• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

I was hesitant, but I gave all my candies to Ray. I don't regret it right now, but I'm just concerned in case they release a better mega as I have no more candies now XD

Now I'm wondering if I should give my raise max levels to Sylveon because of favouritism or an actually useful Pokemon...

Fewr

Given how useful Ray was for the past escalation we had, I think he pays for itself, we just need more escalations.

Robin64

From a GameFAQs user
Zygarde randomly gets angry for 10 minute periods, drastically increasing the stage progression per victory. I just went from 3 > 7. Anger wears off after you win though but seems pretty damn common. Easy way to skip stages!

Sounds pretty neat.

It also has rewards up to level 300, by the by.

Don't use your last heart to fight Zygarde. Seems you get the ten-minute timer after you beat it sometimes and so if you've got no hearts, you can't take advantage of the chance to skip levels.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
UUUUUUGHHHHHHHHHHHH WHY DID HE GET ANGRY WHEN I HAVE 20 MINUTES TO GET ANOTHER HEART

That's rather cool, but damn, that's going to suck if this happens multiple times where it gets angry but I used my last heart. I learned about it after beating 4 levels & not knowing about it beforehand.

Also yes, it seems as though Survival Mode's glitch in Expert got fixed.

& took me a minute to question why it said I didn't have Landorus, but realized it's a different form, Therian. But you have to re-level it up & it's "Risk Taker", which probably isn't the best ability to bring when you need to S-rank or try to clear stages quickly.

Edit: Not surprised it didn't work, but if you leave it on the item screen while it's angry & time runs out, it says that the stage level returns to normal if you try to play it. Of course now, why bother playing it with one heart if you think it'll do it again?

Edit 2: Rewards for Zygarde after 100:

125: EXP Booster S
150: Mega Speedup
160: EXP Booster M
180: Raise Max Level
200: Mega Speedup
225: EXP Booster L
250: Raise Max Level
300: TWO Raise Max Level

As for next week,
Ash-Greninja & 3 repeats, one being a Mega Blaziken

i missed the mega stone

when i checked on sunday, i was firmly in the right bracket for it

fuck everything

I checked this morning and I'd dropped out, had to spend another 9,000 coins getting back in. Did it with 10 minutes to spare.

If it's any consolation, you haven't missed much. Sceptile's mega-skill is weak, just replaces three random grass-types with Sceptile. It rarely leads to a decent combo and it's not likely you'll ever use it.

daydream

Banned
I checked this morning and I'd dropped out, had to spend another 9,000 coins getting back in. Did it with 10 minutes to spare.

If it's any consolation, you haven't missed much. Sceptile's mega-skill is weak, just replaces three random grass-types with Sceptile. It rarely leads to a decent combo and it's not likely you'll ever use it.

it's the first event thing i've missed now

they seem to be very repeat-happy since the update so it probably won't take too long to come back around but still, ugh. i even stood up to get something while it was loading the extra data. my hybris got me, should have checked the standings yesterday

Eh update. I was wondering when we'd get the Therian Formes. Kinda disappointed but not surprised that you need to level them up again, I think all formes work like this (i.e. Keldeo, Shaymin...). Could have made for a cool mechanic.

i missed the mega stone

when i checked on sunday, i was firmly in the right bracket for it

fuck everything

Same happened to me with Charizard X. Still annoys the hell out of me.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, it's basically the same ability as Mega Blaziken, but Grass Edition. I can't see myself using it much aside from very specific situations.

14 stages in & still don't have Zygarde. At least he'll be worth leveling up once I catch him.

Ondore

MANAPHY'S BACK

FUCK
WERK
QUEEN

That was the one Pokemon I was missing. Turned Mega Sceptile and a Mega Start on it, caught it in two moves (52%). YAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSS

Landorus and Zygarde 50 already caught as well. I almost want to try and run the table on Z50 because stage 300 has about 4k HP, and that's not a typo.

Also, that Blaziken repeat has THIRTY moves. We might see the first six-digit cutoff, but it'll be worth it so I can finally get the Blazikenite. (༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE BLASTOISE STONE CARD)

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Zygarde 50 has base
80, Barrier Bash+
Damn dragons too stronk.

Yay, got my Raise Level Max. Somehow I didn't slip many places near the end.

Really happy about the chance to skip stages in the escalation battle too.

Kaleo

Neo Member
I almost want to try and run the table on Z50 because stage 300 has about 4k HP, and that's not a typo.

Actually... it is, somewhat. Also, stages 180, 200 and 250 have different values from the popular pastebin.

There's a explanation, though. From 'charlietherappy' on GameFaqs:

I'm pretty sure I know what's going on with the boss levels' HP.

Before now (or more likely, before version 1.3), the starting HP for a stage was limited to 16 bits, or a maximum of 2^16 - 1, that is, 65535 (or maybe the parser only looked at 16 bits)*.

