• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

c-murph

Holy crap. Just realized Mewtwo can level to level 20 now. Is he like God then? I just gave him to suckers to get him to level 12. Wasted all my others on Charazard and a couple other before noticing him.

Any idea when we're due rewards for the Maga Banette event?

I once went somewhere for a few days with no net connection and paid for tethering on my mobile phone so I could still check in.

Possibly I am insane.

The reason I missed out on the Blastoisite was because I was holidaying on a remote island in Scotland. I only managed to enter because I'd taken a ferry to get some shopping :p

Machine

Finally got to Giratina 250 and it looks like it will take a full item run to beat it. I don't have enough coins at the moment so its back to Meowth. Somehow I don't think I will get to 300 before the event runs out since I know that 300 will require more coins and another full item run. When will I find time for all these new stages??? Argh!

I've been on vacation a few times since the game came out and I don't bring my 3DS with me. I've been lucky to not miss out on a special event yet. I think that if I do miss one I'll probably stop playing this game.

Finally got to Giratina 250 and it looks like it will take a full item run to beat it. I don't have enough coins at the moment so its back to Meowth. Somehow I don't think I will get to 300 before the event runs out since I know that 300 will require more coins and another full item run. When will I find time for all these new stages??? Argh!

From Reddit:

250: +5 moves, DD, MS, Attack Up. M-Tyranitar, Hoopa-U, Yveltal, Giratina. 7 moves left. It is definitely doable without C-1, but it's not easy. I had taken only 20k HP by turn 12. But I had a couple of lucky 15 combos and HP went down very, very fast. I delayed with M-Ttar enough to not get disrupted, so no problem on that end. I had a good start with a M-Ttar match that could clean a good chunk of the board but Giratina failed Po4+ 3 times, so fuck Giratina. All in all, great team for this stage, Yveltal is just there for power. Zoroark is not advisable, combos are generally very little, and the chance of starting them with a Zoroark match is extremely low.

I just did 250 with All items without C-1 !!!!!!!!! 4 moves left!!! My team was M-Ttar(10), Yveltal(15), Hoopa-U(10)SL5 ,Giratina-A(10) At first of stage, I was really about to throw my phone away. The first screen was really awful that I can't even find one M-Ttar and at 18Turn I could found him. M-Ttar was MVP. I will tag my screenshot tommorow.

250: Tyranitar15/15 SL3 / SableyeLv15 SL3 / YveltalBS+ SL2 / Hoopa-USL5. MS, DD, AP↑, M+5, 1 turn left. Pretty nervous after a really bad starting board, but Risk-Taker and combos allowed me to pull through for a hard earned win. Didn't get disrupted.

Stage 250: M+5, MS, DD & AP↑ finished with 3 moves left. M-Tyranitar (10), Yveltal (15), Hoopa-USL5 & Dusknoir (11). M-Tyranitar and Hoopa were MVPs for this stage, I used M-Tyranitar to stall the disruption and remove the rocks while getting a few 3k+ Risk-Taker matches with Hoopa-U. I have skill boosted my Dusknoir however it didn't activate any high attack power support will do, Hoopa-C for BB+, Absol for Mind Zap or Zoroark for Sinister Power are my personal recommendations. I was very close to not beating the stage so for anyone with a weaker team should probably invest in a C-1.

Level 250: attack up, mega start, DD and moves+5, mega Tyranitar, Yveltal, Giratina-a and Hoopa-u level sl3. 5 moves left. Really isn't hard as I thought it would but I am quite used to mega Tyranitar. You need to have a balance between how many time you start a combo with Tyranitar but still activate risk taker and po4+. I didn't get any disruptions on this battle but the DD wore off.

Interesting note for 250: if you only bring 3 Pokemon and use Complexity-1, the C-1 will remove the extra 4th Pokemon (Buneary) instead of the 5th support (rocks). So therefore you can play the stage with 3 Pokemon and rocks. Good fodder for Mega Alakazam.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of M-Tyranitar, I've got Ray, Mewtwo, Banette and Gengar (and Blaziken I believe) fully candied, and am currently standing at 20 candies. Seeing how Tyranitar gets more and more important in Ranking Events and Escalations, y'all think it's a good one to level next, or should I go with Garchomp or Shiny Gyarados?

