• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What's everyone's Survival Mode team? I got stuck on Raichu's stage since it was hard to remove the ice block columns.

L.O.R.D

Cleared mega ampharos level 40 for the second time,now they give me 2 exo booster M.

There is no point to repeat the survival mode because you gonna waste so much items,
Raishu and ampharos and it's mega are in full ice levels.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
PHEW, was able to beat Mega Mewtwo with one move remaining, got EXP Booster M. Need to figure out who to use it on.

What's a good stage to get 100+ combo &/or 35,000+ points? I feel like the Safari might work, but it's random as to which stage I'll get & if it'll be good for a good combo.

Chris1

PHEW, was able to beat Mega Mewtwo with one move remaining, got EXP Booster M. Need to figure out who to use it on.

What's a good stage to get 100+ combo &/or 35,000+ points? I feel like the Safari might work, but it's random as to which stage I'll get & if it'll be good for a good combo.

Solosis, bring MGengar/Solosis/another.

Stage 196 I think.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Cool, I've give that stage a try.

20 matches on Chimecho (around stage 100) is gonna be a pain (got 18, then 24). 100 coins will have to be done on Weekend Meowth (maybe use the Prank ability described for erasing 50 rocks on Throh's stage?), though these feel waaay more luck based than actual skill.

Ondore

Weekend Meowth is combo-based, not moves based. I'm probably Mega Starting my Banette when I do the run this weekend to maximize the coins.

There is no point to repeat the survival mode because you gonna waste so much items,
Raishu and ampharos and it's mega are in full ice levels.

When did you decide to start using items on levels?

I got my ass handed to my Mega Mawile (lvl 17ish) I had MGengar/Genesect/Gallade/Garchomp and felt Block Smash+ and Garchomp could handle it, nope.

Then went back with a more diverse type and ability lineup with MGarchomp/Reshiram/Zekrom/Genesect only to get stopped by Raichu.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I like how after about 7 or 8 attempts of getting a 100 combo on Solosis, I aim for the 20 combo on Chimecho & on my second attempt, get an even BIGGER 100+ combo & an even higher score.

Might have to remove Chimecho from the team since it seems to create TOO big of a combo.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Can't wait to try the "beat Mega-Mewtwo without using items" mission, sounds like a right fun time.
This ended with an S rank for me. Oh how far we've come.

Edit: though you can do it with EX Mewtwo as well it seems. Might be even easier.

L.O.R.D

so, there is new items called "Skill Booster S,M,L"
"This item will significantly fill your Pokemon Skill Gauge"
what is "Skill Gauge"?
it's look like a cake shaped Pikachu.

also, not all Pokemon accept Raise Max Level item, Heracross and Ampharos can't use it.

JoeM86

so, there is new items called "Skill Booster S,M,L"
"This item will significantly fill your Pokemon Skill Gauge"
what is "Skill Gauge"?
it's look like a cake shaped Pikachu.

also, not all Pokemon accept Raise Max Level item, Heracross and Ampharos can't use it.

Based on images I've been sent, there are plans for even more items...

JoeM86

yey, more items to use, more reasons to spend money.

At least there are some interesting Pokémon coming

025-h.png
658-a.png
718-10.png
718-c.png
721.png

Among lots of winking Pokémon

In fact,
Angry Pikachu & Zygarde 10% Forme are coming on Tuesday

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
YEESSSSSSS, 20 matches on Chimecho cleared. Got two 19 combos in a row, then got lucky & hit exactly 20.

Now it's just Throh's rocks & 100 coins.

Kaleo

Neo Member
Same here. The Throh seems impossible. Seems you need to have Moves +5 and go through all the turns for it

Moves+5, plus the Prank ability (and pray for it to activate) are the key, in order to speed up the enemy's disruptions. If Throh have 4-5 turns on the counter, go for Prank.
Used M-Aero (Mega Start optional) and two-three Pokémon with that ability, got the challenge on the third tentative.

JoeM86

Moves+5, plus the Prank ability (and pray for it to activate) are the key, in order to speed up the enemy's disruptions. If Throh have 4-5 turns on the counter, go for Prank.
Used M-Aero (Mega Start optional) and two-three Pokémon with that ability, got the challenge on the third tentative.

Prank does keep activating, but it's constantly increasing it -_-

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
uuggggghhhhh

- didn't use Moves +5 on Jirachi, didn't defeat him to get full experience
- forgot to use Moves +5 on Weekend Meowth, only made 1,300 coins.

Only got 5,500 coins and didn't get that 100coin Mission. I should have Mega started Mewtwo Y but, guess I should consider it lucky I just noticed Mewtwo X was in my lineup.

100 coins was surprisingly easy. All mission cards now done.

