• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Chris1

Ugh still can't figure it out

too many pidgey

BS disruptions every 2 turns with goomy, sliggoos and rocks showing

Are you on the stage where it constantly spawns 4 rocks in the middle?

I took MGengar, Dragonite, Latios and Latias for most of those stages but they're a real pain in the ass for sure, might be worth trying that combo.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That double whammy of using Raise Max on Groudon, then Raise Level right after to make him Level 12.

Hmmm, I'm on 127 now, after seeing 126, thinking it might be time to swap out Gardevoir for someone else like Diance, considering there's ice columns now.

-Horizon-

Are you on the stage where it constantly spawns 4 rocks in the middle?

I took MGengar, Dragonite, Latios and Latias for most of those stages but they're a real pain in the ass for sure, might be worth trying that combo.
It's the one where the disruptions go

XXX
ooo
XXX
ooo
XXX
ooo
XXX

Where the Xs are rocks and the Os are disruption Pokemon.

I'll give that team a go then.

He's talking about the Sliggoo stage, not the Zygarde escalation. M-Ray is later so you won't have that yet.

Try Latios/Dragonite/Goomy/Diance. Alternative is Mega Gengar plus Optimize.

Don't match Goomy and try to get the disruptions to clear them. Otherwise it's a ton of luck to do enough damage.

Loved this escalation. Only had to play stage 50 and 200 as far as boss stages are concerned. Skipped the rest

Hoarding these 15 raise max levels like a paranoid/hesitant nutter. too afraid!

-Horizon-

Screw it, I just threw coins at it.

Thanks for the suggestions though everybody :)

And now I'm stuck at medicham. Jeezus the HP on these things are insane and ability trigger rate for my team are garbage.

I'm having the worst luck. I've had to face every boss level 50, 100, 150, 180. And I'm now running low on coins from completing the Survial Glitch before the Escalation Battle. I can't think of the last time I've needed coins this bad, I'll have to cough up another jewel to play Weedend Meowth more than once.

ZeroX03

Banned
Only new Pokemon is Ash-Greninja. Thankful for that, I should finally be able to catch up on S-ranking every Pokemon this week.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
lol went with atk+, DD, & Mega Start, beat Ash-Greninja within 28 seconds, my chances of catching it were freakin' 97%.

Insanely easy event. It's even rather decent, being attack base
with ability
Power of 4+
, probably will be worth leveling up.

Now to grind for coins again to beat Zygarde level 200.

ZeroX03

Banned
I caught Ash Greninja on my first go. I ran out of time, but a 30 combo from falling Manectric while I sat there watching it finish pushed it to the edge. 9% base catch rate.

A Mega-SpeedUp for the top 22k in the contest seems awfully generous, but I'll give it a go I guess!

Feel bad for those without the stone though.

Ondore

Caught Ashninja on 57% (18 seconds left). 8% / 3 seconds is a helluva boost.

Was hoping to see if 200k would be possible in the Blaziken comp, but 3DS can't C-1 away the Ninetales like Mobile can, so I'll have to make do with the better of a Garchomp run or a MRay run (Gengar's not going to be as effective in a 5 Pokemon stage).

Whoo, skipped Zygarde 300. Was not looking forward to it after the coin sinks that were 200 and 250.

It was nice to use my newly candied Mega Ray and stock up on Max Level Increases. But now I need to decide which mons to use the increases on.

Still haven't skipped a boss level on Zygarde. I read about using Aerodactyl on 150 but he was useless (no match on the initial board and in subsequent disruptions) so I wasted 5300 coins there. Went with my standard Dragon team and items and beat it with 10 moves left.

With M-Blaziken giving a Speedup I probably won't go for 200.

Whoo, skipped Zygarde 300. Was not looking forward to it after the coin sinks that were 200 and 250.

It was nice to use my newly candied Mega Ray and stock up on Max Level Increases. But now I need to decide which mons to use the increases on.

What team got you past Lvl 250? I'm struggling.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What teams did people use for Zygarde 200 & beyond? I've still been using my Mega Gardevoir team, but I know for 200, I need to use some items.

What team got you past Lvl 250? I'm struggling.

I used Mega Ray (20 candies), Dragonite (for Dancing Dragons) and Xerneas (high attack power non-dragon) with all items. Got lucky and beat it before it started disruptions. I doubt you can even scratch it without all items--and you definitely need Disruption Delay, Attack Power Up and Complexity -1.

If you don't have Mega Ray or enough Mega Speed Ups, Gengar or Latias/Latios could probably do it too.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guess I'll try Gengar for 200 or use Mega Start with Ray (only have 2 Mega Speedups on him right now). Wonder if I should even bother with aiming for 250, let alone 300. I only have Arcanine to catch (who is probably one of the more annoying EX stages), otherwise I'm all caught up & just been farming Meowth for when we finally get new main stages (which I'm surprised hasn't happened yet).

