• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I've been using Garchomp quite a bit, so he might be worth giving the candies to.

Also yes, give them to Banette as well or if you have Unown, Mewtwo since you can have two Mega Boost & then a Mega Boost+ as well.

Got about 8 candies on Mega Ray at the moment, really no other Megas I can think of for the time being that would greatly benefit from it.

Orgen

Known issue that I'm shocked hasn't been patched at this point. Maybe if they put out some more cards...

Thanks Ondore! I think I had one pending objective yet... the one about destroying 50 blocks in some fighting type pokemon. Any advice for that stage? (recommended team and strategy)

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I've been using Garchomp quite a bit, so he might be worth giving the candies to.

Also yes, give them to Banette as well or if you have Unown, Mewtwo since you can have two Mega Boost & then a Mega Boost+ as well.

Got about 8 candies on Mega Ray at the moment, really no other Megas I can think of for the time being that would greatly benefit from it.
Well you should at least give the one candy to Gengar. Only needing to match 10 makes a bit of a difference.
And Banette + Garchomp it is I guess. Maybe I'm imagining things, but I feel Garchomp is very effective most of the time.
Edit: or Mewtwo. Gaaah

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, Gengar should be the first Pokemon you give a candy to, considering how much use you'll get out of him.

Ondore

Thanks Ondore! I think I had one pending objective yet... the one about destroying 50 blocks in some fighting type pokemon. Any advice for that stage? (recommended team and strategy)

You'll need +5 Moves and at least two Pokémon with Prank, one should be super effective (Mr. Mime) and one neutral (Toxicroak, I believe) and something with Rock Break or Rock Break+.

Try to trigger Prank immediately after you get the rocks, to maximize the odds of lowering the disruption timer.

Other than that, pray to RNGeesus.

I have 20 candies now, and can't decide if I should give em all straight to Ray or give 10 to Garchomp and save the rest. Any advice? I guess I should go with Ray, huh?

Mega Ray is almost as broken as Gengar. Fully candied I've been using Mega Ray more than Gengar on the newest stages. (Whenever there are Electric, Water or Grass Megas Rayquaza's been more effective than any of those released Megas)

Garchomp is nice to have sped up because ground typing is so effective against multiple types but Rayquaza can be used on any stage.

It sucks to dump that many on one Pokemon but it's worth it.

EDIT: Ritchie also data mined how abilities level up

Some interesting new abilities too...

Cheer=Increases the chance that the next match's skill is triggered.
Goad=May force the foe to trigger its disruption immediately.

There's probably 20 or so new abilities in the list

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
You guys don't make this easy lol
Kinda in the Ray camp again. Ah well, those candies will come again.

Orgen

You'll need +5 Moves and at least two Pokémon with Prank, one should be super effective (Mr. Mime) and one neutral (Toxicroak, I believe) and something with Rock Break or Rock Break+.

Try to trigger Prank immediately after you get the rocks, to maximize the odds of lowering the disruption timer.

Other than that, pray to RNGeesus.

In the end I used Aerodactyl with everything you said (2 with Prank and one with Rock Break+). 5000 coins later I beat it so many thanks! :D

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
2 more stages & one more EX, then I'm finally caught up.

Too bad it feels like at the moment, aside from maybe one of the new EX Pokemon & maybe Flygon & Barbaracle, none of them feel like they're worth leveling up. Feel like Magmar will be a 60 or a 70 with an ability I won't use & the Mega will have a "meh" ability as well.

Ondore

Magmar's a 60, but its evolution hits tomorrow and is 70 with a unique ability.

I think I only ended up raising Flygon, Barbaracle, Golduck and the EXers out of the current batch though.

Ok, can someone explain to me how the skill upgrading works? Clearly I'm too stupid for this. I've done the Groudon stage several times and got some upgrades but how do I upgrade the other Pokémon?

Ok, can someone explain to me how the skill upgrading works? Clearly I'm too stupid for this. I've done the Groudon stage several times and got some upgrades but how do I upgrade the other Pokémon?

The other Pokemon will require more skill boosters in the form of that Pikachu Cookie you got free. I would expect the next Escalation battle to feature them as a reward. Or maybe new Mission Cards?

