• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Ondore

Safari: Done in 24 hearts. Never saw Manectric, actually.

Hoopa: Caught and will be paying visits to Victini this weekend.

Just got to knock off some of the Mission Card stuff and I'll be able to relax and check in before Tuesday.

Is anyone trying to farm Azelf? You only need 9 PSB to reach Lvl 3 but I'm only consistently getting past 1/4 health left but not enough for a victory.

Reached Lv. 150 on Giratina, think that's enough. Rest of the rewards doesn't seem to be worth it tbh. 5 Mega Speedups until MRay is maxed out.
francis.png

Still missing Raichu in the Safari. Spent like 21 hearts already, haven't encountered it once.
francis.png

Hoopa was an easy catch and it seems reasonably useful?

The repeats in the coming weeks leave me a bit cold. Aside from Rhyperior of course (watch it have some kinda power of 5 ability).

Is anyone trying to farm Azelf? You only need 9 PSB to reach Lvl 3 but I'm only consistently getting past 1/4 health left but not enough for a victory.

As soon as I get Winking Raichu and there's a reliable strategy. Paralyze can be pretty useful but its activation rate is atrocious.

CassSept

Well that was some luck that made up for some recent safaris. I've gotten both Winking mons within 15 hearts and even saw Manectric in the meantime.

I hope we get Blastoisinite card one day, it's been so damn long since it was last available, it has to be some record.

Orgen

Still haven't seen any winking Pokemon on the safari (25 hearts and counting)

Need to catch up with the mission cards (left Giratina on 151 level).

I don't know if I'll even get on present from Azelf let alone 9. It's probably not worth spending 800 coins for +10 seconds with Palkia and Bellosom coming next week.

You just gotta make 2 matches of 4 winking Raichu's

Knowing WRaichu's ability is Rock Break+ ahead of time makes the stage obvious. You just trigger its ability with the only match 4's available.

these pikachu variants are complete nonsense

Don't worry there's a Pikachu for that, surely Nonsense Pikachu is coming soon.

I like the idea of overwriting worthless released Pokemon with variants but at least make Surfing Pikachu or Luchador Pikachu.

Kaleo

Neo Member
Can't post scans, but if the picture I saw on Shuffle's Discord channel is accurate, soon we'll have (maybe on the next patch, July 26?)
- Zygarde 10% (July 26 - August 9), Mew (starts August 9) and Ash-Greninja (August 2 - August 16) repeats
- Hoopa Unbound (needs clarification)
- 50 new stages with Mega Tyranitar as a boss

JoeM86

Can't post scans, but if the picture I saw on Shuffle's Discord channel is accurate, soon we'll have (maybe on the next patch, July 26?)
- Zygarde 10%, Mew and Ash-Greninja repeats
- Hoopa Unbound
- 50 new stages with Mega Tyranitar as a boss

It's accurate. It's from Pokémon Fan magazine

Kaleo

Neo Member
It's accurate. It's from Pokémon Fan magazine

Oh, thanks for confirming Joe. I just didn't understand Hoopa Unbound on the same panel/square as Mega T-Tar (although Confined is right after...), maybe it will appear on the main stages?

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
That's cool if Hoopa isn't an escalation battle. I want to dive into the main stages right away for once.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hopefully Tyranitar's Mega ability will be worth it. The only other Rock type that can Mega Evolve is Aerodactyl, & his usefulness varies, especially when his attack is only 80 max when Tyranitar is 100 max.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This week is mainly repeats. Repeat Bellossom, Palkia, dailies, & Mega Manectric competition.

Only new pokemon is Rhyperoir.

Maybe I'll get Landorus-T to LVL 5 this time around.

Yeah I was thinking that too, but Bellossom looks promising. Uses no coins either.

Mind Zap (10%, 40%, 100%; Increased Activation by +5%, +10%, +20%, +25%)

100 Skill Points
LV2: 1->5 SP
LV3: 6->20 SP
LV4: 21->40 SP
LV5: 41->100 SP

Palkia doesn't seem worth it.

Barrier Bash+ (50%, 100%, 100%; Increased Activation by +10%, +15%, +20%, +30%)

120 Skill Points
LV2: 1->5 SP
LV3: 6->30 SP
LV4: 31->70 SP
LV5: 71->120 SP

But I still need to find Winking Raichu...

Too bad Bellosom has such a terrible drop rate. And with only 6 days left to farm it, LVL 4 might be tough.

Has anyone tried using a Grass team against Bellosom? Maybe it's a placebo effect, but MSceptile, Oddish, Gloom, Lugia seem to drop more presents for me but it's such a weak team there's never a guaranteed win.

I just went back to MScizor and Volcarona so not to waste experience.

Palkia at least has a decent drop rate and as long as you planned to stock pile coins you should be able to reach whatever LVL you can afford. Facing Palkia so much makes me regret not getting Raikou's Barrier Bash to LVL 4.

Machine

Too bad Bellosom has such a terrible drop rate. And with only 6 days left to farm it, LVL 4 might be tough.

Do drop rates change with level? Because I got Bellossom to LVL 2 rather easily and then the boosters just completely stopped dropping. I finally said screw it after wasting 10+ hearts without seeing a single one.

Kaleo

Neo Member
Do drop rates change with level? Because I got Bellossom to LVL 2 rather easily and then the boosters just completely stopped dropping. I finally said screw it after wasting 10+ hearts without seeing a single one.

No one knows/can confirm yet, since drop rates weren't datamined so far... Maybe it's up to RNGesus, who knows.

I haven't noticed this with Bellosom yet but Uxie definitely had a noticeable drop off after LVL 3 or 4. They probably just crank up the ease early on so newer players don't feel left out with weaker teams.

