• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Of course this update happens a week after I decide to catch up on S ranks and the 100 some useless pokes I haven't caught.

My first skill booster will probably be spent fixing Crowd Control on Genesect.

ZeroX03

Banned
I buy everything except -1 on Electivire, and miss 2x 52% Great Balls. That's like 12k gone immediately. I'm so close to done with this game. Apparently the Safari is good for coins at least.

e: just spent a jewel on Mesprit, 2x great balls and still no fucking catch. I'm done. 17k and a jewel gone within minutes with nothing to show for it. I'm not spending money when it can all be pissed away like that.

gerudoman

Yeah, I can't see myself spending a lot more time with the game after this update. To be honest lately, and after almost 300 hours played, I've been meaning to drop the game once for all, and this seems to be a good excuse.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
EW, coin play for special stages. At the very least, 300 isn't BAD, it just means one extra Meowth stage, but damn. At least the safari doesn't require coins, that'd be freakin' annoying. But it also doesn't count towards your hearts, so....meh.

Also damn, skill meters......who the hell do I use them on now.

& new ability from Electivire: T-Boost. If you make a T-shaped match, it might do more damage.

Orgen

Finally beat stage 400 (after spending 13.300 coins brbrbr).

Sooooooo now we have to pay coins for certain events? FML. I'm just short of coins right now (1500) so how many coins (more or less) do I need to beat Electivire? I'll add 2500 to catch it.

Thanks!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
At the moment, it seems to only be Special stages, and just Groudon & Electivire. Thankfully, others like daily Pokemon & the safari don't require coins, & it's a small amount right now, being 300 & 400 coins. That's basically 1 or 2 Meowth plays, & it doesn't take a Heart away as well, so you can play as long as you have the coins.

EndMerit

I'm fine with special stages costing coins as long as they don't use hearts. The moment they start costing coins AND hearts, or spread to main stages is when we'll have a problem.

Found Mesprit on my 3rd safari attempt. Took 3 great balls, but at least that's done and over with.
Electivire though... 27 400 coins lost, including 6 great balls. That's a bit too much for a pokemon I'm never going to use out of SPITE!

Chris1

Coin play? Lol ok then.

Just pushing me one step further to quitting, I've barely played outside special stages ever since they started adding 50 new stages.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looks like next week, it's 3 more repeat Pokemon, along with one new Pokemon. So at the very least, I can focus on the Safari, then go back to finishing up the main stages.

Edit: Wow, 8% chance of Hypno, get him twice in a row, & actually caught him the 2nd attempt at 21%. Hell, he was my first catch after about 8 Safari attempts. He seems to also have a new ability called Sleep Combo, which does more damage while the opponent is sleeping.

Looks like the new Pokemon next week will have + Boost, which will do more damage if you match in a "+" shape.

Coin play? Lol ok then.

Just pushing me one step further to quitting, I've barely played outside special stages ever since they started adding 50 new stages.

It doesn't help that the Stages after like 200 are so inconsistent with difficulty that it's not even funny. I keep getting stuck for days on random Pokemon that are just fodder Pokemon I don't even want to catch. Then there's unreasonably hard Pokemon that are somewhat useful to try and push you to spend like 15k coins just to catch the damn thing...

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, Mesprit fucking first attempt. That makes up for all the grey hair the safaris so far have given me. And I'm sure there'll be some other mon in this that just won't show up.
In other infuriating news: I just got three (3) M-Aerodactyls to spawn in my first Electivire attempt. Fucking column spawning glitch thing.

Chris1

Just tried the coin stage and barely beat it even with mega start on Aerodactyl so I had low catch rate and ended up not catching it. This is stupid.

What teams are people using?

Chopper

Coin play? Lol ok then.

Me too. I've been stuck on Dodrio for months, with absolutely no inclination to spend the coins necessary to beat him.

It blows my mind how some of you guys are catching and S-ranking everything. It'll take me years to do that.

Some of the 200-level stages are just unfair, but after 300 they're more manageable (only spending coins every 10 levels instead of every 5 or so).

The new Safari is maddening. Zero catches so far (despite ~20% catch rates), a measly 10 coins for beating the stage again, and a ridiculous Mesprit stage (failed to beat it).

