• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Fewr

I don't think I've ever used Sharpedo, so I'd say skip unless you want all pokémon. He's not my first choice at least.

As for Heracross, grind meow the for coins then go for it. You can get about 10k coins per day doing Meowth only.

I'm stuck at Mega Heracross. I guess I'll try and level my team at Ampharos? I'm trying not to use items and saving coins for event pokemon.

Also, is Sharpedo worth hunting for? I think I ran the stage something like 50 times with no luck.

Levelling your Pokémon really isn't worth it. You're much better off using your hearts on Meowth and using the coins - you can also level your Pokémon on this stage too though obviously not as effectively.

Even more better off since Meowth takes about 60 seconds per heart and Ampharos like five minutes.

YourMaster

I'm stuck at Mega Heracross. I guess I'll try and level my team at Ampharos? I'm trying not to use items and saving coins for event pokemon.

Also, is Sharpedo worth hunting for? I think I ran the stage something like 50 times with no luck.

I think many of the mega's need items to be beatable. And even if you'd manage without, this would take so many tries that a faster alternative would be to first play the meowth-coin level a few times and then use those coins on the mega-level.

Sharpedo has a mega-stone, so it will see some use.

M-Sharpedo is a Dark-type equivalent of M-Slowbro.

Speaking of which, you don't think that M-Sceptile is going to have the same ability as M-Blaziken and M-Swampert, right?

JoeM86

I don't think Mega Rayquaza is possible with no items. Don't have many coins on my English game so less to spare on it so am trying without. It just never gets far, it just doesn't get combos.

Elija2

I don't think Mega Rayquaza is possible with no items. Don't have many coins on my English game so less to spare on it so am trying without. It just never gets far, it just doesn't get combos.

I couldn't beat it even with Moves +5, Disruption Delay, and Mega Start. Even with items, you'd have to get really lucky to beat it.

JoeM86

I couldn't beat it even with Moves +5, Disruption Delay, and Mega Start. Even with items, you'd have to get really lucky to beat it.

I think Complexity is vital to get the combos.

On my Japanese one, I went full items (except EXP) and got it done with Mega Latios.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Alright, how do I solve stage 288's puzzle?

Also weird that we finally got a stage for a Pokemon that was previously only via Special Event. Showed me the Pokeball on 290 indicating I caught it despite it not being unlocked it. Least it means I only have to S-rank it.

Edit: Oh here we go, found the game's sub-reddit guide.

Cleared all regular stages, back to grinding Meowth so I can tackle S-Ranks. Any of the newly added Pokémon worth training (aside from Zekrom)?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Freakin' hell, did 288 about 10 times in a row & STILL didn't catch the damn Pokemon despite constant 20% chances. You'd think an 1-in-5 chance would mean I would've gotten it by now.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
No, I don't have enough coins to use a Great Ball. I figured with how easy & quick the stage is to beat, I might as well not use the coins.

M-Sharpedo is a Dark-type equivalent of M-Slowbro.

Speaking of which, you don't think that M-Sceptile is going to have the same ability as M-Blaziken and M-Swampert, right?
I'm leaning towards no. Both Blaziken and Swampert have hitting streak and Vitality Drain is a pretty worthless ability. Most cases a poor ability is meant to be balanced by its Mega ability. But... Venasaur already has that ability and its Mega ability is a pretty fast evolving destructive power, they seem to favor having a balance between the same type. If one evolves fast the other is slower, if one destroys icons the other removes it. I don't know could go either way, I hope it's something different.

I wonder if we'll ever get another Mega Ability like Gengar with a different type?

I went all out and didn't even get a S-Rank. My Dragons aren't at a very high though. That's one thing I noticed is how under leveled my Dragon, Electric, Grass and Rock teams are on these latest stages.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, Kyurem is a TIMED Escalation Battle. Oh well, least I can earn some coins & items to help with the rest of the main stages.

Is Kyurem the only new thing today? That'd be nice as I still have a lot of Main stages to finish.