Got really lucky last night/this morning. 3 drops from Eevee (including a M booster), 2000 coin bonus from Tropius (plus the 200 for beating it), and got Winking Raichu with my last heart without using a Great Ball. Even caught Rhyperior without a GB, though I needed to play the stage 4 times.

Durden77

Playing this now because of GO refusing to let me forget about Pokemon. It's pretty fun. So do they evolve or do you just catch the evolved forms?

Kaleo

Neo Member
So Mega Tyranitar isn't the final boss for the current area, since it appears at Stage 420... instead, it's Hoopa Unbound.

CassSept

Now not only we got stupid reskins like Winking Pikachu or Shiny Magikarp, we're getting farmable main stage repeats too... crap.

Now not only we got stupid reskins like Winking Pikachu or Shiny Magikarp, we're getting farmable main stage repeats too... crap.

With so many common Pokemon capable of swapping skills you had to figure they would drop PSB at some point. Yeah it's an odd way to integrate them into the game but I can't wait for a Ground Forces Donphan and Mewtwo's merry trio of Mega Boosters to farm.

So wait, the new main stages are just old main stages? Couldn't they have just, you know, updated the old ones? Are they at least as easy to beat as the early-game stages or have they turned them into cunts like everything past stage 250 or so?

Things you might miss this week are a buy 6 jewels get 6 free promo, and also a few Pokémon have had their SpeedUps altered. Banette can now take 12 instead of 8, and a few others.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
wtf, two repeats within the first 5 stage & this stage 405 crap that I can't figure out.

I guess on the one hand, repeat pokemon = only need to focus on S-rank & not deal with also trying to catch them, but don't give me skill drops for freakin' Squirtle when I'm not using him at freakin' stage FOUR HUNDRED. Edit: Okay, I kind of take it back, there's freakin'
stages that're repeats, that's annoyingly high....but again, I guess that means more stages where I don't need to deal with actually catching them & possibly wasting coins on great balls.

Edit: Looks like some mega pokemon can take even more Mega Speedups now. Banette can now take an additional 4 speedups. Otherwise, I don't know the original number, but these are the ones who can take even more:

- Slowbro
- Banette (8 to 12)
- Ampharos
- Heracross (3(?) to 8)
- Sableye
- Mawile
- Diance

Chris1

Repeating main stage now? Lol...

4 more speedups to Banette is cool though.

Speaking of, not sure who to use my speedups on.. Currently I have Lucario 4/4, Gengar 1/1, Rayquaza 20/20, Banette 8/12 with 19 speedups, 15 after I max out Banette again.

Thinking of Shiny Gyarados, but not sure how much use he'll get.. Rayquaza is basically all I use now.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So Mega Tyranitar isn't the final boss for the current area, since it appears at Stage 420... instead, it's Hoopa Unbound.
Hearing the mega skill is actually kind of good, it's
basically Mega Altaria or Blastoise but THREE spaces around him instead of two

@Chris1: Sounds like you should put it towards Shiny Gyarados if you consider the fact he's basically the water equivalent of Gengar, even more so if you max out the number of speedups he can since the match requirement is almost the same. Otherwise, perhaps Garchomp?

Chris1

Garchomp would be a waste I think, don't remember the last time I even used him. Rayquaza is far better. I was originally planning on maxing him out but I don't see when I'd ever use him now with Rayquaza in the picture.

Maxing Shiny Gyarados would bring it down to 9 matches to evolve, 1 quicker than Gengar & 4 quicker than Rayquaza, seems to be the only real option once you've got Rayquaza maxed. As powerful as Gengar was, Garchomp etc still had their place, now I'm not so sure. Doesn't help they've been adding Rock Break+ and such too.

Kaleo

Neo Member
Looks like certain previous stages received "adjustments", too (if the GameFAQs post is accurate) - http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/poketoru/news/post.php/325/ . Perhaps they're easier now?

#120: Mega Glalie
#135: Mega Gengar
#150: Mega Mewtwo Y
#195: Doublade
#210: Mega Heracross
#216: Gothorita
#220: Vivillon
#228: Gothitelle
#229: Sliggoo
#238: Gardevoir
#240: Mega Medicham
#249: Aromatisse
#250: Roserade
#259: Exploud

Ondore

MTyranitar: Clears area around three selectable spots (YAY!), but takes 30 icons and can absorb all 15 of those Speedups Chris1 is packing (BOO!).

Given how rare Speedups are now (Cressy gives one, maybe RNGesus blesses you in the Landorus stage), adding another 15 onto my backlog (need 11 to max Ray, then 10 for Gyarados, and now Tyranitar on top of that) is irritating as hell.

Huh, new stages. I'm at 350 right now (saving up coins for MMX) so I won't be tackling them for awhile.

The "spend 2 jewels for one hour of unlimited hearts" is back if you want to run through the Cresselia escalation.

I couldn't beat Landorus itemless. Thankfully it didn't drop a MSU so I wasn't tempted to use a jewel.

Durden77

You catch the evolved forms either later on or through special event like safaris.

So yeah like right now I'm about to catch Pidgeotto, does that mean there's like no point in leveling up Pidgey anymore?

If they can't evolve that's a bummer. Favorite part of Pokemon is raising them.

Also why when I match a T of Mega Khangasghan only one row matches?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So yeah like right now I'm about to catch Pidgeotto, does that mean there's like no point in leveling up Pidgey anymore?

If they can't evolve that's a bummer. Favorite part of Pokemon is raising them.
Pretty much. Once you catch a stronger version, no point in leveling up the weaker pokemon. I've reached the point where there's no reason for me to level up a pokemon whose base attack power is 60 (maybe 70 as well, depending on skill) or lower.

Top Bottom