• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Any advice for the Nidoking (or queen) misión about clearing 25 blocks? It seems that it doesn't trigger any more blocks from turn number 10 so I'm lost :|

He triggers blocks so long as a block is already there. If you remove all blocks then no more come. You have to keep at least one block there at all times.

Was half-asleep and ended up entering the Landorus stage with my Raikou team. Almost beat it too since I had Mega Ray but the lack of SE Pokemon was too much to overcome.

By the way, the "Erase 40 black clouds on Yveltal's stage" mission is pure bullshit, what the hell...

There's no way to force a board reset on that stage is there? I guess it's not possible to have no moves available on a timed stage unless there are a ton of blocks or barriers in the way.

Do you think we just need to wait for new stages where an ability like Goad would be the difference between not having to use a jewel to complete the mission?

"Goad (5%, 30%, 80%, damage, x1, +5%, +10%, +15%, +20%): May force the foe to trigger its disruption immediately."

Cheer> Goad> More Clouds> Repeat

Looking at the new ability list Good Luck didn't stand out at the time.

"Good Luck (0%, 0%, 0%, damage, x1.2): Makes it more likely to receive items when set as a Support."

I want one NOW!

....wait, when the hell were 3 more mission cards added? Guess I can focus on those for the time being. Mission Card #9 requests you make exactly 22 matches. Any suggestions?

If you're still having bad luck with RNG, Xatu Stage 369 has fixed opening moved that creates a 22 hit combo. (F1 > E6)

OH THANK GOD

Having seen it and failed to have beaten it once, I just beat and caught Shiny Gyarados at the second time of asking.

Never again.

Kaleo

Neo Member
Do you think we just need to wait for new stages where an ability like Goad would be the difference between not having to use a jewel to complete the mission?

Perhaps... but if Goad works like a reverse Prank, it will need a timed disruption to activate, and Yveltal doesn't have that.

I wonder if GS will nerf this mission in the future, or if Yveltal will appear in a Special PSB-grindable stage (like Raikou currently) with more clouds... otherwise, looks like it's impossible to beat this card without spending jewel(s).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
How the hell do I do the mission that requires you to break 30 rocks on Timburr's stage with only fire pokemon? Am I gonna have to resort to using items?

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
How the hell do I do the mission that requires you to break 30 rocks on Timburr's stage with only fire pokemon? Am I gonna have to resort to using items?
Yeah, I used uncandied MCharizard and a Mega Start, and even that was a close call. Gotta activate Pyre as much as possible.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
My team was MCharizard Y, Ninetails, Ho-Oh, & another 100 power Fire. Probably will have to use items, it seems.

Need to figure if I want to bother with any Mission Card 9 stuff. I really only do missions when I have a ton of coins (got 81k+ right now, & I still need to do weekend meowth) but maybe I should wait & see what new stuff we might get this week.

Kaleo

Neo Member
My team was MCharizard Y, Ninetails, Ho-Oh, & another 100 power Fire. Probably will have to use items, it seems.

Need to figure if I want to bother with any Mission Card 9 stuff. I really only do missions when I have a ton of coins (got 81k+ right now, & I still need to do weekend meowth) but maybe I should wait & see what new stuff we might get this week.

Since new patches have two weeks of new content, next week's stuff is known already by dataminers - everything below will start next Tuesday:
- Registeel repeat
- Regice repeat
- Regirock repeat (drops Personal Skill Boosters)
- Celebi repeat (drops Personal Skill Boosters)
- Jirachi repeat (once a day, runs from Tuesday until Friday)
- Escalation Battle (Origin Giratina), 300 levels, timed. The prizes:
20: EXP Booster S
30: Time +10
40: Skill Swapper
50: Disruption Delay
60: EXP 1.5
70: Mega Speedup
80: EXP Booster S
90: EXP Booster M
100: Skill Swapper
130: Skill Booster M
150: Mega Speedup
180: 2 EXP Booster M
200: Raise Max Level
230: 2 EXP Booster M
250: Raise Max Level
280: Raise Max Level
300: 2 Raise Max Level

Cosmozone

Safari fail. :( Didn't see that shiny Gyarados a single time after 150 tries or so, can't really say. Low on coins, too, now because I couldn't grind them.