I used Mega Ray (20 candies), Dragonite (for Dancing Dragons) and Xerneas (high attack power non-dragon) with all items. Got lucky and beat it before it started disruptions. I doubt you can even scratch it without all items--and you definitely need Disruption Delay, Attack Power Up and Complexity -1.

If you don't have Mega Ray or enough Mega Speed Ups, Gengar or Latias/Latios could probably do it too.

I've already lost twice. All items -Mega Start with Gengar got walled with the constant blocks in the middle. Went back with all items Latios team thinking more power during Dancing Dragons and can open up the board with its ability. Nope. This time the opposite problem not enough big combos during Distruption Delay and couldn't make up the difference in time.

I've got a fully candied Rayquaza but now I have to spend a few days on Meowth's Farm. He'll cause more damage than Gengar and won't have an issue creating big combo during DD but I'm afraid I'll get walled with my luck. I did skip 200 after complaining on here so maybe venting helps.

Guess I'll try Gengar for 200 or use Mega Start with Ray (only have 2 Mega Speedups on him right now). Wonder if I should even bother with aiming for 250, let alone 300. I only have Arcanine to catch (who is probably one of the more annoying EX stages), otherwise I'm all caught up & just been farming Meowth for when we finally get new main stages (which I'm surprised hasn't happened yet).
I'm using Gengar/Dragonite/Zygarde 50%/Goomy atm and it's working fine. On stage 195

That's the team you want once the Goomy/Zygarde50% disruptions start (150?) through to 250.

Apparently 300 is significantly easier than 250.

Chris1

Stage 300....

Definitely not worth it. At all.

Apparently 300 is significantly easier than 250.

If you get lucky with really long combos and also triggering dragon dance that combo, sure, otherwise it's pretty much a guaranteed loss. I'd take 250 over 300 any day. Stage 300 is the worst stage by far, you only really get 8 moves and have to do 20k damage within those 8 moves or you've lost.

Full item run failed badly and was cutting it close on my second full item run, managed to do it on the very last move I had before the stage went to shit.

Team I used for 300:
MGengar, Dragonite, Latios, Zygarde 50% forme in that order. Items: All except bonus XP.

Ugh... I hate these luck based stages. I'll probably have to stop at 250 if that's the case.

I farmed enough coins to beat level 250... with 14 moves left. So yeah definitely switch back to Rayquaza/Dragonite/Xerneas for that level, thanks Aveyn Knight.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
uuggghhhhhh, so many coins wasted on failing stage 200 of Zygarde with Mega Ray/Dragonite/Xerneas....probably should've gotten the +5 moves as well.

The repeats and lack of significant updates have allowed me to go back and try to catch some of the PKMN I was missing. Spent almost 40k coins and I'm still missing 8 smfh. Not that they're worth shit:

Trevenant - 60 - Swap+
Weezing - 60 - Quirky+
Fearow - 60 - Rock Break+
Kabuto - 50 - Rock Break+
Simisage - 60 - Astonish
Lumineon - 60 - Quirky+
Omanyte - 50 - Sleep Charm
Furret - 60 - Astonish

RAogYBg.jpg

Time for new stuff (and a Mega Charizard X repeat).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, it kind of sucks that the more you catch, the harder it is to find Pokemon that're actually worth catching & leveling up.

Hell, I'm not expecting Arcanine to be all that useful despite being a late (& difficult) EX stage, yet I'll still bother to catch him eventually.

Fire type power of 4+ has plenty of upside. Anyway, boy do I love bringing in a mind zapper when exp grinding ampharos. Disrupting in 2 moves? Uh nah, back of the line. Try 15 moves. We won't be having that

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OH, Arcanine has Power of 4? Well damn, guess he'll be worth leveling up, considering I'm betting he'll be attack base 70. It's just such an annoyance trying to figure out what the best team is to the point I'm probably gonna have to add a C-1 just to have a good catch rate.

Ondore

I suck so hard at time stages I treat them as automatic all-in levels. Everything up to a C-1. And I still had to do it three times before I caught Arcanine.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
FINALLY, Arcanine is caught. Considering Zygarde only has 4 days left, I might just finish 200 & call it good, depending on hard it is to reach 250. I haven't been lucky in skipping 50, 100, 150, or 200....

Passed 160 on Zygarde and though I'm still beating stages rather comfortably, it's getting a bit more difficult with the block disruptions.

Does bringing Goomy help or hinder?

Passed 160 on Zygarde and though I'm still beating stages rather comfortably, it's getting a bit more difficult with the block disruptions.

Does bringing Goomy help or hinder?

I eventually stopped and brought in Goodra. It helps since it does more damage and with a match of 4, you'll eject all the Goomy disruptions.

Anyway, I finally caved and used my first max level increase on Sylveon. Pretty sure it's not optimal, but whatever and I'm sure I'll get more before it even reaches Level 11 XD

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So before I waste my coins again on Zygarde 200, the team should be Mega Ray/Dragonite/Xerneas, right?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
There we go, did MUCH better this time. Maybe I just had a bad run on my previous attempt. Didn't even need the Moves +5 this time, unlike last time where I didn't use it & failed despite having the other items.

