• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Ondore

Any S-rank tips for 469? I've tried Mega Rayquaza (20/20) MAX or Mega Ampharos MAX (w/ Mega Start), Lv. 15 Raikou, MAX Zekrom, & MAX Magnezone.

I might finally give Mega Sceptile a try, but looking at my other grass types, they seem like they wouldn't be as good as my Electric team.

If you've got a decently leveled Shaymin and Bellossom or Ludicolo, they can put Bibarel to sleep and Mind Zap the disruptions before wrecking the board with Sceptile. Another option - what I ended up using - was a DD with a Mega Ray team (might have to go Mega Start).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Got lucky with M-Rayquaza & just barely got a S-rank, but now I still need to replay to try & capture it.

At least I only have one more main stage, but I need to get the coins to partake in the Mega Beedrill event.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
3 new mission cards were added, & the next Mega event is Mega Pidgeot. Mission card #14 is only 3 missions that'll get you 3,000 coins. #15 will get you a Venusaurite (or skill booster M) & a Mega Speedup. #16 will get you a Raise Max Level, Mega Speedup, & Skill Swapper.

Also, I caught Togekiss (winking) first attempt at 27%, but not Feraligatr at freakin' 74%.

Ondore

Mega Pidgeot next week! His Mega will do the beak shape (>), 18 icons, 12 Speedups. Disrupts Electivire, who will be trainable, and himself. Same tiers for the competition as Beedrill.

There's no escalation after Keldeo. We can all collectively breathe. There are daily Winking Pokemon, though (Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Jigglypuff, Clefairy, abilities are Block Smash+, Barrier Bash+, Rock Break+, Eject+ and Block Smash+ respectively).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
wtf, I'm trying the mission where it says to use Articuno more than any other pokemon on the Pidgeot stage, but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm activating Power of 4 more than any other ability, don't know what I'm doing wrong.

wtf, I'm trying the mission where it says to use Articuno more than any other pokemon on the Pidgeot stage, but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm activating Power of 4 more than any other ability, don't know what I'm doing wrong.

It doesn't have to be activate his ability more than any other. Just use him more than any others. Just keep making a match of 3.

How on earth am I supposed to beat Venusaur with 45 seconds remaining? Even with +10 seconds and mega start seems impossible.

Is Articuno getting the crown bonus?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, I managed to complete it a while ago, figured out it was one of those "you have to match that pokemon the most times out of the group" missions. Could've maybe been worded better.

Debating if I want to work on the final mission card, I mainly want the speedup & that's it.

Ondore

I'd say if you left out the Eject+ challenge (took me several hearts) and another one, that'd be doable. Can you usually put up 70k+ in a competition?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Depends on the competition. I think I got around 60k on the last one?? Can't remember.

Honestly, I think I'm starting to run out of Mega Pokemon to give speedups to. Mega Mewtwo, who I use for weekend Meowth, only needs one more, & after that, MAYBE Shiny Gyarados. Now I want to focus on Raise Max Levels.

At the moment, I'm focusing on clearing/capturing 470 by grinding for coins & then the EX stage that'll unlock, & then I'll be caught up.

Edit: Bah, having trouble with the S-rank (might have to go w/ C-1 just to be safe), but at least I caught 470. Also, Halloween Pikachu coming on the 18th update, plus some others like winking starters:

s2jQg77.png

Full item run except C-1 on Keldeo 150 and I get terrible skyfall and starting board so I fail.

Immediately retry it with the same team and items but I don't have enough coins for Mega Start. Still won with 2 seconds left.

Then I play Bellossom and get 2 PSB's drop, but Charizard evolves into MCharX instead of Y so I fail the stage.

I have no more coins for even a Moves+5 on Victini so I end up failing the stage, but XP rounds up to 750. Yay.

At least Thundurus dropped a MSU.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, one of my jewel attempts at Weekend Meowth gave me my best attempts yet:

WVW69jsv4AYGaeonUZ

Minus the M+5, I earned a whopping 9,800 coins.

Orgen

I have no jewels since 3 weeks ago... where are you guys getting yours? (preferably not paying any real money :p)

And 10 hearts to catch Charmander today (with no super ball). If ever daily pokemon is going to be like him, I'm done :|

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
If Charmander is anything to go by, the winking dailies are gonna be easy.
Also, I didn't use M-Aero for Thundorus (like the game suggests), but fully candied M-Ray. Melted through it in 20 seconds. Just get five matches in the beginning to ged rid of the blocks.

There was a patch this morning? Maybe it fixed the Charmander catch rate because I caught it on my first try (Barrier Bash+ and matching W-Charmander makes it trivial).

Not sure what to do for the competition. Seems like a waste to Skill Swap and RML the Pokemon used in the top scores (since they don't see a lot of use otherwise). I think I'll just grind Electrivire and then go with a Rayquaza+Optimize team on the weekend.

I have no jewels since 3 weeks ago... where are you guys getting yours? (preferably not paying any real money :p)

I bought some. I have 7 left, only using them for weekend Meowth.

