• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well, Infernape was easy with all items excluding C-1. Finished in 5 moves, but of course escaped out of a 60% catch rate, but just used a great ball.

Guess I'll level him up, but kind of getting tired of attack base 70 Pokemon considering how many others I already have leveled up.

For those yet to try, Infernape is a Gengar fight. I was curious so I gave it a go even though I'd caught it already, and I beat it with ten turns left, no items.

An all-Water team with Mega Swampert should be interesting.

Infernape is beatable without items. I used Palkia for the ice, Tyranitar for the Infernape spawns, and Gengar/Garchomp as the Mega.

Nailed Infernape with a Swampert team with two Waters and Tyranitar.

It broke out of two Great Balls, so I reset (since the coin amount was higher than an Attack Power Power), then did the stage again and Super Catch brought me up to 96%.

Hegarol

For those yet to try, Infernape is a Gengar fight. I was curious so I gave it a go even though I'd caught it already, and I beat it with ten turns left, no items.
This! Don't screw around with Mega Swampert like I did at first. Just use Mega Gengar and you should beat it easily.

Pretty easy itemless with a garchomp mega optimized team too.

I always have the best competition attempts when I head to the Nintendo World Store and use their WiFi. Placed ~800 for M swampwert after being stuck in the 3ks after two attempts. That place is charmed

Crazyorloco

So I cleared out my phone and forgot to take a screen shot or write down the transfer code...

I was pretty far in this game. level 80 something...This sucks. lol

Syntsui

Used Mega Start on Infernape and then I proceeded to clear it with 27% catch rate (I think it was around that). Turns out I wasted 3 great balls, couldn't catch him and lost all my coins. If I unninstal it will I lose my entire data? I'm seriously thinking about doing this just so I don't have any motivation to ever play again.

Luxray is such a weird fight. You can't see any of the screen at all which should make it really difficult, but it's actually easy to beat by optimising and then doing the Pokémon Shuffle equivalent of button-mashing - just swiping completely at random all over the screen.

It's actually one of the easier expert stages if you play it like this, haha.

Well, if EX31 was one of the easier stages then I don't know what to say about EX32, Malamar, it was even easier. So weird. Beat it first time with 13 seconds on the clock, and no items used at all (except for a great ball.) Those two new ones were a bizarre drop in difficulty from the expert stages that went before them.

I think I'm back totally up to date again now. All Pokémon caught, all mega stones currently available have been won. 138 hours on the clock, which is a lot but I'm sure it's at the low end as far as people who are up to date go!

WVW69iyQbDUn1KtVqN

Oxx

Is Arceus any good? Do I want to catch him?

My squad isn't very good, so it might take a lot of coins to bring him in.

My squad isn't very good, so it might take a lot of coins to bring him in?

Arceus is amazing with Normal teams, but only if you can keep Double Normal active.

TBH I haven't used Arceus at all, even for competitions so I don't think it's essential.

Junahu

My squad isn't very good, so it might take a lot of coins to bring him in?
It's useful for getting high scores in timed stages, due to its ability. But that's about it. It's too unreliable to use in a main stage.
If you have to go too far out of your way to get Arceus, you shouldn't bother.

Azuran

Banned
I finally manage to get through Gardevoir itemless only to run right into Mega Medicham. I'm going to assume I'm going to need a DD for this because this stage is just insane and makes the previous struggles in Alben Town look like nothing.

Ondore

OK, the guide says DD+MS+M5 for Roserade shouOH MY GOD WHY ARE ALL THE BUDEW THERE

Trying to burn through main stages at S rank and yeesh. Had to C-1 it... not looking forward to the Galvantula->Exploud->Deoxys triple header.

Edit: Also, looks like
Mamoswine
is the EX stage for 270 clears, so we're probably getting new stages Tuesday.

Stage On

OK, the guide says DD+MS+M5 for Roserade shouOH MY GOD WHY ARE ALL THE BUDEW THERE

Trying to burn through main stages at S rank and yeesh. Had to C-1 it... not looking forward to the Galvantula->Exploud->Deoxys triple header.

Edit: Also, looks like
Mamoswine
is the EX stage for 270 clears, so we're probably getting new stages Tuesday.

Darn it every time I get close to nearly catching up they release a bunch of new stages on me again! I'd like to grind some more levels for some mons so that I'd have an easier time clearing some stages but instead I end up having to spend most of the time grinding for coins instead.

Just blew a bunch of coins on EX stage 31 and haven't even cleared EX 32. So I'll have to fill back up again before I can even attempt the next normal stages :(

CassSept

I figured as much as that's right on schedule when looking at the few past updates, but one more week of pause wouldn't hurt to be honest.

I wonder what the mega will be?

CassSept

New stages, Zekrom and an old safari today.

Check the update, the info you're looking for is at the bottom ;)

Zekrom, Sharpedo safari repeat, new stages, new expert stages.

It's no spoiler as the update says as much, but the mega of RC is... Rayquaza! Dayum.

I've cleared the first 5 new stages of RC and they are refreshingly non-assholish, all 5 fell at my first attempt. +5m should be enough to S-rank the first five, if that's needed at all.

Hariyama
looks hard but it has a fairly small health pool

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, FOURTY new stages?!?! Well damn, that would explain why we finally got the "see 5 Pokemon at a time" to return.

