• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Syntsui

Fuck zekrom.. ran away after 1 greatball at 56%, then failed to go in with 2 greatballs at 93%.

Edit: Holy shit, just seen on Reddit.. Mega Rayquaza 33 icons to evolve, 20 speedups. Removes up to 10 Pokemon from a different type. Amazing ability but I'm not sure if 20 speedups is worth that. That's a bit too many when you've got Mega start, Banette, Mewtwo and Gengar.

We didn't even have 20 mega speedups distributed lol.

There are currently 41 Mega Speedups if you won all the competitions, got all the rewards from Escalation Stages, and managed to punch in the code (now expired) for the Mega Speedup.

23 Mega Speedups on Mobile.

Kyurem Escalation gives us another 7 and M-Sharpedo will give us 1 as well.

SaintRidley

Neo Member
Does it really? Its type is dragon so you would only use it against dragons, which means your team would most likely be Rayquaza, Dragonite (Dancing dragons) and 2 other strong dragons. If you want to use some other type because you need their abilities, you will need at least 2 non-dragon types or else you won't be able to combo well. So you will be left with only 2 dragons and Dancing Dragons won't be nearly as effective.
You won't even be able to clear non-support Pokemon as they are the same type as the stage Pokemon, so dragon type.

You're getting it backwards.

Ray does the inverse of Mega Mewtwo/Bannette, which means you want to pair it with non-dragons. Due to Dragon's wide neutral coverage (only NVE against Steel and Fairy), and the ability's combo generating potential, Mega Ray works like a Mega Mewtwo/Bannette with Gengar's wide ranging applicability. Just as we use Gengar where it's not SE or even sometimes NVE, Mega Ray may be useful there as well, because its ability kicks off long chains of combos with the SE support you bring.

The downside is the Mega Start or Speedup cost. But we're practically drowning in speedups anyway.

Zekrom is doable itemless, but you're looking at 5% catch rates. All the catch rates on the new stages are shit, actually.

If you're using Banette and Mega Start in the weekly Meowth, Ray could be a much better option with the ability to use Pokémon with Quirky++ or some other useful skill rather than being tied to ghosts.

pHand

Wow, ridiculous number of new stages. It makes me wonder if the game isn't pulling as much revenue as they'd like, so they used a mega speedup on their release schedule to make sure they get any potential money while people are still interested.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
S-rank & caught up to 275. Starting to slow down/need more coins now that I'm at 280.

Also, how do I do 279 with only 3 moves? Had to use Moves +5 because 3 moves just barely makes me fail the stage.

JoeM86

Wow, ridiculous number of new stages. It makes me wonder if the game isn't pulling as much revenue as they'd like, so they used a mega speedup on their release schedule to make sure they get any potential money while people are still interested.

I believe it really hasn't been doing well. It hasn't ever been high in top grossing charts.

Shuffle Mobile hasn't had enough downloads either. Only 5 million in one month less than it took the 3DS version, and that's on mobile.

Whereas Pokémon Rumble World is the top grossing non-DLC non-retail thing on the Nintendo eShop (Wii U & 3DS combined)

Another possibility is that they want to wrap up support this year (perhaps due to it not pulling revenue). At the current rate they were doing it, it wouldn't have been done until towards the end of next year. Now, with just under 300 Pokémon to go, if they went this route of 40 Pokémon a month plus forms, plus catalogued Pokémon that are currently unavailable, they'd be done by November.

Hegarol

Mobile 1.5.0 is out with "interface adjustments".

Its also finally available in the German AppStore. I don't know why it took so long.

also

Banned
You're getting it backwards.

Ray does the inverse of Mega Mewtwo/Bannette, which means you want to pair it with non-dragons. Due to Dragon's wide neutral coverage (only NVE against Steel and Fairy), and the ability's combo generating potential, Mega Ray works like a Mega Mewtwo/Bannette with Gengar's wide ranging applicability. Just as we use Gengar where it's not SE or even sometimes NVE, Mega Ray may be useful there as well, because its ability kicks off long chains of combos with the SE support you bring.

The downside is the Mega Start or Speedup cost. But we're practically drowning in speedups anyway.

You're right, didn't really think it about it that way. Still, it will take a while before I have 20 speedups to burn (mobile here) as I just maxed out Garchomp; makes Ampharos grinding a breeze.

Syntsui

Beat Zekrom with Attack Power, wasted a Great Ball, it escaped. Tried again with no items, failed to beat it by a pixel. I have literally no coins anymore. Yay!!!!!!!

