• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

pHand

What are the benefits of adding friends?

You can send and receive mini Hearts. Bulbapedia says sending fills in 1/4 of the gauge, while receiving fills in 1/8. Thus, if you get the max of 30 friends, you can potentially get 11-12 extra hearts per day. The best part is you can collect those hearts at any point during the day.

You can send and receive mini Hearts. Bulbapedia says sending fills in 1/4 of the gauge, while receiving fills in 1/8. Thus, if you get the max of 30 friends, you can potentially get 11-12 extra hearts per day. The best part is you can collect those hearts at any point during the day.

Sweet. But looking at it I don't think that's a feature on the 3DS is it?

I just accidentally wasted a jewel after failing to beat Darkrai in one of the escalation battles. FUCK IT!

Ondore

RIP Kaleo

Three weeks ago he went to the hospital, with a severe case of bacterial pneumonia. One week later, he was put into a induced coma and tubed, so the medication could work better. When I heard of it from his mother, I got some bus tickets and went all the way there (10 hours trips) to visit him and support his family: this was on the weekend before last. Despite everything, he was showing good signs of recovery, even if at small steps, every day. In fact, I learned that yesterday he was not into induced coma anymore, although he'd be asleep most of the time.

:(

Man I saw that late last night, I started to make a post but I thought I better wait in case any of his friends were on here too.

When the last big update happened, it actually crossed my mind that I haven't seen Kaleo on any of the various Shuffle forums in a while. Your mind never gravitates to worse case scenarios like this when someone is absent. Users come and go all the time but you rarely ever think about the person behind the avatar and what's going on in their day to day life. I always figure life gets in the way when someone goes missing.

Kaleo will be missed. He was always more that happy to answer any question big or small and kept this thread updated with all the info he found.

R.I.P. Kaleo

image.php

CassSept

Jesus Christ this escalation battle is hell. I'm at 160 now, it's incredibly dull because there is no variation at all and the disruptions make it a slog and entirely RNG-dependent, where with luck I can clear a stage with few moves left or fail the same stage with M+5. What a joke.

Jesus Christ this escalation battle is hell. I'm at 160 now, it's incredibly dull because there is no variation at all and the disruptions make it a slog and entirely RNG-dependent, where with luck I can clear a stage with few moves left or fail the same stage with M+5. What a joke.

I agree, I was just thinking that this escalation battle was super boring. I'm at around 110 right now and will probably stop at 150.

What was the last escalation? Diancie? I liked that one a lot more.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I was actually planning to go up to 200 for once because I think you get 2(?) Speedups there but it's suuuuch a booooring slooog that I think I'll just call it quits at 150.

See I hated Diancie, the boss stages on the high levels were ridiculously RNG coin flips resulting in massive coin and jewel sinks.

Darkrai however I felt was balanced well on the boss stages. LVL 50 should always be beatable itemsless and then as you progress an extra item is required at each boss level moving forward. Rewards are all worthwhile with coins stages sprinkled throughout.

But it is a tedious slog from 151-199, feels like a PSB grind without the present drops.

Why don't they incorporate PSB drops in Escalation Battles? Is it because the number of opportunities is capped as well as random.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
ARE YOU GUYS READY FOR NEW MAIN & EXPERT STAGES?!

AND A NEW SAFARI?!?

and mega beedrill next week

Edit: Leavanny seems to be considered rare, yet I got it on my third attempt.

Also, there's more damn repeats in the main stages. You need 470 S ranks to unlock EX44.

I hate safaris when I have other stuff to play. I want to play DQVII but having to stop every few hours to go between it and Shuffle annoys me to the point where I can't really enjoy DQ because I've got Shuffle permanently on my mind.

Hopefully I get through this quickly.

And more main stages. Brilliant! I'm on 380 and now there's, what, 500? They seem to release 50 new ones for every 30 I get through, haha. I dunno if I'll ever catch up in this game again, especially since they're repeating stages so in theory they could just get further and further ahead forever now since there's no real need for the stages to end once you catch them all.

Chris1

I hate safaris when I have other stuff to play. I want to play DQVII but having to stop every few hours to go between it and Shuffle annoys me to the point where I can't really enjoy DQ because I've got Shuffle permanently on my mind.

Hopefully I get through this quickly.

And more main stages. Brilliant! I'm on 380 and now there's, what, 500? They seem to release 50 new ones for every 30 I get through, haha. I dunno if I'll ever catch up in this game again, especially since they're repeating stages so in theory they could just get further and further ahead forever now since there's no real need for the stages to end once you catch them all.
I'm in the same boat, I'm only up to the 360s aswell and I can't seem to catch up at all. Every week there's something else to do that's timed so I have no time to go back and catch up the main stages.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I've caught every Pokemon in the safari except for Swaddle, despite being the one I see the most of. Ah well, least I got the two rares rather quickly.

Also glad to finally have Mega Rayquaza maxed out on Mega Speedups.

Edit: Thank goodness, finally got Swaddle, that was a super quick safari.

Ondore

It's only 20 stages, but they seem to be coin sinks all around. I'm through the first four (trying to catch Bidoof, who for some STUPID reason has Hoopa-U level HP and plenty of rocks) and had to at least +5 all of them.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Safari done in like 20 hearts, that wasn't too bad. And Leavanny actually seems decent.

I'm probably near 20 hearts and haven't seen Leavanny once. And if Cottonee doesn't stay in a poke ball, it's staying in the Safari. I've soft resetted 4 Great Balls and it keeps running away.

