• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
WOOOOOOOO, ranked #578, first time I was in the top bracket & got the 3 speedups & RMLs.

Looks like aside from Archeops, it's all repeats.

& holy hell, looking at that chart at who to level up, I had NO idea just how strong certain Pokemon could get....& seeing Pokemon that I was trying to level up further like Xerneas be considered super low in the "should you level them up?" rank.....

daydream

Banned
WOOOOOOOO, ranked #578, first time I was in the top bracket & got the 3 speedups & RMLs.

Looks like aside from Archeops, it's all repeats.

& holy hell, looking at that chart at who to level up, I had NO idea just how strong certain Pokemon could get....& seeing Pokemon that I was trying to level up further like Xerneas be considered super low in the "should you level them up?" rank.....

reddit is in too deep, i wouldn't worry about it

Got 9100 (net 8300) on a weekend Meowth run. The blank 4th Pokemon (with Mega Ray and Eject++) seems to be working better for me.

Rewards for the escalation don't seem to be that good so I'll probably just go to 50.

Orgen

reddit is in too deep, i wouldn't worry about it

That's what I thought at first but... in the end it makes sense. For example I only gave raise level max to the Pokemon with the highest AP (Groudon and Kyogre at first, then Genesect and Yveltal later...) but now that I'm trying to get more S ranks I'm seeing that other Pokemon with no so much AP are better for getting these S ranks (Talonflame comes to mind).

So now I have Kyogre at level 15 with 110 AP that I'm not using anymore and I have Talonflame at level 4 (68 AP) when I could have spend my Raise Level on him instead :| So if you want to get all the S ranks for the Extra Pokemon I'd advise to take a look at the reddit tables.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I had no idea Pokemon like Mew or Azumarill were actually super useful if you bothered to give them a bunch of RMLs considering their lower max AP. & yeah, I pretty much stuck with "well these Pokemon are already being used a lot & have high APs, might as well make them even stronger" like Genesect.

Orgen

I had no idea Pokemon like Mew or Azumarill were actually super useful if you bothered to give them a bunch of RMLs considering their lower max AP. & yeah, I pretty much stuck with "well these Pokemon are already being used a lot & have high APs, might as well make them even stronger" like Genesect.

That's the other thing, even if they have low AP the jumps for each raise level are higher. For example Mawile went from 70 at level 10 to 75 at level 11.

But if in the future you can change Kyogre's skill then I'll be the one laughing bwahahaha :D

Machine

I actually managed to get to Level 50 by using Oh-Ho's Power of Five. That did a lot of damage.

That's as far as I'm going though. The other rewards don't seem worth carrying on.

If you have a spare skill swapper, you might consider using it on Ho-Oh. Pyre is pretty useful.

SS aren't as valuable as MSU or RML, but I wouldn't use one on Ho-Oh to make it a stronger Delphox.

Got an RML on my first Moltres run. I guess that makes up for the terrible RNG when trying to catch Archeops.

Machine

I'm up to 250 on the current EB, I just need to farm enough coins to take a shot at it. I'm not sure if I'll go for 300 or stop there. It seems 251-299 may not be as bad as 201-249 but I don't really want the RMLs as much as the speedups.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looks like a repeat week, including a repeat Mega competition with Abomasnow.

Haven't even had the desire to grind with Meowth since I'm sitting on 61K+ coins & have had jewels to use for Weekend Meowth.

As for next week,
winter/holiday safari, Black Kyurem, & Delibird (Holiday) once-per-day stage

I don't know who the blame lies for us being three weeks into a new generation without any sign of the new Pokémon, but it's more than a little embarrassing.

I actually didn't have Tyrantrum yet. Caught it in the main stage.

Will probably spend my hearts farming skill-swapped Emboar.

I don't know who the blame lies for us being three weeks into a new generation without any sign of the new Pokémon, but it's more than a little embarrassing.

They need to release all the winking Pokemon first.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, just barely under 90k for the mega competition & ranked 155. & I didn't even fully level up both of the pokemon that you need to bring to counter the disruptions.

Holy crap, just barely under 90k for the mega competition & ranked 155. & I didn't even fully level up both of the pokemon that you need to bring to counter the disruptions.

I don't know if I'm a fan of these competitions where luck is 90% of your ranking. But I guess that's better than having the top tier reserved for those who only SS and grinded a SL5 support mon that you'll never use again.

