• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Blarg, did rather bad with my additional 3 weekend Meowth attempts.

Oh well, I've got over 86k coins at the moment, I should be set for the new content this week.

Ondore

Interesting. I wonder if they've done something to the Safari RNG for this one to guarantee that you'll get a shot at the shinies somewhere in the first hundred.

L.O.R.D

caught both shiny from the first day,used 50 hearts.

is it me or they forget to add main levels to the game? it's been long since they added any main level.

hirokazu

is it me or they forget to add main levels to the game? it's been long since they added any main level.

There's way too many already! And they seem to release them in bulk now so they're probably working on it.

Interesting. I wonder if they've done something to the Safari RNG for this one to guarantee that you'll get a shot at the shinies somewhere in the first hundred.
Where did that theory come from? It's not from data mining right?

Like toythatkills pointed out, no one's counting, so how does someone come up with that number?

Who would collectively notice something like that other than Genius Sonority?

Ha! Finally caught Shiny Magikarp. Now I can leave that forsaken Safari.

I've only just started paying attention to the Mission Cards.

How on earth am I supposed to get 100 coins in a single stage? It does not seem feasible.

It's badly written. Just make a 3-coin match at the Meowth stage (Stage 37).

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Safari done. That took a while, although mostly because of Unfezant. Had the shinies on day three, maybe after like 60 hearts?

Fewr

I think I'm losing my grip on this game. I don't care about the added complexity of mission cards or the % activation of skill. After I was done their batches of 50 I've started to focus much more on other games.

Chris1

I think I'm losing my grip on this game. I don't care about the added complexity of mission cards or the % activation of skill. After I was done their batches of 50 I've started to focus much more on other games.

Pretty much.. those batches of 50 put me off it and the coins to unlock stages etc was just the icing on the cake.

I just login to do the new timed pokemon and I've missed meowth every week for like the past month. Dunno how much longer I'll even continue doing that.

daydream

Banned
i'm still on board but i don't bother with leveling up skills or the mission cards (will do those at some point, though)

the game has definitely gotten a lot more forgiving, especially for day 1 players for whom most of the event stages are repeats

I think the skill boosts give the event repeats some replay value for vets while easing in new players (the repeats are easier to beat as well). Still though, I can't imagine starting from scratch at this point.

I got Dialga to level 2 (never again, too frustrating) and Tornadus is at level 2 as well (still no speed up drops though). Landorus is at level 3 and I'm probably going to stop there because you need 21 to level it again.

Kaleo

Neo Member
Considering levels 301-350 were added on February 16th; and 351-400 on April 26th...

Maybe a new batch of (50?) levels can appear on tomorrow's update. Or in two weeks (July 12th).

Stage On

Considering levels 301-350 were added on February 16th; and 351-400 on April 26th...

Maybe a new batch of (50?) levels can appear on tomorrow's update. Or in two weeks (July 12th).

Urg. Batches of 50 levels are the worst. I hadn't even managed to clear the first batch before the second one came out and while I've finally done that I STILL have a bunch of EX stages to get thought.

I haven't even touched survival mode yet, or been able to focus on doing any of the cards. Nor have I had time to try and grind the event repeats for skill ups.

There's plenty enough to do as it is without dumping that much on us at once

Final match against Dialga gave me a double drop just enough to push it to lvl 4 with 25 seconds left. Didn't think I was going to make it, for some reason I thought I had another day. The last 20 mins I was contemplating do you just wait for another Dialga repeat or do you waste a cookie?

At least I have new Fighting type to bring along to Meowth's Farm.

Green Recycle pill was a Skill Swapper...

New Abilites
Ho-Oh > Prye
Gengar > Spookify
Raikou > Barrier Bash+
Entei > Rock Break+
Suicune > Block smash+
Regirock > Rock Break+
Celebi > Cheer
Mew > Block Smash+/Eject+/barrier bash+/Po4+
Ampharos > Mega Boost/ Paralysis
Rotom > Mega Boost+
Donphan > Ground Forces (Ground Type Pyre)
Chandelure > Po4+
Eevee/Leafeon/Jolteon > Eject+
Sabeleye > Swap+
Cubone > Mega Boost+
Dedenne > Shock Attack (Paralyze)
Pachirisu > Cheer
Farfetch'd > Po4+
Druddigon > Risk-Taker
Chespin > Rock Break+
Tangela > Constrict (2 Turn Disruption Delay)
Tangrowth > Sleep Powder
Zoroark > Hitting Streak
Phanpy > Po4+

EDIT:

Regular Mega Gyarados:
- 18 icons to Mega-Evolve
- Can use 6 Speedups
- "Erases Pokémon on a random jagged line vertically"

Shiny Mega Gyarados: (Data Mined from Game Code)
- 19 icons to Mega-Evolve
- Can use 10 Speedups
- "Erases All Mega Gyarados in the puzzle area"

EDIT 2:
Skill Boosters don't carry over when you swap abilities. Tested it on Raikou. Which makes sense, but means you can collect PSB on Ho Oh and have them go towards Prye once a second Skill Swapper becomes available.

