• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Durden77

Pretty much. Once you catch a stronger version, no point in leveling up the weaker pokemon. I've reached the point where there's no reason for me to level up a pokemon whose base attack power is 60 (maybe 70 as well, depending on skill) or lower.

Lame, I've been leveling Squirtle like crazy hoping to get to Blastoise. Oh well.

Oh and also for the other question, can mega evolved Pokemon only be matched 1 row at a time?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yup, which is kind of useless when at this rate, you most likely don't use them anymore because you have much stronger/useful Pokemon.

Looks like the only "useful" repeat is Donphan.

You also have both Meowstics and Espeon that you could farm so you have 90% activation on match 3's for Mega Mewtwo Y vs Weekend Meowth

Having Mega Glalie's Chill trigger more often wouldn't be bad, it's one of the quicker abilities to farm with only needing 70 PSB. Though Winky Glalie could make it obsolete depending on its ability.

Charmeleon would cost 5 RML but having Burn trigger 75% of the time on match 4 could be appealing for those who invested in Skill Swapping Ho-Oh to Prye for the small bump in base power.

It's not a big list but maybe these repeats are on the short list to join the other skill swappers, like Umberon and Espeon continuing the Eevee's line of Eject+.

So do only the repeats drop PSB or do the new Pokes also drop presents after you catch them?

CassSept

Going through the stages... yeah, this might just be the update that breaks me. I'm annoyed enough by terrible Pokemon having hard stages, weak Pokemon that were already stages in the first batch? Yeah, how about no.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ugh, had to resort to C-1 to S-rank Mega Tyranitar, but done with the first 21 stages. How the hell did I deal with great balls that didn't work at 85% & FREAKIN' 94%.

Fewr

Going through the stages... yeah, this might just be the update that breaks me. I'm annoyed enough by terrible Pokemon having hard stages, weak Pokemon that were already stages in the first batch? Yeah, how about no.

I'm trying to play through this update but haven't had time for gaming lately and feel the same way about the game as you do. We'll see how it goes. I'd probably be alright just reading the update descriptions and looking at the new art.

Managed to battle my way to 350 so hey, I'm only 100 stages behind again!

Out of coins now though and since I can't be fucked with grinding Meowth after they broke Crowd Control, I'll just have to wait. Not even going to bother trying to beat it itemless.

Chris1

Managed to battle my way to 350 so hey, I'm only 100 stages behind again!

Out of coins now though and since I can't be fucked with grinding Meowth after they broke Crowd Control, I'll just have to wait. Not even going to bother trying to beat it itemless.

Wait what did they do to CC?

But I use conkeldurr for meowth grinding, SE and last ditch effort works really good.

Wait what did they do to CC?

But I use conkeldurr for meowth grinding, SE and last ditch effort works really good.

It used to have 100% activation at a match of four tokens, but now has a 60% activation. Basically means my formerly reliable Meowth strategy doesn't work about half the time.

Chris1

It used to have 100% activation at a match of four tokens, but now has a 60% activation. Basically means my formerly reliable Meowth strategy doesn't work about half the time.

Oh that was a while ago wasn't it, I thought they did something else with all the recent changes.

Give conkeldurr (or another pokemon with LDE) a try, works incredibly well for me but I only go for 4 matches I think you go for 5, so not sure how it'll work for you.

Oh that was a while ago wasn't it, I thought they did something else with all the recent changes.

Give conkeldurr (or another pokemon with LDE) a try, works incredibly well for me but I only go for 4 matches I think you go for 5, so not sure how it'll work for you.

What kinda score are you getting with LDE in the last turn? I was getting 500-600 points with Crowd Control on a final turn (minus any other combo), which meant even a really poor game was easily winnable in the last turn.

And yeah, this was a while ago. I haven't played that stage since, been just using daily bonuses and weekend Meowth.

Chris1

What kinda score are you getting with LDE in the last turn? I was getting 500-600 points with Crowd Control on a final turn (minus any other combo), which meant even a really poor game was easily winnable in the last turn.

And yeah, this was a while ago. I haven't played that stage since, been just using daily bonuses and weekend Meowth.

540 damage on 2nd last turn with a 4 match, not sure on last turn but I assume slightly higher than that

I always use to bring Conkeldurr or Mega Gengar to Meowth but I have just much luck with a balance team of who-the-fuck-ever.

Why waste the experience, so I bring a fighting type with a ghost or weak bp like Angry-chu and whoever is new to the party.

MScizor/Hitmonlee/Hoopla/Rhyperior is my current team and Swarm and Opportunist work fine as weak last ditch efforts if Hitmonlee can't finish the job by itself.

It's funny because I thought Crowd Control was too strong to bring to Meowth. Even after the nerf, I took Volbeat as my weakling to pump him up for Azelf and CC kept going off on match 3's when I didn't need it.

