• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Azuran

Banned
This Safari is amazing. I got Kadabra 3 times and got 2400 coins in total.

Good stuff if you're lucky enough not to kill him quickly.

Jesus, so they added 50 stages like it's fucking nothing. I was only missing one S-Rank but several uncaught so I'm not sure how to feel about this.

a hot heaping load of new content all over our pokechests... jeez. Safari aint bad though. only one mon at 2% and decent coin grinding opportunities

Got Alakazam on my second heart, heh. The correct initial move on that stage is to swap the bottom-rightmost available token with the one above it, assuming the stage is always the same. (In my case this meant swapping an Alakazam token with different Pokemon to clear two groups of four).

Robin64

Damn, what an update. Though with shinies and alt expressions appearing in datamining, it's not a huge surprise. Gonna be going for sooooo long.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
omg there's a safari AND even more main stages?

Freakin' hell, I still need to beat stage 300. I'm so damn tempted to just buy jewels so I can S-rank & catch the last few Pokemon I need.

Chris1

I'm not even up to date yet and they go and put out another 50 odd stages?

FFS. Feel like I'll never be up to date again at the rate they're adding pokemon lol

Robin64

I was expecting some quirk with Abra, given how in the mainline games a wild one always opens with Teleport.

Funny how they call Beedrill "powerful", then you catch it and it turns out to have 50 60 power.

Funny how they call Beedrill "powerful", then you catch it and it turns out to have 50 power.

I thought it was a base 60? The whole benefit is its going to be a Mega to go against Fairy types with a non-garbage special ability (Mawile is bad and Steely Resolve is terrible).

Robin64

Mawile is great, the removals always lead to good combos. Don't hate Mawile. :(

Also, the Mega-Charizard X competition will run from Feb 23rd to March 1st.

Ondore

So in other words, only Great Ball the 3rd evos.

50 stages, a 7 mon Safari (thank Arceus it's a 3 Pokemon one again), 3 expert stages, Beedrill, Gyarados next week - am I missing anything? 62 new Pokemon in this update? (Also, we're going to get the answer of what happens when a Pokemon has two Megas: both of the X Megas are in here. Mega Mewtwo X is 350, and there's a Charizardite X competition next week.)

EndMerit

Eesh, I was able to keep up with main and special stages during the last update, but didn't have time and coins to catch&S-rank all stages or clear expert ones. And 50 more main stages already!? They really want people to buy those jewels, but at least they're releasing more than enough content to justify it.

What's up with that one coin in Oddish stage? Does the stage spawn more coins during last turns?

LOLDSFAN

Got Alakazam on my second heart, heh. The correct initial move on that stage is to swap the bottom-rightmost available token with the one above it, assuming the stage is always the same. (In my case this meant swapping an Alakazam token with different Pokemon to clear two groups of four).
Yup that was the correct move for me too.

daydream

Banned
confirming my suspicion that they're trying to wrap this baby up this year

any team suggestions for the safari?

edit: gengar/genesect/heracross seems to make sense to me

Robin64

So the way you pick between Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Mewtwo Y is that they are just two seperate icons in the Pokémon selection. But, of course, you can't have both on the team.

ZeroX03

Banned
So the new plan is to overload us with content rather than ramp up the difficulty? Better of two evils I suppose.

You've got me tempted to do that 6+6 jewels TPC, but I really don't think I'm going to stick with the game if these shinies and alts are going to be a thing.

Robin64

Seems I don't have a Mega that's super effective against electric types. Wonder what I missed that would cover that..

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Phew, I already got Vileplume on my 3rd Safari attempt today. Didn't even need a great ball. Now hopefully I can get lucky again with Alakazam.

Also, the Mega-Charizard X competition will run from Feb 23rd to March 1st.

I was thinking of speeding up Mawile because I use it so often. But with Jirachi tied to its hip it's probably not necessary.

Hopefully Abomosnow and Beedrill get their own Mega Boost+ support. Otherwise they will be stuck on the bench with Lopunny, Audino and the like.

SaintZ

I've only catched Gloom and Vileplume. I got a super catch chance with Taurus at 100% but chose to not use a Great Ball. I hope I do not regret it.

I like Mawile, but the damage is weak and the special ability is literally worthless. I'd take an extra 10bap and rock smash over Mawiles probably better mega effect (not sure what Beedrills is supposed to be) any day.

On that Alakasam grind... -_-

need to wrap that sucker up so I can get back to coin grinding and finishing my lvl 300 escalation run. I suppose at some point I can put the safari on hold if I must since there's 13 days left, also it's kiiiiind of giving me some coins. I'm not using Gengar just so I can try to limit the combos to large but not lethal (for Oddish/Kadabra coin spawns)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Seeing as the bonus 6 jewel offer is back, I might just give in & take advantage of that so I can play catch up/beat stage 300.

Finally got Abra, now I just need to see Alakazam & I'll be done with the safari.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn Beedrill. Just caught that fucker after 50+ hearts wasted.

It's ridiculous, I've beaten Abra easily over 20 times and still didn't catch him. Buckle up man, it's gonna be a looong ride.

Man, I just finally caught a Kadabra at 24%. Almost caved when I hit Max catch rate earlier.

Still haven't encountered a single Alakazam or Vileplume tho. Shit is tragic.

Should have looked into Lvl 200 before spending money. I usually do just to see the disruption patterns but this time I was like there haven't been any other pokemon added as disruptions no need to spend money on a Complexity. Lost all that money then still lost going all out the second time and I had to spend a jewel. (I always forget I have those but I'm glad I remembered)

I'm done, no more Diancie.

On to the safari were I can't catch a single thing. But I'm more interested in those coins.

OmegaX

This safari is weird. I already caught Alakazam and Vileplume with a great ball each but Kadabra, Oddish, Gloom, and Tauros refuse to be caught.

Top Bottom