• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Mega Lucario (MAX, full Mega Speedups), Heatran (MAX), Dialga (MAX), & Tyranitar (Lv. 9, about 3/4th towards MAX).

I originally switched out Heatran for Ho-Oh (Lv. 8) so I could level him up but I need the extra attack power now.

Azuran

Banned
Reshiram and Shaymin Sky Forme can easily be beaten itemless. I don't like it. They're been way too nice to us this week..

Trying to experiment and see if adding in a slightly leveled Reshiram to my team for Kyurem escalation 201-240 is worth it, given the disruption. Not sure yet. Def stopping at 250 assuming i get there

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*catches Shaymin Sky Forme at 28% on 2nd attempt* YAY, I got lucky!

*Reshiram escapes from Great Ball after Super Catch Rate of 77%* UUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

Am I suppose to be beating Reshiram without items with about 2 to 5 moves left? I even gave Garchomp my 3 Mega Speedups, so he's all maxed out & my team is 2 lv. 8s & 2 lv. 9s, one with Eject & the other Barrier Bash+. Or should I be using a different Mega?

Need to keep newer players interested.

I love how, no matter what they do, someone always has some theory about what it means.

They release hard levels, it's to make people spend coins. They release easy levels, it's to keep people interested. They release loads of stuff, it's to get to the end quicker. They release not much, it's because they're running out of content. They repeat stuff, it's because etc etc.

Maybe the truth is that nothing really means anything :lol

This applies to both Pokémon Shuffle, and life in general, of course.

As an aside, holy shit, someone just posted in another thread that they didn't like Shuffle because you "lose a life" even if you beat a level. I didn't think anyone would think like that, so weird.

Loptous

As an aside, holy shit, someone just posted in another thread that they didn't like Shuffle because you "lose a life" even if you beat a level. I didn't think anyone would think like that, so weird.
Some mobile games do that, but you can be sure that if it was implemented in Shuffle, levels would be harder simply to counter it.
I really don't think it would be a positive for us.

Seriously

How do I beat Onix?

I don't care about S rank or even capturing it

I just want to get past it
I remember setting off Quake gave you enough time to open up the board to chain some combos. Bring both Groudon and Donphan to increase the odds of triggering Quake. The match is still very luck based when everything goes right.

Kyurem got a lot more difficult at 190, a bit more annoying with freezing & more HP where I'm finishing with a MAX team (save for one Lv. 9 Pokemon) with 0 to 3 seconds left. Think this is a sign where I'll stop at 200. Though right now, it seems the only item I MIGHT need to resort to using is Time +10.

I just got to 190, my team's been Charizard (MAX) /Gallade (7)/ Cobalion (6)/ Infernape (6). Just to give everyone the EXP points. I was going to switch in Mega Rayquaza soon as Charizard Maxed out but it just takes too long to evolve. I can MAX out his Speed Ups right now too just not sure if I want waste that many. I also just focused on Infernape to get him the crown everytime he started at Lvl 1 and caught up to Cobalion LVL 6 after 150-160 some levles.

I'm bringing Reshiram soon as I catch him, but I haven't found a team that stomps him yet. I've beaten him with Gengar, Garchomp, Swampert but not Blastoise who's Stabilize+ ability is the most useful. I don't have Garchomp sped up but he seems the best fit next to Tyrantar, Milotic, Palkia team

That's deep. No matter how much of your "life" you put into this game it's all pointless in the end.

Ahnez

I remember setting off Quake gave you enough time to open up the board to chain some combos. Bring both Groudon and Donphan to increase the odds of triggering Quake. The match is still very luck based when everything goes right.
Oh wow
Beat it with 0 moves left

I don't have Groudon, so I had to rely only on Donphan to delay it

Won just barely, because quake activated very close to the end

3 Great Balls spent to get Sky Shaymin and Reshiram.

Well, I'm thankful you can beat the stages without items, but I ain't got time to keep playing them before the ball snaps shut.

Looking forward to having my sparkly princess soon ^^

I cheaped out and refused a Great Ball on Shaymin at 92% super catch. Eventually caught it at 22%.

I could only beat Reshiram with Garchomp, Tyranitar (for Eject), Palkia (for Barrier Bash+), and Landorous (for power). Gengar and all-Water Swampert didn't work for me. Caught it at 3%.

Ondore

Grabbed an extra heart and used it to snag Shaymin-S at 24% with the only item being a Great Ball. Since I usually go all-in on these things, it was nice to save 7300 coins and now I can move farther through the post-260 stages on Sunday.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh my god, FINALLY, I caught Reshiram. Used Attack Power Up, was prepared to use a great ball but actually got him at 23%.

Now I can go back to focus on finishing up Kyurem then go back to grinding for coins for the final 8 stages of the main stages.

Nightbird

Been stuck for almost a week on Mega Glalie now. I even went and got myself Lucario in the meantime, but I still can't beat that floating face of doom.

114408-Fuck-Everything-gif-Imgur-fuck-nP75.gif

Seriously thinking about quitting that game -.-

Koren

I've been stuck on Mega-Mawile for half a week even with a 6 team (all with type advantage, except sableye), had to get Lucario and Charizard to beat it, and I still needed a couple attempts...

I'm awfully bad at Ex levels, or so I think...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Trying to level up so I can buy everything including C-1 for Kyurem level 200. Man, got a lot harder where I needed Time +10 or Attack Power Up for the last few levels.