I believe it really hasn't been doing well. It hasn't ever been high in top grossing charts.

Shuffle Mobile hasn't had enough downloads either. Only 5 million in one month less than it took the 3DS version, and that's on mobile.

Whereas Pokémon Rumble World is the top grossing non-DLC non-retail thing on the Nintendo eShop (Wii U & 3DS combined)

Another possibility is that they want to wrap up support this year (perhaps due to it not pulling revenue). At the current rate they were doing it, it wouldn't have been done until towards the end of next year. Now, with just under 300 Pokémon to go, if they went this route of 40 Pokémon a month plus forms, plus catalogued Pokémon that are currently unavailable, they'd be done by November.

I imagine they've realised how easy it is to grind to max-coins when they only release 10 new stages a month, negating the need for people to buy more. This way people will start to feel behind and may feel pressure to make a purchase.

Although saying that, none of the update notes mention how many new stages there are, so you wouldn't know there was 40 until you beat the 40th one anyway.

Makuhita S-rank tip - put Makuhita in your team. No items needed.

JoeM86

I imagine they've realised how easy it is to grind to max-coins when they only release 10 new stages a month, negating the need for people to buy more. This way people will start to feel behind and may feel pressure to make a purchase.

Although saying that, none of the update notes mention how many new stages there are, so you wouldn't know there was 40 until you beat the 40th one anyway.

Makuhita S-rank tip - put Makuhita in your team. No items needed.

The Japanese official site and twitter stated about 43 new stages in this update.

Syntsui

A game that pushes you to spend your money in every oportunity available, worse in almost every way compared to the 3DS version and no marketing whatsoever in a platform that has Candy Crush is failing? Who would have thought!

If I hadn't played the 3DS version and already got addicted to it, I would have given up in a week. It's extremely frutrating to new users see these awesome event/special Pokémons being impossible to catch without an absurd grind of late stage Pokémons and a lot of coins.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
43 makes sense, considering 40 main stages + 3 new EX ones. Guessing the next EX stage unlocks at 280 S-ranks, then 290 & 300.

That theory of "40 stages at once = less time to grind" seems very possible, considering I could still have a good amount of coins left if it was just 10 stages. Though I will say, it feels like for the most part, the stages are better designed instead of "let's make 8 out of 10 stages really annoying since we're adding a small amount".

Loptous

I agree that's the reason, and yet, it's a bit silly considering the main stages won't go away or anything.

Syntsui

I disagree with the idea of they doing this to prevent grinding, at least not on mobile. You can make more money doing the stages normally than grinding mobile Meowth with is randomness.

CassSept

43 makes sense, considering 40 main stages + 3 new EX ones. Guessing the next EX stage unlocks at 280 S-ranks, then 290 & 300.

That theory of "40 stages at once = less time to grind" seems very possible, considering I could still have a good amount of coins left if it was just 10 stages. Though I will say, it feels like for the most part, the stages are better designed instead of "let's make 8 out of 10 stages really annoying since we're adding a small amount".

I most definitely agree on that, with 10 stages it was getting through them within a day, most of them were frustrating and many of them were impossible to S-rank without coins. I feel completely different about that new batch.

Hegarol

I most definitely agree on that, with 10 stages it was getting through them within a day, most of them were frustrating and many of them were impossible to S-rank without coins. I feel completely different about that new batch.
This. The levels so far are much more fun than the last batches. I am very glad we got 40 stages, there is no rush to do it in a few days anyway. Next week is "only" a repeat competition and a new Escalation battle.

S-rank & caught up to 275. Starting to slow down/need more coins now that I'm at 280.

Also, how do I do 279 with only 3 moves? Had to use Moves +5 because 3 moves just barely makes me fail the stage.
278 with Porygon? I'm not sure if this is the only way but don't go for the obvious match four first. Match Gible in the top left on your first move. The second move is the match four Pidgeotto setting off the chain but now you force a board reset since there are no more moves. Then you can make the same match four move for enough to beat it and the S Rank.

292 Seismitoad: did anyone else have this much trouble with this stage, it was the first stage I struggled with mightily. What's worse is on my second attempt I managed to lose with one of those barely visible sliver's of life on the health bar. Then I blew through 7-8 hearts til MManectric/Dedenne/Maractus/Zapdos beat him.

297 Porygon 2 I managed to beat but I think it was just luck. Kept as many match 3 Porygons and they barrier bashed in the right spots.

