little Cheevos. Let Me Show You Them.

Top Bottom