I guess at the very least, I'll see if I can make it to 225 so I can get another EXP Booster L.

Also 2 more StreetPasses away from finally hitting 100. That gives you a jewel, right?

I eventually stopped and brought in Goodra. It helps since it does more damage and with a match of 4, you'll eject all the Goomy disruptions.

Anyway, I finally caved and used my first max level increase on Sylveon. Pretty sure it's not optimal, but whatever and I'm sure I'll get more before it even reaches Level 11 XD

Haven't gotten to Goodra yet, unfortunately. Ended up replacing Goomy with Rayquaza and then Latias for more AP.

I was having difficulty after level 180 and then later realized I was using Latias as my Mega instead of Latios. Ended up failing a couple angry levels and having to dip into my saved hearts to keep going.

Got to level 195 and he got angry+5, so I skipped my first boss level. Yay.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
242, sure hope I can just skip 250, but knowing my luck, that won't happen. Need to quick partake in the Mega Blaziken event.

So I've been saving a spare Raise Max Level, should I use it on Groudon again (he's maxed at lv. 12 right now & it seems he can be used more often being a Ground type) or keep it balanced & use it on Kyogre, who's maxed at lv. 11 right now but seems to have an ability that's not all that helpful considering the + versions & being Water, isn't as used?

Edit: HOLY CRAP so Zygarde got angry & I had to do 250, but it was played out as a normal stage, thank goodness. Now I need to see if I want to bother with 300. I can max Groudon to level 15 if I reach it, with a spare for Kyogre.

Hehe, lucky.

As for me, I finally went in all items for Mega Blaziken. Right now I'm sitting at 12th place, which is cool. Feel a bit bad for the people without the Mega Stone, but it seems they've increased the amount of people who can win it, so it kinda balances out.

Chris1

242, sure hope I can just skip 250, but knowing my luck, that won't happen. Need to quick partake in the Mega Blaziken event.

So I've been saving a spare Raise Max Level, should I use it on Groudon again (he's maxed at lv. 12 right now & it seems he can be used more often being a Ground type) or keep it balanced & use it on Kyogre, who's maxed at lv. 11 right now but seems to have an ability that's not all that helpful considering the + versions & being Water, isn't as used?

Edit: HOLY CRAP so Zygarde got angry & I had to do 250, but it was played out as a normal stage, thank goodness. Now I need to see if I want to bother with 300. I can max Groudon to level 15 if I reach it, with a spare for Kyogre.

Isn't there only a few more hours for Zygarde so you might not even make 300?

and no, it's not worth it unless you desperately want 2 RML. I regret not stopping at 250 honestly.

Not sure who to use my RML on, Groudon seems like a good choice tho.

I had no regrets grinding up to 300, but I did have Mega Ray to carry me through. I did end up spending a lot of coins (esp. for 250 and 280), but I've since made all (or most) of that back.

I must be missing something because my all-item M-Blaziken run with M-Ray was absolutely terrible. The 5th support really killed any combos I would generate. I did much much better with M-Garchomp.

Chris1

I must be missing something because my all-item M-Blaziken run with M-Ray was absolutely terrible. The 5th support really killed any combos I would generate. I did much much better with M-Garchomp.

With Mega Ray you're supposed to fast match it for 1.5x damage, I did that and ended up something like rank 38.

Right now I'm rank 115 with a score of 72k. Team Mray, Garchomp, Landourus, Palkia. I messed up a few times too and didn't get the 1.5x damage.

Yeah, it took me a while to figure out Mega Ray and why the top 5 teams (in Europe) were using it.

You gotta match Ray fast and hope for decent combos. On my non-item tries, I got disheartened because Ray didn't seem that efficient, but as soon as I focused on Ray, the score started to greatly improve.

I eventually got a 80K score and I thought I did crap because I didn't match Ray that many times XD

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Blarg, I don't think I'm getting past 276 without using items. Oh well, I'm sure to get another Raise Max from the Mega Blaziken, which will make Groudon level 15.

Might as well get some coins ready for whatever tomorrow brings.

Chris1

Blarg, I don't think I'm getting past 276 without using items. Oh well, I'm sure to get another Raise Max from the Mega Blaziken, which will make Groudon level 15.

Might as well get some coins ready for whatever tomorrow brings.
I took Mega Ray (with 20 speedups), Diancie, Mamoswime and Zygarde 50% and managed to do 275-299 without items. If you don't have MRay maxed out you're shit outta luck probably.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, Mega Ray only has about 3 Mega Speedups on him, 4 once I get another from the Mega Blaziken event. My team has been Lv. 9 Mega Gardevoir (max speedups), MAX Xerneas, MAX Dragonite, & almost Lv. 9 Zygarde.

Top Bottom