Some of the 200-level stages are just unfair, but after 300 they're more manageable (only spending coins every 10 levels instead of every 5 or so).

I spend coins on basically everything now, I just don't have the patience. Well, to S-Rank them, anyway. Previously I'd have tried to work out the most efficient way of S-Ranking a stage and use the minimal amount of items but yeah, can't be bothered.

Not feeling this pay-coins stage. Don't mind it on Groudon because I've caught it so it's kind of an optional gamble for items, but it definitely shouldn't be on new stages. They should cost hearts until you catch them, maybe, then coins after that. Having to pay every time to practice and experiment with a stage is pure bullshit.

gerudoman

I've already spent over 20 hearts in the Safari and I've only caught Drowzee. RNG has been screwing me for some time, but this is getting ridiculous.

The only thing nice about Special Stages behind a coin wall is that you can play them whenever. No waiting on hearts to regenerate.

But when you have to Mega Start on the Electrivire stage and then toss Great Balls to avoid wasting more coins, it's ridiculous. Hopefully they polish this idea in future incarnations like they have on the Escalation Battles.

Well... let's hope they don't polish the idea by using it WITH Escalation Battles.

Oh I'm sure we'll definitely see some Pikachu cookies as rewards in the next EB. What's worse is all these new items make jewels less common. I've been blowing through jewels on Weekend Meowth.

Maybe just have coins be an option when your hearts are empty? Or let the player choose before battle to take a heart or coins?

I've already spent over 20 hearts in the Safari and I've only caught Drowzee. RNG has been screwing me for some time, but this is getting ridiculous.

Haha, same here.

Also, dunno about Mobile, but if you screw up your chance with Great Balls, make sure to reset your game to save some coins at least.

Machine

Or you don't get any Aerodactyls ;_;

I'm not sure why they suggest Mega Aero. Mega Steelix does the same thing and has higher attack. I was actually able to beat Electivire itemless by using Jirachi's mega boost+ to evolve Mega Steelix within 7-8 turns (it took some luck to trigger the ability enough times).

I'm not sure why they suggest Mega Aero. Mega Steelix does the same thing and has higher attack. I was actually able to beat Electivire itemless by using Jirachi's mega boost+ to evolve Mega Steelix within 7-8 turns (it took some luck to trigger the ability enough times).

My memory is bit bad, but steel is weak against electric, right?

Although I guess the utility is what matters most.

Machine

My memory is bit bad, but steel is weak against electric, right?

Although I guess the utility is what matters most.

It is weak but being able to use mega boost+ and save some coins made it ok in my mind I guess. It would be nice if we had a mega boost+ mon for each type.

Ondore

I used a Jewel on Mespirit and still feel dirty about it. (Got me from a 0 catch rate to the mid 30s though, and probably saved my sanity.)

LOLDSFAN

Coins for stages???

0LL6Zwq.gif

BooJoh

The only thing nice about Special Stages behind a coin wall is that you can play them whenever. No waiting on hearts to regenerate.
Except I can't just wait 30 minutes doing something else and then have 300-400 coins magically appear so I can try again.

You can buy coins or hearts with jewels (AKA real money) but only one of them is literally freely given to you, since farming coins costs both hearts and playtime (or real money.)

Except I can't just wait 30 minutes doing something else and then have 300-400 coins magically appear so I can try again.

You can buy coins or hearts with jewels (AKA real money) but only one of them is literally freely given to you, since farming coins costs both hearts and playtime (or real money.)
Wait 30 mins for that heart to regenerate so you can play Meowth and Groudon back to back. Normally you would have to wait an hour if you had to farm coins and face Groudon.

Coins are so abundant I don't have an issue, it's the jewels that are drying up with so many filler items. My backpack is full of blue circles I haven't used.

I'm more concerned that Mespirt may require a jewel to beat. That's 15k coins earned from a bad run of unlocking Weekend Meowth. Which would get me 37 more shots at Groudon more than a days worth of waiting every 2.5 hours to burn 5 hearts. Plus how many 2.5k Great Balls will I have to burn to make sure I don't waste more time searching the Safari for a Pokemon with a 2% encounter rate. (Mega Ray, Darkrai and Sharkpedo I didn't know how to work that in there but that's the team that will deal with Mesprits barriers)

I guess my point is this f2p game has come up with worse ways to take your real world money and they will continue to come up with more diabolical means to attempt to consume your hard earned dough. But they are getting near the tipping point.

