• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
At least Camerupt is more or less a guaranteed catch with a great ball if you don't completely fuck it up. 7 turns left gave me 52% base.
Edit: same with Gigalith, 6 left, 55%.

Ondore

Safari day 1: Caught Fletchling/Fletchinder/Boldore/Gigalith. Beat the Numels but didn't catch it (not using Great Balls). Didn't even see Gigalith or Camerupt.

This is gonna be a long 15 days.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Finally, got Gigalith, finishing the safari up. Now I need to deal with getting coins for Talonflame & a S-rank on the final new stage for the new EX stage.

CassSept

Finally, got Gigalith, finishing the safari up. Now I need to deal with getting coins for Talonflame & a S-rank on the final new stage for the new EX stage.

Talonflame is easier than you would expect, it's easily doable itemless with a decently leveled team.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Eeeh, sort of, if I get lucky. I used Lv. 8 Mega Garchomp (6/10 Mega Speedups), Lv. 8 Tyranitar, Lv. 8 Palkia, & Lv. 7 Landorus, and either I barely passed with only 2 seconds or needed a few more matches but failed.

daydream

Banned
yeah, it's easy to beat talonflame without items but you'll have <5 seconds on the clock every time which means you'll have a terrible catch rate which in turn will cost you time

i chose to spend pocket change (attack up + DD) to get it over with and moved on to the safari

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
First attempt, I used all regular stuff, which made it last not even 10 seconds, but then missed the catch & didn't have enough for a great ball. Probably will farm enough to get those + enough for a great ball just in case. Plus I have new Pokemon to level up while I farm for coins as well.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Phew, got Talonflame with a great ball. Now I can go back to grinding for coins & Keldeo, along with leveling up some of the new base 70 Pokemon.

Loptous

Found Gigalith and failed to catch it at 70+%
I decided against using a super ball for reasons.

I've made a grave mistake, haven't I?

Machine

I still haven't seen Gigalith. I want this over so I can go back to working on my last few S-ranks and get Malamar. I was done with Keldeo after 100.

Azuran

Banned
I haven't seen Camerupt at all. I can tell I'm going to be stuck doing this terrible safari for the full 2 weeks at this rate.

Ondore

I'm now at 110 attempts without either Gigalith or Camerupt. Law of averages states I should have at least SEEN one of them by now. #mrgrgr

W-00

Finally got Camerupt, so I'm done with this safari. Got so many Fletchlings along the way that I finally started just quitting the match when they showed up.

Also, for someone who has yet to beat Mega Mewtwo Y, what's the best pokemon to use your first mega speedup on?

Azuran

Banned
Finally got Camerupt, so I'm done with this safari. Got so many Fletchlings along the way that I finally started just quitting the match when they showed up.

Also, for someone who has yet to beat Mega Mewtwo Y, what's the best pokemon to use your first mega speedup on?

Mega Gengar. No reason not to make the best even better.

Azuran

Banned
I finally caught Camerupt but of course he had to have the last laugh by forcing me to use a Great Ball with a 60%+ catch rate.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*reads tips on Deoxys*

Oh, so DD & C-1 are good enough! Says I don't need Moves +5!

*ONE MOVE SHORT OF GETTING S-RANK*

WHY DIDN'T I JUST GIVE IN & GET MOVES +5 UUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

At least I actually caught Deoxys at 31% but still means I gotta grind for coins & beat the stage AGAIN just to unlock EX32.

Edit: Crap, & his ability is Swap+, so I shouldn't use him on Meowth because there's a good chance he'll just get rid of all the coins.

c-murph

*reads tips on Deoxys*

Oh, so DD & C-1 are good enough! Says I don't need Moves +5!

*ONE MOVE SHORT OF GETTING S-RANK*

WHY DIDN'T I JUST GIVE IN & GET MOVES +5 UUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

At least I actually caught Deoxys at 31% but still means I gotta grind for coins & beat the stage AGAIN just to unlock EX32.

Edit: Crap, & his ability is Swap+, so I shouldn't use him on Meowth because there's a good chance he'll just get rid of all the coins.

Insurance brah. The more you spend the easier it is.

Ondore

Got Gigalith on heart 135. Spent the proceeds from the prior 134 hearts to Great Ball the MFer at 55%.

Still no Camerupt. Now at 145 hearts.

Azuran

Banned
Fuck Gothorita. I'm done with that stage for now. I'm just going to grind some fighting-types on Snorlax for the next few days to get ready for Arceus.

also

Banned
Beat Keldeo lv. 300! It's finally over, phew.
For stages 296-299 I only used moves+5 and didn't need att+. I failed twice but still only spent 6k to clear all 4 stages which is what I would have spent on just 1 stage if I went with my original plan of using moves+5 and att+.
For stage 300 I bought everything and got lucky with the skyfall so I finished with 6 moves left.

Now I'm broke again and need to farm coins. I really hope Monday's update is nothing substantial because I have a huge backlog; haven't even cleared, let alone caught or S-ranked all the Pokemon in the new main stages.

EDIT: I now have 15 mega speedups. Should I use 10 of those on Garchomp? That would help with Ampharos grinding and the current Safari. Any suggestions?

Loptous

Only Camerupt left.

I'm not even playing those stages anymore lol
Quitting as soon as I realize it's not the one I want.

I'm still playing the stages as I look for Camerupt.

30 coins is 30 coins, the amount of goes I've had so far that shit's adding up. Easy EXP too. May as well not waste the hearts.

Ondore

And lo, on heart 181 I get Camerupt. Clean catch at 56%. And I am DONE with that Safari.

Now back to the Meowth grind, because I went and got me a Cobalion and unlocked Bisharp. (Any tips for S-ranking MHeracross?)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Welp, THIS time I didn't need the Moves +5 to S-rank Deoxys, but was able to capture Malamar or whoever EX32 is via brute forcing 4 attempts & getting around 17%. Now back to coin grinding & leveling up some new Pokemon.

Chris1

Camerupt can fuck off, I'm starting to think I'm gonna miss him. Ever other safari I've finished by Wednesday night, it's going on Saturday and he's nowhere to be found.

Loptous

Better to clear it in one minute than ten.
Exactly.

I'm still playing the stages as I look for Camerupt.

30 coins is 30 coins, the amount of goes I've had so far that shit's adding up. Easy EXP too. May as well not waste the hearts.
I have enough exp and coins as it is. :p
And I'd rather put that time into other games.

Anyway, done with Safari. I only need Talonflame to stay inside the ball, and then I can go back to the main stages.

Top Bottom