Orgen

I still don't know how to use M-Tar effectively. I always select 3 random spots and see what happens.

The new stages are a pain in the ass... currently on 485 and I don't know how many are left :|

btw Is there any comprehensive list with all the pokemon that can have raise level ítem and how much? (or whats the final attack power fully raised).

And don't forget sleepy-kachu today! :D

I bought six gems at the beginning of the month and still haven't received the 6 bonus gems :| Starting to think I might have goofed somehow.

Camjo-Z

I bought six gems at the beginning of the month and still haven't received the 6 bonus gems :| Starting to think I might have goofed somehow.

I did the same, it's a bit confusingly worded but I think since you bought the gems after the Nov. 1st eligibility determination, it will instead check on the 8th and you'll get the bonus gems on the 9th.

I did the same, it's a bit confusingly worded but I think since you bought the gems after the Nov. 1st eligibility determination, it will instead check on the 8th and you'll get the bonus gems on the 9th.

That is how it works.

Quick question, but is there some clue as to the stages you can take three Pokémon into? Obviously there are three-mon stages, but there are other stages you can just leave a slot empty and get away with it, but do you literally just have to trial and error or is there some hint in-game? Or even a list out of game would do.

I got good mileage from my Kyogre, so no regrets. Sometimes raw power is good when there are no disruptions.

Otherwise, pray Kyogre gets a good alternative skill later on.

Which reminds me, I'm still surprised the primal versions haven't been sighted yet.

Machine

Wow, that's even better!!! Thanks Machine :D

Edit: :| That's the face I put when seeing that raising Kyogre is a waste of time (I got it full raised as Groudon)... my god how many raise level waisted!!!!

The Reddit page also has a ranked list of which Pokemon to use speed-up candies on. I have no regrets about Shiny Gyrados but I wish I hadn't wasted all those candies on Banette. They need to have a one-time item that allows you to un-candy something.

The Reddit page also has a ranked list of which Pokemon to use speed-up candies on. I have no regrets about Shiny Gyrados but I wish I hadn't wasted all those candies on Banette. They need to have a one-time item that allows you to un-candy something.

You'd think after eating all those candies it could quite easily uncandy itself.

pHand

That is how it works.

Quick question, but is there some clue as to the stages you can take three Pokémon into? Obviously there are three-mon stages, but there are other stages you can just leave a slot empty and get away with it, but do you literally just have to trial and error or is there some hint in-game? Or even a list out of game would do.

No in-game hint as far as I know. You'd have to go through Ritchie's Pastebins to determine it. Regirock was a famous example: http://pastebin.com/LpKhEFy7

Regirock is first on the list of default Pokemon, so if you remove one from your team then Regirock will replace it. Keldeo-R was another that I remember. But quickly looking through the Pastebins I don't see many other examples. Almost every main stage has the default list of Pidgey, Happiny, Azurill, and Pichu.

Orgen

What the... I have Banette fully candied!!! And Shiny Gyarados is the one I'm giving candies right now :(

Banette is my mega for Weekend Meowth so no regrets. I also have fully candied Rayquaza, Gengar, Lucario, Mewtwo, Blaziken and I think Blastoise too.

I didn't know Mawile was that useful for everything (huge AP upgrade and fully candied). My shuffle world has been shattered Ö

7 hearts to catch Sleepy Pikachu. Come on.

Also reconsidering PSB grinding on Machamp. The stage is quite tough to beat itemless. I suppose a MAX team would do the trick but all that wasted XP. I'm using Unown to boost Alakazam so sacrificing a bit of power there.

I have fully candied Mewtwo, Lucario, Rayquaza, and Gengar. I may go for Tyranitar or Beedrill next.

Also reconsidering PSB grinding on Machamp. The stage is quite tough to beat itemless. I suppose a MAX team would do the trick but all that wasted XP. I'm using Unown to boost Alakazam so sacrificing a bit of power there.
There are not enough rocks for Alakazam to do enough damage. A Mewtwo team is much more likely to beat him. When he does his thing with the rocks, just focus on making matches that will break them and then follow up with a Mewtwo combo.

Once I gave up on Alakazam and focused solely on Mewtwo, it stopped losing every now and then. I raised the skill to level 5 using the following team:
Mewtwo, Unown(!), Victini, Deoxys.

Alakazam could take Victini's place. Tried it a couple of times and was more or less the same.