CassSept

I'm kinda annoyed they clearly set it up to use BB+ on Raikou since that is perfect for the competition, but at least mission card gives another skill swap.

Ho-oh with Pyre will be amazing.

Kaleo

Neo Member
Also... this guy have these updated stats on the game code. Wonder if it will be available through an Escalation, like the Altered Forme...

*edit* Yeáh, seems the case. Timed-based Escalation Battle incoming. And Jirachi finally returns, once a day, starting at July 6.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Very tempted to use Skill Swap on Ho-oh especially since he's just a few more uses away of hitting lv MAX.

Need to recheck who gained the ability to use Raise Max Levels.

JoeM86

Very tempted to use Skill Swap on Ho-oh especially since he's just a few more uses away of hitting lv MAX.

Need to recheck who gained the ability to use Raise Max Levels.

Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Celebi, Rotom, Pikachu, Jolteon, Leafeon, Chespin, Quilladin, Tangela, Dedenne, Pachirisu, Phanpy, Donphan, Cubone, Marowak, Cofagrigus, Sigilyph, Farfetch'd, Reuniclus and Zoroark

Orgen

Is it me or now is more difficult to get a +100 combo? :| Not even in safari with gengar I'm reaching these numbers...

Ho-Ho is the best for swapping skills (with the Blaziken/Fire team no bug pokemon should survive).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Raikou, Entei, & Suicune MIGHT be worth it if you also use the Skill Swaps on them, but I don't know if I want to bother.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, that's the main issue, do I bother getting all those Raise Max Levels to put on them when I have sooooo many other Pokemon that're much stronger?

Anyone know what their attack power would be if you got them to level 15? I'd imagine it'd be 100.

Orgen

Yeah, that's the main issue, do I bother getting all those Raise Max Levels to put on them when I have sooooo many other Pokemon that're much stronger?

Anyone know what their attack power would be if you got them to level 15? I'd imagine it'd be 100.

Should be the same as Kyogre and Groudon? So... 105? (I don't know, I have my Kyogre at 102 with level 14)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh snap, same as Kyogre & Groudon? That's rather tempting, though Entei & Raikou are only lv. 7 & Suicune is only lv. 5. I've got 3 Raise Maxs & 1 Level Up, so maybe I'll wait & see.

Granted, it's tempting with Entei since I'll most likely have Ho-Oh use Pyre via Skill Swapper, but Ho-Oh will be my 3rd fire pokemon with attack 100.

Kaleo

Neo Member
Just a reminder: if you use a Skill Swapper, then the new skill won't retain any Skill Boosters used with the previous one.

Let's say, your Pokémon have Skill "A" at LV3.
Then you use Skill Swapper, changing to Skill "B"; you need to start raising the "B" Skill from the beginning.

However, if you decide changing back to Skill "A" in the future (using another Skill Swapper), then it will appear at LV3 again.

Saoshyant

Hey, any tips to catch shiny Magikarp? I got everything else on the safari but the one time Magikarp showed up it actually survived with a sliver of health and now I'm worried it will happen again the next time I see it.

c-murph

Hey guys, Haven't really been playing too much any more but what's the best way to make coins? Is that still Level 37?

What about weekend Meowth? I've been using a team of Quirky + (Mewtwo, Gothitelle, Xerneas, Malamar) and on him. It's not really the most effective. I thought maybe if I leveled their quirky + to trigger more often...

Hegarol

Hey guys, Haven't really been playing too much any more but what's the best way to make coins? Is that still Level 37?

What about weekend Meowth? I've been using a team of Quirky + (Mewtwo, Gothitelle, Xerneas, Malamar) and on him. It's not really the most effective. I thought maybe if I leveled their quirky + to trigger more often...
Yes Meowth37 is still the best.

As for the weekend: I use a MegaBoost team with Mewtwo. Works pretty well. You can pay a Jewel and get three more Meowth attempts.

Hitmonlee is rather easy, but has a disappointing 60 AP. Bring Mewtwo Y, Uxie, Togekiss, and whomever (either a Psychic type for Mewtwo combos or a Fairy type for Pixie Power). Use Mind Zap as much as possible. I used Super Catch to not bother with it.

The Skill Swap is basically between Ho-Oh and Raikou. The former is a stronger Delphox, but there are no BB+ Electric types so the latter would be useful against Water.

What do Skill Boosters increase for Pyre? Activation rate (I think it's already 100% at a 4+ match) or damage? Same question for Raikou's BB+ I guess.

