• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
This is the first time I'm struggling with a safari. One week in and Alakazam hasn't shown up. Burning five hearts with just quitting out every time (except for Kadabra) just ain't fun :|

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So when the heck do you get the bonus 6 jewels for buying certain bundles of jewels? Says something about checking Tuesday for eligibility.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ah, so I should get them tomorrow, then.

Should've brought enough coins to use a great ball, I missed out on Gyarados at 57%.

MiTYH

Really curious about what this Fast Match challenge is about with Mega Venusaur

Apparently it was implemented to combat Shuffle Move. You get a 1.5x bonus if you make a move within 4 seconds of your last. Pausing stops the effect

EDIT: Also, Chespin is actually helpful in the Gyarados stage. It disrupts with Chespins

Junahu

Why on earth does Gyarados disrupt with Chespin, and not Magikarp? This was clearly supposed to be a "reason to catch Magikarp" stage that encourages players to push through the new stages.

Are they being random just for the sake of being random?

That feeling when you accidentally activate Shaymin's Sleep Charm on the Gyarados stage.

I think I'll need items. Can't beat him with Ampharos, Venusaur, or Gengar.

Why on earth does Gyarados disrupt with Chespin, and not Magikarp? This was clearly supposed to be a "reason to catch Magikarp" stage that encourages players to push through the new stages.

Are they being random just for the sake of being random?

I guess they will save that for the Shiny Red Gyarados stage when everyone has Magikarp? That would suck having to plow your way to through 30, 40 however many levels you're behind in just to catch Gyarados.

Ondore

OK, getting a Gyarados at 81% WITHOUT a Great Ball means they kind of have to be letting up on the catch rates a bit.

(Granted, I went DD/AP+/MS to finish in 7 moves, but still!)

CassSept

OK, getting a Gyarados at 81% WITHOUT a Great Ball means they kind of have to be letting up on the catch rates a bit.

(Granted, I went DD/AP+/MS to finish in 7 moves, but still!)

I'm nearing the end of UD and I caught less than 15 Pokemon so far.

Anniversary update was a mess, a terrible update focusing on everything that's wrong about the game.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That feeling when you completely forget about stage 303's layout & are completely screwed because you can't remove the ice due to Distortion Delay.

Great way to waste my coins from the bonus 6 jewels I got....

I just ended up tossing a Great Ball at Abra to not bother with the Safari anymore.

I take back what I said about the Sleep Charm on Gyarados. Activate it as often as possible. Finally beat it with 5 moves left itemless and though I needed a Great Ball it was still cheaper than an Attack Power.

daydream

Banned
2%. Please tell me y'all aren't plowing every heart you get into it...

the alternative is to delete the game (unless you wanna gamble and hope for a better catch rate on the rerun). everyone here is playing to catch'em all, i don't see any other reason to bother

good luck to those still going at it. i still have nightmares about phione so i can empathise

stolin

Alakazam finally caught... I was hitting the Safari with all 5 hearts at least 4-6 times a day since the beginning. In the mix I also used 30 banked hearts from StreetPasses.

Overall this was the toughest Safari to complete by far. They should really take into account the total number of hearts used on the Safari to adjust the appearance rates over attempts.

Fewr

For the Mega Charizard X competition, I did a full item run using the Latios/as that does the random pattern, Dragonite, and Rayquaza. Managed to keep a combo going the whole time (95 or so combo, 58,176pts).

Got to 550 in the ranking and I'm now at 775.

EDIT: All max level.

MiTYH

My ranking has dropped to 50k now for Venasaur. Might have to give it another go to ensure I get the stone. Bah.

On the plus side, Kadabra farming has me at over 50k coins. The most I've ever had. Good to S-rank, what, 5 stages? BAH!

EDIT: 60k now.

Razmos

My ranking has dropped to 75,000 for Mega Venusaur, probably going to drop below 80,000 within the last 6 hours, great.

I used all my coins for that stage but got literally no combos at all the entire stage

Stage On

#$%^ Just barely got edged out on the Mega Charizard X competition despite having done an all item run.

Feels bad knowing I essentially wasted so many coins especially when I'm going to have to wait a long while before he rolls around again

LOLDSFAN

#$%^ Just barely got edged out on the Mega Charizard X competition despite having done an all item run.

Feels bad knowing I essentially wasted so many coins especially when I'm going to have to wait a long while before he rolls around again
I did two item runs minus the -C and didn't get the Mega Stone either. :/

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Aw yeah, caught Kabutops at over 80%!!

*base attack 60*

Aaaannnddd not gonna bother using him

Otherwise, repeat Machomp & Darkrai escalation battle events.

Ondore

Omas... excuse me, Lord Helix's final form next week along with a shot at a usable Mega Charizard if you missed it.

I like these quiet weeks since I'm not bothering to go for the Darkrai escalation until I'm done these main stages.

How though?! What was your score?

You guys had me worried! I played with just ATK+ on the first day and figured I was fine so never checked it again, but then y'all started putting doubts in my mind today. Did I do enough?!

Just got to check in, 11,000th. No probs.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I ranked....2155, I think? Any case, I might skip the escalation battle this time around & just stick with farming coins on Meowth. Still not even at the halfway point for the new stages.

I tried Pixie Power but couldn't keep a combo going (plus Togekiss and Togetic look really similar), so I just went with the standard full-item run using Gengar and placed in the 2100's.

Stage On

How though?! What was your score?

Can't remember my score but I ranked 19,032 so I was pretty close to getting the stone in the end. Can't believe I fell an entire 8000+ ranks in just one day, and hear I thought sitting at around 11,000 at late sunday was more then enough breathing room

I ranked....2155, I think? Any case, I might skip the escalation battle this time around & just stick with farming coins on Meowth. Still not even at the halfway point for the new stages.

Yeah I'm still at stage 290 so I've got quite a bit of main stages to go not to mention all the ex stages I haven't touched. Plus I ended up blowing coins on Kabutops so I'd like to top back up again.

Think I'm just going to go to level 50 for the mega speed up since I suck at getting them from the competitions and need all of them that I can get. I'd love to go for 100 to get a second speed up but I'm already behind enough as it is.

Fewr

Finally got Mega Rayquaza, and I'm sitting on 20 mega speedups. Is it worth spending that many on it? Will it be useful for the 50 stages I've got left to do? How about competitions or weekend events?

Ondore

It depends on how often you think you'll use it. Having tried Mega Starting with it a few times going through the main stages it's powerful but I still kinda prefer Gengar. Maybe I'm weird like that.

Basically, is 2000 coins a shot (assuming 3DS prices) worth spreading the candies to others?

Charizard Y repeat contest and Omastar today. Used ATK+ on Omastar because I played it three times and got it down to 5% health three times and was bored of it by then. Caught it without a great ball so I probably came out even considering what the catch rate would have been at 0-1 moves left or something.

433 points on Charizard, confident.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Phew, just one new Pokemon. I'm about halfway through the newest stages, but need to grind for coins still. Also running out of Pokemon again to level up while playing the Meowth stage over & over & over & over & over & over & over &....

Top Bottom