• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

JoeM86

According to Serebii, crowd control has a 100% activation rate when you match 4. Power of 4+ only has an 80% activation rate. However, I think that must be for 3ds only because I've had crowd control fail to activate on mobile when I've matched 4. One more reason to dislike the mobile version.

I'll double check. It may have changed since I made that page

I usually bring a Fighting Pokemon on regular Meowth in case I need a last-move spike. Conkledurr works well with Last-Ditch Effort. Right now it's Medicham since I want to level it.

Sometimes if the other 3 are too strong I'll bring a Ghost as well (Banette/Dusknoir).

For Mega Swampert, I got a much better score with Ampharos than Gengar, but that's an itemless run. With C-1 it may be better to use Gengar.

I've frequently had it fail to trigger on mobile while doing the current safari. Maybe the safari is glitched in some way?

I think it varies by stage too. The percentage is tweaked were it's convenient for the puzzle. Mega Heracross stands out in recent memory, Hitting Streak was the only ability that consistently triggered for me on that stage.

Ahnez

Strange things happen with this game lol

Yesterday, Miltank escaped from a 94% capture, and Togetic defeated itself before I could even input my first move

Also just a fun thing, what's the highest score you guys have gotten on 37 Meowth while also getting 530 coins? I know it would mostly come down to some last (or second to last) move combo RNG, but I just got a score of 2584 this morning. I guess that someone who managed to beat it with one move left after sliding the coin in, getting a crazy combo, and also getting the 500 bonus for the remaining move would take the crown.

WVW69iww_6orpoTldL

Your move!

Fewr

Almost a year has passed and I still can't beat that score.

EDIT: Ah, 530 coins? Don't know, I'll keep an eye on that.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is the mobile version impossible to get into right now? Also, are event prizes event exclusive? I was lucky on 3DS to get a top prize in one or two events, but if I were to miss out on those forever, I'd be crazy bummed.

Ahnez

Are all starters hard to capture? I think I never captured one on the first try - Max I got against one was ~40%, and it still failed lol
On the other hand.. I just got a capture with only 1% chance lol

Azuran

Banned
I was stuck at Gothitelle for the past 3 days because I was too cheap to use items only to beat it in one try today after adding Lugia to my team.

I should really check the internet more often when I get stuck -.-

Can someone tell me how the fuck you beat Mega Gengar? I haven't had much trouble so far in this game but cannot for the life of me get past this asshole.

Azuran

Banned
Can someone tell me how the fuck you beat Mega Gengar? I haven't had much trouble so far in this game but cannot for the life of me get past this asshole.

If you're just starting out, you pretty much have to use a Disruption Delay. The stage is really tough at first when you don't have good and/or high leveled Ghost and Dark types on your team. It's doable without items, but you have to get lucky.

W-00

I was stuck on Mega Gengar for a long time, but I think I managed to beat it itemless, or with a Moves+5 and a mega start at most. You'll definitely want to have Haunter on your team. A 'Mon that can delay disruptions, such as Mismagius, is invaluable.

Despite Sableye being the only super-effective mega you probably have, you might want to try going with something else. I remember doing a lot of experimenting to see what could best break the column (though I no longer remember the exact team that gave me my first victory over Mega Gengar). If you decide to use items, try out a few different Pokemon combinations and see how they work before committing to buying the items.

If you're just starting out, you pretty much have to use a Disruption Delay. The stage is really tough at first when you don't have good and/or high leveled Ghost and Dark types on your team. It's doable without items, but you have to get lucky.

Is that how this game ultimately progresses? Requires item like plays which require money? 500 coins a day takes too long to build any reserves. If that's how this goes I should just give up now.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Make it to stage 37. It's basically THE stage to earn coins in. If it weren't for that stage, I think most of us would've given up on the grounds there's no other real way to earn coins save for the weekend.

Azuran

Banned
Is that how this game ultimately progresses? Requires item like plays which require money? 500 coins a day takes too long to build any reserves. If that's how this goes I should just give up now.

It's not that bad. Once you start getting some good Pokemon, you can pretty much beat any stage in a couple of tries. You can also farm for coins on Meowth as previously mentioned which can net you up to 500 per heart once you get good at it. Saturday Meowth also adds a significant amount to your reserves.

Of course there's going to be bullshit stages every once in a while, but dropping 4000 or so coins for a couple of items doesn't hurt as much when you have over 50k coins in the bank.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Damn it, hackers. I was checking the ranking to get a good idea of who to bring for the Mega competition & I see people using only TWO Pokemon, Ditto (because of course) & Regigigas. It's gonna be a pain when Ditto is finally actually available in the game since that's really the only way to know if someone cheated or not.

