• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh snap, 3 more mission cards.

Mission Card 4, do all 5 missions, get 5,000 coins.
Mission Card 5, 7 stars = Exp. Booster L, all missions = Raise Max Level
Mission Card 6, 5 stars = Exp. Booster M, 13 stars = Skill Booster S, all missions = Skill Booster M

Also Victini, wuuutttt????

Guess I'll do Giratina since I've got nothing else to do. Thank goodness they don't charge coins.

Also crap, guess they took the extra heart + 100 coins check-in bonus the day before the new month begun.

Took the time to type out all the missions.

Mission Card #4:
- Make a combo of 20 or more matches
- Make 2 matches of 5
- Trigger Mega Effects 4 times using Mega Kangaskhan
- Trigger Block Smash 3 times on Croagunk's stage
- Trigger Barrier Bash 3 times on Snorunt's stage

Mission Card #5:
- Trigger Power of 4 ten times on Articuno's stage
- Win with 20 seconds remaining on Zapdos' stage
- Clear stage without using any items on Moltres' stage
- Trigger Mega Effects 10 times using Mega Lopunny on Dragonite's stage
- Win with 80 seconds (1:20) remaining on Heatran's stage

Mission Card #6:
- Win with 6 moves remaining on Pikachu's stage
- Erase 14 barriers from the puzzle area on Marill's stage
- Make a combo of 20 or more matches on Raichu's stage
- Get a score of at least 60000 on any stage
- Erase 25 blocks on Nidoking's stage
- Make a combo of 120 or more matches on any stage
- Clear Vivillon without using any items

Edit: OH CRAP, I bought 6 more jewels, but it's not saying I'm getting the bonuses. Freakin' hell, did I just waste $5 trying to get the monthly bonuses?!?!

Ondore

So finished off Mission Card 4, 5 requires beaucoup de coins, so let's theorycraft 6...

Mission Card #6:
- Win with 6 moves remaining on Pikachu's stage
- Erase 14 barriers from the puzzle area on Marill's stage
- Make a combo of 20 or more matches on Raichu's stage
- Get a score of at least 60000 on any stage
- Erase 25 blocks on Nidoking's stage
- Make a combo of 120 or more matches on any stage
- Clear Vivillon without using any items

Pikachu: Basically see if there's a one-move bingo (he's got 7 moves) or +5, weak matches until the end then rip.

Marill: Mega Start something with a sweeping clear (Venusaur) seems be the only way to proceed here...

Raichu: Bringing all three rats should do it...?

60k: I should be able to put this up on an all-in competition run, especially since I'll want two Speedups.

Nidoking: Nidoking only produces rocks if you don't make a combo, then switches at half health to a 2 turn Nidoqueen countdown. So bring a +5, single matches that clear the rocks and open the floodgates after 25?

120: Will try the Spewpa stage, then the Mewtwo Y / Chimecho / something team in Chimecho's stage. Sadly, the Safari just ended.

Vivillion: Oh fuck you. If I didn't have Reshiram this would be physically painful. So... which Mega here, Charizard Y or Blaziken?

Kaleo

Neo Member
Vivillion: Oh fuck you. If I didn't have Reshiram this would be physically painful. So... which Mega here, Charizard Y or Blaziken?

Blaziken seems the way to go (alongside Delphox, Charizard - Pyre + Burn can be useful, despite the low proc rate - and Reshi as your 4th support)...

I guess, but then why did I lose my monthly bonus if it's not the new month?

Perhaps they consider a 30-day period, instead of a full month (31-day for May)?
Don't know really, just speculating here. I don't know how it's worded on the game...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I sent them an email, guess I'll wait & see what they say.

Also, Giratina rewards after 100:

125 Exp. Booster M
150 Level Up
200 Mega Speedup
225 Exp. Booster M
250 Raise Max Level
275 Exp. Booster L
300 2 Mega Speedups

Beat it on my first try with 4 moves left. Prye team. MAX Candied Rayquaza (MAX)/ Delphox (2)/ Blaziken (MAX)/Heatran (MAX) Should have used Reshiram over Heatran.

WVW69jQY5EcLG4dZhv_zps0l6zu4fp.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So uh, Giratina has having some issues yesterday? They gave out a free jewel as an "apology" for the issue.

It would explain why I had to download extra data.

Kaleo

Neo Member
So uh, Giratina has having some issues yesterday? They gave out a free jewel as an "apology" for the issue.

It would explain why I had to download extra data.

Stages 51-60 were much more harder than expected, then Genius Sonority released the extra data hours after the first patch yesterday, fixing these stages.

Didn't check-in today yet, so they're offering a jewel as an apology now? Nice.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well drat, I somehow used my free DD on Giratina. No idea how that happened.

Oh well, one step closer to stage 60.

Beat Giratina 100 with DD and Att+ and he got angry afterwards. I wasn't planning on going past 100, so I stopped.

Got 90k on the Mega competition which should be enough to place in the top 700. Used the same team as the top players, but replaced Charizard with Heatran: more damage, and Burn was too unreliable. With Heatran I could just concentrate on activating Pyre.

