• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Orgen

Got Omastar and now I'm stuck with Golurk (stage number 340). I'm seeing that Mamoswine is recommended but I don't have it yet :|

Maybe I should do a whole ítem run to beat it (but I don't want to spend a lot of coins to beat it).

How many S-ranks do I need to get Mamoswine?

Ondore

My god, a quiet week. Since I S'd Mega Mewtwo X last night (yisss) I just have Arcanine and Omastar, plus maybe putting in a score for CharizardY.
But brace yourselves... New stages probably next week.

How many S-ranks do I need to get Mamoswine?

280. If you're not that close I'd do M5+DD+Mega Start a Rayquaza.

My god, a quiet week. Since I S'd Mega Mewtwo X last night (yisss) I just have Arcanine and Omsdtar, plus maybe putting in a score for CharizardY.
But brace yourselves... New stages probably next week.

Having stopped at 300, I won't even notice new stages. They can add as many as they want :lol

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Aw, an actual reason to bring Pikachu, that's sweet.

Fewr

It depends on how often you think you'll use it. Having tried Mega Starting with it a few times going through the main stages it's powerful but I still kinda prefer Gengar. Maybe I'm weird like that.

Basically, is 2000 coins a shot (assuming 3DS prices) worth spreading the candies to others?

Thanks.

Hmm... I'm leaning towards the "you only live once" mentality, and besides, I tried it once and it feels like a pseudo-complexity -1, just like gengar although this could be a bit more useful since it gets rid of different pokemon (thus, generating free matches) and sometimes disruption pokemon too.

Chris1

20 MS aren't worth it for Rayquaza imo.. there's always Gengar or Mega Start as an alternative.

Then again I have 22 mega speedups and I haven't bothered with the current escalation battle and don't know what else to use them on.

Omastar was pretty doable itemless but if you want a decent catch rate bring Attack Power, which basically cancels out the Great Ball you'd have to lose.

Not sure if I want to try for Darkrai level 100 (just passed 55). I'm only up to Deoxys on the main stages and haven't caught any Expert Pokemon past Terrakion.

If they do finish the Pokedex by 2017 (barring Sun/Moon) I could be playing this game for years.

Omastar was pretty doable itemless but if you want a decent catch rate bring Attack Power, which basically cancels out the Great Ball you'd have to lose.

Not sure if I want to try for Darkrai level 100 (just passed 55). I'm only up to Deoxys on the main stages and haven't caught any Expert Pokemon past Terrakion.

If they do finish the Pokedex by 2017 (barring Sun/Moon) I could be playing this game for years.

Yeah caught Omastar at 9% after three hearts and I passed on a Super catch after the first heart.

You'll need coins to pass lvl 75 on Darkrai, it's strange but I guess since you don't need them on lvl 50 they got make you spend them somewhere.

20 MS aren't worth it for Rayquaza imo.. there's always Gengar or Mega Start as an alternative.

Then again I have 22 mega speedups and I haven't bothered with the current escalation battle and don't know what else to use them on.

I'm reluctant to spend that many on him but I don't know what else to use them on. Garchomp? I still regret speeding up Banette and that was only 8 MSU.

CassSept

I used several candies on Garchomp and it's pretty sweet. It's super effective against 5 types, the effect is quite versatile for removing disruptions, Garchomp itself is quite strong and with just a few candies you can see a huge difference.

So far I've went with Gengar, Blaziken and Garchomp and I don't regret it.

Okay, I've started playing this while I've got down time at work, but I don't really know a good way to earn coins anymore.

For a while I would just jump into Safari Zone and hope for Gloom or Kadabra, since they were getting me like 1000+ coins a run, but now that that is gone, I don't know what to do.

Am I missing something?

(Currently sitting at the Milotic stage with 142/154 pokemon)

pHand

Okay, I've started playing this while I've got down time at work, but I don't really know a good way to earn coins anymore.

For a while I would just jump into Safari Zone and hope for Gloom or Kadabra, since they were getting me like 1000+ coins a run, but now that that is gone, I don't know what to do.

Am I missing something?

(Currently sitting at the Milotic stage with 142/154 pokemon)

Meowth, Stage 37. You can pretty consistently get 330 coins, and occasionally 530, on the 3DS version. The stage works a little differently on mobile, however, and is generally less generous with coins.

Here's a guide for the 3DS version: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACNUKFJQiV_XQ

Finally caught up with the main stages.

Got annoyed at Skorupi and the other stages that are nigh impossible itemless. Or maybe my luck with Block Smash+ just sucks (sometimes it's tough to get 4 matches in the tight spaces).

Fewr

I ended up giving all The candies to mega ray. He's been amazing against darkai. He's definitely earning all I spent on my boy, I'll get the candies back with escalation battles.

Razmos

Finally got around to doing the Mega Charizard Y competition, and I have decided I am never using Mega Blastoise again, what an absolutely terrible Mega, it completely ruins any chance at a combo, what a waste of items.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Getting close to being caught up again. At around 333 with all S-ranks & caught Pokemon, just need one more EX stage to unlock right now, I think.

Also should mention with the time change yesterday, updates happen at 2 a.m. Eastern now instead of 1 a.m.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, a new Safari? UUUGGGHHHH. Didn't we just have one 2 weeks ago? Hopefully we won't have another Alakazam

Also repeat Rotom daily Pokemon & Noivern challenge.

Edit; Noivern is base 70, but has Cloud Clear++, clearing FIVE clouds away. Wonder when we'll get ++ versions of other abilities.