Loptous

Damn it, hackers. I was checking the ranking to get a good idea of who to bring for the Mega competition & I see people using only TWO Pokemon, Ditto (because of course) & Regigigas. It's gonna be a pain when Ditto is finally actually available in the game since that's really the only way to know if someone cheated or not.
I've somehow managed to qualify for a Mega Speed Up (top 700) even with all the cheaters.
Used Mega Ampharos / Raikou / Sceptile / Zapdos.

2,300 coins on Meowth today :lol

A bad Banette run is always so bad. I'm starting to wonder if Gengar might be the better choice after all. It doesn't have the same highs that Banette has, but it doesn't have these staggering lows either. I don't think I ever hit below 4,000 coins with Gengar.

daydream

Banned
I pretty consistently hit 5,000-6,000 with Gengar. Evolving it in two turns means almost every turn thereafter is an easy combo.

yeah, but one gengar combo and you're out of gengars. if you're unlucky, you will barely get any in the next turns, let alone next to each other (and even then there won't be enough accumulated to clear enough of the board)

with banette clearing ghost types, one match will result in plenty of combos. so just conceptually i'm convinced banette is superior (in practice, it can, of course, vary from person to person). and i haven't used any mega speedups on banette, yet

yeah, but one gengar combo and you're out of gengars. if you're unlucky, you will barely get any in the next turns, let alone next to each other (and even then there won't be enough accumulated to clear enough of the board)

My point is that with Gengar gone, it's really easy to get a 3x combo with the tokens that are left, since there's only three Pokémon remaining. You don't need the Gengar tokens to be there for combos.

Banette's combos generally last longer which is why you'll get more coins in a good run, but in a bad run you can easily risk getting barely any combos at all, which is what happened to me today. Like I say, Banette is for sure superior on a good day, but I wonder what the good day:bad day ratio is, because Gengar is pretty consistent.

daydream

Banned
My point is that with Gengar gone, it's really easy to get a 3x combo with the tokens that are left, since there's only three Pokémon remaining. You don't need the Gengar tokens to be there for combos.

Banette's combos generally last longer which is why you'll get more coins in a good run, but in a bad run you can easily risk getting barely any combos at all, which is what happened to me today. Like I say, Banette is for sure superior on a good day, but I wonder what the good day:bad day ratio is, because Gengar is pretty consistent.

your second point might well be correct but the first one hasn't shaken out that way for me in practice. with gengar gone you will have three pokemon left but also some scattered coins. those can mess things up easily.

since the 100 coin gain should not be the desired one, you want to accumulate more coins first to get the 300/500 matches. the main perk of banette is not solely the fact that a big combo will lead to coin generation but the fact that the board clears will also lead to more coins dropping into the board, generally an equal amount if not more.

like i said, you're probably right that it's more of a question of risk:reward but i feel like 1) banette with full mega speedups and 2) careful planning with banette can mitigate that risk factor by a significant margin. by 2) i mean (for example) setting up a 500 coin match at the cost of a turn. i've had really good banette runs that way, going for quality over quantity of matches.

that said, rng can obviously make both our stances look foolish in any given case

Chris1

Messed up so bad today on weekend Meowth... Started the match and I forgot to switch Banette to the first slot so I had no mega Pokemon at all :( Still got 2.2k coins so it's not too bad, but damn I feel stupid.

Azuran

Banned
1800 in Weekend Mouth. Damn it, this is going to set me back a bit. The one time I decided to go back to Mewtwo and he lets me down.

After getting Banette, I only used it a couple times before switching to Mewtwo. It just evolves too slowly IMO.

A score of about 47000 puts me at 3100 on Mega Swampert. I'll likely need a higher score to stay in the Mega Speedup cutoff.

Fewr

After getting Banette, I only used it a couple times before switching to Mewtwo. It just evolves too slowly IMO.

A score of about 47000 puts me at 3100 on Mega Swampert. I'll likely need a higher score to stay in the Mega Speedup cutoff.

I got the same, but decided to take the day off and not worry about the mega speedup.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Phew, ranked 2407 (originally 1200-ish a few days ago) & half an hour to go. Should get the Mega Speedup. Really wish they'd move updates to Mondays again, considering I have the night off but have to wait until I get home for Tuesday updates.

JoeM86

Phew, ranked 2407 (originally 1200-ish a few days ago) & half an hour to go. Should get the Mega Speedup. Really wish they'd move updates to Mondays again, considering I have the night off but have to wait until I get home for Tuesday updates.

I'm glad its Tuesday personally :p

CassSept

Infernape is fairly easy with Garchomp, especially if you pumped some candies into it. Pretty much a week of rest for those caught up with the game.

Top Bottom