• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, 90 BP with Eject++ is rather good, making it one of the strongest available once you max its level. Just a shame you can't pair it with Rayquaza since it's Dragon.

Ahhh, okay. I was just going by the icons on the game, I haven't played a main entry Pokemon game since Silver/Gold/Crystal & I was around 9 or 10 when those came out, so I'm kind of out of the loop for anything after those games.

Cool update. Peeved that I bought jewels before the update so I don't get the bonus. :| Didn't do as well in the competition as I hoped but at least I'll get Mega Garchomp.

Kaleo

Neo Member
Also, next week we'll have Xerneas on Special Stages (can drop PSB or Raise Max Levels), Arceus (can't drop anything), Regice (can drop PSB) and a repeat from the Daily Pokémon #5.

Ondore

The additional rewards for Diancie:

- LV130: Exp Booster M x2
- LV150: Mega Speedup x1
- LV180: Skill Booster S x1
- LV200: Raise Max Level x1
- LV250: Skill Swapper x1
- LV300: Skill Booster L x1

I guess I didn't need to catch Goodra after all, it will probably forever be LVL 3 with W.Kyurem in tow.

Bit surprised we got such a heavy week after a Comp/Safari/EB just ending. What's this, the forth EB in a row? I was expecting Fertigator and a few mission cards.

Stage On

All these escalation battles are killing me! I want to catch up on the main stages but can't because of them. Just as I finish one and get my coins back up to snuff another one comes out.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What the hell, Diancie 100 should NOT be this hard. Guess I gotta switch to Mawile.......which made it muuucchhh easier for some reason despite being weaker.

Whatever, got the speedup, Rayquaza now has 16 of them. Soon, I shouldn't need to use Mega Start whenever I use him.

MiTYH

After ignoring story mode for faaar too long, I've made it my mission to get Rayquaza.

Currently just beat Deoxys after a tough run and caving to buy items. that's 260/290, so a little bit away to my prize

Diancie does not get angry as often as Zygarde 50%. :\ Stuck on the main stages and I can't beat and catch Mewtwo for the life of me.

Wish I could quit this game. It's only becoming more and more apparent that power ups and thus coins are almost necessary for harder stages. Meowth grinding kills my soul and I'm not good at it.

What score should I be looking to get to realistically stand a chance of getting Mega Charizard?

Just posted 33,000 but I don't think that's anywhere near good enough.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I just got 64,092 on my first attempt w/ M-Rayquaza, Xerneas, White Kyurem, & Kyurem, all MAX level aside from White Kyurem who's at level 8.

....as of this post, I am ranked 291 out of 3,491. Basically, use the ranking to see where you rank & it'll tell you the score you need to beat in order to get into the range of getting the higher prizes.

So like right now, you need to have over 20,147 to be in the top 1600. So at the moment, you might be fine, but definitely check back in a few days to see if you need to make another attempt.

Diancie does not get angry as often as Zygarde 50%. :\ Stuck on the main stages and I can't beat and catch Mewtwo for the life of me.

Wish I could quit this game. It's only becoming more and more apparent that power ups and thus coins are almost necessary for harder stages. Meowth grinding kills my soul and I'm not good at it.

If you've got jewels, you can make pretty decent progress just with weekend Meowth. One jewel on Sunday just gone netted me 21,700 coins (even after deducting the 3,200 I spent) which is enough to keep me S-ranking one or two stages a day before the next weekend.

I swear that escalation battles always get angry after a boss level to entice you to keep going. Well, sorry Diancie but I'm not going past 100.

Why not bring other Fairy types so they can be removed with Mega Ray? Some of the top scores even use Togekiss/Clefable's Pixie Power.

I can't imagine being a new player. You have main stages, expert stages, and special stages, all requiring coins. To get coins with Meowth, you need to spend hearts. To play stages, you need hearts.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I swear that escalation battles always get angry after a boss level to entice you to keep going. Well, sorry Diancie but I'm not going past 100.
101-149 is super easy though (by far not as annoying as 90-99), and 150 gets you another speed up. I'd say it's worth it.

If you've got jewels, you can make pretty decent progress just with weekend Meowth. One jewel on Sunday just gone netted me 21,700 coins (even after deducting the 3,200 I spent) which is enough to keep me S-ranking one or two stages a day before the next weekend.
I'm not good with weekend Meowth either. :|

I'm not good with weekend Meowth either. :|

Haha, oh.

Well, way I do it is to play with Banette as your Mega (Gengar if you don't have it) and with ghost types with Mega Boost. Then Yamask for Quirky because I only have two ghost types with Mega Boost.