Mega Steelix repeat. Disrupts with Entei, rocks and barriers. May be worth skill swapping Entei but it seems like a waste since Rock Smash+ isn't useful anywhere else. Garchomp seems like the best Mega to use since it can clear rocks.

Victini also gives more XP now (500 base, 750 with EXP+). If only I knew before skimping on Moves+5.

Might grind some PSB's with Reshiram since the drop rate doesn't seem terrible.

MiTYH

Hey all. Been out of the game for a bit (I log in every now and then, try to get new pokes, but that's it).

What everyone's best strategy for coins? Seems like all special stages require coins nowadays. Like Reshiram. I can farm it easy enough with a garchomp/landerous-t/reshiram/palkia team (even though I'm 0/3 on anything dropping). But I'm starting to get low on coins.

Do people still go towards Meowth farming for coins (min 120 coins if I don't mess up)? Or is there a better strategy?

Ondore

Meowth, and hoarding jewels to use on Sunday Meowth (one jewel = three additional rounds). The Daily Pokemon give coin presents as well now if you want to change it up.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bought ten jewels for the monthly bonus. Feels bad.
Should've bought 12 since they're doing the bonus 6 jewels promo this month. I just bought 6 since we've got the new stages and the extra heart & daily 100 coins will help out.

Past the halfway point, at stage 434. EX42 was slightly annoying, but tolerable. Not sure if I'll use the Pokemon due to its attack power, but its ability is nice.

Starting to run out of Pokemon I can use to level up while grinding for coins again. Raikou is almost at lv. 14 & I have two level ups, so I'll use one to get him to lv. 15 quickly.

I guess there's a newsletter with a couple of PokeToru announcements. (courtesy of darxodia)

P9BWijO.png

I believe this was mentioned in the Pokemon Fan Magazine post from Kaleo and Joe. It was confusing because I assumed it was referring to the free Skill Swapper we already got when it was originally released but I guess we are getting another freebie(s) when we check in.

r30PfwW.png

So when Mew returns on August 9th the Garchomp/Phione Safari will more than likely return before the Mega Garchomp competition on 16th? That probably means the August 30th Mega Competition will be weak to water and feature Suicune as a disruption along with a PSB special event for Suicune.

What Ground or Rock or Fire Type Megas are left?

I think it will be a Fire type Mega so those new MGarchomp users can take it out for a spin... Mega Houndoom?
229-mega.png

Kaleo

Neo Member
Mega Camerupt is also a possibility, but... if I remember correctly, regular Camerupt was available only through a Safari, and Camerupt is a Ground-type also, right?

And YAY Mega Garchomp! I really need this thing for my mobile game D:

I regret giving this game money. Keeping hitting roadblocks, the current being Milotic.

Need better Pokemon but the catch rates are bullshit.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
HOW THE HELL DID VENIPEDE ESCAPE FROM 2 GREAT BALLS AT 80% KAYD08YOLQJH4IUG1K3BKDLHODIUOIYH

Also woah, Mega Tyranitar actually gives you CONTROL, that's rare. I can see that being extremely helpful during stages where you want to get rid of specific blocks or ice but can't make matches at the moment.

Should've bought 12 since they're doing the bonus 6 jewels promo this month. I just bought 6 since we've got the new stages and the extra heart & daily 100 coins will help out.

I'm not sure how useful these are really. An extra heart sounds nice but ultimately you're still going to have the same amount of hearts to use in a day. And 100 coins a day is only 3,000 over an entire month. Both of these are better than nothing I guess, but definitely not worth buying jewels for.

(Obviously the extra 6 jewels as well is cool though, now that they actually have a bit of purpose in weekend Meowth.)

So I was planning to quit Shuffle near the middle of July, but I ended up getting sucked back in...

Currently nearing the end of the new stages. Most of them are awful with awful mons (like usual, but now with repeats...), but I just want to get
Hoopa Unbound

MiTYH

Okay, I need help.

Been trying to catch up with main stages since I took a break from the game. And I'm stuck at... Gogoat.

I've tried everything. Normally running a M-blaziken, Reshiam, and two other fire ones (I forget who). I've used DD, extra moves. I just can't seem to take him down.

Currently farming Meowth for more coins (since i'm hurting from this, and the mega steelix comp), but could use advice is there's any to give

MiTYH

I don't remember the stage, but a mega-started Rayquaza makes light work of almost everything, if you've got it at that point.

Sadly not. Rayquaza is stage 290, his mega 300, this is 256.

EDIT: Part of the reason I'm trying to grind main stages is to get there

Chris1

Sadly not. Rayquaza is stage 290, his mega 300, this is 256.

