• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

BooJoh

Some interesting changes, most of them welcome.

I seem to have missed Gigalith when it was in the safari, and now it's costing me since when I do manage to get Houndoom I can't beat it reliably.

JoeM86

It is now confirmed that there is a boost to the Check In value each day. If you have purchased between 5 and 9 Jewels in a month, your regenerated hearts can go up to 6 and you get 600 coins with each check in. If you have purchased over 10 Jewels in a month, your regenerated hearts can go up to 7 and you get 700 coins with each check in

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just for that month, or is it an upgrade?

I remember buying 6 jewels the last time they did the "buy #, get 6 free", so I should get the 6th heart. I got 1,000 coins today, so maybe it didn't count? I'd imagine the increase would be to 1,200 & 1,400 coins.

Not gonna lie, I'm tempted to buy some jewels again if it means getting more hearts & coins.

Also, it's a pain trying to remember which stage number certain Pokemon are when doing missions.

JoeM86

Just for that month, or is it an upgrade?

I remember buying 6 jewels the last time they did the "buy #, get 6 free", so I should get the 6th heart. I got 1,000 coins today, so maybe it didn't count? I'd imagine the increase would be to 1,200 & 1,400 coins.

Not gonna lie, I'm tempted to buy some jewels again if it means getting more hearts & coins.

Also, it's a pain trying to remember which stage number certain Pokemon are when doing missions.

Just for that month, from now on.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh, hmmm, not as tempted now if it's just for the month. Again, if they do that deal where buying so much gives you a bonus 6 jewels, I'll do that, but if it was a permanent thing, I would've gladly bought some more instantly.

Also, makes sense, but it mentions the jewels had to be bought AFTER the update. & it resets the first day of the following month, so it would make sense to buy the jewels on the first of the month, as doing it right now would only give you a week of the benefits before resetting.

Edit: OMG when you start the game, it leaves off where you last were instead of putting you at the last stage you completed. Thank goodness, this also makes it easier to deal with Meowth.

CassSept

Damn, that's a big update. And I still haven't completed the Safari because damn I still have to even see Houndoom. That's my punishment for thinking complaining about Phione was a huge exaggeration. Maybe whining on the Internet will help me. It's been a week dammit, it's high time for it to appear!

Looks like if you don't check in after the update you'll get double rewards from the Mission Cards. (force of habit I already did so missed out on all glitchy fun) That button I had no problem clicking on but the select card button I missed and wasted a couple hearts wondering what I was doing wrong.

JoeM86

Looks like if you don't check in after the update you'll get double rewards from the Mission Cards. (force of habit I already did so missed out on all glitchy fun) That button I had no problem clicking on but the select card button I missed and wasted a couple hearts wondering what I was doing wrong.

Yeah they just pushed through another bit of extra data

pHand

Wow, what an update. The QoL stuff addresses all of the issues I had. Although, I do wonder if 3DS users will get the special shop that the mobile version has.

With regards to the Survival Mode, it's only 3 hearts to start it. Once you've started, you don't have to spend 3 hearts after each stage; you just keep going until you either take a break, fail, or finish all of the stages. Seems like a nice way to get extended play sessions without having to wait for hearts to replenish.

Chris1

Pretty good update all round, I just don't like the precedent survival mode sets by costing multiple hearts. The mission cards seem pretty cool so far though.
What even was this?

For example

XOX
XOX
OOO

If you moved an icon to the middle O on the bottom of that T, it would count the bottom match of 3 twice and do extra damage. So instead of getting 2 matches from that, you'd get 3.

CassSept

Maybe whining on the Internet will help me. It's been a week dammit, it's high time for it to appear!

First damn try after I update and I get a Houndoom. What are the odds.

Hey, that's quite a spiffy update, I like it, but it does feel weird with all the little ui changes everywhere.

XOX
XOX
OOO

If you moved an icon to the middle O on the bottom of that T, it would count the bottom match of 3 twice and do extra damage. So instead of getting 2 matches from that, you'd get 3.

Ah, okay. I was worried it meant I'd lose a Gengar (since it counts as six towards the mega-gauge rather than five when you match that way).

Fantomex

Question. I played Pokemon SS, Black and then went to Y and now bought Omega Ruby. Is Black 2 worth getting? I was disappointed in how short Y was, and felt Black didn't have enough Pokemon.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looks like one of the new items (the Pikachu cookie?) is called "Skill Booster" & comes in S, M, or L variety just like the EXP Booster, which will "fill your Pokémon's Skill Gauge."