The Personal Skill Boosters that are dropped like gifts in the middle of battle are currently only featured on event repeats. Groudon's PSBs dropped were the equivalent to what we would guess as a half of a small Pikachu cookie, Greninja's looks to be even less.

No one has figured out if anything increases the chance of a drop. Best theory right now is that the game seems to randomly check at 75% health, then 50%, 25% allowing for the potential of 3 PSB gifts to be dropped in one match.

Skill Boosters either increase Activation Rate or increase Power (see Rictchie's post for specifics) Quake for example increases the activation rate by 10% once you fill the gauge once, putting it at 30% match threes, 45% match4 and 70% match5.

It's still early, so we'll learn more about them and how to get more after these repeats.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Kyogre & Ash-Greninja (someone needs to explain that to me) allow you to get boosters from repeat battles.

......now if only I could upgrade Kyogre's Rock Break to the + variety...

Kaleo

Neo Member
Kyogre & Ash-Greninja (someone needs to explain that to me) allow you to get boosters from repeat battles.

......now if only I could upgrade Kyogre's Rock Break to the + variety...

At best, Rock Break with the Skill Bar at max level will only double the skill damage (when it's activated).

Regarding Ash-Greninja and their Power of 4+...

- Considering you need 40 Small Skill Boosters (the Pikachu cookies) to max their Skill Bar;
- And the Personal Skill Boosters - PSB (the rounded ones dropped from Ash-Greninja's stage) are equivalent to only 40-45% of a single Small Skill Booster;
- And you can't assure you will obtain even a single PSB dropped on the Ashninja's stage...

...I wish good luck, patience and a lot of Meowth-37 coin farming to max Ashninja's Skill.

Encountered Mesprit for the third time. Took some time to activate a Sleep Charm but once I did the stage was quite easy. Got a Super Catch Rate so I just needed one GB.

Electivire required two tries since M-Aero didn't match in the initial setup (and then I kept getting that skyfall of 2 alternating Pokemon that weren't M-Aero).

Tried Groudon about 4 or 5 times and got 2 PSB's.

Not going to bother with Kyogre or Ash-Greninja (if you go back a couple pages I don't think anyone beat it itemless so it's an even bigger coin sink).

Just going to farm coins this week and then do Magmortar on the weekend.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I should've specified, by "explain", I mean "what the hell is Ash-Greninja & what makes him different from a normal Greninja".

Fewr

Haven't watched the anime, but isn't it like the fusion between Ash and Greninja.
Not DBZ style, but because of the deep bond they share. So they both feel the same pain, etc, etc.

Someone please confirm/deny.

Machine

Haven't watched the anime, but isn't it like the fusion between Ash and Greninja.
Not DBZ style, but because of the deep bond they share. So they both feel the same pain, etc, etc.

Someone please confirm/deny.

In the anime, it's like a mega-evolution but with no evolution stone required. Something about their hearts coming together as one because of their bond or whatever.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Made it to 400, wonder what the Mega ability will be. Least I was able to get Scizor to level 8 in preparation for when his mega stone FINALLY was made available. But it sounds like this is the one time out of the latest stages I need to go all out & nab a C-1.

Though damn, being just about caught up, we're at 570 Pokemon out of 721 (or 726, I don't know). How long until we get Sun/Moon to increase the total number?

Ondore

Scizor's mega ability is in the spoiler:
Same as Latios's - horizontal bolt, doesn't cross.

Caught Magmortar, now paying tribute to the cat.

Kaleo

Neo Member
To be fair, since different forms are considered on Shuffle like "different Pokémon", there's actually
867 (+2, because Charizard and Mewtwo have two Mega Forms)
Pokémon on the game data to be captured in total.

Loptous

To be fair, since different forms are considered on Shuffle like "different Pokémon", there's actually
867 (+2, because Charizard and Mewtwo have two Mega Forms)
Pokémon on the game data to be captured in total.
I would have thought it'd be a lot more tbh.
We're not safe from more "angry" mons though...

Also, just want to throw this in, but having one mon with Steely Resolve / Last-Ditch Effort has produced great results for me on the normal Meowth stage.

Kaleo

Neo Member
I would have thought it'd be a lot more tbh.
We're not safe from more "angry" mons though...

