• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

With Mega Ray you're supposed to fast match it for 1.5x damage, I did that and ended up something like rank 38.

Right now I'm rank 115 with a score of 72k. Team Mray, Garchomp, Landourus, Palkia. I messed up a few times too and didn't get the 1.5x damage.

Wow thanks for mentioning that, it's a huge difference treating it like a timed stage.

CassSept

Has anyone managed to beat Mega Rayquaza without items?

You might not get an S-rank even when going all items, to beat it at all they are pretty much necessary unless you get some insane combo luck.

New update in 15 minutes, high time we've gotten new stages......

HUGE update. 3DS gets the mobile special shop, new main stages, new expert stages,a repeated safari, repeated escalation (with awesome new escalation mechanics), NEW daily pokemon (finally), Azelf, and a mega insane beast of a stage in Zygarde 100% (first ever poke with a four medal rating). Doing daily plus Azelf plus some main stages. Going to wait to read ideal strategies for zygarde 100 cuz I want to bring him with me to level slightly in the escalation

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
oh god, huge update.

Special Shop has two items at the moment for 2 jewels each. One is No Hearts Needed, where you can play as many stages as you want for one hour without hearts decreasing, & "1 Heart Recovered / 15 min. & Heart +6", where for 24 hours, hearts recover in half the time & the max hearts you get are 10, with an additional hearts.

Got Azelf, is okay, 70 base with Paralyze.

Also holy crap, almost didn't notice the new daily Pokemon.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Azelf and Zygarde are huge coin sinks, glad I got them first try. Bring Volbeat for Azelf and Xerneas for Zyggie.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Debating if I should bother with doing the Latios escalation since I already did it. I could use the Mega Speedup (Mega Ray only has 4 at the moment), but I've given Groudon all the Raise Max he can take, & I don't know if I want to use any more on Kyogre, who's really the only other Pokemon at the moment that might be worth giving them to. Though I could use the EXP Boosters on Groudon &/or Zygarde 100%.

Once I deal with Zygarde, probably will see how many of the daily stages I can deal with at the moment considering I have barely any coins.

Just glad the Safari is a repeat, there's enough new stuff as it is.

Etria

You might not get an S-rank even when going all items, to beat it at all they are pretty much necessary unless you get some insane combo luck.

New update in 15 minutes, high time we've gotten new stages......

Thanks for the heads up. Closest I've gotten on that stage itemless is shaving off about half of Mega Rayquaza's HP, which is frankly not going to work. I better start saving coins and going all in with items instead.

Ondore

Uhh, new Mega in the main stages is
Mega Scizor

Wonder what it does

Looks like it has the Latios/Latias Mega effect.

Pretty disappointing main stage update, only a few good Pokemon though you do get Unown with Mega Boost+ so Mewtwo can go to town.

Caught Zygarde with DD+MS+AP using Rayquaza, Dragonite, Xerneas and Kyruem. Went heavy on Dancing Dragons -> Ray combos and he never got a disruption off, caught in the high 80s after a Great Ball.

Azelf... lord. Lost the first time all in (MS+DD+AP), beat it with 1 second to go the second time and it broke out of the Great Ball and ran. Maybe it's because I suck at timed stages and had just woken up, but I'm not touching that until I've had a morning caffeine jolt and probably throwing a C-1 on top.

Flipping Tyrogue broke out of 5 Poke Balls. Yup, I remember my "love" for the daily stages now...

Zygarde Complete doesn't seem too bad. I played awfully (most of the stage was still ice-locked because I stupidly didn't bring Zygarde 50%) and managed to chop off half of its HP with no items.

No idea if the disruptions get worse after that though XD

I think I'll spend this week on the Latios escalation and then next week farming coins for Zygarde/Azelf. Pretty much abandoning the new main/expert stages.

Quick calculations on the special shop:

Weekend Meowth Jewel = 3 additional tries = ~15,000 coins per Jewel.
Conversion of Jewel to coins: 12 Jewels for 48,000 coins = 4,000 coins per Jewel (but you need 12 Jewels first).

Unlimited hearts for one hour = 2 Jewels.
Assuming you can do Meowth in 2 minutes and average 330 coins per attempt: 30x330 = 9,900 coins. Subtract the 2 hearts you get normally: 28x330 = 9,240 coins = 4,620 coins per Jewel.
Let's say you're insanely good and can get 530 coins per minute. 58x530= 30,740 coins = 15,370 coins per Jewel.

Double heart regen for 24 hours, 10 max, 6 right away = 2 Jewels.
Assume you never "waste" a heart = 4x24+6 = 102 hearts.
Normal heartrate = 2x24 = 48.
Bonus 54 hearts. Spend them all on Meowth: 54x330 = 17,820 coins = 8,910 coins per Jewel.

TL;DR: Unless you're incredibly good at Meowth, spend your Jewels on extra Weekend Meowth attempts.

So what's the strategy for Zygarde 100%?

I ended up using all items but Complexity -1 I *think*.

Mega Ray is great for combos and Zygarde 50% for removing ice. Try to break the ice ASAP so you can more easily get combos.