Then just concentrate on getting combos of at least 3, while at the same time trying to evolve your Mega ASAP. So if you have a switch with Chandelure and Yamask, make sure you move the Chandelure token because then Mega Boost has a chance of triggering, then plan for another part of the combo to drop, even if it's coins. Don't be afraid to match coins if it will net you a 3-match combo, because the combo will generate more coins. If you can get a 500 or above total of coins on a turn, do it.

Once Banette is evolved, just match it all the time and you'll get a ton of coins dropping, still aim for combos if you can, though, it never hurts.

Something like that, anyway. It's pretty easy to get decent returns with a little practice. And oh, always Moves+5, but that's obvious!

Zeldana

Neo Member
My rule of thumb for competitions: Scoring a little over half of #5's score will usually net you a speedup (in addition to the other prize(s)). In the past it was enough to let you remain in the top 1800 for the US, but fewer people are playing nowadays and average scores are somewhat higher than they used to be. The cutoff is fine to use too but only in the last 24-48 hours since people tend to wait for Weekend Meowth before making a final full-item attempt.

Haha, oh.

Well, way I do it is to play with Banette as your Mega (Gengar if you don't have it) and with ghost types with Mega Boost. Then Yamask for Quirky because I only have two ghost types with Mega Boost.

Then just concentrate on getting combos of at least 3, while at the same time trying to evolve your Mega ASAP. So if you have a switch with Chandelure and Yamask, make sure you move the Chandelure token because then Mega Boost has a chance of triggering, then plan for another part of the combo to drop, even if it's coins. Don't be afraid to match coins if it will net you a 3-match combo, because the combo will generate more coins. If you can get a 500 or above total of coins on a turn, do it.

Once Banette is evolved, just match it all the time and you'll get a ton of coins dropping, still aim for combos if you can, though, it never hurts.

Something like that, anyway. It's pretty easy to get decent returns with a little practice. And oh, always Moves+5, but that's obvious!
Thanks. :) Don't have Mega Banette unfortunately. I hear Mega Mewtwo is good if only I could catch Mewtwo.

Mega Mewtwo is basically the same but you have to be careful when matching it because it can make the coins disappear. Gengar is great though, you have that by now don't you?

MiTYH

Working my way
downtown
to Rayquaza's main stage. Got to 280 today which is pretty good, but taking a break to try and catch Steelix. Fairly certain I have its mega stone from the competition back whenever, just never actually caught it.

I dont like that stage though. Gotta rethink a team to use

Also used DD and Atk for the new mega-char competition. Got 60k, currently rank 3000 something. So I expect to be knocked out of the first grouping, but that's easy enough to secure me the megastone.

noquarter

Fuck. Just bought a Mario Land 3DS and did a transfer and lost all of my saves. Over 180 hours lost on this fucking game.

Was at stage 400, had multiple special Pokemon and had bought probably $25-30 worth of jewels.

This is the second system transfer i had done with this save file, last one is when the New 3DS came out and it transferred just fine. Pretty fucking pissed about this since I can't get any of this shit back. Fucking bullshit.

Sorry, just had to vent, my wife and daughter don't care so all I get from them is 'Eh, whatever.'

There's a client id number for Pokemon Shuffle in the same tab as Street Pass List and Passcodes. I remember reading something about Genius Sonority being able to recover save data with that info because the data isn't stored in your 3DS, something like that, it's been a while, someone else may chime in with more details. I can't remeber if I saw it on the reddit page or Gamefaqs board but it's worth checking into.

And a good reminder for the rest of us to write that client number down somewhere just in case.

noquarter

Yeah, hopefully I'll be able to figure it out. Don't know why that is all that is fucked up, still has my steps and street passes and Pokemon Picross, just not able to play Shuffle.

noquarter

So spending the last couple hours trying to figure this out has led me to find that the best thing to do is probably run homebrew and try to fix the save or just edit it and get everything.

Fucking dumb, trying to prevent cheating has led me to an option where cheating is probably my best bet. See if Nintendo offers any help, but seems like they don't.

MiTYH

Finally made it to stage 290 today. Waiting has its perks, as a M-Diance, Z-50% team beat this itemless. 1 move left, but still. Thankfully I already had caught it from whenever it was on the special stage

10 more to the mega stone!

noquarter

Yay for Nintendo support. They did nothing to actually solve my problem. Offered me a $10 eshop credit or a game. Ended up getting a digital copy of Fire Emblem.

Debating whether I want to start over or just not play for the next few months until I get back and hardmod a N3DS and recover the save.

So stupid that they would have the save be so easily corrupted and not have a backup online for you with how much this game connects. Would still be pissed if I lost one days worth of playing, but not nearly as pissed as losing over a year.