Loptous

How many friggging Pikachus are they gonna make us catch...??

Almost didn't notice the safari... Got both Sunkern and Sunflora in a day though.

Also, 29 more S-ranks to get... and I'm down to 10 jewels without ever buying any...

There are not enough rocks for Alakazam to do enough damage. A Mewtwo team is much more likely to beat him. When he does his thing with the rocks, just focus on making matches that will break them and then follow up with a Mewtwo combo.

Once I gave up on Alakazam and focused solely on Mewtwo, it stopped losing every now and then. I raised the skill to level 5 using the following team:
Mewtwo, Unown(!), Victini, Deoxys.

Alakazam could take Victini's place. Tried it a couple of times and was more or less the same.

I'm at lvl 4 with MMewtwo/Victini/Uxie/Fearrow

With a brand new EB tomorrow I don't know if I'll get it to lvl 5 this time. Machamp's stage just takes to long for quick PSB grinding.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Reminder that because of the time change, you can now check in at 1 a.m. Eastern.

Close to finishing the new main stages, at stage 490. 489 is a pain because you want to take in the pokemon that the stage is based on based on the disruptions, but it's so weak, it makes it harder to clear item less & I'm just gonna give in & get +5 moves for the S-Rank.

I'm at lvl 4 with MMewtwo/Victini/Uxie/Fearrow

With a brand new EB tomorrow I don't know if I'll get it to lvl 5 this time. Machamp's stage just takes to long for quick PSB grinding.
Depending on how far along you are, it might be better to just tackle the escalation battle. It takes 40 PSB to get from 4 to 5, but only 30 to get from 1 to 4.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, got Meloetta at level 4/%, that was surprisingly quick.

Also HOLY CRAP, Attack Power 80 and Mega Boost++, that is going to be VERY helpful when combined with Unown & Mewtwo for weekend Meowth.

Wow, got Meloetta at level 4/%, that was surprisingly quick.

Also HOLY CRAP, Attack Power 80 and Mega Boost++, that is going to be VERY helpful when combined with Unown & Mewtwo for weekend Meowth.
Mega Boost++ has crap activation rates though. :( 10/20/60. Mega Boost+ is better, I think.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
But there's no skill boosters on escalation battles, right?
I know where my Pikachu cookies are going :>

pHand

Mega Boost++ has crap activation rates though. :( 10/20/60. Mega Boost+ is better, I think.

MB+ is 50/100/100 at skill level 1 and adds 6 to the gauge, while MB++ adds 9. The idea of getting MMY online in two turns is really tempting for Weekend Meowth, though, and I'm still 100 stages before I get to Unown ! on mobile, with at least 20 coins sinks along the way. 120 skill points for SL5, though...

And some people on Reddit have said MB++ is 30/40/80 on SL5, but apparently it's been changed a few times and the guy who does the pastebins is working on getting it updated.

Thanks for the tip about using MMewtwoY for Machamp. Haven't failed a level since, but getting terrible drop rates. May just stop at skill level 3.

Also the top 5 for the competition uses RML-capable Pokemon (Medicham, Lucario, Xerneas, Machamp, Genesect), in case you want to use them all up.

I think MB+ is better than MB++. A 50% gauge increase (9 vs. 6) with a much lower activation rate isn't worth it. On an initial board you're most likely making a 3-match and occasionally 4, so even at SL5 you aren't guaranteed an early activation.

MB+ is 50/100/100 at skill level 1 and adds 6 to the gauge, while MB++ adds 9. The idea of getting MMY online in two turns is really tempting for Weekend Meowth, though, and I'm still 100 stages before I get to Unown ! on mobile, with at least 20 coins sinks along the way. 120 skill points for SL5, though...

And some people on Reddit have said MB++ is 30/40/80 on SL5, but apparently it's been changed a few times and the guy who does the pastebins is working on getting it updated.
Yeah, it's currently 30/40/80 on skill level 5, but to get there you need 120 skill points, which is a lot of investment for 80% on a 5 match, and you never really get 5 matches on weekend meowth anyway.

I think even MB is better than MB++.

She might get a skill swap or the skill might get another buff in the future, but as it stands, I think Meloetta's niche is just stages where you don't really need Deoxys' or Cresselia's abilities but still want that 80BP Pokémon.