Zekrom is gonna be worth leveling up, considering it's base attack
with ability
Block Smash+

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ya know, it just hit me we're well past the halfway point of all the Pokemon they can add to this game (as of now, there's 429 Pokemon in the database). I wonder how much longer it'll take before they stop with the updates/new content.

& anyone know when the new EX stages are unlocked? I didn't get one immediately when the new stages were added despite all S-ranks previously.

also

Banned
Well, that explains why the first few stages were so easy. 40, wow.

Next week Kyurem EB and M-Sharpedo repeat.

E: M-Ray has a ridiculous mega bar but it's ability sounds insane.

Does it really? Its type is dragon so you would only use it against dragons, which means your team would most likely be Rayquaza, Dragonite (Dancing dragons) and 2 other strong dragons. If you want to use some other type because you need their abilities, you will need at least 2 non-dragon types or else you won't be able to combo well. So you will be left with only 2 dragons and Dancing Dragons won't be nearly as effective.
You won't even be able to clear non-support Pokemon as they are the same type as the stage Pokemon, so dragon type.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Attack Power Up & Mega Start should be fine. I used Moves +5 & I finished with 15 moves left. Just know for a decent amount of time, the left half of the screen will be covered with iron blocks & Zekrom icons. I used Mega Garchomp as well.

also

Banned
Attack Power Up & Mega Start should be fine. I used Moves +5 & I finished with 15 moves left. Just know for a decent amount of time, the left half of the screen will be covered with iron blocks & Zekrom icons. I used Mega Garchomp as well.

Moves +5 doesn't add to the catch %, so it's kind of a waste.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, good point. I kind of do it out of force of habit of using it to help for S-ranks. But basically, have a pokemon like Mega Garchomp that'll help clear the left side of the screen much faster.

Mega Start and ATK+ is more than enough, yeah, beat it with 13 moves left without even trying.

Naturally it escaped at 27% and then ran off after one single attempt at 54% so I wasted all those coins, the fucking cunt.

also

Banned
Mega Start and ATK+ is more than enough, yeah, beat it with 13 moves left without even trying.

Naturally it escaped at 27% and then ran off after one single attempt at 54% so I wasted all those coins, the fucking cunt.
It's stories like this that make doubt whether it's worth doing an item run at all. MS and Att+ would cost 7500, add a great ball and it goes up to 11000, that's ~27 itemless runs (400 coins per run). I can beat it with ~3 turns left so the catch % would be ~7%, which is really low but I would have 27% attempts instead of 2.
Hmm, not yet sure what to do.

On a more positive note, I already caught Sharpedo and only need Cherrim to complete the safari. Hopefully catching Sharpedo so early didn't use up all my luck because I haven't even seen one yet.

Syntsui

It's stories like this that make doubt whether it's worth doing an item run at all. MS and Att+ would cost 7500, add a great ball and it goes up to 11000, that's ~27 itemless runs (400 coins per run). I can beat it with ~3 turns left so the catch % would be ~7%, which is really low but I would have 27% attempts instead of 2.
Hmm, not yet sure what to do.

On a more positive note, I already caught Sharpedo and only need Cherrim to complete the safari. Hopefully catching Sharpedo so early didn't use up all my luck because I haven't even seen one yet.

Add 400 coins just to challenge it on mobile. This fucking game, they will never have my money, but they have plenty of my hate
and play time

Chopper

Wow. I think Galvantula might be the least fun I've ever had in a computer game.

I suppose the only way to beat it is to spend a shitload of coins?

I've cleared the first 5 new stages of RC and they are refreshingly non-assholish, all 5 fell at my first attempt. +5m should be enough to S-rank the first five, if that's needed at all.

Played Aron, stage 261, expecting relative ease. Didn't even get close to beating it due to disruptions. Not sure if you're playing a different game to me.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Played Aron, stage 261, expecting relative ease. Didn't even get close to beating it due to disruptions. Not sure if you're playing a different game to me.
Went down in two turns with MGengar, it's very luck dependent though.
Also Mega Start really isn't necessary for Zekrom, finished it with Attack Boost only and 10 turns left.

also

Banned
Add 400 coins just to challenge it on mobile. This fucking game, they will never have my money, but they have plenty of my hate
and play time
Wait, 3DS players don't have to pay for Zekrom?
Man, they are getting desperate but I will never spend a cent on the game.

3DS players don't pay to play any stage.

Went down in two turns with MGengar, it's very luck dependent though.
Also Mega Start really isn't necessary for Zekrom, finished it with Attack Boost only and 10 turns left.

Oh fuck I forgot MGengar in 3-Pokémon stages and I'm its biggest cheerleader. So rusty on actual stages.

Orgen

Got Zekrom (Attack up and a Great Ball). Now to the regular stages!

By the way, any advice S-Ranking Mega Aerodactyl and Mega Hearcross? Reddit strategies are not working for me :(

Chris1

Fuck zekrom.. ran away after 1 greatball at 56%, then failed to go in with 2 greatballs at 93%.

Edit: Holy shit, just seen on Reddit.. Mega Rayquaza 33 icons to evolve, 20 speedups. Removes up to 10 Pokemon from a different type. Amazing ability but I'm not sure if 20 speedups is worth that. That's a bit too many when you've got Mega start, Banette, Mewtwo and Gengar.

Top Bottom