• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

I wonder if Nintendo's data was detailed enough that they could see people were far more likely to spend money on great balls than they were on items, so they're focussing their attention there now. Easier fights, shittier catch rates.

When was the last time anyone saw a 50% catch rate without a great ball? Or 40% even?

Chris1

I wonder if Nintendo's data was detailed enough that they could see people were far more likely to spend money on great balls than they were on items, so they're focussing their attention there now. Easier fights, shittier catch rates.

When was the last time anyone saw a 50% catch rate without a great ball? Or 40% even?

It's 2016.. Data is everything these days. I wouldn't be surprised if they had data on everything imaginable. Someone reaches a hard stage then go to the jewel shop and consider buying them? They can probably tell when you do that too, as well as how difficult the stage was that tempted you into buying it etc.

Everything these big companies do will be based around the data they collect & they will play against it to make you out as a fool.

Razmos

Weird, the battle competition rankings for Mega Blastoise in the mobile version have been calculated, but the only message that showed up was the word "Gift" twice, and I got 3 jewels

Azuran

Banned
Weird, the battle competition rankings for Mega Blastoise in the mobile version have been calculated, but the only message that showed up was the word "Gift" twice, and I got 3 jewels

Same here. Hopefully they don't take them back because they obviously screwed up.

Ondore

There was an unspecified issue with the distribution; players got an extra Jewel in apology.

---

Phione didn't take this long in the Safari, the only one who did was Camerupt. If I don't get Alakazam by my lunch hour, we'll have a new record. I just want to get back to the cat...

New 3DS passcode for 5,000 coins: 20150218

Is this last year's code they forgot to release, or something?

I feel like I'm almost done with this game. I started playing main stages and was like "I can't be fucked with this," so I scrolled to Meowth to grind coins instead, went to choose my team and was like "I can't be fucked with this either" and loaded something else.

I'll probably keep checking in and doing event stuff but yeah, the main stages just aren't doing it for me any more and knowing that there are 50 ahead of me, each as shit as the last, is not something I find tempting.

Chris1

Is this last year's code they forgot to release, or something?

I feel like I'm almost done with this game. I started playing main stages and was like "I can't be fucked with this," so I scrolled to Meowth to grind coins instead, went to choose my team and was like "I can't be fucked with this either" and loaded something else.

I'll probably keep checking in and doing event stuff but yeah, the main stages just aren't doing it for me any more and knowing that there are 50 ahead of me, each as shit as the last, is not something I find tempting.
Yeah unleashing all these stages at once is really off putting. I'm probably about 70 main stages behind and I've just been grinding meowth all day. Some of them just need catching and others just need S ranked but it's just too much. Still haven't unlocked two special stages that were added during the last set either.

I know they won't disappear so it's not a big deal but it's really overwhelming having so many stages added.

Razmos

Finally encountered Alakazam again, beat him in one move and failed the capture at 37%, but then I got a super catch rate bringing it up to 100%. Don't mind if I do, since it means I never have to do that again.

Managed to catch the last one in the Safari yesterday (Gloom). Tried to pick up on the main stages where I left off (Mime Jr.) but it's still pretty much impossible so I'm going back to older stages trying to S rank and catch Pokemon I missed.

Ondore

FINALLY got Alakazam on heart 160. (That's eight sets of 5 for each of the last four days). 2% catch rate my shiny metal ass.

ZeroX03

Banned
Still haven't seen a Vileplume or Alakazan after 100 or so attempts. Haven't even touched the new batch, and there's still a few S ranks left to get on the last batch.

Game is really getting on my nerves now. I'd have easily spent money on it too if it had a better business model.

Still haven't seen a Vileplume or Alakazan after 100 or so attempts. Haven't even touched the new batch, and there's still a few S ranks left to get on the last batch.

Game is really getting on my nerves now. I'd have easily spent money on it too if it had a better business model.

Yeah, that's my biggest problem with the game, the way Safaris are set up. If it weren't random but progress based like the main stages or just higher percentages for the stronger Pokes I'd be way happier about them. I still remember missing Manaphy the first time around
stopit.png

And I swear, I wouldn't be surprised if the RNG was rigged. These catch rates are looking funny under the light.
full

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
omg got another attempt going while leaving work, FINALLY got Alakazam to appear, & despite clearing it with 0 moves left, was able to catch him without the use of a great ball.