Thanks for the tip about using MMewtwoY for Machamp. Haven't failed a level since, but getting terrible drop rates. May just stop at skill level 3.
Awesome! Yeah, sometimes I got 5 straight matches without a gift. Level 5 is really worth it, but getting to 3 should be easy.

pHand

Decided to go all the way on Meloetta and barely cleared 200 with a full-item run, lol. I ended up spending over 75,000 coins on it, plus another 10k on Mega Sharpedo, so hopefully the next few weeks are light so I can farm Meowth.

Ondore

Protip: As soon as you hit stage 176 in the escalation, add Meloetta to your team. Trust me.

Going to try a couple of runs of Sharpedo after I build up some coins - MMewtwoX and Tyranitar.

Camjo-Z

i've wasted so many coins and hearts trying to catch this solrock it's not even funny

even when i finally decided "alright i'm not using great balls unless there's a super catch chance" it still screwed me over at 73%

edit: I think the game felt bad because it gave me a 2000 coin drop in the round right after I caught it.

Not for the first time, a thoroughly frustrating contest.

I did an itemless run to see what was up, and got 30,000 points. I then paid for the attack doubler, and managed about 18,000 doubled to 36,000.

Fucking hell.

Ondore

Apparently anyone who beats Mega Metagross by update time Tuesday will get a jewel (3DS) or five hearts (mobile) in addition to the RML.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh damn, really? Got almost 40k coins & at 491, wonder if I could make it in time, considering I only have 3 more Pokemon to catch & 10 more S-ranks....though I still need to enter the competition for the items.

Ondore

You can always go back on a slow week to do S-ranks and catches - using my hearts to blast through to 500 now and will grind the coins out this week.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
On 497 now, thankfully had 2 spare hearts via streetpass. I recall this week was a bunch of repeats, so might just try to quick beat 500, then go back to grinding for coins for S-ranks since I only need 4 more & just 1 more Pokemon to catch.

Edit: I got the RML, but not the jewel......But at the very least, Mega Metagross seems.......a BIT better as a Mega Steel type compared to Steelix?

Oh well, least I only need 3 more S-ranks (I should've done a Moves +5 with the C-1 on Mega Metagross.....) & then do the EX stage, then I'll be caught up.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently anyone who beats Mega Metagross by update time Tuesday will get a jewel (3DS) or five hearts (mobile) in addition to the RML.
Well that's cool, because I wasted a fuckton of coins on this stage >:|
Edit: oh, we should have gotten it immediately? I only got the RML.

Ondore

Yeah, the wording is going to be updated tomorrow. We were supposed to get the RML, but they had the old wording of "get a jewel" (or "get 5 hearts") instead. Anyone who beats MMetagross before the wording change gets the extra reward.

(Just got it, Garchomp/fully boosted Risk Taker Landorus/Gallade beat it in six moves with a full item run.)

Cosmozone

The Sharpedo stage crashes on me! :( Happens when the stage starts. And I have no good score yet. I can only think about the team constellation as the culprit. Currently I'm trying Heracross, Medicham, Genesect and Machamp. Anybody with the same problem?

Edit: I have the mega stone already. Tried another combination, same result.

Yeah no way I'm getting to 500 before tomorrow.

For weekend Meowth, a post on Reddit suggested trying M-Rayquaza, Zygard10, Sunkern/Manaphy, and leaving the fourth slot empty. Coins become the 4th team member and Pidgey is the extra 5th support, which you can eject.

Pros over MMY+Mega Boost team:
-evolves faster
-can still use Eject++ after evolution

Cons:
-can get clogged with Zygard10 since Ray doesn't remove it

In my small sample size I scored (net) 5700, 5100, 5000, and 6800 coins. It's a bit higher than what I usually get with MMY but is still highly RNG dependent.

Loptous

: [
Just beat M-Metagross then...

For weekend Meowth, a post on Reddit suggested trying M-Rayquaza, Zygard10, Sunkern/Manaphy, and leaving the fourth slot empty. Coins become the 4th team member and Pidgey is the extra 5th support, which you can eject.
I've been using M-Rayquaza and Zygarde 10 for a while and have to agree it's been rather effective (had overall better results than with Gengar). The other two I use both have Quirky+ instead though (Xerneas and Cherim)

Top Bottom