• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Ondore

Joe's showing more rewards beyond the 15th:
August 16th: 1 Skill Swapper
August 17th: 1 Skill Booster M
August 18th: 1 Raise Max Level
August 19th: 1 Exp Point Booster S
August 20th: 1 Exp. Points * 1.5
August 21st: 1 Attack Power
August 22nd: 1 Mega Speedup

Cosmozone

Any recommendations which skill is best to use for Mew? Power of 4+ looks good as always but there's so much to choose from. It has also Barrier Bash+ (but there's another psyich pokemon, Cresselia, who can do that), Eject+ and Block Smash+.

I think Mew with Block Smash+ would be very useful for disruption-heavy stages, and it has synergy with Mega Mewtwo. It can also go to level 15, giving it a max AP of 100.

It just boils down whether you have the time to grind Mew to a high skill level and level 15. :p

Finally encountered Garchomp and snapped them with a great ball. :D
Don't know if he's going to be that helpful in the end, but there's no coin fee for his stage and he's easily defeated and drops his ability boost fairly often from my experience. I'll give it a try.
Still new to game and haven't really paid much attention to items.

Any recommendations which skill is best to use for Mew? Power of 4+ looks good as always but there's so much to choose from. It has also Barrier Bash+ (but there's another psyich pokemon, Cresselia, who can do that), Eject+ and Block Smash+.
I went with Block Smash+ too, already past LVL 3. The drop rate seems great I'll probably go for LVL5 once the Escaltion Battle is over.

Really you can't go wrong with either PO4+, BS+ or Eject+, there's not one ability that's a cut above the others.

Every Pokemon with BS+ is used so frequently in the game, I don't think I'd regret switching to that ability. Even underpowered Pokes like Talonflame and Golurk are made useful with BS+

I just hope they don't release something more powerful that makes the swapped ability repetitive.

CassSept

Mega Steelix was available through a competition.

It's useless. I have a faint memory of using it once a few months back, but it's quite literally the worst mega in the game, even the normal type starting ones are better.

Ondore

Mega Steelix's problem is that he's good for specific stages - Probopass, Aromatisse, Ramprados - but after that he's questionable.

Chris1

How do the PSB's work? Like, what is it that makes you actually get them? Is it just random?

Reason I ask is because I've spent like 4k coins on reshiram and haven't seen a single one, not sure if taking reshiram on my team is effecting it somehow or if I'm just getting extremely bad luck?

How do the PSB's work? Like, what is it that makes you actually get them? Is it just random?

Reason I ask is because I've spent like 4k coins on reshiram and haven't seen a single one, not sure if taking reshiram on my team is effecting it somehow or if I'm just getting extremely bad luck?

Yep. Completely random.

Mega Heracross stage is just insulting. Even using a mega start proved fruitless.

Yeah MHeracross is one of those stages that gets burned into your memory like Milotic or Onyx. Hitting Streak was the only ability that activated, I could not get anything else to work so I went in with something like Salamence, Blaziken and Aurous but I can't remember which Mega was available at that time probably Charizard Y might have even been M Aerodactyl.

And don't worry about Steelix, I prefer Mawile/Jirachi when a Mega Steel Type is needed. Steelix requires a stage built specifically with it I mind to be effective.

Unfortunately that's just terrible luck. After three loses I step away do something else and come back with a different team. MRay/LandorusT/Palkia/Reshiram probably kills it the fastest, that's a long stage with 30 moves. There's no need to spend more time on it than you have to.

I think I'm too weak to defeat Ash Greninja without attack up. :\
Yeah MHeracross is one of those stages that gets burned into your memory like Milotic or Onyx. Hitting Streak was the only ability that activated, I could not get anything else to work so I went in with something like Salamence, Blaziken and Aurous but I can't remember which Mega was available at that time probably Charizard Y might have even been M Aerodactyl.