Repeat of Mega Sharpedo comp as well.

edit: Kyurem rewards according to reddit:

30 - 1 Time +10
40 - 1 Attack Power ↑
50 - 1 Mega Speedup
60 - 1 Exp. Points x1.5
70 - 1 Time +10
80 - 1 Disruption Delay
90 - 1 Mega Start
100 - 1 Mega Speedup
125 - 2000 Coins
150 - 1 Mega Speedup
175 - 2000 Coins
200 - 1 Mega Speedup
250 - 1 Mega Speedup
300 - 2 Mega Speedup

Don't see myself going higher than 50 tbh

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, just Kyurem & the repeat of Mega Sharpedo. Might just play until 100 or 150.

Least we finally got an Ice Pokemon with base attack 80.

also

Banned
I want those delicious Speedups so I will be aiming for lv. 300 but this basically guarantees that I won't be doing anything else, aside from Meowth grinding, for the next 2 weeks. I still have so many main stages to S rank and Pokemon to catch :/ Also really regret doing a full item run to S rank M-Rayquaza yesterday.

Robin64

That's a sexy amount of Mega Speedups, but oof, 300..
Guess I'll just see when I get bored or when it gets stupidly hard.

Forgot Kyurem was timed so I failed the first level after hitting "Start" and doing something else. It feels weird doing timed levels without disruptions and blocks.

The Speedup cutoff for Sharpedo in NA is 2000. Saw some M-Rayquaza scores earlier but have been replaced by M-Heracross.

daydream

Banned
beat deoxys so i'm on to the new stages, at last

you guys think deoxys is worth leveling up? i guess he's better than victini and maybe mewtwo (though mega stone makes him a bit indispensable)

MiTYH

Forgot Kyurem was timed so I failed the first level after hitting "Start" and doing something else. It feels weird doing timed levels without disruptions and blocks.

Give it time, around 40 the blocks start.

Just beat level 48 myself, which is fine because I heard 49/50 have bigger health. Been itemless so far, might have to change for 50. I'm aiming for 100, we'll see how much time i have to go higher than that

Ahnez

After countless hearts, finally found a Sharpedo

Just beat it because the first match caused a 30+ combo lol Also just captured thanks to super catch power

Now the mega stone, My best score was just around 15k.. Is it enough? :p

Koren

It's extremely frutrating to new users see these awesome event/special Pokémons being impossible to catch without an absurd grind of late stage Pokémons and a lot of coins.
I agree ^_^

AFAIK, the game just got released on EU Android store, and it feels a bit strange to see those events with no chance of success, if I'm not mistaken, advertised at startup...

also

Banned
Done lv 150. of the escalation battle; needed C-1, MS and DD. My team was M gengar, Delphox (for the pyre ability), Ho-oh and Heatran.
For Lv. 100 I used DD, Att+, and +10s and finished with 13s left.
I agree ^_^

AFAIK, the game just got released on EU Android store, and it feels a bit strange to see those events with no chance of success, if I'm not mistaken, advertised at startup...
Nope, it was up in EU from the start but it seems it wasn't available in Italy.

Razmos

The Pokémon safari is such a ridiculously bad idea. I must have spent over 100 hearts on it now and not encountered a single sharpedo, and then with the likely ridiculously low chance to catch it on top of that... Eurgh.

I played quite far on the 3DS version before quitiing when events showed up that required coins to beat, its so stupid that there is no way to transfer progress from the 3DS version to the mobile version as I had a lot of megas and strong Pokémon :(

But I can't go back to the tiny screen on my 3DS after playing this on a tablet. At least I started with a free Mewtwo, caught Kyurem and today captured Victini, so my stock of 80+ attack Pokémon is rising.

also

Banned
The Pokémon safari is such a ridiculously bad idea. I must have spent over 100 hearts on it now and not encountered a single sharpedo, and then with the likely ridiculously low chance to catch it on top of that... Eurgh.

I played quite far on the 3DS version before quitiing when events showed up that required coins to beat, its so stupid that there is no way to transfer progress from the 3DS version to the mobile version as I had a lot of megas and strong Pokémon :(

But I can't go back to the tiny screen on my 3DS after playing this on a tablet. At least I started with a free Mewtwo, caught Kyurem and today captured Victini, so my stock of 80+ attack Pokémon is rising.