I paid $5 when there was a buy 6, get 6 free promo on. Will probably do the same again, to be honest, my clock's just passed 200 hours so I think even at ten or 20 dollars I've received my money's worth.

Orgen

I bought some. I have 7 left, only using them for weekend Meowth.

I paid $5 when there was a buy 6, get 6 free promo on. Will probably do the same again, to be honest, my clock's just passed 200 hours so I think even at ten or 20 dollars I've received my money's worth.

Yep, I think it's time I pay something (I also passed 200 hours) just like I did with Pokemon Picross. I need coins, so I'll spend the jewels only on Weekend Meowth too. Any Thundorus tips? For the competition I scored 35.000 with Mega Rayquaza (Level Max and fully candied), Electrivire (level 1), Pidgeotto (level 1) and Raikou (Level Max) with no items, so maybe this time with Attack Power I can get the second prize :D

The last two winky (WANKY!) dailies have evaded two Balls with SUPER CATCH POWER giving me over 80% chance of catching. Then I have caught them both with my very next victory with a little over 20%.

FUCK RIGHT OFF!

Machine

I totally forgot to catch winking Bulbasaur yesterday. Now there is a hole in my collection. Why does this irritate me so much?

Orgen

I totally forgot to catch winking Bulbasaur yesterday. Now there is a hole in my collection. Why does this irritate me so much?

I forgot Squirtle on Tuesday... I hope they repeat all the Pokemons next week (or do they only run for this week? :eek:)

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone don't forget about winking Clefairy today.

Crap, I almost forgot! Thank youuuuu :D

Wasting a full ítem run on Hoopa unbounded not getting an S Rank and using 3 super balls to no avail... FML

I'm about to take that on for the very first time. When you say "full item run" do you include Complexity-1 in that?

Edit: Just went all in, including C-1. Managed to beat it with 6 moves left which gave me the S rank. Caught him with the first ball at 13% surprisingly.

Orgen

I'm about to take that on for the very first time. When you say "full item run" do you include Complexity-1 in that?

Edit: Just went all in, including C-1. Managed to beat it with 6 moves left which gave me the S rank. Caught him with the first ball at 13% surprisingly.

:( You got all the luck I missed yesterday. Yep, I used a C-1, and my team was Rayquaza (Max), Genesect (Level 12), Xerneas (Max) and Gallade (Level 8). Didn't get any Gallade at the beginning so I couldn't break the blocks and finished with 4 moves left. Then 3 super balls at 16% and... I don't want to remember :( hahahaha

Got about 60K on Mega Pidgeot which was around rank 600 at the time, but it dropped to 1000 since so I did two more runs and got a score of 70K. Should put me solidly in the second tier of rewards.

I like the variety in the top 5 scores though. The format is encouraging different teams.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, in addition to the Mega Event prizes, they're also giving away 2 Raise Max Levels & a Mega Speed up for free.

As for new stuff:
- Sableye (Spooky)
- New safari, though 3 of them are repeats. There's Zubat, Drifloon, Pumpkaboo (Spooky), Gourgeist (Spooky), Golbat, Crobat, & Pikachu (Spooky)
- Drifblim

Edit: LOL, I got Spooky Pikachu (though the game says "Costumed") on my 2ND attempt, & it's only 1 freakin' move that makes it impossible to fail.....& I caught it on my first attempt, what luck!! Considering it has the special background & the sparkles, I'm guessing it's the rarest of the safari pokemon.

Orgen

I ranked 1003 on the Pidgeot event... missed Squirtle winking (only one week?) and trying to S Rank all my pending pokemon I wasn't able to S Rank Gogoat with an all fire team (Blaziken) and a +5 turns and interruption.

Yep, karma is coming back for me on this game :(

PS: Any Gogoat S Rank advice?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looks like Sableye (Spooky)'s Mega Ability is
Erasing 3 of the same time, so similar to Blaziken
. Not sure if it'll come in handy in comparison to others of the same type, but kind of nice.

& according to Reddit, this is next week's content:

Gengar (Spooky) Appears
Mega Banette Competitive Stage
Giratina-Altered Forme Escalation Battles
Dusknoir Special Stage Appears

OmegaX

Looks like Sableye (Spooky)'s Mega Ability is
Erasing 3 of the same time, so similar to Blaziken
. Not sure if it'll come in handy in comparison to others of the same type, but kind of nice.

& according to Reddit, this is next week's content:

Gengar (Spooky) Appears
Mega Banette Competitive Stage
Giratina-Altered Forme Escalation Battles
Dusknoir Special Stage Appears

They say Gengar (Spooky) is Poison instead of Ghost.
It seems Sableye (Spooky) is Ghost instead of Dark, also. Is this the first time an emote version of a Pokemon is a different type?

So I got in one last Electrivire run (there was literally 10 seconds left when I started) and got my first multiple PSB drop AND my first RML drop.

Of course I fail the stage (RML? More like FML, amirite?)

