• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Freakin' hell, out of 5 attempts, I saw Pidove FOUR times. At least one of those was Cloyster, who was the 2nd Pokemon I caught from this safari.

Just glad I had a little over 90k coins in preparation for the new events we got, and nice to see I can save them for super balls.

Kaleo

Neo Member
Ten attempts, Cloyster only appeared once (used a Great Ball), all the others were Pidove and Shellder so far.
At least, Shellder means easy 100 coins each time...

And we'll have a Mega Gyarados competition next week, alongside Raikou on Special Stages probably dropping Personal Skill Boosters. Since isn't a repeat, it must be a timed competition (I'm praising Arceus for that; I really hate turn-based ones, so much RNG-dependant).

Remember to set mission card 6 while you're doing the safari.

One of the things is to hit a 120+ combo, and you're way more likely to do that playing 3-Pokémon stages over and over than anywhere else in the game. IIRC mission card 3 asks for a 100+ combo so that's an option too.

MiTYH

What's everyone's teams for this safari? Gengar + electric, or something else?

EDIT: Looking at Reddit I see a lot of Zekrom in teams. Must have missed him (took some time off playing), so that'l hurt me for a bit

Chris1

What's everyone's teams for this safari? Gengar + electric, or something else?

EDIT: Looking at Reddit I see a lot of Zekrom in teams. Must have missed him (took some time off playing), so that'l hurt me for a bit

Gengar, Zekrom and Angry Pikachu

Kaleo

Neo Member
I'm using Gengar, Zekrom and Electivire. Since the safari only needs 3 Pokémon, it's usually easier to trigger T-Boost.

Got Shiny Gyarados minutes ago. Now, the hunt for the Shiny Karp...

I lost to Shiny Gyarados...

Yeaaah

2 PSB and a Speedup on Tornados though so the RLG (random luck generator) worked for me that time. +5 Moves with MRay/Zekrom/Mamoswine/Ampharos

When I saw the Shiny Gyarados board on Miiverse I should have switch MGengar out for Mega Ray. It's going be a long week.

Kaleo

Neo Member
Woaaaah, you can get more than 1 gift at a time in Dialga's stage!!?!

Also obligatory f--- this Safari.

Actually, up to three (the screen is from Landorus' stage, but this applies to every Special Stage that drops Skill Boosters):

vPPENXA.jpg

Skill Boosters can be dropped when the Pokémon have 25%, 50% and/or 75% from their HP left, but it's up to RNGesus bless you or not, in order to obtain gifts.

Loptous

Actually, up to three (the screen is from Landorus' stage, but this applies to every Special Stage that drops Skill Boosters):

http://i.imgur.com/vPPENXA.jpg

Skill Boosters can be dropped when the Pokémon have 25%, 50% and/or 75% from their HP left, but it's up to RNGesus bless you or not, in order to obtain gifts.
Interesting. What are the odds of getting one when reaching those percentage?

Fewr

The guide says the following:

E1-C5 first move is pretty cool.

Don't forget to activate Mission Card
6 if you don't already have the 120+
combo mission!

It seems to trigger tons of combos. I didn't try it when I reached the fishy fish.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I swear, whenever I check the safari before or after work, I seem to get the best luck, because right before I started, I got shiny Magikarp to appear, so now it's just Gyarados.

I was dreading this safari, but I finished it within 24 hours? Whoa.

Don't think I ever finished a safari this fast.

For the two shinies, I made sure to check online first for strategies because I sure as heck did not want to mess up my chances XD

Encountered both shinies last night. Needed 3 Great Balls for Gyarados but I think it was worth it.

Just need Pidove (ha) and Unfezant now.

I guess that luck cancels out my 0/3 performance on Dialga (including 2 losses) and no Speedups on Tornadus so far.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wait, so now that I only have Shiny Gyarados left to catch, I should be using Angry Pikachu? I've been using (all MAX) Gengar, Zekrom, & Magnezone.

Landorus-T is up to level 4. I hate that this team works so well because they are all MAX except for one lvl 9. Maybe that's why they are more effective. MRay/Palkia/Mamoswine/Virzion. I was bringing Landorus-T along with MSwampert/Gorbyess/Kingdra to gain experience but after Lvl 3 the drops didn't seem nearly as frequent with that team. Probably wasting too much time dealing with that barrier disruption.

Got that gimmicky Shiny Magikarp but haven't seen Shiny Gyarados again to end this Safari. I wonder if either of these two are going to be needed in the Mega Gyarados Competition?

Ondore

Got the Safari cleared in under 100 hearts, so I call that a win. Used Gengar/Zekrom/Raikou (because of the Gyarados event, figured the extra EXP wouldn't hurt).