Stage On

Finished the safari. Beating Mespirt was a really close call as I only had one move left when I finally took the bugger down but thankfully I didn't have to waste too many great balls on him.

What really pisses me off is how low the catch rates where for this safari. I had to spend a lot of coins on great balls to clear it which pisses me off since now I'm going to have to waste time grinding back to max again before I can even touch Electrivire making it take that much longer before I can get back to work catching up on the main stages.

It sucks since I haven't even been able to touch survival mode or trying to fill out any of the cards since I've still got over 40 main stages to S rank let alone all the Ex stages to do before I can catch up.

Saw Mesprit first thing today and ended up clearing the safari this evening.

Phew, glad that's over.

Now to figure out how to deal with that friggin' Electivire. I tried Mega Start with Aerodactyl, but I never got any Aerodactyl icons except 1. What gives? >___<

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Finally saw Mespirit, 6 moves left, 34% catch rate

....thankfully caught it on my first attempt. Now it's just a matter of having Beheeyem appearing again & I'll be done with the Safari.

Found Mesprit again. Got off a Sleep Charm so I beat it with 4 moves left. 2 Great Balls failed at 60%. Sigh.

So far all I have are Frillish, Jellicent, and Elgyem. I've even resorted to bringing Frillish for the off chance of getting more than 10 coins every time. The catch rates and RNG are ridiculous.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Good, used a great ball on Beheeyem & done with the Safari. I might give Groudon another go just to get another skill booster or two since he's halfway to lv. 4 with his skill & now that I've leveled him up to 15, he's been getting more usage lately.

Otherwise it's back to grinding for coins & finishing up the last 10 main stages so I can be caught up.

Ondore

I suppose there's a reason *why* they're pushing Groudon so much, but I'm just hoping that they lay off Raise Max Levels/skill boosters and just keep cranking out speedups.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*gets 2 more boosters from beating Groudon*

.....*they barely fill an inch each towards lv. 4 skill*

Yeah, not gonna bother with that anymore. Just hope it'll actually feel like it activates when I bring him into puzzles now.

Guess I'll start seeing who to bring for the final 10 main stages, then use them on Meowth so I can slowly get them EXP.

Was not ready for how difficult Mesprit would be! Finally encountered it and got pretty lucky with combos at the end to win with one turn remaining. I imagine a few people are going to encounter it after 100 safaris or soemthing and lose, which is going to be very frustrating. I was close.

If Mesprit is the last thing you have to catch and you're quitting all the other stages, I'd consider taking some Pokémon that can clear the ice barriers that aren't really ice but let's face it, they're ice. Or something to delay its disruptions.

Orgen

Finished the safari and caught Mesprit in the first encounter (I was lucky bringing Darkrai and setting him to sleep a couple of times).

By the way, I can't access to the cards (the ones with the objectives) because the game freezes and resets the 3DS :| Anyone here with the same problem?

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I have 20 candies now, and can't decide if I should give em all straight to Ray or give 10 to Garchomp and save the rest. Any advice? I guess I should go with Ray, huh?

I have 20 candies now, and can't decide if I should give em all straight to Ray or give 10 to Garchomp and save the rest. Any advice? I guess I should go with Ray, huh?

I dunno about Ray at the moment, the only time you'll get a huge advantage from giving it 20 candies is in the contests, but the last few of those have had Mega Starts so its effect is dulled slightly. Any other stage it might be useful in will always have a Mega Start as well. Might be worth hanging on and seeing if Mega Starts in contests becomes a normal thing.

I was gonna give a load of candies to Ray but I think I'm gonna feed them to Banette instead, the difference it'll make to weekend Meowth will be vast.

Ondore

By the way, I can't access to the cards (the ones with the objectives) because the game freezes and resets the 3DS :| Anyone here with the same problem?

Known issue that I'm shocked hasn't been patched at this point. Maybe if they put out some more cards...

Top Bottom