Only got 5,500 coins and didn't get that 100coin Mission. I should have Mega started Mewtwo Y but, guess I should consider it lucky I just noticed Mewtwo X was in my lineup.

You may have been close. I only got 5700 and it completed.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Just did it with a Mewtwo team, both items and a measily 5300 coins. So not that hard.

EndMerit

Decided to go all-out, so I used Mega-Rayquaza and full Quirky+ team. Ended up getting the card with only 5500 coins.

After that, I ran into first bug I've seen in Shuffle: Going into "Mission Cards" (with all cards fully completed) and trying to move between cards 2 and 3 freezes the game for like 2 seconds, after which you get an error message and the 3DS restarts.

Can anyone else replicate this?

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Decided to go all-out, so I used Mega-Rayquaza and full Quirky+ team. Ended up getting the card with only 5500 coins.

After that, I ran into first bug I've seen in Shuffle: Going into "Mission Cards" (with all cards fully completed) and trying to move between cards 2 and 3 freezes the game for like 2 seconds, after which you get an error message and the 3DS restarts.

Can anyone else replicate this?
I read about that, apparently it's easily replicatable.

Then again, my game crashes all the time ;_;

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm guessing Banette + ghost team should be fine as well? That's been what I normally use.

It's annoying you only get to attempt that mission ONCE A WEEK.

EndMerit

I read about that, apparently it's easily replicatable.

Then again, my game crashes all the time ;_;

Oh, it's known already? Nevermind then, I suppose.
I'm guessing Banette + ghost team should be fine as well? That's been what I normally use.

It's annoying you only get to attempt that mission ONCE A WEEK.

Yeah, Banette with ghost team and Mewtwo with Psychic team are both fine. Though if your number one priority is to get the 100 coins-card, you can also use Mega Start on Rayquaza and go with full Quirky team for maximum combo potential. It costs more, but then again Mission cards 1 and 2 both gave a free Mega Start.

Ondore

Got the 100 coin challenge done today, but I suspect I'm going to invent a few new profanities before I finish the Throh mission.

I suppose RNGesus had to get back at me for doing the 20 combo on Chimecho in the first heart though.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, it is known, but 340 - 350 are some bullshit fucking stages >:[

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just about caught up with the main stages. On 347, need to catch 339, 344, & 346, then S-rank 345.

...........then watch as this week, we get 50 more damn stages....

Ondore

Managed to actually get the 3rd mission card one in slightly less pain. Only took 11 hearts to break the 50 rocks in one shot.

That being said, if there's say, a Blazikenite card it better not be that RNG focused.

So many special stages, mostly repeats but of course another fucking safari.

edit: going at it with Charizard (Y), Dialga and Cobalion right now, probably not the most ideal party but I'm doing alright.

I've never seen the special screen scroll before!

I like that the safari screen shows you which ones you've caught, I've never noticed that before so I assume it's an update thing, really helpful.

JoeM86

They missed a trick with Zygarde not being an Escalation Battle, starting with Zygarde Core, then changing to Zygarde 10% Forme at Level 10, 50% Forme at Level 50 and Complete Forme at Level 100

They missed a trick with Zygarde not being an Escalation Battle, starting with Zygarde Core, then changing to Zygarde 10% Forme at Level 10, 50% Forme at Level 50 and Complete Forme at Level 100

Thank God they missed that!

Clefairy looks like a decent coin farm in the safari. Disrupts with coins after a combo which isn't too long, and has loads of HP so it stays alive long enough. Got 1k coins just now.

Obviously Meowth is better if you're just farming, but depending how long you're in the safari it makes it a little more worthwhile.

Oh shit, I encountered Angry Pikachu on my second game in the safari and let it get away (with a 100% super-chance!) without throwing a great ball, and now it turns out that it's a 2% encounter rate :lol

I'll probably never see it again, it turned up so quick I thought it must be super-common!

EDIT: Literally saw it in the very next stage. Caught it. Haha.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, a TON of repeat special stages. Thank goodness I can just focus on the safari & Zygarde.

So any safari recommendations aside from Poison?

Edit: MEGATON. So the pastebin has discovered that for weekend Meowth, the following text is added:

"You can spend a Jewel to play this stage three more times per period."

As for Victini:

"You can spend Jewels to play up to three more times per period. Each of these additional attempts will require a Jewel."

Saving my jewels for Weekend Meowth now, I'll take 3 additional attempts over 3,000 coins.

Here's also next week's stuff:

Pignite Repeat - Starts 1st April
Emboar Repeat - Starts 5th April
Tornadus Repeat - Starts 5th April
Mega Sceptile Competition - Starts 5th April, basically the same ability as Mega Blaziken. Top reward instead of a Mega Speedup is a Raise Max.

UUGGGHHHH, I got freakin' Cleffa & Deerling 7 times in a row. Guess I'll have better luck after I wake up...

Top Bottom