EDIT: Part of the reason I'm trying to grind main stages is to get there

according to /r/pokemonshuffle S-ranking guides:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonShu..._to_sranking_stages_251_260_including_luxray/

256 Gogoat MegaChar / Glalie, 100 Att Mons +5 moves, Disruption Delay, Mega Start[4300 coins]

I don't remember exactly how I beat it but their guides tend to be pretty good. Also if you're having trouble, use Shuffle Move. Although it's kind of cheating so I try to avoid using it (and it takes way too long to set up it up and play just 1 game), but it's useful for the really difficult stages.

They also might be a little outdated now since there's better pokemon obtained via special stages, but they're a good guideline.

Orgen

I'm just stuck in the 404 stage (I think). It's an electric pokemon and I can't beat him itemless (or even with a Garchomp mega start). Any advice? (besides spending more than 4000 coins in items).

Thanks!

MiTYH

according to /r/pokemonshuffle S-ranking guides:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonShu..._to_sranking_stages_251_260_including_luxray/

256 Gogoat MegaChar / Glalie, 100 Att Mons +5 moves, Disruption Delay, Mega Start[4300 coins]

I don't remember exactly how I beat it but their guides tend to be pretty good. Also if you're having trouble, use Shuffle Move. Although it's kind of cheating so I try to avoid using it (and it takes way too long to set up it up and play just 1 game), but it's useful for the really difficult stages.

They also might be a little outdated now since there's better pokemon obtained via special stages, but they're a good guideline.

Shuffle move, forgot about that. I gave it a try and got closer than I ever have before, lot of RNG with Reshiam's and Blkazine's ability/placement. Will give it more goes in a while, thanks!

EDIT: FINALLY! Took a few tries in shufflemove to get it working. I'll admit, not a fan of it for "cheating" or whatever, but damn if it isn't useful.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well, Meganium was thankfully taken care of in just one attempt. Not sure if I want to bother with doing the Zygarde escalation challenge again, though thankfully I hit level 6 in just two attempts. Might just play until I can no longer breeze through it in about 2-3 turns, especially since I have a maxed out Zygarde 50% & Complete.

Ondore

My non-maxed MRay (12/20!) demands I go all the way to 250. Thank Arceus they nerfed the disruptions on 250 and 300.

Orgen

Stopping at stage 161 for Cresselia. Not worth it.

Yep, I stopped in the same stage :| I beat Eelektik (I think that's it's name) itmeless this morning but if the later pokemon are going to be like this... T_T

What other prizes has Zygarde further than the 100 stage?

Ondore

Prize for first beating level 125: 1 Exp. Booster M
Prize for first beating level 150: 1 Skill Swapper
Prize for first beating level 160: 1 Exp. Booster M
Prize for first beating level 180: 1 Skill Booster M
Prize for first beating level 200: 1 Raise Max Level
Prize for first beating level 225: 1 Exp. Booster M
Prize for first beating level 250: 1 Mega Speedup
Prize for first beating level 300: 2 Raise Max Level

Orgen

Prize for first beating level 125: 1 Exp. Booster M
Prize for first beating level 150: 1 Skill Swapper
Prize for first beating level 160: 1 Exp. Booster M
Prize for first beating level 180: 1 Skill Booster M
Prize for first beating level 200: 1 Raise Max Level
Prize for first beating level 225: 1 Exp. Booster M
Prize for first beating level 250: 1 Mega Speedup
Prize for first beating level 300: 2 Raise Max Level

mmmm... I'm in need of a Speedup (level 100) for Banette and a lot of Raise Max Level for Raikou, Entei and Suicune. What was the max level for Cresselia? 200? (I'm just thinking that maybe I'm able to get to level 200 on Zygarde only spending ítems in the prizes levels).

Thanks for the info!

30 minutes before the end of the M-Steelix competition, I'm about 100 places above the cutoff.

I check back a couple minutes later and 10 more people have played it for the first time, with 6 of them beating my score.

I think about it, then decide to do one more full-item run. I comfortably beat my score.

Welp, so much for that newletter containing accurate news.

Mega Garchomp Competition is returning next week but it's not a repeat like shown in the picture it will feature Suicune as a disruption not Phione. It's also going to be a Fast-Match Style Competition with a Skill Swapper and MSU as the top prize.

And here are the Check in Bonuses this week...

08/09/2016 1,000 Coins
08/10/2016 10 Heart(s)
08/11/2016 1 Disruption Delay
08/12/2016 1 Jewel
08/13/2016 1 Mega Start
08/14/2016 1 Moves +5
08/15/2016 1 Time +10

So if you don't check in religiously everyday just don't forget to check in on Friday and Saturday this week.

Also Timed Stage Lugia dropping PSB Event and a Typlosion who is worth even less than Meganium, on top of the Suicune PSB Event.

Top Bottom