Did they stop offering that temporary shop deal after the initial month they introduced it? It was during the second Latios EB a jewel for infinity hearts for and hour or a jewel for quick replenishing hearts I think was the other option?

Not the money maker they thought it would be I guess?

I didn't realise that the Gyaradosite worked on Shiny Gyarados too.

Water-type Mega Gengar's nothing to be sniffed at. Slap a few Mega Speedups on it and we're good to go.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh snap, it DOES work on the Shiny version? AND it's basically Mega Gengar: Water Edition? Well that's awesome, & makes the patience of trying to get him in the safari feel more worth it.

Chris1

Water version of Gengar is cool, I'm surprised they actually added another ability the same as Gengar's since he's so overpowered.

There is a caveat; Mega S-Gyarados takes a lot longer to activate than Mega Gengar- it needs eight Mega Speedups to get where Mega Gengar starts at. Still, it's a great ability, and Water's a decent typing for it.

Kaleo

Neo Member
Since I switched back from a Windows Phone to an Android, started playing on mobile too, since Sunday. Not pressuring myself to max or obtaining everything at this point, I don't even know if I will have every Pokémon one day haha... I'll let this for the 3DS version.

But feels weird using Shiny Gyarados (sadly I didn't get the stone), Skill-Swapped Raikou and Origin Giratina on earlier stages. Everyone on the main stages is more easier than I remember, lol
(Special Stages, on the other hand... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

By the way, any mobile friend requests are welcome :D WRDE-8PLP

daydream

Banned
question re: skill swaps - are there several tiers of skills like a skill tree or is it just swap A -> B (and B back to A)?

Kaleo

Neo Member
question re: skill swaps - are there several tiers of skills like a skill tree or is it just swap A -> B (and B back to A)?

With the exception of Mew and Ampharos, all the others can only swap A->B, and B back to A.

Regarding Mew and Ampharos, they have more than a single Skill option: when you use one Skill Swapper on them, you can choose which new Skill they will have from a list.
Mew have Block Smash+ / Eject+ / Barrier Bash+ / Power of 4+ as alternate skills, while Ampharos have Mega Boost / Paralysis Combo as options.

(Although isn't recommended to change Mew's skill before clearing Conkeldurr's mission on Card 9...)

*EDIT* By the way, I did a mistake on a previous post - Jirachi only starts tomorrow.

Got a decent run for Gyarados on Sunday but thankfully I checked a couple hours before it ended and I was at 1070. Did another run and placed much higher.

Unfortunately because of grinding coins for more item runs, I ran out of time to do the Landorus stage, and only got halfway to level 4. Oh well.

Caught Giratina at 15%.

Does the game even explain immunities to the player?

I feel like they need to spell it out somewhere since it doesn't follow the rock paper scissor logic of the main games.

CassSept

Donphan might be a good choice, it has Ground Forces (Pyre for ground type, though it does have a pretty bad activation rate I guess) and can get decent attack with Raise Max Lvl.

Kaleo

Neo Member
Pyre for Ho-Oh's pretty good.

About it... Delphox have 10AP less, and have the same Skill...
Suicune feels like a better option before Ho-Oh, since a Block Smash+ Water user fills a niche - and lots of Ground/Rock Pokémon stages summons blocks, so...

(besides, Suicune can even receive Raise Max Levels now, so a 110AP Block Smash+ Water type will be extremely useful)

Machine

I'm up to about level 120 on Giratina. I think once I hit 150 I'm out though. Time to go back to coin grinding so I can finish those last few EX levels. I tried Hydregion once and can tell it will take some work.

I just passed level 50 on Giratina myself. I usually stop at 100 but if 101+ are doable I may go for 130.

Current team is Absol, Darkrai, Zoroark, and Giratina-O. I find that spending a couple seconds to start a Sinister Power combo is worth it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
At lv. 121, team has been MAX Mega Gengar, Yveltal, Hydreigon, & (right now) level 5 Giratina (Origin).