Beat Giratina 100 with DD and Att+ and he got angry afterwards. I wasn't planning on going past 100, so I stopped.

Got 90k on the Mega competition which should be enough to place in the top 700. Used the same team as the top players, but replaced Charizard with Heatran: more damage, and Burn was too unreliable. With Heatran I could just concentrate on activating Pyre.

Did you use DD on Mega Abomasnow? I actually did better without it but I have such an underleveled Prye team I'm not going to get anywhere near you.

Lost three gifts on my first attempt at Uxie. Never seen three gifts dropped on one stage before and my max team couldn't beat it.

Lost about 5-6 more before I figured out the best team for me. Mega Banette Fully Candied/Dialgas Block Smash+/Giratina/Jellycent. Now I'm finishing comfortably with 5-6 moves left.

EDIT: Apparently Uxie can be used on its own stage without being replaced. Switched to Mega Gengar/Uxie/Jellycent/Darkrai. For some reason Gengar is creating more drops and multi drops at that compared to M Ray, M Absol and M Banette. Set up Sleep Charm and let Mind Zap keep Uxie alseep the entire match.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
WELP, KINGDRA WAS EASY. Not sure if I'll level up.

Maybe I should attempt leveling Uxie's skill at least once. But I don't really use him, despite leveling it up to 8.

Man, SCREW Giratina level 200. I feel like I have to go all out & be super lucky considering the insane amount of health it has.

Kingdra was so RNG-dependent. I probably shouldn't have used Sceptile as my Mega since it would replace the Shaymins and Bellossoms I needed for Sleep/Mind Zap. Needed 2 GB's at 77% super catch. Decent ability but not one I can use on Meowth, plus as a Water type I think it's outclassed by others which are already higher level.

Uxie has a good ability, but I don't find myself using Psychic-types all that much.

Did you use DD on Mega Abomasnow? I actually did better without it but I have such an underleveled Prye team I'm not going to get anywhere near you.

I realize this is too late now, but I went with full items. The disruption never seemed to trigger Magmortar's ability, and there's a chance you can't clear the rocks right away, affecting your next combo.

How did you guys do farming Qwilfish?

It was rough at first, felt like I kept breaking even or worse but eventually ended up with around 13,000 coin profit. Wasted probably 15 hearts figuring out the right team (MGengar/MegaBooster/Uxie/Dunsparce) but still made more than I would have on Meowth 37.

I'm going to wait and let others try Eevee first.

Kaleo

Neo Member
Eevee is an easy stage overall, resembles Saturday Victini (7 moves, disruptions every turn - starts with breakable rocks, then unbreakable blocks later), and gives 100 EXP to everyone - 200 to the crown. Use one or two super-effective Pokémon, just in case.

Can drop up to 3 Skill Boosters S in one play, just like the others. Sometimes, one of these three Skill Boosters can be a Skill Booster M.

You can use a Jewel in order to try one more time, and you can do it up to three times; looks like Eevee will drop at least one Skill Booster S every time you play.

I must've got unlucky but I barely beat Eevee with my optimal fighting team XD

BTW, what happens if you get a Skill Booster drop and lose the stage? I got scarily close with the Groudon and Kyogre stages.

daydream

Banned
decided to spend the 10 mega speed-ups i saved up on garchomp. good investment, i think, considering i use him all the time

CassSept

decided to spend the 10 mega speed-ups i saved up on garchomp. good investment, i think, considering i use him all the time

Yeah, it's a good investment, I've spent a few on him before M-Ray dropped and I don't regret it. Base power of 80, great effect (clears disruptions and can start some nice combos) and great typing - Ground is SE against 5 types including being sole SE type against Electric. Without speedups he takes quite some time to evolve so candies help to alleviate the problem.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Giratina 200 is like a MASSIVE increase in difficulty. Pretty sure you have to do C-1 with a Gengar team to beat it...
Ugh, seriously. & considering I finally got Kyogre to level 15, I don't need any more Raise Max Levels at the moment since I can't think (let alone find) anyone else that I could use them on.

Decided to focus on mission cards again, got #4 easily completed, just finished #5. Need to figure out how to deal with #6.

Fewr

Ready for the next batch of 50.
Bring them!

(also, I stopped Giratina at about 75, I can't be asked to do any more levels)

Etria

Giratina 200 is like a MASSIVE increase in difficulty. Pretty sure you have to do C-1 with a Gengar team to beat it...

Yeah, I was still unable to beat it after using M-Gengar (MAX), Absol (9), and Zoroark (MAX) with +5, DD, C-1, and AP. Anyone have any pointers?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Phew, beat Vivillon without items with 2 moves left. Now it's just 60,000 score on a stage (ugh, too bad there's no mega events going on right now) & erasing 25 rocks on Nidoking's stage. Still need to do the "erase 50 rocks" mission on Throh's stage.

Kaleo

Neo Member
Yeah, I was still unable to beat it after using M-Gengar (MAX), Absol (9), and Zoroark (MAX) with +5, DD, C-1, and AP. Anyone have any pointers?

Your team is fine, you just need to focus on activating Zoroark's Sinister Power (although isn't fully reliable with 15% proc rate on a 3-match, 40% on a 4-match and 80% on a 5-match)... and pray to RNGceus for big combos.