Probably will do more Meowth stages until weekend Meowth, then will attempt stage 300 so I can finally go back to doing main stages.

So I just encountered Vileplume for the first time after 65 hearts... And it escaped from a golden chance Great Ball (90% catch rate)

Pray for me, GAF ;_;

Chris1

Almost done with main stages up to 300, two more to catch then I can dig into the 50 new stages.

Any idea what next weeks update will bring? wouldn't mind a repeat week to catch up.

There is no strategy to get coins in Alakazam. By the time you're in an 11+ combo shit is basically out of control and half the time it won't stop, the other half the time you're very unlikely to follow it with a 22+ combo which then also stops in time.

CassSept

New stages are terrible. The quantity and catch rates of the previous update with the frustration of the earlier updates. Too much.

Loptous

Just complaining here so as to increase the odds of seeing Alakazam

There is no strategy to get coins in Alakazam. By the time you're in an 11+ combo shit is basically out of control and half the time it won't stop, the other half the time you're very unlikely to follow it with a 22+ combo which then also stops in time.
I think you could set non-super effective mons to have better odds at least

Azuran

Banned
Everything post Deoxys has been a completely cakewalk I'm scared I'm going to hit a wall soon. I made it from Aron all the way through Porygon without any problems at all. Reshiram has been so good with all the bug types that love spamming barriers.

oti

Banned
I haven't defeated Mega Gengar for a week now and I think I'm just gonna uninstall this. Was fun while it lasted but now it's just a chore.

Chris1

I haven't defeated Mega Gengar for a week now and I think I'm just gonna uninstall this. Was fun while it lasted but now it's just a chore.

Buy items, you should have enough coins? if not use the code for 5k coins 20150218 and farm meowth (stage 37) for a bit, you should be able to get 330 coins each meowth battle every time with the occasional 530 (or nearly every time if you're good enough)

Unless you're on mobile.. in that case, I won't try to stop you from quitting, that version of the game is a money grabbing piece of shit.

If you do continue playing...
Good luck on Glalie lmao. Gengar is a cake walk compared to that son of a bitch.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yay, finally got enough S-ranks for EX 35. Now I just need to capture & S-rank 299 & I'll be caught up to stage 300.

Wish I had a bit of a better S-rank guide since the guy who originally did it on Reddit retired from making them. The new guides are okay, but some of them, I feel like can be really off at times ("nah, you don't need items" when I get a really bad run).

CassSept

Yay, finally got enough S-ranks for EX 35. Now I just need to capture & S-rank 299 & I'll be caught up to stage 300.

Wish I had a bit of a better S-rank guide since the guy who originally did it on Reddit retired from making them. The new guides are okay, but some of them, I feel like can be really off at times ("nah, you don't need items" when I get a really bad run).

You can use this one and mix up strategies.

But don't worry, these stages are nothing compared to 300+, these new ones are hot bs.

Oddish is even worse. Never been able to get coins from it.

CassSept

Christ, did they screw with the engine in the last update. I'm not getting combos like, at all. I barely beat Pansage on the last move and it's a pretty regular 3-pokemon stage. Nothing that should give anyone trouble. And I didn't get a single combo over 20. How.

JoeM86

Christ, did they screw with the engine in the last update. I'm not getting combos like, at all. I barely beat Pansage on the last move and it's a pretty regular 3-pokemon stage. Nothing that should give anyone trouble. And I didn't get a single combo over 20. How.

I only seem to get combos on the final move nowadays

JoeM86

Just beat Mega Mewtwo X on my Japanese game.

Still plugging along on my English one since it took forever to get Alakazam in the Safari

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
2500 coins :-( That's what I get for trying out Gengar for the first time in forever instead of Banette. Forgive me Banette-sama :-((

MiTYH

This Kadabra stage is nuts. Up to 21000 coins, the most I've ever had, thanks to just that stage. Mobile, so it limits it to 1000, but it's still got a good appearance rate

LOLDSFAN

Wasted 17,600 coins on Roserade and I still haven't S ranked it!!!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Just managed to barely beat it with 0 moves left. I don't see how I can get S if a full item run + mostly maxed out Pokemon can't do it.

At least I can start hitting the rest of the Pokemon after 250 now.

Top Bottom