Playing on a tablet will hurt your performance on the expert stages; bigger screen = takes longer to move the icons around.
It may have been available in places in Europe, but unless the research is really, really broken and has been repaired very recently, it still wasn't available in France in december.

(Edit) This seems to confirm it:
https://twitter.com/pokemon_shuffle?lang=fr
Quite unfair if it was a country issue (and why?)

My bad. I only saw Italy mentioned on the Shuffle subreddit so I thought the rest of EU already had it.
No idea why there was a delay for some of the countries.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Completed Lv. 150 of Kyurem with 4 seconds left with Time +10, DD, Mega Start, & Atk Up. Aside from stages 50, 100, & 150, it's been rather easy & haven't needed items.

Don't think I'm gonna bother with the Mega Sharpedo event since I already have him, I have 3 Mega Speedup candies, & I don't have the coins.

Razmos

All that time I spent looking for a sharpedo, I finally encounter one and I couldn't even beat it anyway, haha. Fuck the safari

Ondore

Finally caught and S-ranked everything up to 260. Wonder what they'll tell me to catch when I blow a Meowth stage now?

I'm good for a Speedup + Jewel in the Sharpedo comp and hit 50 on Kyruem so I'm good there. Guess it's just grinding coins to go after the new stages now.

Robin64

S-Ranked everything up to 299, and am now trying to take on Mega Rayquaza. Ouch! What the hell? I can't even beat this guy, let alone get a decent rank.

Forkball

So I've been playing this for a few days. It's pretty fun. It's a more simplistic take on those match three RPGs, which is more up my alley. I don't about fusing, or gatcha, or any of that junk. It still has a lot of challenge and diversity, and I think they've incorporated a lot of the Pokemon elements very well like typing and even Mega Evolutions. The Pokemon art is also pretty slick. The stamina system 100% blows though, especially coupled with some rather low catch rates. Even if you drop $40 for 87 moves, that's not a lot since there are 300 levels. Consider Nintendo's other F2P offerings are pretty generous and well-designed, seeing such a carbon copy of many other iOS F2P microtransaction schemes is lame.

So I've been playing this for a few days. It's pretty fun. It's a more simplistic take on those match three RPGs, which is more up my alley. I don't about fusing, or gatcha, or any of that junk. It still has a lot of challenge and diversity, and I think they've incorporated a lot of the Pokemon elements very well like typing and even Mega Evolutions. The Pokemon art is also pretty slick. The stamina system 100% blows though, especially coupled with some rather low catch rates. Even if you drop $40 for 87 moves, that's not a lot since there are 300 levels. Consider Nintendo's other F2P offerings are pretty generous and well-designed, seeing such a carbon copy of many other iOS F2P microtransaction schemes is lame.

Don't spend money on this game.

Kyurem seems like the easiest escalation battle ever. In the 80's now and with a non-MAX team and me messing up every combo, I still finish in 25-30 seconds. That said, 150 will be pushing it with only a week left so I'm going to stop at 100.

Chris1

Just reached stage 191. Pretty sure you need at least +10secs for these stages now. Will be stopping after 200 most likely.

Edit: Or maybe not, at least not without an ending combo. He still had a about 1-2k health left after moves +10 secs for me. Wondering if I should switch to a pyre team instead

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Kyurem got a lot more difficult at 190, a bit more annoying with freezing & more HP where I'm finishing with a MAX team (save for one Lv. 9 Pokemon) with 0 to 3 seconds left. Think this is a sign where I'll stop at 200. Though right now, it seems the only item I MIGHT need to resort to using is Time +10.

Chris1

Kyurem got a lot more difficult at 190, a bit more annoying with freezing & more HP where I'm finishing with a MAX team (save for one Lv. 9 Pokemon) with 0 to 3 seconds left. Think this is a sign where I'll stop at 200. Though right now, it seems the only item I MIGHT need to resort to using is Time +10.

What team you using?

Top Bottom