• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Machine

I just beat Mega Metagross but still have a LOT of S ranks to get. Now I need to get enough coins to beat Meloetta lvl 200 since I'm down below 1000 at the moment. Hopefully I can polish it off by Thursday.

Fewr

I didn't lose anything when I did it, just make sure you do it properly. I'll confirm the method I used later when I have a bit more time if you like.
That'd be very helpful, thanks.
I'm thinking about getting a new 3ds given the deal that was recently announced. The black one looks great.

On 3DS, they've nerfed M-Beedrill and M-Tyranitar by not delaying a disruption when you match with it after Mega Evolution.

M-Camerupt competition is next week and has the same effect as Tyranitar (but you tap two spots instead of 3). 18 icons to evolve, can take up to 7 MSU's. So it'll evolve faster with fewer MSU investment at the expense of 10 base power and one tapped spot.

Pretty light week for updates. That'll give me time to keep going on Meloetta.

OmegaX

I'm at stage 161 of the Meloetta scalation battle. At first, on stages 151-160 I was able to beat it with some effort but now it is impossible. I always leave it with around 1/5 HP left even when I get some good combos going. My team is Mega Gengar (MAX), Forretress (7), Hoopa-C (MAX), and Darkrai/Giratina (MAX). Any tips on beating the remaing stages to reach stage 175?

Machine

I'm at stage 161 of the Meloetta scalation battle. At first, on stages 151-160 I was able to beat it with some effort but now it is impossible. I always leave it with around 1/5 HP left even when I get some good combos going. My team is Mega Gengar (MAX), Forretress (7), Hoopa-C (MAX), and Darkrai/Giratina (MAX). Any tips on beating the remaing stages to reach stage 175?

I think I was using Mega Ray, Bisharp, Hoopa-C, and Darkrai (all Max). Toward the end I used M+5 a few times to make it easier. Once you beat 175, the run from 176 to 200 is actually easier than the run from 151 to 175.

pHand

Darkrai with Sleep Charm is really the key. Get it to at least Skill Level 2 for a 10% increase in activation rate. Then set up 4 or 5 matches whenever possible. I had multiple runs where Meloetta never woke up.

As for the rest of the team, I used M-Genger, Yveltal (for the high attack power) and Zoroark (for Sinister Power, which increases damage for Dark types quite a bit). I felt like Hoopa-C wasn't too necessary because the later barrier disruptions aren't much of a hindrance. The HP does get ridiculous at 170+, however, and I just used Moves +5 to get to 175.

OmegaX

I think I was using Mega Ray, Bisharp, Hoopa-C, and Darkrai (all Max). Toward the end I used M+5 a few times to make it easier. Once you beat 175, the run from 176 to 200 is actually easier than the run from 151 to 175.
I wish I had Bisharp. I'm using Forretress as a replacement. I'll try Mega Ray but I don't think I have enough MSUs to max it. Thanks!

Darkrai with Sleep Charm is really the key. Get it to at least Skill Level 2 for a 10% increase in activation rate. Then set up 4 or 5 matches whenever possible. I had multiple runs where Meloetta never woke up.

As for the rest of the team, I used M-Genger, Yveltal (for the high attack power) and Zoroark (for Sinister Power, which increases damage for Dark types quite a bit). I felt like Hoopa-C wasn't too necessary because the later barrier disruptions aren't much of a hindrance. The HP does get ridiculous at 170+, however, and I just used Moves +5 to get to 175.

I'll try this as well. Thanks!

If I get to 170, I'll start using M+5.

CassSept

Yeah that 150-175 part is brutal, I raged so much over it. I'm at 196 now and 175-200 had been, unless I got terrible rng, a piece of cake.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
WTF, used C-1, Moves +5, and Mega Start, and STILL didn't get a S-rank on stage 500. Guide says to use Garchomp (who I have maxed out on candy), MAX level Landorus (with Risk-Taker almost maxed out), & level 15 Groudon, but I ended up with 8 moves left

Ondore

There's a lot of RNG on that level, but I ended up finishing with 21 moves left using max/camdoed Garchomp. SL5 Landorus w/Rist Taker and a Block Smash+ 'mon (Gallade maxed).