Shiny Mega Gyarados has the same ability as Mega Gengar. With max Speed Ups it evolves even faster.

Hey, any tips to catch shiny Magikarp? I got everything else on the safari but the one time Magikarp showed up it actually survived with a sliver of health and now I'm worried it will happen again the next time I see it.

E1-C5
B4-C6

Should be enough to win and give you 600 coins.

I thought there would be more interest in this update. There are so many Pokemon that are fixed by this Skill Swapper and make Raise Max Levels worth spending finally.

Ampharos actually having a useful ability and being able to create a Mega Boost+ for it with Rotom.

Donphan's Ground Type Prye to pair with Garchomp and Landorus-T's Risk Taker.

Block Smash+ for Water Types and/or Psychics (Mew actually is useful now after RML)

Celebi's 100 Base Cheer combined with the Pixie Trio's Mind Zap, Paralyze, or Sleep Charm

Ho-Oh's Prye is probably not worth it. You're essentially raising Delphox's base by 10 on an ability with 100% activation rate on match 4s. There are more priorities on type exclusive abilities at least for me.

My first 4 Skill Swappers (free+Misson Card 9+ 2 in first 100 levels of Escalation )will go to ...

1) Raikou- already spent, farming PSB as much as I can afford
2) Suicine- Block Smash+ Water type (maybe all three legendaries set to return after Raikou?)
3) Donphan- unique ability only belonging to it. Unlikely to see anything top it in base power any time soon.
4) Rotom? 105 base Mega Boost+ on two of the slowest Megas that's tempting considering how Jirachi makes Mega's like Mawile viable with its MB+ ability. Mew is close probably lean Block Smash+

Is it me or now is more difficult to get a +100 combo? :| Not even in safari with gengar I'm reaching these numbers...

Ho-Ho is the best for swapping skills (with the Blaziken/Fire team no bug pokemon should survive).

Try the Soloaris stage with Mega MewtwoY/Chimecho/Solosis

Yeah I'm excited about the new Ampharos skill because I like the Pokemon despite being hampered by its slow evolution rate and terrible ability.

I agree about using the free swapper on Raikou. It looks like the skill boost drop rate on its stage isn't great but it's easily beatable.

The roadblock with the higher levels is the XP needed.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Indeed. It made the difference between 30,000 on Mega Gyarados and 52,000 on Mega Gyarados
Well crap, now I regret using the Skill Swapper on Ho-Oh now....

....wait, when the hell were 3 more mission cards added? Guess I can focus on those for the time being. Mission Card #9 requests you make exactly 22 matches. Any suggestions?

Kaleo

Neo Member
Well crap, now I regret using the Skill Swapper on Ho-Oh now....

....wait, when the hell were 3 more mission cards added? Guess I can focus on those for the time being. Mission Card #9 requests you make exactly 22 matches. Any suggestions?

Luckily, did that when I was trying another mission on Card #9 (activating Mega Boost a few times on Snorlax's stage).

By the way, the "Erase 40 black clouds on Yveltal's stage" mission is pure bullshit, what the hell...

I agree about using the free swapper on Raikou. It looks like the skill boost drop rate on its stage isn't great but it's easily beatable

With only 7 days to play Raikou compared to Ho-Oh's 14 that's another thing to consider. Raikou can be beaten with practically any team, I hope not giving out EXP is in error and will get patched.

Just turn it on. When you play Raikou or Ho-Oh it will just happen. I got it from farming Raikou already.

The top two on MissionCard 7 are easy to complete just playing Raikou as well.

Also...

Heads Up: Hold of on Skill Swapping Mew til you beat Mission Card 9's Conkeldurr's Stage you'll need its Power of 5 ability.

Ondore

By the way, the "Erase 40 black clouds on Yveltal's stage" mission is pure bullshit, what the hell...

To expand on this:

- Yveltal's field has 16 clouds at the start
- It spawns clouds every time you make a match of 3, which takes 3 seconds to appear (roughly) - supposed to be 2 clouds but in reality, not so much
- The most time you can get on this without a jewel is 70 seconds (base 60 and a T+10)

So Celebi is returning soon, does anyone plan on Skill Swapping it to Cheer? It will only take 50 PSB to reach LVL 5 so it will have 100% activation rate on any match.

Could be useful on stages even where it is not SE?

Is spending a Skill Swap worth it now, considering how few we have available just to take a 60% activation rate on match 3's to 100%?

Would you rather save it for someone else and no let Genius Sonority dictate when Skill Swaps should be spent?

Orgen

Any advice for the Nidoking (or queen) misión about clearing 25 blocks? It seems that it doesn't trigger any more blocks from turn number 10 so I'm lost :|

Top Bottom