Gengar M-evolves fast, but perhaps you should throw a Mega Start too? Giratina 200 have 287000 HP, after all.

Etria

Your team is fine, you just need to focus on activating Zoroark's Sinister Power (although isn't fully reliable with 15% proc rate on a 3-match, 40% on a 4-match and 80% on a 5-match)... and pray to RNGceus for big combos.

Gengar M-evolves fast, but perhaps you should throw a Mega Start too? Giratina 200 have 287000 HP, after all.

Thanks for that. I got lucky and Gengar M-evolved on the first turn, but it could be the difference between winning and losing. Zoroark's ability hardly activated, so I think that was the main reason why I couldn't beat Giratina. Guess luck wasn't on my side haha.

Kaleo

Neo Member
Are you ready for the (probably) most infuriating Safari ever, next week?

30%: StageDataEvent #428 (Shellder)
6%: StageDataEvent #429 (Cloyster)
35%: StageDataEvent #430 (Pidove)
21%: StageDataEvent #431 (Tranquill)
6%: StageDataEvent #432 (Unfezant)
1%: StageDataEvent #427 (Magikarp (Shiny))
1%: StageDataEvent #426 (Gyarados (Shiny))

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
oh....dear.....GOD.

At the very least, this week is just more repeats, including Mega Gardevoir. Will just deal with getting Dialga's skill leveled up once. I'm over 65k coins, I might take a break from farming to play other games.

Chopper

Oh man.

Kaleo

Neo Member
At least, besides the new Safari, nothing new next week besides repeats
(regular Gyarados, Landorus-Therian and Tornadus-Incarnate)
with farmable Skill Boosters.

Well, except for the
Tornadus
repeat...
you can play it once a day, and it may drop Mega SpeedUps alongside Skill Boosters.

No.

Nooooooooo

Weebos

Banned
I've been playing this game pretty casually and enjoying it, but one issue I keep running into is EXP.

Is there a good way to grind Pokemon EXP, other than Victini on Saturday? All my pokemon are woefully underleveled.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I've been playing this game pretty casually and enjoying it, but one issue I keep running into is EXP.

Is there a good way to grind Pokemon EXP, other than Victini on Saturday? All my pokemon are woefully underleveled.
Levels really don't matter that much in the long run, but if you want to grind, go with the Ampharos (stage 130) and Snorlax (stage 183) levels. Your Pokemon get as many EXP points as those levels have turns (Ampharos 50 and Snorlax 55 I think), make that +50% if you use the item for 300 coins (a must vor Victini btw) and +100% (I think?) for the Pokemon with the most matches (marked with a crown on the results screen). Not much else you can do, I don't think there's a way to farm EXP+ items.
All that goes for 3DS, no idea about mobile.

Farm to level 5 on Meowth. Beyond that, levels don't matter too much.

1% is better than shiny odds in the actual game, no? If they still have the unlimited hearts for 90 minutes for 2 jewels, try that.

Fewr

Buneary is good for exp too (30 and 60xp), if you don't have time to do Ampharos/Snorlax. You can find him towards the beginning of the game, a bit to the left of Meowth.

AHHHHHHHH.

Ampharos (Stage 130) and 300 coins for EXP+ and a Mind Zapping Poke is all you need to grind EXP. You can keep Zapping its disruption countdown back to 15 and fill the other three spots with whatever type need leveling.

Like Lone Prodigy said it's easy to get most to LVL5 on Meowth coin grinding and be satisfied. Save your LVL 8 and 9 pokes for Victini (and even Eevee now)

At least, besides the new Safari, nothing new next week besides repeats
(regular Gyarados, Landorus-Therian and Tornadus-Incarnate)
with farmable Skill Boosters.

Well, except for the
Tornadus
repeat...
you can play it once a day, and it may drop Mega SpeedUps alongside Skill Boosters.

If they are anything like Diagla I'm not getting them past the first bar. 15+ attempts on Diagla and no gift drops yet... Yeah I'd rather be angrily wondering the Safari

CassSept

I would have been really angry at the safari if I just didn't catch up for the first time since M-Rayquaza was released last week.

Still, that does sound incredibly painful.

Landorus-T is going to take all my coins. I need that LVL5 Risk-Taker.

I gotta think it will have just a terrible drop rate with only needing 70 PSB. Looks like it's not a timed stage so shouldn't be nearly as annoying as Ash-Greninja.

I got Diagla to LVL 2, somehow lost the first two gift drops after winning 18 of 20 matches.

What teams are people using?

I've got MCharizard/Delphox/Talonflame/Golurk(or Dialga rather give the EXP to Golurk but not if it means less drops) That's a good team that needs the EXP too, if anyone's found a team better at dealing bigger combos let me know. I might try Steelix with the Fire types just to see if it opens the board up for Burn/Prye

EDIT: Dialga is at LVL3, and stock piled 97.5k for the upcoming pain. I found that MBlaziken/Charizard/Talonflame/Dialga was a much more consistent team, there's plenty of times I'm finishing with 10+ moves and the only team I've seen multi-drops I believe.

Top Bottom