295-299 was brutal in the EB. At least next week is going to be light so I can grind back all that lost coin between Mega Comp, EB and Farming. I still need Emboar to reach SL 5 but there should be plenty of time with a worthless looking Safari and Black Kyurem the only thing worth catching next week

Ondore

There's also a one-a-day stage (Holiday Delibird) that'll be worth going all out for on day 1 for maximum item / coin / Mega Speedup chances.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, got both of them rather easy. Now it's time to focus on the safari. 5 attempts in & already caught 3 of the 8.

MiTYH

Found Holiday Pikachu on the third try, thank god. Solution is here for a 1-turn win (found on reddit- make the red box move), 26% catch rate this way.

acg922N.jpg

He got out for me, but super catch brought him to 88% and you bet I wasted a great ball on him

I don't know how you guys are beating B-Kyurem itemless. It kicked my ass twice so I wasted an DD and ATK and it didn't stay in 3 great balls @ 42%. I wouldn't have messed with more Mega Comp attempts if I knew this thing was going to be such a coin sink.

I actually fell out of the top tier in the competition with about an hour left. Had to play it 3 more times to get a new high score.

Found Holiday Pikachu with my third Safari heart but no one had updated how to beat it yet so I used both moves. Probably would've needed a Great Ball either way. Catch rates are pretty brutal though.

For Delibird, I used Mega Start on Tyranitar and beat it rather easily, but still needed a Great Ball.

pHand

These Safari catch rates are absolutely disgusting. Pikachu at 3% encounter rate and 52% max catch rate (not including Super Catch Power, which rarely seems to trigger this Safari anyway) is abysmal. It feels like a ploy to get people to splurge on the Weekend Shop item.

Chopper

I've been playing since launch, but I'm finally out.

I just don't find it fun any more.

Thanks Pokemon Shuffle. It's been emotional.

Fewr

I've been playing since launch, but I'm finally out.

I just don't find it fun any more.

Thanks Pokemon Shuffle. It's been emotional.

I'm finding it harder and harder to keep going. I've tried to quit once, but couldn't.
Now that I'm playing Moon, it's a chore to go back to this... I really don't know if I'll keep going. It's 50/50 right now.

I got 1000 coins.

I kind of agree the game is turning into a chore. The special stages are either coin/heart sinks or one-and-done new Pokemon (play it, catch it, forget it since it's too expensive to train). And with their insistence on releasing special types of existing Pokemon instead of new ones (not to mention main repeat stages), the end-game looks very very far away.

If GS moves on to something else, I hope they release a one-time cost for unlimited hearts and automatically rotate the special stages every week.

Fewr

That'd be good.
I wonder, for 3ds people, will this game still be updated and alive in 2018? Knowing Nintendo I don't think there will be a migration to switch.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yay, finally got Pikachu variant #6 (no seriously, there's now SEVEN versions of Pikachu) & finished the safari.

Also holy crap, we're now at 685 (or 686) Pokemon.

Three drops from Delibird today, including one red box.

I couldn't beat it.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Yesterday I went in with a +5 and beat him with 7 moves remaining. He dropped nothing so it was a waste of 800 coins. Today I got none of the breaks. No combos at all.

Haha, it was definitely a harder stage than yesterday, I wonder if it's random or whether everyone is getting the same about of wooden box things, must have been like two times as many, it was putting them in as fast as I could clear them. Getting Mega Lucario with two moves left made the difference.

Orgen

First time that I didn't beat Delibird... I got only a White box so nothing fancy missing.

Still Pikachu missing from the safari and btw, playing it I got the "do a higher 123 combo" from the Mission Cards (totally forgot about them) so I'm trying to complete the ones I have left and... how the f*** do you get the 40 clouds from Yveltal? :eek:

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I ACCIDENTALLY WASTED A JEWEL BEATING DELIBIRD

& I DIDN'T EVEN GET ANYTHING FOR BEATING IT

WHY DID I PUT OVER 550 HOURS INTO THIS GAME IN THE FIRST PLACE

Loptous

Haha, it was definitely a harder stage than yesterday, I wonder if it's random or whether everyone is getting the same about of wooden box things
Same stage for everyone but different random rewards.
I didn't beat it today, but I didn't receive any gift in the first place.

Also, I'm completely up to date right now with +80K coins. Not even going to bother dropping a jewel on Meowth this weekend : )

Top Bottom