• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Next Mega event is Mega Alakazam, there's a "Happy" Pikachu & Hitmonchan to get, and a ton of Pokemon now can take Raise Max Levels, along with more using skill swaps. Not to mention more mission cards.

Holy hell at Genesect using raise max levels, it's already attack 100 at max level, cannot wait to see how high it goes, especially with its crowd control ability. Considering the others level up by 30 attack at lv. 15, I'm guessing Genesect can power up to 120 or even 130, making it the strongest Pokemon in the game when maxed out.

Thank goodness, Zygarde (100%) can swap Power of 5+ to Block Smash+.

MiTYH

Look at all these free coins!

Annnd they're gone. On the plus side, FINALLY beat M-Rayquaza stage for the megastone. Easymode activated? Happy for those free coins since it saved me farming time.

CassSept

Wow, Blastoisinite. I thought it's never gonna come again, it was by far the longest wait ever for another stab at anything.

Thought my Mega Charizard X score would be high enough but I was falling to 1400/1600 so I spent 30k coins to get a higher score. I think it was worth it.

Completed part of a mission card because Happy Pikachu counts as a Pikachu stage. Haha.

So many more RML and SS candidates.

Think I'm going to take it easy this week. Most of my Ghost/Dark types for the competition are max level, Dusknoir has a weak ability, and Shaymin Sky is just weak (though PO4+ is good).

Ondore

/whisper
I actually prefer Shaymin-S to Salamence

Did some prep work for the competition by plowing a Skill Booster M onto Hoopa-Unbound and it brought him to level 3 on Risk Taker. disgunbgud.gif

Is anyone going to Skill Swap Dusknoir? Sleep Combo paired with Darkrai could be interesting.

I'm hesitant to keep feeding Genesect cookies with all these EX stages returning as farmable PSB stages. I think I'll hold off for now.

Disappointed Hawlucha isn't on the SS list, easily on of the better designed recent generation Pokemon. I figured being released with the Kanto starters, Umbreon, Pidgeot ect. on the recent stages it was on deck to get some special treatment.

Dusknoir with Sleep Combo could be good (also an RML candidate) but you would also need to boost Darkrai's Sleep Charm skill, and some types are immune to Sleep.

Yveltal and Genesect can go up to 115 AP (5 RML's). Kabutops and Golurk with their respective skills (BB+ and BS+) can go up to 105 AP as well.

Chris1

Accidentally went over my limit on weekend meowth and now my coins end in 9.. where's that stage that gives 1 coins again? come back to me.. please :(

Let's do this.

WVW69jml0PM5R_cKoX

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I still hate that the mission cards don't freakin' tell you which stage # the Pokemon is on, because when you're all caught up & have 400 stages, searching through them is heeellll.

How do I do 3 Mega Boosts on Buneary? I might get lucky on having it activate twice before it either the stage is beaten or I mega evolve the Pokemon.

^^^That's awesome [edit: toy's post]. They have to be planning some crazy stage like that once all the Pikachus are released.

I forgot Ghosts are immune to Sleep so Sleep Combo would only be SE with Psychic. I was imagining some stage with Mega Banette, Spookify, Sleep Combo leaving a ton of Darkrai on the board. I think I'll pass, I don't have the coins after struggling with Diancie and Xerneas.

Mission Card #13 Last Ditch Effort Challenge can be done on Carnivine's Free Try 'Em Stage easily. Just gotta find that balance of leaving enough health for LDE to trigger 3 times while still having time to finish it off.

Ondore

For the Normal Mega Boost portion, I went Mega Kangaskhan with no speedups (16 icons) rather than Audino to squeeze in an extra Boost or 2.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Mega Audino with three Mega Boost Pokemon worked perfectly for me.
Tried that, but it wasn't working. Also, it's a 3-Pokemon stage, so you can only bring in two Mega Boost pokemon.

......aw, what, Genesect's attack can only go up to 115 at lv. 15? Ah well, that still makes it one of the strongest.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh freakin' hell, you're right. I was on Lopunny's stage.

.....this is the SECOND time I've mistaken a stage on the newest mission card.

Orgen

I came here to ask about Scyther and the 10 max level... but Ondore already explained everything!!! Man, I don't know if I should start raising all his levels... (125 in attack power brbrbr)

daydream

Banned
so yveltal is an easy skill swap but not sure about zygarde complete yet

some max level additions i dont get at all, like scyther. just seems like a waste

noquarter

Game seems to really make the special stages late to endgame, which kind of sucks. Wish there was another escalation battle this week, at least I could catch those.

About 60% of this thread is complaining about this game noquarter, so feel free to vent. Did you just talk to Nintendo or the Pokemon Company too? You might shoot them an email and see if they can do anything http://support.pokemon.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=15227

This is the only game I'd be upset loosing save data over, all my other digital games can be played again no big deal.
Probably should, but I've already just decided to take the L and start over. Already on #87 with a Mega Diancie. I miss my old guys, and sucks losing all the Speedups, RMLs, and skillboosters, but whatever.

I still hate that the mission cards don't freakin' tell you which stage # the Pokemon is on, because when you're all caught up & have 400 stages, searching through them is heeellll.

How do I do 3 Mega Boosts on Buneary? I might get lucky on having it activate twice before it either the stage is beaten or I mega evolve the Pokemon.
Restart, much easier to find levels when you only have 20% of that, trust me.

