• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hoothoot is a 1/4 encounter rate and an easy one-move kill! Two moves max. What is going on!
It's my punishment for getting Houndoom on my 3rd Safari attempt on the first day?

uugghhh, got Hoothoot again & escaped again. At the very least, it's one of the more "common" Pokemon but damn I wanna be done & go back to coin grinding & finishing up the last 15 stages.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
HOW HAVE I NOT STILL CAUGHT HOOTHOOT!?!?

I swear, 5 or 6 times, around 26% each time, doesn't want to be caught.

I should've been done with this safari yesterday, yet I'm still trying to catch one of the easiest Pokemon out of the 7.

Chris1

HOW HAVE I NOT STILL CAUGHT HOOTHOOT!?!?

I swear, 5 or 6 times, around 26% each time, doesn't want to be caught.

I should've been done with this safari yesterday, yet I'm still trying to catch one of the easiest Pokemon out of the 7.

Why don't you just use a greatball? 2.5k coins is worth your insanity, especially if it's the last pokemon you have to catch.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'll use one now that I have the coins, though I'm waiting for a Super Catch Rate because screw the chance of losing him at 5#% & wasting my coins.

I'll use one now that I have the coins, though I'm waiting for a Super Catch Rate because screw the chance of losing him at 5#% & wasting my coins.

Why not just use a great ball, and then if it doesn't work, quit the game before it saves? At least, on the 3DS game you keep your coins that way.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
FINALLY. Used a great ball at 52%, Hoothoot is finally taken care of. No idea why he was so damn hard to catch.

Encountered Houndoom but got very unlucky with combos when the metal disappeared and on my last turn. Was tempted to spend a jewel but thought better of it.

Swapped in Gigalith so if I ever find him again I'll be ready.

Fewr

Encountered Houndoom but got very unlucky with combos when the metal disappeared and on my last turn. Was tempted to spend a jewel but thought better of it.

Swapped in Gigalith so if I ever find him again I'll be ready.

Take Gigalith + Amaura along with Gengar.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, I had perhaps one of the worst Meowth runs I've ever had. Couldn't build any combos & took longer to Mega evolve my pokemon.

After the +5 moves, I only made 2,900 coins. Ugh.

Holy crap, I had perhaps one of the worst Meowth runs I've ever had. Couldn't build any combos & took longer to Mega evolve my pokemon.

After the +5 moves, I only made 2,900 coins. Ugh.

I made like 1,900 last week, it was abysmal. 4,100 this week though, which is still pretty rubbish but I generally plan for 4-5,000 so I'm not that bothered.

Still have almost no interest in main stages so around 7,000 coins a week from weekend Meowth and checking in has been more than enough to keep me going recently with more if I can ever be bothered to hit 37 which I currently cannot.

Still up-to-date on special events, safari took all week for Houndoom to appear but it's done now.

LOLDSFAN

Been casually giving 5 hearts every few days and finished the Safari. Glad there wasn't one Pokemon that was impossible to encounter.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Think I'm stuck at 340 at the moment. Otherwise, S-ranks are caught up & just have to catch 334, 336, & 339.

New rule I'm gonna impose is that I'm only buying jewels whenever they do the "get 6 free" deal, & even then, I won't go over spending $10 (like, around $5 is my limit). I've put in over 355 hours now, I think I can spend a little cash now.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Uxie wasn't too bad, & his ability/attack is alright.
70 with Mind Zap, which means not a Pokemon to really use on Meowth.

Otherwise, repeat Mega Absol event. Thank god, another week to try & finish up the latest set of stages.

Chris1

Version 1.3 is out on 3DS.

Updating now

Reading something about a survival mode that costs 3 hearts?

I hope that's not the start of stages costing more than one heart.

New title screen background

Slightly different textures and fonts

Clearing stage 150 gives Survival Mode

Caught numbers in top right corner of top screen

Can drag down on top screen to access a list of areas for fast travel, lists caught numbers and S rank numbers

SHUFFLE WAIFU IS BACK

Recommendation icons are in

Special stages now scrolls, meaning we can have more than 5 at a time

Exclamation point on special stages not yet played like in mobile

Question mark for Safaris updated to mobile font

Survival mode makes you take one team of 4 to take on as many stages in a row as possible

The super effective sort is in from mobile

You can tap and hold a mon in the stage preview to see its stats like mobile

There are slots for 10 different enhancements, including mega speedups, a lollipop, a gumball (oran berry?) and a pikachu cookie

Survival mode costs 3 hearts, items are exp x1.5 and mega start

Special stages all still cost 1 heart including Uxie, so they won't be costing multiple hearts or coins

Beating a stage shows exactly how much EXP each mons gains, with a small +8 or whatever underneath it's exp bar

Looking at them in the list menu shows how much EXP required to level up

Kanto starter lines have 0/5 Lollipops above exp bar next to level. Everything else seems to have 0/0.

