• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, should go back to doing Keldos. On 130 right now, might only go to 150 considering there's only 3 days left.

finally done with the safari. gigalith seems to be the only useful pokemon out of that

Without knowing what Camerupt's Mega Skill is, that's hard to judge. Finally done with the safari myself now! Saw Gigalith three times in total before Camerupt eventually showed up, and then I nearly lost haha.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
So my game keeps crashing lately, every tenth, eleventh go or so it craps out, forcing me to hard reset (with a system message). I do nothing in particular, sometimes it doesn't even start a round, sometimes the music during a round stops and it crashes, sometimes it won't load back after a round. I hardly ever quit the game when I have nothing else to play, so it basically just sits there all the time on standby. All other games work fine (at least no other game crashed on me so far) so I guess it's not the 3DS? Can I "reinstall" the game without losing progress?

Keldeo 300 beaten with only an all-in, no jewels (3DS), safari complete only using only one megaball, talonflame capturd itemless, 44K coins in bank, 12 jewels, and sitting on 23 speedups at the moment (Slowbro, Mewtwo, Gengar, Lucario maxed out in terms of candies fed, Banette given 3/8 candies. back to S-ranking main stages after some meowth grinding.

i cant stop lol

Phew, snagged Talonflame; that's all the events caught up with so far.

Blasted bird of course broke out at 33%, but thankfully Super Catch Power boosted it to MAX : P

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Don't think I'm gonna bother with 150 Keldeo. Pretty much need C-1 & I won't be able to earn the coins to do it. I'm honestly also starting to run out of Mega Pokemon that I mainly use to feed the Mega Speedups.

also

Banned
Don't think I'm gonna bother with 150 Keldeo. Pretty much need C-1 & I won't be able to earn the coins to do it. I'm honestly also starting to run out of Mega Pokemon that I mainly use to feed the Mega Speedups.

I didn't need to use C-1. I bought everything else and finished with 4 turns left using a fully candied and maxed Mewtwo, Victini, Xerneas and Crescelia. So if you have ~10k and are filling lucky go for it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I tried both Mega Mewtwo & Gardevoir (both lv. 8) with lv. 9 or maxed of the same team with Moves +5, DD, Mega Start, & Attack Power Up. Maybe I just got real unlucky on both attempts.

Ondore

How's your Slowbro? I've seen some insane 300 videos with MSlowbro basically wiping the entire board twice (also clears disruptions).

Does the Swampert thing start Tuesday or Monday, by the way?

W-00

Fed my first mega speed-up to Gengar, so it's maxed. What's a good mega to give my second to? Got the default ones up to (but not including) Mewtwo Y, as well as Lucario and Garchomp.

Fed my first mega speed-up to Gengar, so it's maxed. What's a good mega to give my second to? Got the default ones up to (but not including) Mewtwo Y, as well as Lucario and Garchomp.

I gave my initial MSU to Lucario over Gengar. It evolves so quickly already you're not going to notice going from 12 icons matched to 11 or whatever Gengar is listed at on most stages, it still evolves in 3-4 matches. After the MSUs, Lucario is nearly as fast as Gengar, you'll use him a ton and he's unlikely to be usurped by another Mega.

Those are pretty much the two factors how I've been deciding how to divvy up the MSU. Mewtwo was next strongest base power Mega at the time and it's useful during Weekend Mewoth.

After Swampert comes out we need an updated list on number of icons Megas need to evolve.

also

Banned
I tried both Mega Mewtwo & Gardevoir (both lv. 8) with lv. 9 or maxed of the same team with Moves +5, DD, Mega Start, & Attack Power Up. Maybe I just got real unlucky on both attempts.
That's a shame. The RNG gods sometimes giveth sometimes taketh :/

Oh fuck Gogoat. Fuck it in its stupid face. Used 14,000 coins to beat it and did it in like three turns, but it escaped at 46%. Used a great ball and it escaped at 92% and then ran off straight away! That's another 14,000 coins I need to waste to catch the fucking thing now (at least) because I can't get anywhere near killing it without C-1.

Fucking game.

EDIT: Mega Charizard helps. Managed it without C-1 and Moves+5 because I'd at least got the S-rank. Still wasted a fuckton of coins though, haha.

OmegaX

Oh fuck Gogoat. Fuck it in its stupid face. Used 14,000 coins to beat it and did it in like three turns, but it escaped at 46%. Used a great ball and it escaped at 92% and then ran off straight away! That's another 14,000 coins I need to waste to catch the fucking thing now (at least) because I can't get anywhere near killing it without C-1.

Pokemon can run after you fail to catch it with a great ball? I've caught Pokemon after using 3 great balls so I thought the game let you keep wasting coins until you were all out or gave up.

Syntsui

Pokemon can run after you fail to catch it with a great ball? I've caught Pokemon after using 3 great balls so I thought the game let you keep wasting coins until you were all out or gave up.

They run only if you don't have enough coins for another Great Ball I think.

also

Banned
Can't level up Gardevoir on Meowth since it has Swap. Of course 3-matches will proc it.
I swear that the Meowth stage boosts the activation rate of any ability whose activation will hinder your ability to get coins. I have never seen so many Swap, Paralyze, Stabilize+, etc. activations from 3-icon matches.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Mega Swampert seems quite easy, wonder if I'll need the C-1 to only get the stone...