Chris1

Trying to level up so I can buy everything including C-1 for Kyurem level 200. Man, got a lot harder where I needed Time +10 or Attack Power Up for the last few levels.
Honestly I just bought AP for the last 10 levels. Even with +10 secs I was either beating it with a second or two, or losing with a slither of health. Wasn't worth risking 800 coins so I just splashed out an extra 2.2k.

Kyurem level 200 wasn't too bad with all items, though I used Gengar not Lucario. Lucario didn't work good for me at all.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, Time +10 was fine until 197 or 198, then I powered up & was able to clear it with half the time left. I'll try Gengar, though. Almost have enough coins to get all items.

Hopefully this can be a repeat week so I can focus back on the main stages. I'm starting to see why they did a huge group of stages compared to 10.

Chris1

Yeah, Time +10 was fine until 197 or 198, then I powered up & was able to clear it with half the time left. I'll try Gengar, though. Almost have enough coins to get all items.

Hopefully this can be a repeat week so I can focus back on the main stages. I'm starting to see why they did a huge group of stages compared to 10.
Hoping for the same aswell, for the first time on Shuffle I had to use some of the jewels I had save up for 48K coins but now I'm back at about ~60k from farming, just going to keep farming Meowth until Tuesday, if it's a repeat I'll finish S-ranking/capturing and the new EX stages.

Knowing my luck Tuesday is going to bring an update that allows you to swap jewels for Speedups :(

Ondore

Spoilers for Tuesday:
- 300 stage Diancie escalation, move based, five speedups starting at 150 and the Diancite at 50
- Mega Abomasnow competition on 3ds, MBlastoise on mobile

Please understand.

Chris1

Spoilers for Tuesday:
- 300 stage Diancie escalation, move based, five speedups starting at 150 and the Diancite at 50
- Mega Abomasnow competition on 3ds, MBlastoise on mobile

Please understand.
the speedsup START at 150? am I reading this right?

Fuck that.

Ondore

the speedsup START at 150? am I reading this right?

Fuck that.

Yep.

Per Reddit:
Level Reward
10 5 HEARTS
20 5 HEARTS
30 M +5
40 DD
50 DIANCITE
60 M +5
70 EXP x1.5
80 DD
90 MS
100 JEWEL
130 10 HEARTS
150 MEGA SPEEDUP
180 10 HEARTS
200 MEGA SPEEDUP
250 MEGA SPEEDUP
300 2 MEGA SPEEDUPS

LOLDSFAN

Man haven't played this game in forever. Caught Shaymin after a couple goes. Had a super catch rate of 95% or so.

Reshiram on the other hand... I keep blowing all my money and I still haven't gotten him yet. :/

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
holy crap I beat level 200 Kyurem with ONE SECOND left. Back to getting coins so I can beat 292 & continue with the main stages.

Ondore

The low catch rates are starting to get to me. I think I used 55,000 coins today on just Great Balls going from Aron -> Florges and Mamoswine.

Stage On

The low catch rates are starting to get to me. I think I used 55,000 coins today on just Great Balls going from Aron -> Florges and Mamoswine.

Wait are you not resetting if the first great ball fails in order to not waste gold? I only use more then one for stuff like EX stage pokemon where I have to spend a bunch of money in order to beat the stage in the first place, stuff that's only available for a limited time or super rare safari pokeon

Also what precentage are you using them at? It's one thing to use it when you get like super catch and it goes up to like 70% precent or better but I don't normally risk it if it's under 50% unless I absolutely have to

Ondore

I pretty much only reset on the fixed pattern stages. I have a hard time letting go even if I used M+5. That, and I insisted that I'd get these done in one = bye bye coins.

Robin64

Oh crap, and I see a Shiny in there. (Magikarp/Gyarados).
Could be a one off to tie-in with the Gold/Silver ingame event, but who knows what floodgates could be opened.

Oh crap, and I see a Shiny in there. (Magikarp/Gyarados).
Could be a one off to tie-in with the Gold/Silver ingame event, but who knows what floodgates could be opened.

Shiny Rayquaza is in there too. Shiny's always seemed like the next an obvious means of milking the game til new pokemon are released. But it would be helpful having palette swapping options to avoid confusing similar colored types.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well, I already got Diancie from a previous event, so don't gotta worry about catching it. Will do the Mega event near the end with the coins & items I earn from this escalation battle.

Junahu

At least they're not doing all the Spinda variations. I guess I should be grateful they have some restraint.

Razmos

My jaw totally dropped when I saw that Diancie started summoning coins past level 20 as its first disruption, I'm getting 330 coins a level, that is nuts and I love it.

Chris1

Didn't even realize the update was out already.

Looks like M Rayquaza is doing work in the competition, 3 out of 5 top scores are using him.

ZeroX03

Banned
Furious. Spend 13300 or whatever coins on M-Rayquaza with a Gengar + dragon team and still lost. Didn't trigger a combo bigger than 5 or a Dancing Dragons once. Seems like impossibly bad luck. One of the worst runs I've ever had.

My jaw totally dropped when I saw that Diancie started summoning coins past level 20 as its first disruption, I'm getting 330 coins a level, that is nuts and I love it.

I believe it's only for stages 20-29, but it was enough where I was able to scoop 3000 coins with minimal effort.

I believe it's only for stages 20-29

It's a shame, those coins really made this escalation shit bearable for a while!

Few annoying ones where three coins spawned in a row and cost me 200 coins as well as leaving a coin there doing nothing, but still, nice to be earning coins outside Meowth for a change.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, once you finish 30, no more coins.

At 42 now, feeling like I should save my spare 10 hearts I got for the time being.

Top Bottom