Ondore

Used Absol or Sharpedo/Giratina-O/Darkrai/Yveltal for up to 130, but don't want to take any more chances so switched to Gengar/Giratina-A/Hydreigon/Yveltal for the last 20. In the mid 140s now.

For Skill Swappers, I'm leaning toward Block Smash+ on Mew and Suicune because eff those things.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'll probably use the skill swaps on Suicune & Entei since I can use Raise Max on them (already put 4 on Raikou, along with the skill swapper) and they'll be more valuable compared to before.

Waiting for a good time to use a Level Up lollipop on Raikou or the other 2 since it'd make more sense to use it on a higher level (like 9 or 14) to avoid grinding.

Oh well here's a new one, there's a repeat safari - but they've added two Pokémon to it that weren't in it before.

Winking Pikachu and Winking Raichu. Kinda bullshit.

EDIT: Oh that's new as well, I beat a safari Pokémon I'd already beaten and it gifted me 200 coins in a present.

Oh well here's a new one, there's a repeat safari - but they've added two Pokémon to it that weren't in it before.

Winking Pikachu and Winking Raichu. Kinda bullshit.

EDIT: Oh that's new as well, I beat a safari Pokémon I'd already beaten and it gifted me 200 coins in a present.

Apparently we get occasional drops in the Safari now. Coins or an Exp. Booster M according to the Info tab.

I guess it makes hunting that last Pokemon more bearable

Kaleo

Neo Member
Since Hoopa is #608 in the Pokedex I guess we will get the new levels next week. Lets wait for the pastebin to confirm :)

Doesn't seem to be the case... right now, there's no numbered Pokémon on the game code, between #578 (Unfezant) and #608 (Hoopa) ( https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/WVW69jY5X0cOy7dxjz ), so it would require another update in order to rearrange and insert the numbers between Unfezant and Hoopa. But seems plausible if they're"selected" those Pokémon, in order to release them at the next update patch in two weeks from now.

Although, probably, Rhyperior will be released next week... their stats were updated on the game code: Hyper Punch, 70 base AP.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*sees special stage background*

YEAAAAAAAAH

*Manetric*

UUUUUGGGGGHHHH

Hoopa was easy enough. Think I'm gonna have to stop at level 290 for Giratina, even with a MAX team of three 100 attack Pokemon, it's not enough.

Eww, had to use 3 Great Balls to catch Raichu with 75% chance.

On the plus side, it's nice that caught Safari mons can drop items. Only got coins so far and not enough to cover the 7500 hole in my pocket.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looks like a new mission card was added:

- Win with 35 seconds remaining (Absol stage, bring Azumarill)
- Erase 8 blocks (LIepard stage, bring Klefki)
- Make a combo of 10 or more (Haunter stage, bring Liepard)
- Trigger Quirky 3 times (Lampent stage, bring Haunter)
- Trigger Mega Absol's effect 5 times (Gengar stage)

6 stars will get you an Absolite (or EXP Booster L if already have), 9/all stars will give you 5,000 coins

Kaleo

Neo Member
So we'll have a Mega Manectric repeat next week, it's a Fast-Match one (urgh).

Also, incoming repeats (with farmable Skill Boosters): Landorus-T, Palkia and Bellossom, and Daily Pokémon #2 (Pachirisu, Sigilyph, Tropius, Farfetch'd and Druddigon) - not counting Rhyperior, of course.

MiTYH

Took a couple (10 ish) tries to get Winking Pikachu to show up. Easy stage though, every turn bringing a ton of them to clear the board.

Baser was 26% I think, I had it to 30% and missed. 60% get er done though

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Phew, got Winking Pikachu already, that was quick. Now to just get Raichu.

Mission Card 10 was rather easy.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sweeet, got Raichu already w/ super catch rate.

Thank goodness that was a rather easy safari. Guess I'll go back to Meowth while leveling up Raikou, Entei, & Suicune.

Top Bottom