I swear that the Meowth stage boosts the activation rate of any ability whose activation will hinder your ability to get coins. I have never seen so many Swap, Paralyze, Stabilize+, etc. activations from 3-icon matches.

What is the ideal lineup/abilities for the Meowth Coin stages anyway?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Honestly, the only real suggestions are to NOT equip stuff like Swap or Stabilize that will remove the coins or cause Meowth to be paralyzed & maybe put a Power of 4 Pokemon if you feel you need the attack boost. Also be a bit careful with a team either being too powerful or too underpowered.

also

Banned
For Meowth I just use the Pokemon I want to level up but they must be neutral.effective and without any disrupting abilities; the exp. gain is small, but it adds up. Currently, my team has Garchomp, Pinsir, Tyranitar and Gigalith.

YourMaster

I think the power of 4+ abilities are really useful, they give a big reliable boost and can be triggered/avoided at will. This allows you to focus on getting the line of 5 coins and do the exact amount of damage needed.

I think the power of 4+ abilities are really useful, they give a big reliable boost and can be triggered/avoided at will. This allows you to focus on getting the line of 5 coins and do the exact amount of damage needed.

That's essentially what I was doing. Using easily controllable abilities on pokemon that I wanted to level. I had been using Gengar as well because he's one of the only ones you can easily Mega Evolve in few moves. Playing on Mobile so I don't have the most expansive list of Mega's.

Syntsui

That's essentially what I was doing. Using easily controllable abilities on pokemon that I wanted to level. I had been using Gengar as well because he's one of the only ones you can easily Mega Evolve in few moves. Playing on Mobile so I don't have the most expansive list of Mega's.

You should not use any Mega or Gengar at all against Meowth, or are you reffering to the weekend event? If so, the optimal team is M-Gengar + 4 Quirky Pokémons or Mega Boost if you don't have any Quirky.

Machine

I find it useful to always have one pokemon with the crowd control ability. It triggers pretty reliably if you match 4. Set it up for your last turn to make sure you get enough points to clear the stage after you've gotten your coins.

YourMaster

I find it useful to always have one pokemon with the crowd control ability. It triggers pretty reliably if you match 4. Set it up for your last turn to make sure you get enough points to clear the stage after you've gotten your coins.

4+ is better than crowd control as it gives even more points and it is always exactly the same so you know what to expect.

Machine

4+ is better than crowd control as it gives even more points and it is always exactly the same so you know what to expect.

According to Serebii, crowd control has a 100% activation rate when you match 4. Power of 4+ only has an 80% activation rate. However, I think that must be for 3ds only because I've had crowd control fail to activate on mobile when I've matched 4. One more reason to dislike the mobile version.

Syntsui

According to Serebii, crowd control has a 100% activation rate when you match 4. Power of 4+ only has an 80% activation rate. However, I think that must be for 3ds only because I've had crowd control fail to activate on mobile when I've matched 4. One more reason to dislike the mobile version.

Yup, I got some fails with crowd control too. They work really hard to make it as bad as possible, fucking scumbags. If anything it turns people away from playing it and not wasting money.

I aways log in and do some events. As much as I get frustrated, I refuse to spend a nickel on it. The game straight up doesn't respect me to do so.

YourMaster

I'm not sure that's true, if Crowd control on 3ds is really 100% with 4, but more problematically, it can also trigger on 3 causing you too 'win' before you match the coins.
But what I meant was, power of 4 is always the same amount of damage, where crowd control is determined by the number of icons on the field.
When going for 500 coins it is down to the wire with just one move after the coin move, so you need precision.

Fewr

For Meowth I just use the Pokemon I want to level up but they must be neutral.effective and without any disrupting abilities; the exp. gain is small, but it adds up. Currently, my team has Garchomp, Pinsir, Tyranitar and Gigalith.

This is what I do. Volbeat + 3 others that I want to level up and won't interfere with coin grinding.

Ahnez

So, I have almost 12 jewels from clearing the regular stages/events

What should I use them? Using for more moves/time when you lose sounds pointless, but the other choices are buying coins/hearts, that also doesn't feel very useful at all

Any suggestions? they were free anyway lol

also

Banned
So, I have almost 12 jewels from clearing the regular stages/events

What should I use them? Using for more moves/time when you lose sounds pointless, but the other choices are buying coins/hearts, that also doesn't feel very useful at all

Any suggestions? they were free anyway lol
Save them for when you need coins (competitions, event Pokemon) but don't have time to grind Meowth.

I'm not sure that's true, if Crowd control on 3ds is really 100% with 4, but more problematically, it can also trigger on 3 causing you too 'win' before you match the coins.
But what I meant was, power of 4 is always the same amount of damage, where crowd control is determined by the number of icons on the field.
When going for 500 coins it is down to the wire with just one move after the coin move, so you need precision.

I've "lost" a few times when CC activated when I didn't want it to, but I've won far more times when Power of 4+ wouldn't have cut it. Manipulating tokens around means often I can't spend time getting the points I need to actually beat the stage, and having a free 600~ points in the last move has been the difference between success and failure so many times when 300 points would have left me nowhere near clearing the stage.

On balance, I prefer CC, especially with its 100% activation on 4+ tokens.

Top Bottom