So does that mean I can upgrade a Pokemon's skill to be the "+" variety or even the "++" version??

Machine

I completed mission cards 1 and 2. I'm in no hurry to try some of the challenges on #3 since they seem to rely too much on RNG. How many tries will it take to get a chain of exactly 20?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Halfway done with Mission Card #2, need to do Mareep, Power of 4, 7 matches on Audino (feels like this is gonna be really random), & attempting to use Pikachu the most on Marshtomp.

Made it to stage 15 in Survival, but lost to Raichu. My team was Gengar, Garchomp, Reshiram, & Gigalith.

Edit: WTF Pikachu didn't activate ONCE on Marshtomp's stage, & he was pretty much the only one I made matches with. Hell, I made everyone else's skills useless on the stage, so Pikachu should've been the only one who COULD activate a skill.

Hegarol

I completed mission cards 1 and 2. I'm in no hurry to try some of the challenges on #3 since they seem to rely too much on RNG. How many tries will it take to get a chain of exactly 20?
Took me 3-4 tries to get a chain of exactly 7. I assume 20 will be a bit harder.

Looks like one of the new items (the Pikachu cookie?) is called "Skill Booster" & comes in S, M, or L variety just like the EXP Booster, which will "fill your Pokémon's Skill Gauge."

So does that mean I can upgrade a Pokemon's skill to be the "+" variety or even the "++" version??

Wow that's huge. Mega Boost+ changes the value of so many Megas. Imagine all the other possible Jirachi and Mawile type pairings.

With all these customized updates we'll all have pretty unique teams soon. Unless they dramatically limit them like the MAX level up lolli.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
My only other guess is it increases the chances of said ability happening.

Also the JPN site states the S EXP Booster gives you 50, M is 200 (I did this on Uxie, who I haven't used yet, & it almost made him Lv. 3), & L is a whopping 1,000.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
At the moment, 15, which means +10 to attacks. This means if you were able to do so, Groudon & Kyogre could reach attack 100 at level 15.

Nice to see them making QoL improvements to the game along with new items. I thought they would just keep hammering us with stages until all the Pokemon were released.

I like the skill and level boosters: it makes weaker, older Pokemon more viable. When I first started this game I thought I could level a Pokemon until it evolved. While that's not possible, at least they can now get better.

L.O.R.D

Level 40 is Mega Ampharos, will give Raise Max Level item.
Level 45 is Mega gengar give you level up item.

Edit: just finished level 50 , it was mega mewtwo Y
He will give you 3 raise Max level item.

Level 20 gives you EXP Booster L.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Well damn, that's a good update. I wanna do all the things!

stolin

Level 40 is Mega Ampharos, will give Raise Max Level item.
Level 45 is Mega gengar give you level up item.

Edit: just finished level 50 , it was mega mewtwo Y
He will give you 3 raise Max level item.

Level 20 gives you EXP Booster L.

Which Pokemon did you use for you Level 50 run ?

Does Dodrio have a metric ton of HP or something? Failed 3 times against it. I'm bringing Zekrom and Gigalith (for the metal) and used both Gengar and Glalie but no dice.

Chris1

Can't get the 100 combo card mission for the life of me, even in safari with Gengar i've wasted about 8 hearts and closest I've came is 73

L.O.R.D

cPGMBxW.jpg

it was worth it.

Can't get the 100 combo card mission for the life of me, even in safari with Gengar i've wasted about 8 hearts and closest I've came is 73
Are you playing the Soloris (sp?) Stage? MGengar/Soloris/Whatever got me 110 on the first try. I think I used another weak Psychic in the last spot.
Spinarack (little green spider) is another possible choice it's 12 moves and my record is 52,XXX points so it must have set off a massive chain but I can duplicate it.

Chris1

Are you playing the Soloris (sp?) Stage? MGengar/Soloris/Whatever got me 110 on the first try. I think I used another weak Psychic in the last spot.
Spinarack (little green spider) is another possible choice it's 12 moves and my record is 52,XXX points so it must have set off a massive chain but I can duplicate it.
Solosis stage was much better, managed to get a combo of 118 first try. Thanks

Also btw you can play the expert mewtwo stage to tick off the beat mewtwo y without items mission. I just did it first try so it's not too difficult.

L.O.R.D

I am repeating the survival mode,and found raishu in level 28.
Edit: mega glaili on the second time level 30 just gave me 3 exp booster s.
No way to farm level ups.

Top Bottom