• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Finally caught Vespiquen on #51! I know it was a waste of hearts, but I had to see if it was as broken as I thought.

You spent 51 hearts and never triggered a Super Catch Rate? I would have started throwing Great Balls and soft resetting after 20 hearts. Then spent the rest of the hearts farming Meowth to afford that Great Ball.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I don't know why, but it feels like I'm not getting as many angry Latios compared to angry Zygarde, though that had level 300 rewards, where Latios seems to only do it if you have 4 or 5 hearts, then does it when you hit zero. Though thankfully, I've had 20 extra hearts on stock from doing the escalation battle & the other 10 from the check-in bonus.

ZeroX03

Banned
You spent 51 hearts and never triggered a Super Catch Rate? I would have started throwing Great Balls and soft resetting after 20 hearts. Then spent the rest of the hearts farming Meowth to afford that Great Ball.

Oh no, I hit a few. But if I'm getting 30% base catch rates why spend 2500? The chances of going so long without catching it were astronomical.

Oh no, I hit a few. But if I'm getting 30% base catch rates why spend 2500? The chances of going so long without catching it were astronomical.

The chances of missing it five times are reasonably high, though, so you'd still have been better off just using a great ball.

ZeroX03

Banned
The chances of missing it five times are reasonably high, though, so you'd still have been better off just using a great ball.

Except the chances of missing it five times is pretty slim, 17% chance of that happening. Of course the chances of missing after 51 hearts is so tiny my calculator can't even give me a number, so clearly something is up with the game.

Meowth 500 isn't guaranteed so I wouldn't rely on five in five for that, but that's a small nitpick.

Except the chances of missing it five times is pretty slim, 17% chance of that happening. Of course the chances of missing after 51 hearts is so tiny my calculator can't even give me a number, so clearly something is up with the game.

Meowth 500 isn't guaranteed so I wouldn't rely on five in five for that, but that's a small nitpick.

17% is really not that slim. Almost a one in five chance. It's definitely gonna happen now and then.

You're right about Meowth, of course, but it's always just the calculation I use since five hearts will almost always net 2,000+ even if you mess up three of them. But yeah, it depends how good you've got it. Personally I don't even play Meowth any more because I'm just living off weekend coins, ha, but I've definitely started throwing a lot more great balls simply because I can't be bothered to play stages a second or third time. As soon as I've got that S-Rank I'm damn well catching it and moving on. Too many stages to fuck around.

Juni_

I play the android version too. I'll add you.

If anyone wants to add me my code is

9V4CZEYP
edit: weird, I can't send you a request.

I'm running out of viable Fighting-type Pokémon for the Meowth-stage. Only Sawk left and he's almost Level 9. The others don't even seem worth training.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Gave in & got 6 jewels for the month. Might use the no-heart hour after beating Latios 100. Got lucky and first jewel attempt with Weekend Meowth got me 8,400 after factoring in +5 Moves.

From what I'm hearing, in the new main stages, there's a psychic pokemon with Mega Boost+, which makes it so Mega Mewtwo might be worth bringing into Weekend Meowth now?

Gave in & got 6 jewels for the month. Might use the no-heart hour after beating Latios 100. Got lucky and first jewel attempt with Weekend Meowth got me 8,400 after factoring in +5 Moves.

From what I'm hearing, in the new main stages, there's a psychic pokemon with Mega Boost+, which makes it so Mega Mewtwo might be worth bringing into Weekend Meowth now?

Yea, Unown !

That said, what else were you using for Weekend Meowth? Mega Banette?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yes, Mega Banette with maxed out Mega Speedups. I don't think I have any on Mewtwo? I'll have to check soon.

Edit: Mega Mewtwo Y has 2/5 mega speedups. X has none, though no idea when I'd ever use him.

Edit: Found this:

" Prize for first beating level 110: 1 Exp. Booster M
Prize for first beating level 125: 1 Level Up
Prize for first beating level 150: 1 Mega Speedup
Prize for first beating level 200: 2 Raise Max Level"

So last reward's at 200. But I really don't need more Raise Max at the moment (Groudon has all he can take & Kyogre only has one, but doesn't seem like is worth leveling up). I might just see how hard it is to reach 150 after beating 100.