At least I have a chance to roll out my Snorunt for this Safari.

WVW69jpbN6A46vQsDd_zpsffdgfkok.jpg

That took only 2 days to reach level 4. 6 matches with no drops, 1 lost present so around 35 presents in 40-50 hearts. Easily the highest drop rate in the game. Wish this was the standard, but after LvL 4 the drop rate falls off a cliff. That's probably around 15 PSB past lvl4 and I lost count at 16 no drops.

For reference: Freeze (5%, 35%, 70%; Increased Activation by +10%, +12%, +15%, +20%) So it has the same match four activation as Sleep Charm at LvL 5 but the other two matches are 5% less.

And I'm glad Ondore confirmed I'm not crazy. When I faced Bidoof for the first time, I couldn't believe I didn't make a dent in it's HP.

Ondore

Finished the stages and Ninjask, and I think the lowest HP of the bunch was Shedinja. Everything beyond that is either close to 20k or over it. And Metagross has 30k, which has me shocked I didn't need to C-1 (M+5, DD, Mega Start Ray with a 9 Delphox, 8 Ho-oh w/Pyre and 8 Reshiram).

MiTYH

50+ hearts later, finally have all safari except Leavanny. I don't want to grind to find it but.... completion.... I haven't even SEEN it let alone wasted coins to try and catch it (as I assume I will).

EDIT: Bitching works! 3 tries later he appeared! Didn't realize it was a coin stage too. Very easy to beat once MGengar mega evolved. Bastard broke out at 44% like I knew he would, but caught him with the great ball.

Done with this, onto main stage shenanigans.

Oh Leavanny is the rare one? I should've ponied up the 2500 for Super Catch at MAX.

Going to finish Darkrai 150 first so I'll start safari whining next week.

Cosmozone

The Safari is too hard for me. Couldn't catch a single one after a couple of tries without items. I'll do some coins and Darkrai first.

Ondore

The tiers for the Mega Alakazam competition (at least in the Americas on 3DS) are out and... well, see for yourself.

26001 and below: Atk Power+
20001-26000: AP+ and Disruption Delay
8001-20000: Beedrillite and DD
1601-8000: Beedrillite, Mega Speedup, Raise Max Level
301-1600: Beedrillite, 2 Mega Speedup, 2 Raise Max Level
1-300: Beedrillite, 3 Mega Speedup, 3 Raise Max Level.

105044-bad-boys-shit-just-got-real-gi-nMpT.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, THREE Speedups & Raise Max Levels?! I'd be content with one of each, but at the very least, I should see if I can aim to get two.

Did Darkrai 150 with no problem. Caught the last safari Pokémon today. Now to see how far I get on main stages until the new content on Monday.

Chris1

The tiers for the Mega Alakazam competition (at least in the Americas on 3DS) are out and... well, see for yourself.

26001 and below: Atk Power+
20001-26000: AP+ and Disruption Delay
8001-20000: Beedrillite and DD
1601-8000: Beedrillite, Mega Speedup, Raise Max Level
301-1600: Beedrillite, 2 Mega Speedup, 2 Raise Max Level
1-300: Beedrillite, 3 Mega Speedup, 3 Raise Max Level.

105044-bad-boys-shit-just-got-real-gi-nMpT.gif

Holy shit nice!

Should be able to get at least 2. 3 might be difficult.

L.O.R.D

Yah,i don't think i will get the top 300 too,maybe i get to 600-700 at first day,then when the competition ends i will find my self in 1800-2400.

daydream

Banned
metang is the first new normal stage that's causing me trouble. feel like i can do it itemless, though maybe not worth the hearts

L.O.R.D

i don't get it,why so many repeats?
if i want to repeat a stage i just have to go back and play them again.

also,winking/emoji Pokemon?
next,shiny and emoji Pokemon.

Ondore

So this Tuesday brings...

- Slaking! 80 power Risk Taker Normal, if your Florges mission needs more juice. Has an insane board where half the field is barriered rocks, and a row of pre-evos at the bottom. Cost 300 coins, caught with a GB at 64% with Lucario'Medicham/Machamp/Kyruem White, DD and Attack Power +.

- Mewtwo PSB stage, disrupts blocks and itself, to set up...

- Mega Beedrill competition. 18 moves, first half uses blocks, second sees the disruption with Mewtwo and Slowbro, then the big one is two rows of rocks with the top barriered. Haven't tried yet because I'm trying to max Mewtwo, which means abusing the...

- Keldeo-R repeat. Rewards beyond the notice:
175 Exp Booster M
200 Skill Swapper
225 Skill Booster S
250 2x Raise Max Level
275 2x Skill Booster S
300 2x Mega Speedup

Ugh another escalation battle. At least I can get XP for my Psychics.

I don't think farming Mewtwo is worth it since you want him in Mega form ASAP. The chance of RML's is tempting though.

Ondore

I should clarify then: I mean get it to L10 and five speedups (right now he's L8 and two, so I have to run the table on Keldeo-R to do it.)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Any S-rank tips for 469? I've tried Mega Rayquaza (20/20) MAX or Mega Ampharos MAX (w/ Mega Start), Lv. 15 Raikou, MAX Zekrom, & MAX Magnezone.

I might finally give Mega Sceptile a try, but looking at my other grass types, they seem like they wouldn't be as good as my Electric team.

Top Bottom