Oxx

I missed enough time (and played sub-optimally enough) that I'll have a hard time catching up.

I'll survive.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Damn it, once again, I was thinking of finally buying some jewels considering how many hours I put in & figured I would finally give in with all the new stages and take advantage of the "buy #, get 6 free" deal, but like before, it ended already.

Tried 280, totally need to grind again for coins just to beat it.

Updated Mega Evolution Speeds via XJakub

Pokemon: #Clears required to Mega Evolve (-Mega Speed Ups)
Mega Gengar 11 (-1)
Mega Audino 12 (-3)
Mega Blaziken 12 (-3)
Mega Swampert 12 (-3)
Mega Lucario 14 (-4)
Mega Gardevoir 15 (-5)
Mega Venusaur 15 (-3)
Mega Charizard Y 16 (-3)
Mega Kangaskhan 16 (-8)
Mega Lopunny 16 (-8)
Mega Absol 18 (-3)
Mega Slowbro 18 (-2)
Mega Blastoise 19 (-4)
Mega Glalie 19 (-6)
Mega Latios 19 (-5)
Mega Manectric 20 (-7)
Mega Heracross 21 (-6)
Mega Mawile 21 (-7)
Mega Medicham 21 (-6)
Mega Steelix 21 (-7)
Mega Altaria 22 (-6)
Mega Latias 22 (-12)
Mega Sableye 22 (-8)
Mega Sharpedo 22 (-10)
Mega Aerodactyl 23 (-7)
Mega Mewtwo Y 23 (-5)
Mega Ampharos 24 (-7)
Mega Garchomp 24 (-10)
Mega Banette 27 (-8)
Mega Rayquaza 33 (-20)

So if you MAX everyone out here's the new order

8 Kangaskhan/Lopunny
9 Audino/Blaziken/Swampert
10 Gengar/Gardevoir/Latias/Lucario
12 Venusaur/Sharpedo
13 Charizard Y/Glalie/Manectric/Rayquaza
14 Garchomp/Latios/Mawile/Sableye/Steelix
15 Absol/Blastoise/Heracross/Medicham
16 Aerodactyl/Altaria/Slobro
17 Ampharos
18 Mewtwo Y
19 Banette

Ondore

Awesome, had some crap luck at Meowth recently so this'll help big time for my Sunday blitz. (Zekrom, 256-260 and two EXs + as many of the new stages I can do cheap)

so that mega rayquaza is gonna be useless unless you've been hoarding mega speedups

It's not that great even after 20 SpeedUps, as far as evolving it naturally goes. If you're gonna Mega Start it'll be good, but probably a waste of time otherwise, so the SpeedUps won't make a difference.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sweet, a new code for the game, & for a decent amount of coins.

I should also check my hours, pretty damn sure I've hit the 300 hour mark.

Edit: LOOOOOOLLLLLLL I HAVE 352:51 ACCORDING TO MY ACTIVITY LOG.

But in-game, it says I have 303:10.

Chris1

Sweet, a new code for the game, & for a decent amount of coins.

I should also check my hours, pretty damn sure I've hit the 300 hour mark.

Edit: LOOOOOOLLLLLLL I HAVE 352:51 ACCORDING TO MY ACTIVITY LOG.

But in-game, it says I have 303:10.
LOL, I'm not even going to look at how many hours I have now. It's far too many for my own good.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I guess the 50 minutes is time spent on the stage select & stuff while in-game, it just counts the time spent actually playing the stages.

Also noticed it's almost been a year since it's release on Feb. 18th. Maybe we'll get some kind of event to celebrate its anniversary.

Edit: Wow, got super lucky on EX33 & 34. Caught the 33 one with 25%, THEN did 34 & caught the Pokemon with 16%. Yay for not having to resort to Great Balls.

also

Banned
Thanks for the code, Chopper.

Yes, caught Zekrom and only had to use a great ball, no items. Finished with 7 moves left and the super catch rate brought it up to 72%. I tossed a GB just for the heck of it and caught it. Really didn't expect the game to be so nice.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just realized I forgot to do Victini yesterday. Ah well, I'm mainly leveling my new Pokemon up via grinding Meowth anyways.

daydream

Banned
meowth went alright this week

D6KdSQL.jpg

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm stuck at Mega Heracross. I guess I'll try and level my team at Ampharos? I'm trying not to use items and saving coins for event pokemon.

Also, is Sharpedo worth hunting for? I think I ran the stage something like 50 times with no luck.

Top Bottom