Ondore

I ended up using my Raise Max Levels on Charizard and Groudon, but I don't think I'll be getting either of them to take advantage of it any time soon.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
God, since we get four turns at weekend Meowth, I've been absolute shit at it.

Yeah Mewtwo Y paired with Unknown ! makes it the go to Mega for Weekend Meowth. One of my four attempts Mewtwo evolved in 1 move. (Lucky sure but I'd say 4 moves or less would be the average)

I still prefer Mega Mewtwo with max speedups for Weekend Meowth.

Latios 100 was easier than 50. Mega Diancie+Optimize, Att+ and Time+10 was all I needed.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Huh, extra data added today.

So what's Groudon's attack power at level 15? I got him at level 13 right now & he's at 99, which is rather odd. Perhaps 105 if it's going by +3 each level?

Also why does Zygarde 100% not appear when I press Optimize when he's at Level 7 & is considered the strongest Pokemon I have?

Kaleo

Neo Member
Huh, extra data added today.

So what's Groudon's attack power at level 15? I got him at level 13 right now & he's at 99, which is rather odd. Perhaps 105 if it's going by +3 each level?

Also why does Zygarde 100% not appear when I press Optimize when he's at Level 7 & is considered the strongest Pokemon I have?

Today's extra data is just to patch the (new) infinite heart glitch. Essentially, instead of one hour through the Special Shop, gives almost 8800 hours (approx. one leap year) of infinite hearts. Replicate it isn't possible anymore with today's patch.

As for LV15 Groudon, at LV14 it has 102AP if I remember correctly, but jumps to 110AP at the final level.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
WOAH, holy crap. That would make sense for how damn long it can take to level it up.

EX39 is much easier with DD & can get about 35% capture rate, but I need to deal with getting the coins for Super Catch Rate. Also glad to be almost done with Latios, at 143 at the moment, think I'll be done at 150.

Robin64

Nice quiet week to catch up on Main Stages.

Next week we have Mega Swampert competition, Pinsir once a day, Thundurus (Incarnate Forme) once a day, and Bellossom as a "Great Challenge" event.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
EX39 has been a pain. Used both DD & Mega Start, I failed with only a match or two left, use just the normal DD, I finish with around 22 seconds left.

...........though I guess I should maybe swap out Blaziken for Aerodactyl.

Chris1

EX39 has been a pain. Used both DD & Mega Start, I failed with only a match or two left, use just the normal DD, I finish with around 22 seconds left.

...........though I guess I should maybe swap out Blaziken for Aerodactyl.

I've gotten to the point where I just go all in all items on EX stages then great ball it if needed. Coins are incredibly easy to make now it's not worth the hassle trying to catch it saving coins.

Nice quiet week to catch up on Main Stages.

Next week we have Mega Swampert competition, Pinsir once a day, Thundurus (Incarnate Forme) once a day, and Bellossom as a "Great Challenge" event.

Yay, Bellossom.

Kinda glad it's a quiet week. Trying to get to Latios 100 and I still haven't bothered to catch Azelf, was it?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bellossom is up, with repeat Thundurus & Pinsir (tomorrow) & repeat Mega Swampert.

Bellossom is okay, attack base
with
Mind Zap

I think after today, I'm only gonna bother with leveling up Pokemon with attack base 80 for now on, I don't think 70 is cutting it anymore considering how many Pokemon I've caught by now.

Burnt a Mega Start and Disruption Delay on Bellossom, and got lucky with a 33% catch rate.

Thank God, because that stage could have been bloody annoying.

Trying to see the difference between Oddish, Gloom, and Vileplume is enough to make you go insane.

For fun I tried Gengar plus those 3 (doesn't replace the supports) and then replaced Gengar with Sceptile.

I think 70 AP Pokemon are still worth leveling up if they have a good ability. But I agree that I'm never running out of leveling options for Meowth.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think 70 AP Pokemon are still worth leveling up if they have a good ability. But I agree that I'm never running out of leveling options for Meowth.
Yeah, I still use them on Meowth to ensure I don't have too strong of a team if the ability's worth it & it's a type I don't really have a bunch of other strong Pokemon (Ice comes to mind, but it's rare for me to even use that type in the first place).

FINALLY got my 100th streetpass yesterday, getting a jewel. Maybe I'll use it to help get Groudon to Level 15 on Victini because holy crap he takes over 2,000 EXP to level from 14 to 15.

