• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

WVW69iww_6orpoTldL

Your move!
UyfhwJx.jpg

dat 5 match super bolt

pHand

What? He'll be on the top screen?

When you only have one rare Pokemon left to get in a Safari, it saves time to quit battles as quickly as possible if you don't get the one you want. The number of moves and stage background show up immediately, while the image of the Pokemon takes a few seconds to appear.

I'm hoping it is just a glitch. I need to try with a couple others to see if it's just Spheal.

At first I thought it might just be Survival Mode, it was noticeable with Genesect. Match 4's about as hit and miss as Power of 4+ and I only triggered a match three a few times in 16 some levels and even had a match 5 miss. So I took Snubble and Porygon 2 to the Ampharos stage, they definitely nerfed the activation rate.

Looking on Reddit it appears to reflect the Mobile version of the game, I guess to stream line development? Other moves like Last Ditch Effort increased in power.

According to Pastebin Crowd Control went from 20%, 100%, 100% to 20%, 60%, 80%

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
lol once again, as soon as I get done with work & get into my car, get another safari attempt ready since I have 5 hearts, & I get the final Pokemon I need to catch.

Edit: UUUGGGGHHHHH Zygarde is a huge pain. Barely could beat him with just Atk Power+, but of course don't catch him. BACK TO MEOWTH.

Got Angry Pikachu and Zygarde yesterday.

Zygarde was surprisingly tough, but I nailed it with a Mega Rayquaza team, Mega Start, DD (consolation prize from the competition) and Attack Power+

SaintZ

Clefairy refuses to stay in the Pokéball and I've only seen Angry Pikachu once dammit. This is not going to be fun -_-

-Horizon-

oh my god safari done

RNG gods are on my side for once, got clefable and angry pikachu to appear one after the other

now just bring back the safari with alakazam so I can catch that jerk

Ondore

It took about 80k coins, but I beat Survival Mode!

Team was Gengar/Garchomp/Reshiram/Giratina (all max except L7 Reshiram). Pulled some big Barrier Bashes in the Raichu fight among others, and Dragon Talon apparently got a buff this week on the 3DS so tbose who went all in Candying Rayquaza will benefit even without Mega Starts.

L.O.R.D

for people having hard time in survival mode,here a glitch in the 3DS will get you 99 moves

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonShuffle/comments/4czp5r/survival_mode_99_moves_bug/

1.Enter EX Mode, keep sliding your down screen, then press survival mode button just after stop sliding.

2.If you heard the tone but nothing happened, the bug is triggered successfully.

3.Then enter EX1, Abosl stage. You'll see you need 3 hearts to enter.

4.After completing this stage, you can start survival mode from 2nd stage with 99 moves.

Oh, wow, I want that exclusive leg pokemon.

it's Legendary Pokemon.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh damn, I'll have to give that a try.

Finally made it to stage 350, need to get 5 more S-ranks & pokemon to catch, then I'm finally caught up. So glad weekend Meowth will allow more attempts via jewels.

Edit: So how long until Nintendo patches this & possibly does something to the people who use it? Then again, it doesn't affect online, so hopefully nothing...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Reminder that if you have a jewel, you can spend it to get THREE EXTRA ATTEMPTS at Weekend Meowth.

Also yay, I got the 100 coin challenge done, now it's just Throh.

L.O.R.D

Oh damn, I'll have to give that a try.

Finally made it to stage 350, need to get 5 more S-ranks & pokemon to catch, then I'm finally caught up. So glad weekend Meowth will allow more attempts via jewels.

Edit: So how long until Nintendo patches this & possibly does something to the people who use it? Then again, it doesn't affect online, so hopefully nothing...
I doubt Nintendo would do ban anyone who use it,but mostly they gonna patch it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Good, 350 S-ranked. Though freakin' hell, do I gotta use a C-1 for the rest of the stages I need to S-rank (345, 347, 348, & 349)? Even worse is when I use the normal 3 items & I STILL can't beat the stage.

Also damn, Mega Mewtwo X's ability isn't that great.....

& you can only use 1 jewel on Weekend Meowth per week. Oh well, least I can use the jewel from beating 350 next week.

