• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

adroit

Stage 114: Glaceon

Is everyone else just cruising through this capture without using any items? This is the first normal stage to really drive me insane. I'm trying not to use items on non-trainer stages.

If I ignore the ice blocks, I eventually end up with an empty playfield.

If I clear the ice blocks, I have to make too many sub-optimal matches and end up either exhausting my turns or getting low catchability.

I've tried using both Mega Mawile ("super effective") and Mega Audino. Mega Audino doesn't do enough damage even though it's good for getting rid of ice blocks IF I'm lucky enough to have an available match near the ice blocks.

Is there a "trick" or something obvious I'm overlooking about this stage? Or do I have to give up and use items?

Thanks. Sorry for whining. 8D

UPDATE: Switching to a team of Mega Mawile, Charmeleon, Torchic, and Combusken worked way better than the "optimized" team. I stopped failing to clear the stage and eventually S-ranked it and caught Glaceon.

Dreavus

I feel like I've had an inordinate amount of successes with garbage percentages in this game. Still missing a lot of catches but I've been surprised several times.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Regarding the whole is editing the memory piracy. We had this on thread regarding Candy Crush a while ago:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=724435
Quite interesting how different the responses are here. Maybe that is more to do with how Candy Crush is particularly disliked making responses biased.

I feel like local memory hacks that aren't spoofing servers cannot be piracy.

It's even less of an issue if the hacks can't be used to affect other players.

zroid

Banned
ok the RNG for Miltank has to be fucked

I just failed to capture it at 92%... and then on my next attempt failed at 94%...

tolkir

ok the RNG for Miltank has to be fucked

I just failed to capture it at 92%... and then on my next attempt failed at 94%...

Keep milking

professsor-milk.gif

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Always fun to see RNG rage.

The R stands for random.

Aon

Apologies if it's been covered, but is there any way to disable that hint feature where it highlights blocks you could match?

Because I'm a crazy person it's really off-putting to me.

Stage 114: Glaceon

Is everyone else just cruising through this capture without using any items? This is the first normal stage to really drive me insane. I'm trying not to use items on non-trainer stages.

If I ignore the ice blocks, I eventually end up with an empty playfield.

If I clear the ice blocks, I have to make too many sub-optimal matches and end up either exhausting my turns or getting low catchability.

I've tried using both Mega Mawile ("super effective") and Mega Audino. Mega Audino doesn't do enough damage even though it's good for getting rid of ice blocks IF I'm lucky enough to have an available match near the ice blocks.

Is there a "trick" or something obvious I'm overlooking about this stage? Or do I have to give up and use items?

Thanks. Sorry for whining. 8D

UPDATE: Switching to a team of Mega Mawile, Charmeleon, Torchic, and Combusken worked way better than the "optimized" team. I stopped failing to clear the stage and eventually S-ranked it and caught Glaceon.

I went back to fight Glaceon in order to train for Mega Glalie and yeah I forgot how hard it was, too. The Ice pokemon in general, at least the ones that are spam heavy with that annoying ~freeze a bunch of pokemon~ move, are pretty difficult with Mega Glalie being the king. -___-

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
FINALLY. Defeated Mega Glalie. Had to use Mega Start & Distortion Delay, then the jewel I got for streetpassing with someone.

...now to go back & actually capture Glalie.

adroit

Dénouement;153820430 said:
I went back to fight Glaceon in order to train for Mega Glalie and yeah I forgot how hard it was, too.

Thank you! Sorry for writing that novel. I was...frustrated.

Dénouement;153821378 said:
bye i give up on mega glalie this game is a piece of shit

This game. It owns your soul now. You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave.

adroit

Apologies if it's been covered, but is there any way to disable that hint feature where it highlights blocks you could match?
Nope. The closest thing is holding the stylus down on the grid (which is annoying too). They need to add an option to turn the hint off. People don't need training wheels after the first few stages they clear (and then only if they've never played a match-3 game before).

daydream

Banned

Because I'm a crazy person it's really off-putting to me.

The hints are completely useless, anyway.

Like, gee thanks, I can match three blocks? Great, that's great.