0/2 on getting Speedups out of Tornadus to this point.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hell yeah, found shiny gyarados, was able to beat it with 4 moves remaining. Had to use a great ball, but 72% was enough to catch it.

.......................OH, OKAY, Shiny = no mega ability. That's rather disappointing.

Hell yeah, found shiny gyarados, was able to beat it with 4 moves remaining. Had to use a great ball, but 72% was enough to catch it.

.......................OH, OKAY, Shiny = no mega ability. That's rather disappointing.

Is that because of some lazy programming issue? Two different icons can't share the same Mega form because that requires a color swap for the Mega as well?

EDIT: You would think GS would want to milk another Mega Competition if it required to distribute another "Shiny" Mega Stone separate from next week's event.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It could also be due to the fact Shiny Gyarados is considered a separate entry (his ability is different, being L-Boost instead of Power of 5). Also strange is the fact Shiny only has 1 recommendation icon while regular has 3.

But yeah, I'd rather have Shiny have the Mega Stone because I'd find L-Boost easier to activate compared to Power of 5.

JoeM86

It could also be due to the fact Shiny Gyarados is considered a separate entry (his ability is different, being L-Boost instead of Power of 5). Also strange is the fact Shiny only has 1 recommendation icon while regular has 3.

But yeah, I'd rather have Shiny have the Mega Stone because I'd find L-Boost easier to activate compared to Power of 5.

It is coded that Shiny Mega Gyarados exists
130-ms.png

So could just be a matter of time

Dialga is a waste of time and coins. Too much RNG just to beat the stage, let alone get any boosters. Spent about 8-10k and only saw about 5 drops (got 2 of them).

Dialga is a waste of time and coins. Too much RNG just to beat the stage, let alone get any boosters. Spent about 8-10k and only saw about 5 drops (got 2 of them).

Try Mega Blaziken/Charizard/Talonflame/Dialga. That team can do massive amounts of damage quick, you never feel out of the match. I had really good drop rates not as nice as Uxie but I'm going to try to get to LVL4 after I'm done with LandorusT

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It is coded that Shiny Mega Gyarados exists
130-ms.png

So could just be a matter of time
Weird, because when I checked, there was no icon indicating he could get a Mega Stone.

Guess later on, he'll get one but it'll be a different ability.

Kaleo

Neo Member
Weird, because when I checked, there was no icon indicating he could get a Mega Stone.

Guess later on, he'll get one but it'll be a different ability.

Until 1.3.3, Shiny Gyarados had a Mega Stone slot, but it shared the same stone from Regular Gyarados - with just one Mega Stone, you could M-evolve either Gyarados, Regular or Shiny (one at a time, obviously).

The same "rule" applied to other five variant Megas introduced since the 1.3 big update (Smiling Gengar, Costumed Sableye, Winking Audino, Shiny Rayquaza and Winking Glalie): http://i.imgur.com/2REP136.png

The six variants, at that time, shared Mega-Abilities with their regular counterparts, and even the same amount of Mega-Speedups required. But I think these were only placeholders.

After the 1.3.3 patch, the Mega slot was removed from all six variants, so they can't mega-evolve anymore. But the Megas are still on the game code.

However: Audino, Gengar and Sableye Mega variants don't have proper Mega sprites yet, they reuse the Regular Mega sprites. So this needs to be updated too.

Tossed a Great Ball at Unfezant but it was worth it to finish this Safari.

Try Mega Blaziken/Charizard/Talonflame/Dialga. That team can do massive amounts of damage quick, you never feel out of the match. I had really good drop rates not as nice as Uxie but I'm going to try to get to LVL4 after I'm done with LandorusT

I've been using Delphox instead of Charizard (more damage plus I can never proc Burn), but yeah that is my most consistently successful team. I just throw my 3DS at the wall whenever it keeps disrupting with 4x2 blocks.

Saw Shiny Magikarp and failed. Might just leave my 3DS like that and buy a jewel.

I'm kind of wishing I had spent a jewel on Gyarados. That's 15k+ I'd miss out on Weekend Meowth but I could have made that playing Stage 37 with all the hearts I've wasted.

Jewels aren't as common as they used to be though so hopefully my search will end soon and my stinginess will pay off down the road.

Question: Has anyone here NOT gotten the shinies in the first 100 hearts?

I'm not sure anyone's counting, but I reckon I probably used around 100. Quite hard to keep track but I'm basing that on using 20 or so a day and completing the safari yesterday.

Angry Pikachu was a very very good call for Gyarados.

Top Bottom