• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Yeah, once you finish 30, no more coins.

At 42 now, feeling like I should save my spare 10 hearts I got for the time being.

I've got so much shit saved up I don't know why. I've got 16 jewels (just in case) and 40 hearts (just in case) and like, when am I ever going to need them?

A particularly evil safari, maybe, but I can't think of any other reason. They'll just sit there forever unused probably.

c-murph

who is looking forward to the unown safari?

kxyQ4D4.png

Oh, me too! I hope they have 26 descending values with the lowest being a 0.025% chance of appearance!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Diancie 50 completed (used Atk Pw+, DD, & Mega Start), Mega ability seems....okay?
Erases up to 10 Pokemon covered by a barrier
, can take 6 Mega Speedups.

Playing these stages makes me wish for a better Mega steel Pokemon, Mawile is only attack 70 at MAX, & Steelix's ability isn't that useful unless there's iron blocks.

Chris1

Stage 90+ is annoying with the metal blocks. Gengar isn't great and mawile takes too long to evolve. Takes some luck to beat the stage

Oxx

Once again the accommodation wifi is not cooperating with the 3DS.

Goodbye daily coins, goodbye cool Pokemon, goodbye contests.

Once again the accommodation wifi is not cooperating with the 3DS.

Goodbye daily coins, goodbye cool Pokemon, goodbye contests.

Can't you tether to your mobile?

Beat M-Ray with 11 moves left, a final move combo just being enough to take it down in time! Used an all-dragon team which was basically a waste of time in the end because Dancing Dragons activated like twice in 16 moves. The lightning really saved me when the disruptions started though so may have been a better choice than Gengar in the end.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Stage 90+ is annoying with the metal blocks. Gengar isn't great and mawile takes too long to evolve. Takes some luck to beat the stage
I switched over to Steelix with Jirachi using Mega Boost+ a while back & pretty much have no issues. But I'm also using a MAX Dialga & everyone else is lv. 8. I'm almost at 140 at the moment.

Now have 20 spare hearts, might use those for quickly grinding for coins from Meowth to ensure I get a Mega Stone from the competition this weekend since I'm still at stage 292.

Razmos

Spent ages building up enough coins and levelling up my Pokémon to attempt mega blastoise with both items.

But then I got absolutely terrible luck with combos and got barely any score at all, so now I'm just short of the 80,000 goal to get the blastoisite and now have no coins for another attempt, I absolutely knew I'd end up wasting the coins, sigh.

Might end up having to buy a couple of jewels

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Damn, Diancie 141 gets more annoying with ice blocks now & having more HP, had to switch to Mega Mawile.

3 times in a row, I got lucky & cleared the stages with 0 moves left. All depends on where the ice blocks are made & if I can get Mega evolved in time.

Might stop at 150, perhaps. I have 20 spare hearts now, not sure if it'll be worth getting to 200.

What teams are you using for Mega Abomasnow? I tried (itemless) all-Fire Blaziken, Gengar+Pyre, and Diancie+Optimize for kicks. All-Fire got me the highest score. Should I bring Reshiram?

Not going past 50 on Diancie. Didn't get Attack Power and lost with a sliver of health, so I had to do it again. Wasted 1300 coins and 1 heart.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmmm, going to 180 gives you another 10 hearts. That miiiigghhhhttt be tempting, but I need to get the coins to get items to beat 150 first. Though I should probably focus on the Mega Event first so I can secure the stone, then go back to focus on Diancie. Really need to finish up the rest of the main stages as well.

What teams are you using for Mega Abomasnow? I tried (itemless) all-Fire Blaziken, Gengar+Pyre, and Diancie+Optimize for kicks. All-Fire got me the highest score. Should I bring Reshiram?

I had a look at the leaderboards and the best Mega appears to be DItto, so go with that.

I'm 12,000th itemless with Lucario, it doesn't seem like a very competitive contest.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, subtracting the Moves +5, I made a whopping 8,200 coins today. Easily the best I've done in quite some time.

Guess I'll do a full item run on Mega Abomasnow with Mega Blaziken & a fire team.

Edit: 57,472, which puts me at......774? WOW, that's a lot higher than I was expecting. Guess that Mega Speedup is secured.

This escalation has been interesting for sure. Steelix has come in handy for itemless 71-99 and 101-140. Managed to get him to MAX level during, using Jirachi to help evolve him. M Diance (who was already maxed) has been useful for itemless 141-149. Might use it for 245-249 and 295-299 but with some item help. Otherwise it's just another example of how beastly M Gengar is (along with Dialga, Cobalion, and Muk). Boss stages swap in Mawile for Gengar and load up on a variable array of items. 200, 250, and 300, def full item runs. Not the toughest 5 speedups ever, and the massive load of hearts plus a juicy jewel along the way are sweet icing

daydream

Banned
the escalation battle has been trash if you're just interested in the mega stone. basically a waste of fifty hearts and the coins needed for lvl. 50. the trend to scale down the item rewards between 1-50 is a bad one

Ondore

Aaaargh, just couldn't keep coins enough to touch stage 300 yet. S'd and caught the first 299, but I want to make sure I get MegaRay done right, so some Meowth sessions are in order before I plow him and the ensuing PorygonZ.