With today's update, stages have started having base HP higher than 65535, and the parser hasn't been updated to handle that. So the pastebin HP values for levels 180, 200, 250, and 300+ are off by some multiple of 65536**.

Here is a chart of the actual HP values:
Level: pastebin HP, off by, actual HP
180: 1887, 65536, 67423
200: 54560, 131072, 185632
250: 24442, 196608, 221050
300+: 4442, 196608, 201050

*Before someone mentions Giratina level 999, I think the base HP and additional HP per level are stored separately. The game does math on the two values to get HP higher than 65535.

**Something similar happened with the first 300-level escalation battle, where level numbers higher than 255 were off by 256.

Ondore

Wow, that's really messed up.

And apparently I wildly misinterpreted what happened with the anger mechanic. I got it +3 on stage 47, meaning I was at 50. I thought it meant I was doing the boss level, so I went just about all in (no C-1 but everything else) and one shot him for the Speedup. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I'm taking that as a sign to bail out.

Chris1

I bet there's a higher chance of making it angry if it's your last heart to tempt you into buying them

Gotta say I kinda like it tho, just have to remember not to use my last heart.

Fewr

I bet there's a higher chance of making it angry if it's your last heart to tempt you into buying them

Gotta say I kinda like it tho, just have to remember not to use my last heart.

Yes, leave it always at 1, or 0 if you've got less than 10mins in the heart timer (if you have the time to wait and monitor).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So did I lose my chance to skip 5 stages after my first time of missing out? 3 times now, I've gotten to skip stages, but only by 4.

At the very least, got Zygarde at 26% & being able to skip stages, I'm more motivated to see how high I can go.

So did I lose my chance to skip 5 stages after my first time of missing out? 3 times now, I've gotten to skip stages, but only by 4.

At the very least, got Zygarde at 26% & being able to skip stages, I'm more motivated to see how high I can go.

Same. After Latias, I told myself I wouldn't go all the way, but I'm really tempted.

Right now I'm nearly at stage 50 after less than a day.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmm, seems to be random for the anger. I got a 5 skip, & just now, I got it again but only for 3 stages.

Granted, considering total, I've skipped about....16 stages, I think, I'm all for this mechanic being introduced.

Chris1

Stage 58 and I must've skipped about 20 by now... loving the new feature.

Have 28 mega speedups and considering just maxing out Rayquaza, don't know what else to spend it on and it seems like it'd come in handy fully candied up.

Stage 58 and I must've skipped about 20 by now... loving the new feature.

Have 28 mega speedups and considering just maxing out Rayquaza, don't know what else to spend it on and it seems like it'd come in handy fully candied up.

I'd do it. You'd still have 8 or so spare afterwards, right?

It's been really useful for Zygarde. I'm up to stage 90+ and I haven't put much effort at all, just watching Ray do its stuff most of the time.

I caught it at 29. I've beaten level 50 now and I'm stopping.

I like the skipping mechanic but it was certainly a bit irritating that I had to play level 50 when others didn't just because of some roll of a dice.

Chris1

I'd do it. You'd still have 8 or so spare afterwards, right?

It's been really useful for Zygarde. I'm up to stage 90+ and I haven't put much effort at all, just watching Ray do its stuff most of the time.
Yep I'd still have 8 left, just did it.. was annoying having to use 20 individual speedups on it since there's now a prompt asking if you're sure, hopefully they let you use more than 1 item at a time in future.

20 Mega Speedups is a lot but I think I'll put it to good use after seeing the results on fast match & other escalation battles.. and otherwise they'd just be sitting there anyways most likely.

I caught it at 29. I've beaten level 50 now and I'm stopping.

I like the skipping mechanic but it was certainly a bit irritating that I had to play level 50 when others didn't just because of some roll of a dice.

50 wasn't too hard but I know what you mean, it's definitely gonna suck for the higher levels that require all items.

Fewr

I'm finding Zygarde 10% is good for the escalation event.

My team right now is:
MRay - Zygarde 10% | Kyurem | Xerneas

Zygarde helps evolve MRay super fast.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, skipping has helped soooo much. Now at stage 67, might use my bonus 5 hearts to go past stage 70.

Edit: Within the span of 9 hearts, I skipped 12 stages & now at 74.

Finally encountered my first Zygarde boss stage at 150. It was tough, but manageable.

Then 180 happened. Geez, the jump in HP is insane. After barely taking off 1/4 HP, I just used every item and beat it with 19 turns remaining. That felt good, but my coins ;___;

Bring Goomy for the disruption.

Diance for the ice.

Goomy has Mega Boost so you can bring Latios or Rayquaza as your Mega.

Dragonite as your 4th for DD.

Top Bottom