There are now mission cards, you must select a card then beat a stage while also fulfilling the card's requirement to beat it (if the card is not selected doing that objective will not mark it complete)

Each card has multiple objectives on it each worth a certain number of that card's total stars

You can see what reward you will get for having that many stars (I assume from that specific card) before picking the card

Only one card can be set active at a given time and they have difficulty rankings

The jewel shop now has the mobile layout (but not prices) so it can probably get the special shop too

Your trainer card now includes best survival mode record, though not the total number of stages played

Mission Card explained:

Each card has between 1 and 3 pikachus icons of difficulty

There are then a list of missions on that card

Each mission has an objective, target stage, and required team member, though the latter two can say any stage/pokemon

Each individual mission awards between 1 and 4 stars (as of right now, maybe room for 5 star missions)

Clicking the gift icon in the top right shows a list of rewards given at certain amounts of stars, so you can get many rewards on your way to finishing a card

It also shows how many stars you have out of how many there are

Card 2 has a Lucarionite, gives a Jewel if you already have it

Card 3 has new enhancements: "Exp. Booster M" and "Raise Max Level"

My guess is 3 of these enhancements are Exp Boosters Small Medium and Large, then Raise Max Level is probably the lollipop and raises it by 1 with a max of 5

Level 10 still says Level MAX, so I wonder if using these changes that to 10 and MAX for that mon becomes 11 (or 15 eventually) or if it says MAX+1 and so on

On card 3 you get it for 14 stars while a speedup is 22 stars, so it's considered less valuable than them. However it is after a Jewel at 10 stars, so it is still quite rare.

No indication of these cards having expiration dates, which is good, because some of them might require events

Card 3 has notable missions such as:

Make a combo of 100 or more matches

3 mon stage M-Gengar, you still need to beat the stage to get the mission so you can't bring NVE mons on a high HP stage to have more attempts at this per heart

Clear out 100 coins

Weekend Meowth (this is 3 stars on the max difficulty card, I doubt it means a 3 match for 100 coins)

Clear MMY without using any items

Definitely possible, and at least you can't waste coins failing

The top screen lists a count of cards cleared out of the total, so I'm assuming they're staying since they don't count special stages in the total cleared due to their volatile nature

(potentially) ONLY BAD CHANGE IN 1.3:

THE UPSIDE DOWN T OR L GLITCH NO LONGER GIVES A DOUBLE MATCH

Super effective and not very effective arrows are shown the pokemon list when scrolling.

Apparently some stages can be skipped. Unclear what the deciding factor is.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonShuffle/comments/4bklod/v13_change_list/

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh snap, an update?! 703 blocks.

THANK GOD, SUPER EFFECTIVE SORT.

Edit: I'm hearing the item costs are still the same, thank goodness. Hearing how the mobile version gives you less coins with higher prices made me fear it would happen to the 3DS version eventually.

Chris1

Oh jesus, once you start Survival you can't back out of it to do something else until you lose.. I've made a huge mistake here I think LOL.

Stage 10 gave me some "XP booster" item

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So is this new Survival Mode & missions gonna be a better way to grind compared to replaying Meowth over & over & over & over & over & over & over, or something that offers up decent enough rewards to bother doing?

At the very least, maybe it'll help me finish up the last 8 stages I need to do to finally be caught up.

Azuran

Banned
Made it to Mega Rayquaza and fuck this shit. I'm just going to spend the next few weeks getting S-ranks and catching Pokemon I'm missing because I don't want to deal with that stage again for now.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Updated the game, told me some stuff from the beginning, then updated some extra data.

Tutorial lady came back & said there's a new icon under certain Pokemon where "more icons means I recommend it more". Certain Pokemon also have a "recommended level".

Also thank god for the fast travel, having to go from stage 34# to Meowth every time I booted it up got so annoying.

Edit: In expert, you can now see how many S ranks you have total & how many you need to unlock the next stage, neat.

You can switch between cards as well, nice. I switched to card #2 after seeing there's one related to the Meowth stage.

I've noticed Kyogre & Groudon have 0/5 for the lollipop, so guessing they can level up to 15 & have attack 100. Azumarill, Druddigon, Mew, Umbreon, Lapras, Sylveon, Espeon, & Sableye have it as well. Frogadier, Braixen, & Quilladin have 0/3. That's pretty much everyone who has base attack 50 & higher. Don't feel like checking the base 30 or 40.

....nevermind, Eevee has 0/5 as well. I have 478 right now & still need 6 more to catch, but that list of who can have lollipops should be close to accurate.

daydream

Banned
finally an update

i was just thinking earlier 'boy, they really gave up on this' in terms of actually expanding on the functionality and features

excited to see what's up with the new stuff

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Need to figure out how to handle the older stages, I fear my Pokemon will be TOO powerful to do some of the things it wants me to do, like using specific Pokemon or clearing # blocks/rocks.

Least "20 seconds left on Lucario" should be really easy.

Heads up when you update you get 3000 coins so if you're nearing max spend some dough before you update.

Has data mining revealed what the gum ball and Pikachu cookie do yet?

stolin

When you complete a stage and have the +EXP under your Pokemon, if you tap & hold on any of them if will put pop up stats data (inc, EXP to Next Lv) on Top Screen. Nice & useful.

Edit: It's on any screen on your Pokemon loadout.

Hegarol

When you complete a stage and have the +EXP under your Pokemon, if you tap & hold on any of them if will put pop up stats data (inc, EXP to Next Lv) on Top Screen. Nice & useful.

Edit: It's on any screen on your Pokemon loadout.
One of the best things of the Update.

Like the mission stuff so far. Already done Mission 1 and working on #2.

LOVE this update. mission modes and survival and new booster items like one to raise max level (only applicable to certain mons so far but still). Plus all the UI upgrades

<3

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sweet, 3000 coins, another 1000 for my 10th checkin, & a Raise Max Level.

I'm debating between using it on Kyogre or Groudon since they're the only two who'd really benefit from it. Groudon's at lv. 9 right now while Kyogre's at lv. 8. I feel like Ground types get used more than Water, but Gyogre has Rock Break, which is more useful than Quake....

So what's the best Pokemon to bring into Survival? Mega Gengar?

Top Bottom