Ideally you want to finish Zygarde 100% before DD wears off, because after its HP drops, it will do really annoying unbreakable block disruptions in the top-left and bottom-right corners.

I was considering using the 1 Hour Infinite Heart for the Latios EB. You could fly through 100+ levels when battles only last 30 secs or less.

EDIT: I didn't even know Latios had the Angry mechanic added til LVL17, I'm on 38 now and I think I've only seen it 3 times.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That.....actually sounds like a decent idea. If they made it so Latios gets angry & you can skip stages, that might be worth it. Then if you feel like you've gotten as far as you can, use the remaining time on Meowth.

Hegarol

That.....actually sounds like a decent idea. If they made it so Latios gets angry & you can skip stages, that might be worth it. Then if you feel like you've gotten as far as you can, use the remaining time on Meowth.
I used this to go from 1 to 86 for the EB. Imho its worth it, but only at the beginning where you need 15-30 seconds per lvl.

Hmm, not sure what to do for this Shuffle season. Bit lazy to do the main stages and Latios EB doesn't interest me as much as Zygarde did.

Well, Latios is easy so far, so I'll try that for a bit, I guess. Kinda need more Raise Max Levels anyway,

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Maybe I'll give that a shot on Sunday when it's the new month & I can get 5 or 6 jewels for 6 hearts + 600 check-in bonus, then have some spares for weekend Meowth.

Ondore

Looks like a bunch of check-in bonuses are coming until Mother's Day: http://www.poketoru.jp/news/post.php/187/

Can someone confirm if the Reddit translation is accurate?
Thursday 28/4 Mega Start
Friday 29/4 10 Hearts
Saturday 30/4 EXP x1.5 x2
Sunday 1/5 +5 turns x2
Monday 2/5 EXP Booster S x3
Tuesday 3/5 3,000 coins
Wednesday 4/5 Raise Max Level
Thursday 5/5 Jewel
Friday 6/5 EXP Booster M
Saturday 7/5 Attack+
Sunday 8/5 Mega Speedup

New main stages seem mostly like a waste of time except for these few:

Barbacle - Rock - 70 Attack - Crowd Control
Unown - Psychic - 50 Attack - Mega Boost+
Flygon - Ground - 70 Attack - Rock Break+

In the SP stages:

Ludicolo - Grass - 70 Attack - Mind Zap
Hydreigon - Dark - 80 Attack - Swap+

Guess I need to put in some work for Hydreigon...

Looks like it has the Latios/Latias Mega effect.

Ah, that's decent, I guess.

I used this to go from 1 to 86 for the EB. Imho its worth it, but only at the beginning where you need 15-30 seconds per lvl.

Just got done going from 57 to 128 (Was planning on starting at 51 but used my last two hearts and skipped to 57 before spending the jewels)

I was hoping to get a little closer to 150 (I'm moving on from the EB after that) but 71 levels ain't bad. I had to switch teams and face lvl 100 too.

So yeah if you have the heart and the time more importantly, probably worth it early on. Though my hand is still cramping typing this out.

I beat Mantyke with Gengar+Optimise with four moves left. Ignored the Mantyke ice and it took care of itself in a few moves. Used a great ball on it because I wasn't sure if it was all luck and I'd never be able to repeat it but could be worth trying.

Having no luck with Azelf. Haven't used items yet because I'm trying to work out what the best team would be but I really can't figure it out. What did people use?

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Mantyke has Crowd Control btw, so try matching four of them when there's a lot.

CassSept

Christ this game is broken. I'm at Skrelp. Three-Pokemon stage. And I barely beat it at my last move on the second attempt. How is it even possible that with M-Mewtwo Y and two other Pokemon I can't get a combo over 30? What?

Christ this game is broken. I'm at Skrelp. Three-Pokemon stage. And I barely beat it at my last move on the second attempt. How is it even possible that with M-Mewtwo Y and two other Pokemon I can't get a combo over 30? What?

Gengar is always the go-to in 3-Pokémon stages.

ZeroX03

Banned
How have I spent over 30 hearts on Vespiquen and still not caught it? Regularly getting 30%+ rates too. This game sometimes...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmm, 10 bonus hearts. It's also the beginning of May soon. I think considering at the moment, it only takes about 10 seconds for each Latios stage, I might just get some jewels on Sunday, use one on Meowth, then use 2 for the unlimited hour of hearts on Latios to see how far I can get, then have the 6 hearts & 600 coin check-in for the month.

Volbeat is a must. I used a MHeracross, Genesect and Giratina as well.

Yeah I was using Volbeat but even then there's that other thing in there messing you up! Used Gengar in the end and beat it with 2 seconds left with Attack Power, DD and MS all on. Luckily it has a base rate of 20% and not 1% so I got it with a great ball!

Up to stage 37 on Latios and have only angered it twice. That last one was angry all the bloody time, I'm not sure if I've been unlucky or if they've lowered the rate a fair bit. Only going to 50 for the SpeedUp though so it's no big deal I guess.

Top Bottom