Anyway, I'll be over here comboing it up, if you don't mind, game.

N4Us

I swear to god I can't catch Cubone no matter how many times I've retried.

I got him to 70-80% a couple times and he just pops back out.

TrickRoom

Started up a game of my own today. So far, it's what I expected, having played the previous Trozei games... I managed to KO Eevee in one turn, too bad it was a tutorial level and I'll never know if I would've caught it naturally.

zroid

Banned
I am struggling a lot more to get S ranks now... can still get As without too much trouble though. Ugh, inching ever closer to Mega Mawile...

JoeM86

The final of the first wave of Daily Events is live. We'll have a repeat over the next three weeks which I won't post about.

Boba2007

Stuck at Mega Gengar and out of coins... any tips?

I didn't have enough coins for both disrupt and +5 turns, so I only went with disrupt and ended up losing with barely any health left :(

Tried catching Zoroark to see if that would help, but I can't even manage to beat that stage again so I don't think it'll happen.

Edit: For reference, I've been using Lv.6 Sableye, Lv.3 Misdreavus, Lv.2 Haunter, and Lv.2 Liepard for Mega Gengar. Also tried Lv.1 Chandelure a bit.

Edit2: Got enough coins for disrupt and +5 from checking in and beating Mew again, so I should be able to beat it this time... once my hearts recover. My mons leveled up a bit too.

Robin64

Took three tries to get Fan Rotom with decent percentages, then I went and caught standard Rotom from the EX stages with just 11%. Heh. Got them all now though! Aw yiss.

tolkir

Stuck at Mega Gengar and out of coins... any tips?

I didn't have enough coins for both disrupt and +5 turns, so I only went with disrupt and ended up losing with barely any health left :(

Tried catching Zoroark to see if that would help, but I can't even manage to beat that stage again so I don't think it'll happen.

Edit: For reference, I've been using Lv.6 Sableye, Lv.3 Misdreavus, Lv.2 Haunter, and Lv.2 Liepard for Mega Gengar. Also tried Lv.1 Chandelure a bit.

Edit2: Got enough coins for disrupt and +5 from checking in and beating Mew again, so I should be able to beat it this time... once my hearts recover. My mons leveled up a bit too.

I just beat Mega Gengar with disrupt and +5 turns without problems.
My team was, even, worse than yours. So, that's the key.

Elija2

Mega Mewtwo Y is really tough. Spent my coins on +5 moves and disruption delay and still couldn't beat him. I'm running out of coins too.

I guess for now I'll just go back and try to catch the Pokemon I missed.

Still having a good time with this game. Have 68 Pokemon caught out of 70 cleared levels. Trying not to go too far ahead without catching everything, but I had to leave Ivysaur behind. For whatever reason, I can't catch that slippery bastard.

Also have yet to try any of the Expert levels, but I'd love to catch some of those Pokemon! And don't forget, everyone. You get 1,000 coins every day for beating Mew!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Grovyle is such a difficulty spike when it comes to catching them. You are at the mercy of 7-20% catch rate no matter how your cards fall, but usually 7%.

ZeroX03

Banned
Over 100 stages beaten, no money spent. I've spent more time playing this than MH4U and MM3D according to play log.

You know it feels really strange when a low catch rate seems to end up with success more often than semi-high ones. Maybe it's just statistical "fun".

Qurupeke

I just hope they won't add new pokemon for at least a month. Please let me reach the end before you have over 300 of them...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I just hope they won't add new pokemon for at least a month. Please let me reach the end before you have over 300 of them...

Yeah, I've got a LOT of work to do still.

Actually, they can add more Pokemon, but fix the F2P stuff and I'll be fine. :3

I guess I missed the explanation or I don't remember it....

How do you destroy the grey blocks? I just see them vanish basically at random.....

Loptous

Beat Mewtwo Y
Used bonuses on my second run against it because I knew I wouldn't be able to beat it otherwise.

Current stats :
13:06
158 stages cleared
142 mons caught

How many EX stages are there?
I think I've unlocked 18 so far...

Top Bottom