And don't worry about Steelix, I prefer Mawile/Jirachi when a Mega Steel Type is needed. Steelix requires a stage built specifically with it I mind to be effective.
I've tried with both Charizard Y and M Aerodactyl. :( The rest of my team consists of Salamence, Heatran, and Aurorus. Also have Moltres.

Ondore

Man, Meowth today was rough. Forgot M+5 on one run, only got 5600 out of a free M+5 and Mega Start run, then 7400 after accidentally buying Mega Start... I'm amazed I finished above 20k

Eventually beat Mega Heracross and not I have met my new foe, Scatterbug. Fuck this shit. I need to remember this the next time I think about giving this game money. Not that Scatterbug is hard to beat but you need them for the following stage and they have a shit catch rate.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Finally made it to stage 450, but it sounds as though it'll have to be a full item run based on the experience of other players.

Really hasn't been any more Pokemon worth leveling up from this new set. I got Poliwrath leveled up, but unsure if I'll ever actually use him, or the next EX stage Pokemon once I unlock it. Hell, looking back, aside from EX41, the last notable Pokemon worth leveling up was EX29 & EX21.

daydream

Banned
i feel like they wanted to gift us some free s-ranks with the repeat stages but forgot about the 'free' part along the way and made them just as annoying as the rest

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well, Typhlosion sure was easy....too bad I pretty much have no reason to level him up when I have three attack power 100 fire types....

Also got a skill swapper, but I need to figure out who to use it on. Perhaps on Ampharos & switching to Mega Boost? Otherwise, I pretty much don't have anyone else it'd be worth using it on that I haven't already given one to.

Ondore

So with Typhlosion done, just need to set my score for the competition and spend the week getting back to max ahead of what awaits next week.

I wonder if it'd be worth foregoing DD this time...

Well, Typhlosion sure was easy....too bad I pretty much have no reason to level him up when I have three attack power 100 fire types....

Also got a skill swapper, but I need to figure out who to use it on. Perhaps on Ampharos & switching to Mega Boost? Otherwise, I pretty much don't have anyone else it'd be worth using it on that I haven't already given one to.

Pretty useful guide, imo

I've wasted 3000 coins on Typhlosion and still haven't caught this thing. If I knew he wasn't going to stay in his ball I would have started tossing Great Ball earlier.

Mew is a good choice you'll be able to reach whatever level you want in a week. In 5 days I was on lvl 4 and that's with 100+ levels knocked out on the EB. Now with a week left I'm about 75% to LVL5.

Skill Swappers are starting to pile up now. I've got three (+Mission Card 9 if I ever complete it) Not sure if I should hold onto them in case a new batch of eligible Pokes get released or go ahead and use them.

My next three possibilities are...

1) Donphan- Ground Forces (since you can farm that ability now)
2) Ampharos -Mega Boost
3) Rotom - Mega Boost+

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
ARE YOU KIDDING. So I had 7 moves left on Hoopa Unbound, but it still decides to give me the S-rank.....WELL THAT'S A NICE GLITCH. Now caught up aside from EX43.

Also, bummer, I see the attack power, am stoked, but then see the ability is
Risk Taker
, so now I don't know if I want to bother leveling it up....

ARE YOU KIDDING. So I had 7 moves left on Hoopa Unbound, but it still decides to give me the S-rank.....WELL THAT'S A NICE GLITCH. Now caught up aside from EX43.

Also, bummer, I see the attack power, am stoked, but then see the ability is
Risk Taker
, so now I don't know if I want to bother leveling it up....

Not a glitch. Some stages have more lenient S rank conditions.

That ability is amazing and greatly misunderstood. Also, you only need 3 small skill boosters to get it to Level 3, I think. Or one medium booster. Definitely worth boosting up to 3 at least.

Also, it took me a whole freaking hour to farm 5 skill boosters for Suicune. WTF. Is the drop rate just that low or was I super unlucky? I was metaphorically throwing my 3DS against the wall.