Edit: Yay, 380 finished, unlocked EX40.....though this seems to be a pain to get a good combo going, especially at the start.

Ondore

Is it bad that I had to burn about 60k coins to S-rank expert stages 1-20?

I got this idea that I should try and improve my skills at timed stages after Azelf made me burn a C-1, so I decided to try and S rank all the expert stages. But I'm not sure if I'm physically capable of getting stuff like Cobalion and Greninja, let alone Genesect or Chesnaught.

Is it bad that I had to burn about 60k coins to S-rank expert stages 1-20?

I got this idea that I should try and improve my skills at timed stages after Azelf made me burn a C-1, so I decided to try and S rank all the expert stages. But I'm not sure if I'm physically capable of getting stuff like Cobalion and Greninja, let alone Genesect or Chesnaught.

I had once toyed with the idea of S-ranking all the expert stages. This was back when we'd get ten new stages a month instead of fifty, so I had tons of coins to spare. But yeah, Chesnaught put paid to that. I haven't even attempted to S-rank it because it seemed impossible enough that it wasn't worth trying.

almost out of jewels now, spent most of them on victini to lvl up dem mons

pretty happy with what i got now, though

Are you gonna see the benefits of that? I have so many Pokémon around level 8 that it's pretty rare I can't get a decent team together to fight something. Coins are going to get you WAY more points than a couple extra ATK, no matter what you buy.

daydream

Banned
Are you gonna see the benefits of that? I have so many Pokémon around level 8 that it's pretty rare I can't get a decent team together to fight something. Coins are going to get you WAY more points than a couple extra ATK, no matter what you buy.

i think so. i have used some jewels on meowth, don't get me wrong, but levels take way longer to grind and it's not like i max'd out any pokemon via victini. i merely brought up some important ones up to lvl 8/9. it's not about the atk power with those but about their abilities which can make a huge difference

you can make a case for either investment, i'd say

incidentally, the jewels i did use on meowth ended up yielding terrible runs. you never know what you're gonna get out of that cat

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I used a jewel to help level up Groudon since he's at lv. 14 & it takes well over 2,400 EXP to max him out to lv. 15.

But also helped that I got 50% & 100% Zygardes maxed out, giving me another attack 100 dragon & a new strongest Pokemon at 110 attack power.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Freakin' hell, THREE Great Balls wasted catching the stage 380 Pokemon at 56%.

Scrafty's also been a big pain to catch, because it feels so random as if you can clear it itemless or not. Even worse is when Machamp uses Eject on a Scrafty YOU'RE TRYING TO MATCH, MAKING IT NO LONGER MATCH & NOT CLEARING SOME OF THE ICE, and the ability to remove the ice NEVER wants to get rid of the one at the very top until it's your final move or something and there's no point because you won't get a good enough combo to clear it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmm, ranked around 2800 for the Mega event, hope I stay above 3500 or whatever for the rest of the day. Didn't realize to check the top 5 & see what those teams were, I just optimized...

I'm at about stage 390, feels like these stages weren't as annoying compared to the last group.

Robin64

It's a new Pokemon Safari! 7 of them to catch.

Also Electivire.

Also "More fun after catching!"

"If you re-try a stage after catching its Pokemon the Pokemon may occasionally drop Enhancements or items!"

Loptous

It's a new Pokemon Safari! 7 of them to catch.

Also Electivire.

Also "More fun after catching!"

"If you re-try a stage after catching its Pokemon the Pokemon may occasionally drop Enhancements or items!"
B-But I was fine with skipping mons I had already caught before!
Why do you do this to meee??

There's a bar that showed up next to the skill as well. Not sure what it does right now.

Robin64

B-But I was fine with skipping mons I had already caught before!
Why do you do this to meee??

There's a bar that showed up next to the skill as well. Not sure what it does right now.

That's for the new Skill Gauge, where the Pokemon's abilities trigger more often/get stronger. You can use Skill Boosters to increase it, and you get one free for checking in today.

Also, Electivire costs 300 coins to play and Groudon costs 400. It begins.

Edit: As I was fighting Groudon, during the match a present came out of him when I hit him. Upon beating him, I claimed that present and it was a "personalized Skill Booster" which made Groudon's skill gauge go up.

Top Bottom