• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I feel like it should've been the other way around considering you can earn quite a bit of money from Weekend Meowth if you get lucky, but hey, I'll gladly take it. So glad I didn't spend the jewel I got from the repeat Mega event.

What are the safari encounter rates?
From Reddit:

Pikachu (Angry): 2%
Cleffa: 37%
Clefairy: 15%
Clefable: 11%
Deerling (Spring): 25%
Sawsbuck (Spring): 10%

Ondore

It's 1-for-1 on Victini and 3-for-1 on Meowth, either way I will TAKE IT.

So after the last Safari, I'm expecting like, 300 turns before Angrychu shows up. Which might be good, since I'm close to maxed out on coins and already got everything relevant to a good level (lucky 7). I guess I'll take another swing at Survival Mode (with items) since I did all the repeat stuff already.

EndMerit

Already caught everything except angry Pikachu, so I think I'll switch my team from poison-types to ground. Might also help with keepin Clefairy alive long enough to trigger it's coins.
I used 4 great balls between Clefable and Sawsbuck. May have been a waste this early on, but at least I can continue S-ranking stages and farming Meowth immediately after catching Pikachu. Whenever that is.

Already caught everything except angry Pikachu, so I think I'll switch my team from poison-types to ground. Might also help with keepin Clefairy alive long enough to trigger it's coins.
I used 4 great balls between Clefable and Sawsbuck. May have been a waste this early on, but at least I can continue S-ranking stages and farming Meowth immediately after catching Pikachu. Whenever that is.

It doesn't matter what type you take into Pikachu, so just stick with Poison

Blew all my coins on Mega Absol (trying to get the Speedup) and then on the Mega Ray stage (realizing having it would get me a higher score on Absol). Failed on both accounts. MGengar plus Dancing Dragons team couldn't do it with all items except C-1.

JoeM86

Woo it arrived

Ceu_1aHW8AA9_lv.jpg

Didn't want to risk never getting it again, so had to spend some coins -_-

Chris1

Not going to lie I'm pretty tempted to buy jewels

More coins each check in, more hearts and now you can use the jewels for Weekend Meowth, they're actually seeming like a pretty good deal now.

JoeM86

More coins each check in, more hearts and now you can use the jewels for Weekend Meowth, they're actually seeming like a pretty good deal now.

Yep.

Assume you buy 12 Jewels.

Now, you can spend them outright on 48,000 coins. That's a solid plan as that can keep you level through much of the game. Average of 4,000 coins per Jewel. Solid.

Now, with the weekend Meowth, I typically end up with between 5,000 and 10,000 coins, with 2,800 being used to give it a jump start. So between 2,000 and 7,000 coins added per go.

Now since a Jewel pays for 3 attempts at the Meowth stage, that can be anywhere between 6,000 and 21,000 profit from a Jewel.

That's not even taking the Check-In Bonus into consideration

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
First time I completed a safari day 1. 5000 coins for Pikachu was worth it just to be done with it.

Yeah I mean I've played this game every day since release, 200h+ I guess. Might as well spend a few bucks now that it's worth it much more than before.

Yeah I mean I've played this game every day since release, 200h+ I guess. Might as well spend a few bucks now that it's worth it much more than before.

Why guess? There's an in-game clock so you can put an exact value on your shame!

Just Sawsbuck to get for me now. Didn't realise it was kinda rare when it came round the first time, but at 10% it can't be that much further away.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
IF I SEE CLEFFA OR DEERLING ONE MORE FREAKIN' TIME, I SWEAR....

I saw Clefable once, but it broke out of around 25%. Least Sawsbuck is taken care of so it's just Clefairy, Clefable, & Pikachu.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, they had rocks on Meowth on mobile? Glad we never had that & Mobile got a whole lot more tolerable for grinding.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Phew, all that's left is Pikachu (Angry), then grinding for coins for Zygarde. Just a few more stages until I'm finally caught up on Main.

But once again, I'm running out of Pokemon to use for grinding for coins. Doesn't help that it seems like none of the new Special Pokemon are worth leveling up since none seem to be attack base 70 or higher.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm starting to debate if I should start buying a few jewels at the beginning of each month now that you can get 6 or 7 hearts along with 600 or 700 coins per check-in.

Honestly might just do the $5 for 6 jewels, then get the 6 hearts + 600/1200 coin check-in for the month, then save the jewels for Weekend Meowth.

Here's the math for the coin check-in for a 31 day month (& assume I started checking in on the first day):

500 coin check in: (1000 x 3) + (500 x 28) = 17,000 coins
600 coin check-in: (1200 x 3) + (600 x 28) = 20,400 coins (3,400 more)
700 coin check-in: (1400 x 3) + (700 x 28) = 23,800 coins (another 3,400 more, or 6,800 more than doing 500 coin check-in).

So that's basically 1 jewel's worth you're earning via the +100 bonus check in, or 2 jewel's worth for +200. PRETTY sure my math is right, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

daydream

Banned
i will continue to hoard my jewels and worry about s-ranking regular stages and catching those pokemon after they're done putting out special events

Machine

Did they change the activation rate of some abilities on 3DS? I swear the crowd control ability used to have 100% activation rate if you matched four but I've matched four a couple times lately and it failed to activate.

Did they change the activation rate of some abilities on 3DS? I swear the crowd control ability used to have 100% activation rate if you matched four but I've matched four a couple times lately and it failed to activate.

It definitely used to, yeah, this could make my Meowth farming awkward if they've changed it because I relied on that, haha.

In other news, is anyone else getting Charizard recommended via Optimise when fighting Zygarde? It's not-very-effective and yet for some reason it keeps suggesting it!

Like the little message you get now when you complete a safari. Lots of nice QoL stuff in this update.

It definitely used to, yeah, this could make my Meowth farming awkward if they've changed it because I relied on that, haha.

In other news, is anyone else getting Charizard recommended via Optimise when fighting Zygarde? It's not-very-effective and yet for some reason it keeps suggesting it!

Like the little message you get now when you complete a safari. Lots of nice QoL stuff in this update.

Do you have Mega Charizard X? If so, it changes to a dragon-type when you Mega Evolve. If not, well, that's weird.

Fuuuuuucccckk. That was my favorite ability. Now it's pretty to Power of 4+. Why nerf that anyway there's three pokemon in the game that have a base power and type that make it worth using.

Damn it Genius Sonority change it back!

Machine

Fuuuuuucccckk. That was my favorite ability. Now it's pretty to Power of 4+. Why nerf that anyway there's three pokemon in the game that have a base power and type that make it worth using.

Damn it Genius Sonority change it back!

I'm hoping it is just a glitch. I need to try with a couple others to see if it's just Spheal.

Any hints as to know if I've gotten Angry Pikachu to appear? # of moves, a different background?

I believe Angry Pikachu is the only one not on the Sweet Strasse background- it's on the standard dark event background instead.

I say this, not having actually seen it myself yet.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Part of me wishes they could have something where you have to spend coins (or to be more "fair", a jewel) in order to increase your chances of having a specific Pokemon to appear.

Top Bottom