Ondore

Good, 350 S-ranked. Though freakin' hell, do I gotta use a C-1 for the rest of the stages I need to S-rank (345, 347, 348, & 349)? Even worse is when I use the normal 3 items & I STILL can't beat the stage.

Also damn, Mega Mewtwo X's ability isn't that great.....

& you can only use 1 jewel on Weekend Meowth per week. Oh well, least I can use the jewel from beating 350 next week.

I think you might need Shuffle Move just to preserve your sanity at this point. How's your teams looking, since I didn't need a C-1 on any of them (and you can't use one on Exeggutor anyway.)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
To give some examples, I'll type up the teams for Pokemon I still need to catch &/or S-rank.

Fighting team: MAX Lucario (max speedups), Lv. 8 Machamp, Lv. 8 Conkeldurr, Lv. 8 Gallade

Psychic/Fairy: MAX Xerneas, lv. 9 Cresselia, Lv. 9 Victini, then Mega is either Lv. 9 Gardevoir or Lv. 8 Mewtwo

Other stats: MAX Heracross (max speedups), MAX Genesect, MAX Heatran, lv. 9 Palkia, Lv. 7 Kyurem, Lv. 7 Abomasnow (no speedups), MAX Spectile

Zygarde 10% seemed obnoxious when I tried it. Is there a consensus good team for it?

And why was it recommending Sableye? It's neither supereffective nor has an ability that seems especially useful for the stage, compared to some of the other megas that randomly destroy blocks.

I found Mega Glalie was the most useful against Zygarde and I think I tried everyone. He's beatable without items and appears to be easy to catch judging from the comments.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
There was some extra data, but nothing new from what I could see.

.....it didn't patch the survival mode glitch in EX, though...

ZeroX03

Banned
Not sure how I feel about Fast Match. It's basically just anti-Shuffle Move mode.

PSA: changing the time on your 3DS will replenidh your hearts immediately , i think it's only work if you buy the 6 or 7 hearts.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonShuffle/comments/4d9zyu/changing_the_time_or_the_date_on_your_3ds/

hope they don't patch this.

That and the survival mode thing will get patched eventually but they're pretty cool for now. I'm really tempted to finally spend money now.

Chris1

The game doesn't seem to make any attempt to explain what this is. Far as I could tell you get a 1.5x bonus for matching quickly?

You get 1.5x xp for matching within 4 seconds.

Honestly it's pointless, if you're matching that fast it's unlikely you're gonna get a good combo off. Rushing it for the bonus damage I got a score of 45k, taking my time I got a score of 60k.

Something I did notice was that you don't get a jewel or mega speedup any more from the rewards.. I'd prefer a speedup over the raise max level.

Of course I encounter Clefable again right after catching it in a Great Ball.

I'm finding it hard to keep up with the events while farming enough coins to finish the Mega Ray stage.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
One more S-rank to go, then just need to catch 3 more Pokemon & deal with the new EX stage I unlocked.

I can't believe I'm almost at 500 Pokemon caught, damn. We might actually hit every single Pokemon by the end of the year, unless they decide to add Sun/Moon Pokemon &/or more of those variants.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Damn, did a Mega Heracross & then Rayquaza to get a better score, but still not enough to be the top 2000. 58555 but ranked 3290 & need to beat 65300 to be in the top 2000.

At the very least, I'm FINALLY caught up. Just need to catch Arcanine in EX & I'm all up to date.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Freakin' hell, Arcanine shouldn't be this frustrating. I think the best I've done is 7 seconds but then I get a crappy catch rate & the TWO times I go Super Catch Rate (bringing it up to around 40%), they fail, or only offer 14% which I don't even bother.

I still can't figure out which is the better Mega to use for that stage. Hell, maybe I should go with Gengar.

Fewr

Got lucky for the competition.

Score: 101,586
Current place: 97/50,655
Team: M-Rayquaza (all candies) / Delphox / Reshiram / Genesect
All max level.

Fewr

It's been very useful for the latest 50 stages in the main game; I first try Rayquaza as mega, then Gengar, then something else. It also helps a lot in escalation events, or at least it did in the most recent (Darkai, I think it was).

I shouldn't complain because I still haven't caught all PKMN in the main-game but these repeats have just left me switching between main stages and Meowth for the last week. I'm hovering around 95k coins too. There better be some cool stuff tomorrow.

Top Bottom