Edit: And I'll stop shitting up your thread. The game is fun, which is one reason I'm so upset, I timed the damn transfer so that I wouldn't lose any damn hearts and actually had a card to buy jewels for the month and get the bonus again.

Man that sucks. I don't mind the venting; I'd probably react the same way if I lost my 300 hours in this game.

I did end up beating Diancie 150 (got angry right afterwards as is tradition). About halfway through it and then I stupidly realize I brought Mega Ray which was NVE. Did end up beating the stage with 1 move left though.

Cosmozone

Bug? I didn't get skill boosts from Shaymin for a long time now since today afternoon. Also, I'm using Blaziken and its mega effect doesn't connect anymore either. Nothing happens.

Fuck. Just bought a Mario Land 3DS and did a transfer and lost all of my saves. Over 180 hours lost on this fucking game.

Was at stage 400, had multiple special Pokemon and had bought probably $25-30 worth of jewels.

This is the second system transfer i had done with this save file, last one is when the New 3DS came out and it transferred just fine. Pretty fucking pissed about this since I can't get any of this shit back. Fucking bullshit.

Sorry, just had to vent, my wife and daughter don't care so all I get from them is 'Eh, whatever.'

That sucks, although I don't understand how it could've gone wrong. Your Shuffle save data should be on your SD card, right?

After you do a System Transfer, you should be able to move your SD card (or SD card contents) to your new 3DS.

Did any of your SD card data carry over?

On the plus side, Fire Emblem is a pretty dang good game XD

noquarter

Yeah, it all moved over. I really don't know what happened, went to start it up first thing and it just said it was corrupted. The transfer was completed and everything, didn't stop the process early or have any issues after the initial error saying the internet was spotty (ended up just resetting the router and it went)

Their customer service is pretty good. I sent in form that night and the next morning a little after 9 EST got a reply with a phone number to call, straight to a supervisor. She apologized for the problem and went through all the steps I should take (I had already done them all) She then went through a list of games that she would give me for the time and money lost (pretty much every Nintendo published game, even going to the WiiU. Figured I would go with FE so I could have a digital copy, and won't feel bad about paying for the other part now (already own them both on cart)

Started over, slow going in the beginning. Meowth was honestly difficult just because I am so use to going for coins and didn't have enough power in my tiny pokemon to actually win. Hopefully will be able to catch Diancie before that event ends, will try to get up to 50 for the Diancinite, but pretty sure I won't be able to get the Mega Speedup again.

Cosmozone

Bug? I didn't get skill boosts from Shaymin for a long time now since today afternoon. Also, I'm using Blaziken and its mega effect doesn't connect anymore either. Nothing happens.
Seems to be back to normal today. Don't know exactly why. Switching teammates seems to have helped with Blaziken. Drops are back again as well. I even had a triple drop right now (and promptly failed to complete the stage).

About 60% of this thread is complaining about this game noquarter, so feel free to vent. Did you just talk to Nintendo or the Pokemon Company too? You might shoot them an email and see if they can do anything http://support.pokemon.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=15227

This is the only game I'd be upset loosing save data over, all my other digital games can be played again no big deal.

Anyway...

I hope after Xerneas we get a Yveltal stage that makes the Mission Card 9 stage manageable. To me Skill Swappers are more valueable than any other item currently. I'd rather turn a worthless Poke into something of value than stockpile MSU in hopes there's another Mega worth speeding up.

Ondore

Buckle up everyone, this update's massive.
- Happy Pikachu (easy, P4+) and Hitmonchan (nearly 20k HP, 60 AP, Hyper Punch) Great Challenges
- Alakazam Safari repeat, hopefully Alakazam himself won't need 200+ hearts
- Farmable Dusknoir and Shaymin Sky
- Carnivine's back
- 3 new Mission Cards, one of which is a Blastoisite card (!!!!!!!!)
- A bunch of Pokemon got Skill Swapper access (including Yveltal and Zygarde Complete to BLOCK SMASH+, Snorlax to Stabilize++ and Aerodactyl to Swap++) and Raise Max Level access (including Yveltal and freaking GENESECT) including some with the ability to go all the way to L20 and 125 AP (Scyther).
- Two free RMLs and a Skill Swapper for all, plus Mobile gets 10,000 coins and 30 hearts for hitting 10 million downloads
Full charts at Reddit.

The Pastebin isn't out yet, but the game announced Mega Alakazam next week along with a special Yveltal and some are claiming a Darkrai escalation re-run, Daily Pokemon 6 (Tyrogue, Mantyke, etc) and Golem.

Goofed and won't be getting Mega Charizard X. :\ I read that they aren't that good anyway. Definitely going to need Mega Alakazam since I'm stuck on Mega Medicham's stage.

Top Bottom