...if there's main stages Tuesday, I may not know what to do with myself. (Hopefully Manaphy comes along for the anniversary, I still need him.)

Razmos

Mega Diancie's mega effect is so satisfying to pull off, I just used it against Gengar (and finally caught the sod!) and it was so cool.

Hadn't had a chance to try Mega Abomasnow until today, but I managed to score 50K with a Mega Ray team. Hope that's enough for the Mega Speed Up (last competition I missed it for the first time in a long time).

the escalation battle has been trash if you're just interested in the mega stone. basically a waste of fifty hearts and the coins needed for lvl. 50. the trend to scale down the item rewards between 1-50 is a bad one

1- lvl 50 can be done itemless (not that easily though)
2- you only need to use 40 hearts as they give you 10 on the road to lvl 50
3- the DD and Moves +5 they give you before getting to 50 make 50 almost trivial

Azuran

Banned
Some of the stages in Roseus Center are insanely hard and stupid. I finally manage to beat Exploud after giving up and spending a bunch of coins on pretty much every item only to find out Deoxys is even harder.

At least let me have small moment of reprieve before breaking me again D:

CassSept

Some of the stages in Roseus Center are insanely hard and stupid. I finally manage to beat Exploud after giving up and spending a bunch of coins on pretty much every item only to find out Deoxys is even harder.

At least let me have small moment of reprieve before breaking me again D:

261-300 are mostly much fairer than dozens of stages before. When they introduced 10 stages at a time they could have afforded them being significantly harder (oh and they constantly went overboard there), but when they added 40 stages at once the balance was handled much better.

daydream

Banned
1- lvl 50 can be done itemless (not that easily though)
2- you only need to use 40 hearts as they give you 10 on the road to lvl 50
3- the DD and Moves +5 they give you before getting to 50 make 50 almost trivial

1. 'not easily' is right
2. doesn't really help with anything as you just burn through them. 40 is still a lot
3. not if you get unlucky. i lost those and had to pay for a full new round of items
4. therefore i was in the red, coin-wise
5. no item surplus like usual after 50
6. no new pokemon, all this for just its mega stone (i.e. could have been a regular m-stage)

i mean, it's not a big deal but c'mon

261-300 are mostly much fairer than dozens of stages before. When they introduced 10 stages at a time they could have afforded them being significantly harder (oh and they constantly went overboard there), but when they added 40 stages at once the balance was handled much better.

The stages may have been easier, but the catch rates dropped off a cliff. Almost nothing offered higher than 25% even for an s-rank.

CassSept

The stages may have been easier, but the catch rates dropped off a cliff. Almost nothing offered higher than 25% even for an s-rank.

That's true, I'm at 39 S-ranks and barely above 20 Pokemon caught.

I really hope we get at least one more week before next major update. 40 new stages, 2 escalation battles, a competition, there really was a lot to do recently.

I really hope we get at least one more week before next major update. 40 new stages, 2 escalation battles, a competition, there really was a lot to do recently.

Gotta expect this week to be the "first anniversary" update, though, so I'd expect a lot.

And probably a free jewel. THANKS FOR PLAYING.

time to finally bring the latest mobile features to the 3ds version, how about it

"We heard you, 3DS players! You wanted features from the mobile version, so today's update includes:

The ability to spend two hearts on one level
Rocks in the Meowth level
Reduced coin prizes in each level

We hope you enjoy these great new features and continue to support Pokémon Shuffle."

I'm only up to Spritzee on the main levels, and that's just beating them, not even catching and S-ranking. With expert stages I'm up to Virizion and unlocked up to Bisharp.

I'm not even sitting on a mountain of gold: 40k which will be used up for Abomasnow later.

I really don't care if there are more main stages haha.

Fewr

"We heard you, 3DS players! You wanted features from the mobile version, so today's update includes:

The ability to spend two hearts on one level
Rocks in the Meowth level
Reduced coin prizes in each level

We hope you enjoy these great new features and continue to support Pokémon Shuffle."

Looking forward to that. It'd make me finally quit the game.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, WTF at 293 & getting an S-rank. I played itemless, got about 4 moves left. Did Mega Start, DD, & Moves +5, & I do WORSE with only 3 moves left.

Least 294 only took a 2nd attempt itemless thanks to being 3 Pokemon, plus I'm almost done with the rest of the main stages (need to catch 292 & S-rank 290 at the moment, at 295).

Ondore

13 moves left on Mega Ray, went all in, need to finish on 12 for S, need to make up 2200 points... and pull off a 17 hit, three MegaLatios proc, 5000 point combo. AW YISS

Now I just have to build coins for PorygonZ (still suck at timed stages) and I'll be done all of the content from the 40 stage dump).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Freakin' hell at 296, I was SOOOO close to beating it itemless but a sliver of life left prevented me from clearing it.

Also hell no at using Mega Glalie instead of Gengar for that stage.

CassSept

Eh, I needed one more week to catch up and this massive update hits. Shame.

Really tempted by the free jewel offer. To be fair, I did put an absolute ton of time into the game so putting some money into the game wouldn't be too bad.

Beedrill is easy to beat but has a low catch rate and is disappointing once you do catch it.

Typed this post up while waiting for a combo to finish.

Top Bottom