I ended up spending a Jewel. The way I rationalized it:
-1 Jewel is 3 extra weekend Meowth runs, which can net me around 12-14k coins
-Those coins could be spent on 3 all-item Mega Pidgeot runs
-If I'm lucky, one of those runs will get me into a higher tier, which would get me an extra RML and MSU
-So I could either spend 1 Jewel for 1 guaranteed RML, or spend it elsewhere for the chance of an RML and MSU (if everything worked out in my favour)

Then I check in and get 2 RML's for free, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pikachu shows... and I fail again 3 super balls at 72%, come on sonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!! T_T

Super balls have been rubbish for me of late. Tried 4 at over 70% on Landorus over the last couple of days and couldn't catch him. Finally managed to do so this morning with a 60-odd percent.

I finished the Safari pretty early (even encountered Spooky Pikachu twice before I found the last one I needed (Gourgeist)) so I've been spending the past couple days catching up on the main stages.

I'm up to 400 and have been beating stages without items. I don't have many S Ranks, but having skill-boosted and swapped Pokemon have been making a difference. Bellossom and Shaymin (plus some luck) are a poor man's DD.

Shiggy

I just started the game again after a long time. Got 30 hearts and 3000 coins. With that, I was finally able to beat level 90 on which I was stuck for months (and the gave up). The levels after that were easy again. Seems like they wanted to make people pay to advance further than level 90.

Used a couple of great balls and caught Porygon2 from the Expert Stages at 8% - no other items used.

Then the 3DS ran out of battery during the results screens! Did it still charge me for great balls? Will I still have the Pokémon when I turn the console back on?

Stay tuned for the answers to these exciting questions!

EDIT: I did not lose my coins, and I did not catch the Porygon2. DAMNIT. I literally tapped the button that would have saved the game as the screen went black!

Is it worth using items to try and get the Landorus that (I think) is ending tonight? I'm relatively new to the iOS version, currently at the reg Gengar stage, and I've been picking up most of the special pokemon (all of the current safari, Hoopa, daily pokes from last week). Will I regret letting this Landorus go?

Also need to try and get spoopy Sableye and maybe Drifblim, but I don't seem to have good enough pokemon for them at the moment. Hoping M-Gengar will help but I need to beat the regular stage first, and that's proving tricky itself...

pHand

Is it worth using items to try and get the Landorus that (I think) is ending tonight? I'm relatively new to the iOS version, currently at the reg Gengar stage, and I've been picking up most of the special pokemon (all of the current safari, Hoopa, daily pokes from last week). Will I regret letting this Landorus go?

Also need to try and get spoopy Sableye and maybe Drifblim, but I don't seem to have good enough pokemon for them at the moment. Hoping M-Gengar will help but I need to beat the regular stage first, and that's proving tricky itself...

There's a huge dearth of strong Ground pokemon early on, and since it's the last day you'd have the best chance to catch it (still only base 30% though). That said, the stage is repeated quite often (usually every other month), so there'll be plenty of chances in the future. Also, the Therian Forme arguably has a better skill.

Spooky Mega Sabeleye is kind of useless, but the thing is it's almost guaranteed to only appear once a year, during Halloween, and even that's not guaranteed.

Hoopa is really the only must-have, since it has a unique skill for Ghost Pokemon as well as high attack power. Take him to Gengar's stage and it'll make short work of those barriers.

EDIT: I did not lose my coins, and I did not catch the Porygon2. DAMNIT. I literally tapped the button that would have saved the game as the screen went black!

On the plus side, at least your save didn't get corrupted ^^

Not sure often repeats are, but if it's Landorus-Therian, dude is a beast and highly recommended (Risk-Taker is a lot better than the game alludes).

Used a couple of great balls and caught Porygon2 from the Expert Stages at 8% - no other items used.

Then the 3DS ran out of battery during the results screens! Did it still charge me for great balls? Will I still have the Pokémon when I turn the console back on?

Stay tuned for the answers to these exciting questions!

Yeah it doesn't save until you hit "Next" on the results screen. So if you're like Trump and refuse to accept the results, close the game to get your Great Ball coins back.

Landorus-I is fairly good with a high base power, even if its ability isn't the best. And I agree that there are not a lot of strong Ground Pokemon (I believe Garchomp and Groudon are special stages) so it'll see a lot of use against Electric types. I think Ground teams back then were Stunfisk, Excadrill, Donphan, and Marowak.

Thanks all :) I managed to grab the Landorus last night, and while it isn't the Therian forme, it at least replaces Phanpy in my team /lol

Not entirely sure why Victini is up today but I figured it'd be a good time to get exp for my anti-ghost team, so I can better work on Giratina and spooky Sableye/Gengar. I just need to catch regular Gengar first, which is proving difficult even with Hoopa. Much more difficult than the mega stage o.o

CassSept

Thanks all :) I managed to grab the Landorus last night, and while it isn't the Therian forme, it at least replaces Phanpy in my team /lol

Not entirely sure why Victini is up today but I figured it'd be a good time to get exp for my anti-ghost team, so I can better work on Giratina and spooky Sableye/Gengar. I just need to catch regular Gengar first, which is proving difficult even with Hoopa. Much more difficult than the mega stage o.o

There is an additional Victini up on Tuesday whenever there's a competition :)

Top Bottom