• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Xemnas89

Well lucario was easy enough to get but charizard is causing problems. I think I'm just not moving fast enough because I'm not used to it yet. He will be mine in time though.

TrickRoom

It looks like if you have a choice between a horizontal and a vertical match, it's better to take the vertical match. Whatever fills in can still match on the way down.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm just hallucinating.

Boba2007

Why is Dedenne's catch rate such crap? The highest I've been able to get it is 31% and it never catches, I've been trying for hours.

Edit: and there goes 4 more hearths...

zroid

Banned
I used a Great Ball on Throh because I had a pretty lucky run and didn't want to waste the 70% or whatever catch rate I got. The Great Ball raised it to 100%.

RagnarokX

I used a Great Ball on Throh because I had a pretty lucky run and didn't want to waste the 70% or whatever catch rate I got. The Great Ball raised it to 100%.

The great ball doubles the catch rate. Throh is easy to catch. You wasted 2500 coins:(

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm grinding old stages with my Mega Mawile team to level them. It's slow and a bit boring, but I guess I'll have a beefy team by the time I'm done.

Anyone have any Pokémon above level 6?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm close to having a Level 7 Sableye, plus have a lv. 5 Absol, lv. 4 Chandelure & Haunter that should hopefully make me better prepared for Mega Gengar, along with +5 moves, mega start, & distortion delay.

SalvaPot

I was so damn close on beating mega gengar with disruption and +5, but it just wasn't enough, damn. Also I keep forgetting what his ability is so everytime I grind and go back I forgot, haha.

zroid

Banned
The combo that wouldn't end

zlCfzTEAQqMvJNnnYL

zlCfzTEARYYnt_TB65

I'm enjoying this game more than I expected to. I agree with others in this thread though, I would have preferred a low price point for infinite hearts over the recharge timer. At least it's easier to make myself study in between with the long recharges, if nothing else.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Finally cleared Mega Mawile (no powerups because no). What I discovered about that stage is that it's 100% luck. If you don't manage skyfalls, I'm pretty sure you can't win. Raw basic matches simply can't do it.

Draxal

Finally cleared Mega Mawile (no powerups because no). What I discovered about that stage is that it's 100% luck. If you don't manage skyfalls, I'm pretty sure you can't win. Raw basic matches simply can't do it.

Its why I considers heart to be the better buy than coins. Coins will do you nothing when the RNG fails you.

Draxal

Beat mega mawile on my first try without using anything. Got lucky with a pretty big combo on my second move.

Sometimes pure luck matters more than anything else.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
PHEW, glad I got the +5 moves with the Mega Start & Distortion Delay. Needed the extra move to finally defeat Mega Gengar.

.....but now I gotta go back & actually capture Gengar now.

I wonder what I'll do with this?

Seriously though, this was a hard catch and I got lucky the stage played itself. I got a 1% tease during the hunt that would've been great to see.

Also I caught Liepard earlier and that took way too long and I still have to go back to S Rank it. Fun.

adroit

I want Zoroark's head on a spike. It's always a gamble whether I'll clear the level and then the catch rate when I do is abysmal. And another heart goes down the drain. My heart.

gerudoman

I... I did it. I beat Mega Glalie in my third try without spending a single coin. I did have to use a gem for +5 moves, if I knew I would be any close to defeat him I would have bought the extra moves powerup.

I have to admit I was extremely lucky, near the end the screen was so full of frozen Pokémon that the game had to reset it, and by that time I had already mega evolved Mawile so I only had to go full berserk. So yeah, if you play bad enough you will be rewarded lol.

Kouriozan

Sitting at 149 Pokémons caught, I guess I'll just play twice per day from now on.
I can see an update after the Mew event is done.

Loptous

Finished catching everything in Normal Mode

I'm tackling EX mode now and screw Blaziken.
Entei also already scares me.

I beat it too (no powerups, because no) and while the entire game has an element of luck, I don't think this requires any more than any other battle. The key was taking in the right Mega Evolution. I was taking in the only one I had which wasn't weak against Mawile, but that wasn't what I should have been doing. I should have been taking in the one which is most effective at getting rid of its interruptions, regardless of raw attack power. I played it once with Audino instead of Sableye, and Mawile went down with moves to spare. Also helps that Audino evolves in only a couple of matches where Sableye takes ages.

Boba2007

Gave up on Dedenne and moved on to collect the ones after. Just got Glaceon with 5%! Only 4 left until I have to catch Gengar... not looking forward to it.

And unfortunately I had pretty bad luck with the Meowth stage this time around, only got 1800 coins :(

Screw this candy-ass game

I can't believe I actually took this to work on Friday and hid play sessions from my boss just so I could maximize my lives for the day

I also randomly woke up at 4am this morning. "Welp better spend all of my lives instead of immediately falling back asleep so that way when I wake up in a few hours I can do it all again"

This game is so painfully mediocre, but I love Pokemon too much and can't stop catching them all. Pls help :(

Robin64

Got a 59er. My personal highest. Mega Mawile's clear is just godly.

zlCfzTEJtJEWDQCZI3

Edit: And it was still only a rank A!

Mr-Joker

Banned

I can't believe I actually took this to work on Friday and hid play sessions from my boss just so I could maximize my lives for the day

I also randomly woke up at 4am this morning. "Welp better spend all of my lives instead of immediately falling back asleep so that way when I wake up in a few hours I can do it all again"

This game is so painfully mediocre, but I love Pokemon too much and can't stop catching them all. Pls help :(

I know that feeling, yesterday I swore off on this game yet I am still playing it. <(-_-;)>

gerudoman

Haha, I feel you mate. The very first thing I do after waking up is playing at least two rounds to get those hearts recharged earlier.

oti

Banned
I'm at around 120 now and I think I'm done with this game. Spend 15h with it (some of them were my friend playing). Now it's just too difficult and not fun anymore. I'm not sad though. Didn't pay a single Cent and really liked it for a week. I can move on now.

Boogiepop

Gah, Blaziken is nuts! A number of EX stages have been hard to catch, but this is the first one where I just plain can't beat it (Caught everything through Swampert in the EXs except Blaziken now).

zroid

Banned
Gah, Blaziken is nuts! A number of EX stages have been hard to catch, but this is the first one where I just plain can't beat it (Caught everything through Swampert in the EXs except Blaziken now).

I should try to get Swampert. I went for Blaziken first because I wanted a fire type, and it feels like a fool's errand. Turned out Entei is a lot easier to catch than Blaziken anyway.

adroit

I always hated Raichu

Now I REALLY hate Raichu
Have you cleared it since you posted? From memory, I think I used the two other 'mon which match the ones in the grid and that helped do some dramatic clearing.

It's super-annoying that the F2P mechanic forces me to lose a heart even if I just want to look at the playfield to refresh my memory. I think F2P without an unlock option needs to die in a fire. An unlock option is the only way this game will get any money from me.

Top Bottom