That ability is amazing and greatly misunderstood. Also, you only need 3 small skill boosters to get it to Level 3, I think. Or one medium booster. Definitely worth boosting up to 3 at least.

Also, it took me a whole freaking hour to farm 5 skill boosters for Suicune. WTF. Is the drop rate just that low or was I super unlucky? I was metaphorically throwing my 3DS against the wall.
HoopaU already got a Small Skill Booster from me which took it to LVL 2 during the Crestila EB and now for Mew Farming (LVL 5 reach last night btw)

I was trying to screen grab an image of two presents flying in the air at the same time when Risk Taker goes off for 1800+ attack points knocking Mew's health in half with one match 4 move.

And Suicune drop rate does suck just like the other legendary dogs. But I did get RML to drop a third of the way to lvl 3 so maybe that makes up for my crap luck against Typlosion.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guess I'll level up Hoopa & Landorus-I, then. I just feared it would make S-ranks more luck based & I might get a bad run of only getting low damage when it triggered.

Free Mega SpeedUp for checking in today, don't forget.

Oooh yeah. I need too many of these. Got a fully candied M Ray, but looking to power up another Mega in the future.

Meanwhile I have 4 Skill Swappers that I don't know what to do with. I already used them on Raikou and Suicune. Any other recommendations?

Also need more Raise Max Levels...

Mew is a good choice for Psychic Block Smash+. Pitiful attack power (unless you get it to 15) but hey, Talonflame and Golurk see use. PSB's are relatively easy to grind (though the stage takes hearts). You'll need 30 PSB's total to hit level 3.

Maybe Ampharos for Mega Boost?

Mew is a good choice for Psychic Block Smash+. Pitiful attack power (unless you get it to 15) but hey, Talonflame and Golurk see use. PSB's are relatively easy to grind (though the stage takes hearts). You'll need 30 PSB's total to hit level 3.

Maybe Ampharos for Mega Boost?

Thanks for suggestions. Oh yeah, Ampharos sounds like a good one. I really like him, but he evolves way too slow normally.

Mew looks interesting, but I don't have the RMLs to spare (I used them on Kyogre, Groudon and currently Suicune) and I don't like farming PSBs (Suicune took a hour to get to Level 2, can't even imagine Level 3...).

Very surprised to see I got Mega Garchomp. I thought the 44,000 score I posted would have been nowhere near good enough.

I also just beat Mega Rayquaza but I can't catch the regular one. Ridiculous.

daydream

Banned
went all-out on the new kyogre on the first try since playing the stage was so expensive. man, they're killing me, though, with the lack of m-sceptile repeat

Nice update.

Got White Kyurem on my 3rd try, had to use ATK+ and DD tho. My team: MRayquaza (fully maxed, finally), Xerneas, Diancie, Dialga (for Block Smash+).

Mega Diancie Escalation battle should be an easy source for 2 Mega Speedups if you already have Diancite.

PSB for Shaymin and Zekrom are nice as both skills are pretty useful. Shaymin costs heart but apparently has a low drop rate.

Also, Charizard X comp soon. Finally. I missed it the first time around, only Mega Stone I'm missing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Why is it "White" Kyurem when regular Kyurem is already white? Also holy crap, 5 of those recommendation icons. Think that's the first time I've seen that many, with only a select few having 4.

Uuugghhh, can Aggron get his Mega Stone so I can have a good Mega Steel type? Steelix's ability is useless & Mawile is just way too weak.

CassSept

Why is it "White" Kyurem when regular Kyurem is already white? Also holy crap, 5 of those recommendation icons. Think that's the first time I've seen that many, with only a select few having 4.

Uuugghhh, can Aggron get his Mega Stone so I can have a good Mega Steel type? Steelix's ability is useless & Mawile is just way too weak.

90 BP and Eject++, pretty sick even if with a useless type.

White Kyurem and Black Kyurem where fusions of Kyurem with Reshiram/Zekrom added in BW2. Regular Kyurem is more grey than white tbh.

Top Bottom