That's because certain Pokémon don't have variant Forms included (e.g. there's no different Deoxys Forms, only one Vivillon form, etc).

But there's a lot of "emote" Pokémon, as you can see here.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
That's because certain Pokémon don't have variant Forms included (e.g. there's no different Deoxys Forms, only one Vivillon form, etc).

But there's a lot of "emote" Pokémon, as you can see here.
Holy ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Kaleo

Neo Member
Angrychu was just the beginning, there's 14 variant Pikachus in total :p

There's some other interesting findings, such as six "new" Mega Pokémon. I put these things in sub-albums here (if you don't want to see, uh, "spoilers", don't enter): http://shuffletips.imgur.com/

And, regarding the recent Skill Boosters, I compiled certain info on another pastebin. There's a scale - I mean, "how many Skill Boosters from each type you need to raise each skill's level to the max"?

Angrychu was just the beginning, there's 14 variant Pikachus in total :p

There's some other interesting findings, such as six "new" Mega Pokémon. I put these things in sub-albums here (if you don't want to see, uh, "spoilers", don't enter): http://shuffletips.imgur.com/

That's odd to "fix" some of those Pokemon with Power of 4. I'd understand reissuing these Pokemon as color swaps with Shinies to help distinguish similar colored types. But none of the emoting Pokemon make any sense.

BTW, there is also hidden extra item discovered by hackers,it's has green color and no disruption on it yet.

Wasn't there a Pokemon Flute item at one time? Not sure what else that green pill could modify? Turning abilities into +abilities?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Suggestions for EX41? The best I got was 13% (so about 9 seconds left) using Mega Lucario (mega start), Genesect, Xerneas, & Heracross, all MAX level.

Kaleo

Neo Member
That's odd to "fix" some of those Pokemon with Power of 4. I'd understand reissuing these Pokemon as color swaps with Shinies to help distinguish similar colored types. But none of the emoting Pokemon make any sense.

Wasn't there a Pokemon Flute item at one time? Not sure what else that green pill could modify? Turning abilities into +abilities?

Actually, the "Power of 4" skills on unreleased Pokémon are placeholders - currently on 1.3.10, all unreleased Pokémon, including these ones, have "Opportunist" as a placeholder Skill. When they're released, certainly they will have different skills.

About the white-green pill, considering the circular arrows, I can think about it changing Skills - something akin to the Ability Capsule on the mainline Pokémon games... But only time will tell.

Actually, the "Power of 4" skills on unreleased Pokémon are placeholders - currently on 1.3.10, all unreleased Pokémon, including these ones, have "Opportunist" as a placeholder Skill. When they're released, certainly they will have different skills.

About the white-green pill, considering the circular arrows, I can think about it changing Skills - something akin to the Ability Capsule on the mainline Pokémon games... But only time will tell.

Ah that makes sense. I figured the base powers were place holders, didn't think about the abilities being too.

If those are white arrows it might imply a Recycle logo on the green pill. An item meant to reset Mega Starts or Skill Boosters? Give the player back spent items that turned out to be a mistake?

You know what would be interesting is if you could "farm" PSB from Groudon then use that green pill to remove the Skill Boosters and use them on someone else.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
FREAKIN' HELL.

Used C-1, Mega Start, & DD on EX41. 33% catch rate, didn't catch. 66% for great ball, STILL DON'T CATCH IT.

Thank goodness it's Weekend Meowth tomorrow, but damn, the best I can get itemless is about 9% & that's if I'm lucky, otherwise it's usually around 1% because I finish at the last second.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Considering it's EX, it'll at least be 70 (it seems like all of them have been lately).

....actually, looking it up, seems to be rather decent.
attack,
Swap+
as the ability. Probably the "best" since the other 2 are 70 & not worth it (well, maybe Mind Zap, but I'm still trying to only level up EX40 via Victini).

LOLDSFAN

Encountered Mespirt 3 times.

Couldn't beat it the 1st time. Couldn't catch it the 2nd time with like 3 Great Balls before it ran away. Couldn't beat it the 3rd time.

I guess it's not meant to be. :/

SaintZ

This is the first time since I started playing the game on 3DS that I'm not gonna get all the safari mons. I only got Drowzee, Frillish and Jellycent :/

Top Bottom