When S-ranking Snorunt it was funny how many presents it kept dropping compared to the others. I figured it was easily the least vauable Poke I had at SL2 but now with 5 RML you have the equivalent of an Ice version Shaymin-L and might be able to reach SL5 just as easy. Though I think Ice types lack a capable Mind Zapper to extend Freeze.

pHand

Mobile version got an update about a month ago that allowed you to tap on a mission and go directly to the stage. I imagine they'll eventually bring it over to the 3DS version, but you're right, they could at least just show the stage # in the meantime.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Now that would be super nice to have, just tapping the mission & getting taken to the Pokemon.

Ugh, trying to get the 123 combo mission but I'm lucky to even hit 80 again. I'm doing stage 275 with Gengar, should I perhaps switch to Rayquaza?

Now that would be super nice to have, just tapping the mission & getting taken to the Pokemon.

Ugh, trying to get the 123 combo mission but I'm lucky to even hit 80 again. I'm doing stage 275 with Gengar, should I perhaps switch to Rayquaza?
Wouldn't the Safari be good for that challenge? I haven't replayed this Alakazam Safari but there's usually a pretty easy skyfall from one of the most common pokes. I guess I should check Miiverse first to see if people are posting combos that high before wasting hearts.

Ondore

For what it's worth, I got the 123 hit combo in the Safari and got it again after the card completed.

Also, I'm using the Safari to grind experience boosters and I've seen three Alakazams in about 24 hours. I think it took me until Friday to see it last time.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wooo, I got the combo mission done. Now it's just doing one more so I can get the speedup & I'll be content with card #13. Should I go for Aggron with 18 moves left or Florges with 10 moves left but with only Normal types? My strongest Normals are Regigigas (lv 8), Arceus (lv 8), Porygon2 (lv 6), & Snorlax (lv 6).

Ondore

Darkrai escalation is a 200 (thank Arceus), same stages as previous. Here's your item schedule:

Prize for first beating level 5: 1 Exp. Booster M
Prize for first beating level 10: 1 Disruption Delay
Prize for first beating level 25: 1 Mega Start
Prize for first beating level 50: 1 Skill Swapper
Prize for first beating level 75: 1 Mega Speedup
Prize for first beating level 100: 1 Skill Booster M
Prize for first beating level 125: 1 Mega Speedup
Prize for first beating level 150: 2 Raise Max Level
Prize for first beating level 175: 1 Skill Swapper
Prize for first beating level 200: 2 Mega Speedup

Four speedups, 2 Swappers, 2 RML and Medium boosters. #notbad

Also, don't expect Angry mode much: boss and coin stages in this one that can't be bypassed anymore.

CassSept

They are really going overboard with EBs lately. Seriously, that's totally a filler to waste coins on while they make some new content. Three EBs in a row and a fourth one after a week of break?

pHand

I just got Vileplume twice in a row. With a 5% chance of meeting him, that means the chance of meeting it twice in a row is 0.25%.

Just had all 5 hearts wasted on Abra. Just fucking give me Alakazam!!!!

Just make sure you know what move to make first because he has high health and only 6 moves to beat him. I went for the "obvious" move and fucked up the first time I saw him. Here's the proper strategy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf7LJd4FW04

I just got Vileplume twice in a row. With a 5% chance of meeting him, that means the chance of meeting it twice in a row is 0.25%.

Just make sure you know what move to make first because he has high health and only 6 moves to beat him. I went for the "obvious" move and fucked up the first time I saw him. Here's the proper strategy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf7LJd4FW04

Haha. Nice. When (IF!!!!) he shows up I'll be sure to come to this thread immediately. Cheers.

pHand

So I started playing the mobile version a few weeks ago just to see how it differed from the 3DS version and I've inadvertently gotten hooked to it. If anyone in the NA regions needs mini hearts, feel free to add me. (If the code is gone, I've reached my max and edited it out).

NA Friend Code: D5UP-4GJE

FUCKING YES!!!!!

Caught him, with a super ball. Video helped a lot. Thanks, pHand. That's that shitty safari done with.

Congratulations! You've also stumbled on the NeoGAF secret to the safari: complain on NeoGAF until the Pokemon you want shows up.

Is Arceus particularly worth it? Wasted some coins and an attack up without getting a disruption delay. -_-
Mine's still level three from however many months ago it was originally released. If you're good at timed stages there have been competitions where Double Normal ability just destroys the rankings.

I was just about to attempt the Florges Challenge on Mission Card 13 but I don't have any Normal types above LVL 5.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Feel like I should be grinding for coins again, but the only new events are the Mega Alakazam & I'm hearing we'll be getting
Golem
as a special stage, plus I THINK new daily pokemon? I can't remember, think right now is batch #5, how many have we had so far?

Edit: Okay, it's #6, which is another repeat. Think #6 is the highest batch number of daily Pokemon so far.

daydream

Banned
caught golem, submitted 74k for the comp and also finished up the main stages by catching hoopa. still waiting for that mega sceptile repeat so that my ocd can rest

Is this the first time a Mega Stone has been available in a limited-move contest before a timed one?

Disruption Delay recommended for Golem. Or something that can destroy unbreakable blocks and/or delay disruptions.

Machine

Disruption Delay recommended for Golem. Or something that can destroy unbreakable blocks and/or delay disruptions.

My mega shiny gyarados is fully candied. I managed to evolve it on first move and capture golem on first attempt. I also used dialga, groudon, and shaymin land forme. A bit of overkill honestly.

Ondore

I used a random Steel team (Steelix, Jirachi, Cobalion, Aegislash) and got Golem with just a Great Ball (58%). Steelix got online in three turns and had a nice snack.

Now beginning the Darkrai grind. Not even considering Alakazam runs until after Darkrai's done.

Top Bottom