Safari consists of Houndour, Noibat, Pineco, Hoothoot, Forretress, Noctowl, & Houndoom. I'm told Rock pokemon are best? 2 Fire, 2 Bug, & 3 Flying types.

Also Houndoom has a freakin'
03%
chance of appearing....Edit: LOL & I GOT HIM ON MY 3RD ATTEMPT.

Safari consists of Houndour, Noibat, Pineco, Hoothoot, Forretress, Noctowl, & Houndoom. I'm told Rock pokemon are best? 2 Fire, 2 Bug, & 3 Flying types.

Yes. Gigalith is a great choice because a few of the stages are heavy with Blocks. I have been rolling with M-Gengar, Gigalith, Tyran and have handily won my first 5 attempts.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Think I'll switch to Gengar as well, as the only Mega Rock type is Aerodactyl but is rather weak (only 76 at lv. 8) & while his ability can be useful, takes too long to evolve if you haven't used any Mega Speedups on him like I have.

Ondore

So far we have Swap++ on Magikarp of all things, and Cloud Clear++ on Noivern.

Got Noivern, Noibat and Pineco in the first run. Hoothoot looks like a combo coin level. Might want to bring Amaura since most of the stages I've seen add it anyway and don't replace it with anything.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Can't say I've ever heard of Noivern (or UHaFnir how it's called in German lol).

Think I'll switch to Gengar as well, as the only Mega Rock type is Aerodactyl but is rather weak (only 76 at lv. 8) & while his ability can be useful, takes too long to evolve if you haven't used any Mega Speedups on him like I have.

Gengar is always the go to for 3 Pokemon Stages. He evolves so fast and just matching a Mega Gengar once leads to craploads of cascades.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
15%: StageDataEvent #347 (Houndour)
3%: StageDataEvent #348 (Houndoom)
22%: StageDataEvent #349 (Pineco)
7%: StageDataEvent #350 (Forretress)
22%: StageDataEvent #351 (Noibat)
24%: StageDataEvent #352 (Hoothoot)
7%: StageDataEvent #353 (Noctowl)

Oh boy.
Noibat's stage is torture. This won't be fun.

Junahu

Forretress is filled with barrier disruptions. This would probably be the best place to use Kabutops, assuming you had the forsight to level a 60 power rock type.

I misjudged things and levelled Magikarp instead. But by gum, when that "bring Magikarp along" level happens, I'll be ready!

Ondore

Who has two thumbs and finished the Safari in 13 hearts?

THIS guy.

Also, it's especially important to bring Amaura if you hit Forretress. There was a combo off the top that wiped half of the barriers.

/resumes beating up Meowth

This Safari is going to suck. Encountered Noctowl twice already but didn't catch it and now that I know it's 7% encounter rate I'm regretting it.

Of course Hoothoot is the coin level. Beat it in one turn.

This Safari is going to suck. Encountered Noctowl twice already but didn't catch it and now that I know it's 7% encounter rate I'm regretting it.

I don't really worry about catching anything until I've got the rarest Pokémon. Chances are you're going to see Noctowl again before you see Houndoom, and even if you don't it won't be long afterwards.

I'll use a great ball on Houndoom when I see it, and once it's caught I'll use great balls on Forretress and Noctowl next time I see them, etc.

c-murph

15%: StageDataEvent #347 (Houndour)
22%: StageDataEvent #351 (Noibat)
24%: StageDataEvent #352 (Hoothoot)

Down...

3%: StageDataEvent #348 (Houndoom)

To go...

Chris1

Ran into houdoom and beat him on my last move, ended up using two greatballs to catch him. Not risking it with 3% chance.

Left to catch:

c-murph

Ran into houdoom and beat him on my last move, ended up using two greatballs to catch him. Not risking it with 3% chance.

Left to catch:

Smart move. Shit is way too annoying to miss out.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Now need Hoothoot, Houndour, & to see Forretress to finish the Safari. I saw Houndoom AGAIN today, which is surprising for a 3% Pokemon.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Got Forretress first try with 5 turns left, but that was lucky. The Amaura disruptions can really fuck you up.

SaintZ

I've only seen Forretress once and couldn't beat it RIP.

I got Hoot Hoot, Noctowl, Houndour, Pineco and Noibat on my first try without Great Balls.

Haven't seen Houndoom yet.

Oh and yeah Hoot Hoot gives you more coins but I wasn't paying a lot of attention when the disruption happened so IDK what to do to trigger it.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I've only seen Forretress once and couldn't beat it RIP.

I got Hoot Hoot, Noctowl, Houndour, Pineco and Noibat on my first try without Great Balls.

Haven't seen Houndoom yet.

Oh and yeah Hoot Hoot gives you more coins but I wasn't paying a lot of attention when the disruption happened so IDK what to do to trigger it.
I think it's a combo of 11 again.

Azuran

Banned
This safari is stupid as hell. Everything has low catch rates even with 1 turn wins which means haven't caught anything aside from Houndoom, which probably drained my luck for the week, and Pineco.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
For some reason, Hoothoot is harder than it should be & is the final Pokemon I need to get from the safari.

.......maybe he'll appear & I'll catch him now that I've posted about it.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
For some reason, Hoothoot is harder than it should be & is the final Pokemon I need to get from the safari.

.......maybe he'll appear & I'll catch him now that I've posted about it.
I just got five in a row
bonkgys9o.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Got two in a row with 26%, missed both. Tempted to get enough coins for a Great Ball & maybe get lucky with a Super Catch Rate.

Fewr

Found Houndoom last night... but couldn't beat it.

:(((

EDIT: The old trick of complaining still works, I just got Houndoom. Only Forretress and the big bat in the timed event left.

Top Bottom