Orgen

WTF, used C-1, Moves +5, and Mega Start, and STILL didn't get a S-rank on stage 500. Guide says to use Garchomp (who I have maxed out on candy), MAX level Landorus (with Risk-Taker almost maxed out), & level 15 Groudon, but I ended up with 8 moves left

As Ondore said you should get Gallade instead og Groudon. I got an S Rank with Garchomp MAX, Landorus MAX and Gallade level 9 using C-1 and Moves+5 (and Garchomp with no candies either). Maybe I got lucky!

I'm currently on Meloetta 147, is 150 feasible with no ítems? What are the prizes for 175 and 200?

PS: Ondore, you owe me a jewel :3 hahaha

Is there some reason why people are using Garchomp instead of Rayquaza? MRay is basically C-2 if you're using the C-1 already, haven't failed to get an S-rank with it when I use Mega-Start (though I'm still a ways off 500.)

Orgen

Is there some reason why people are using Garchomp instead of Rayquaza? MRay is basically C-2 if you're using the C-1 already, haven't failed to get an S-rank with it when I use Mega-Start (though I'm still a ways off 500.)

Yep, besides Garchomp having more attack power, in that stage is effective and can destroy blocks and whatever metagross throws at you with the mega attack. And you can't buy a disruption delay so the stage is full of these things

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, if I could get DD, I'd gladly use Rayquaza, but for some reason, you can't.

Guess I should switch to Gallade despite the lower attack power.

Cosmozone

Yeah that 150-175 part is brutal, I raged so much over it. I'm at 196 now and 175-200 had been, unless I got terrible rng, a piece of cake.
Good that I've been reminded about using Darkai. Mine was on ability level 3 so that helped a lot I guess. Otherwise I was using M-Heracross, Giratina and Yveltal (I think) for racking up points during the zzz phases.
One thing I learned was that +5 turns wasn't as good as a safety net as I thought it would be. When things went bad, I could still lose, but in other cases, I had 5 turns left without it. So just trying again turned out to be the better (and cheaper) strategy.

Cosmozone

Meloetta's 176-199 sucks for me. :-( I have to be very lucky to win without items. Wasted a ton of tries and some +5 since Darkrai doesn't seem to be triggered as often as before.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sweet, not only got a S rank on 500, but also got the mission of getting 70,000 points on a stage taken care of as well. Forgot I still had it set to that mission card.

Edit: "You'll have a better chance for coins since we've made it easier for you to make matches at the start of Meowth's Coin Mania"

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, my first time with Meloetta (SL3) on Weekend Meowth, and I think she might shape up to become my MVP. On each of my four trys Mewtwo evolved on the second turn, and although there was some bad luck involved, I finished with >7k coins every time. Not too shabby.

noquarter

So, I've been playing since my save was wiped a couple months ago. Made it back to level 300 (M-Ray) and can't beat it.

Been working on everything though, got quite a few levels left to S-Rank and Pokemon to catch. Was actually pretty easy the second time up until Albens Port or Town. That whole section just sucks.

Kind of sucks being at a weird spot where I can't do too much, since I still don't have a lot of the special event Pokemon that actually make some of the levels S-Rankable or in case of M-Ray, feasible to beat (Lati@s, any other dragons). But, since M-Beedrill I've been able to get the Megas available.

Okay, my first time with Meloetta (SL3) on Weekend Meowth, and I think she might shape up to become my MVP. On each of my four trys Mewtwo evolved on the second turn, and although there was some bad luck involved, I finished with >7k coins every time. Not too shabby.

Did you notice anything weird about Meowth this morning? All my four attempts had the same initial pattern and disrupted with way more coins than usual first time round. Never noticed this happen before.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Did you notice anything weird about Meowth this morning? All my four attempts had the same initial pattern and disrupted with way more coins than usual first time round. Never noticed this happen before.
Now that you mention it, yeah, I always had a 5-match of Meloetta on turn 1 and it did disrupt with more coins after that. That would certainly help with future runs if it continues lol

daydream

Banned
^look for 'meowth's coin mania update' in the notices

---

any suggestions for mons to use my skill boosters on? i max'd out groudon recently

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hoopa Unbound & Landorus T-Form should be the two you give your skill boosters to, maybe Machamp as well if you skill swapped him.

Cosmozone

Any tips for Meloetta 200 if you don't have M-Rayquaza nor M-Tyranitar? I've just realized I've got only coins for a single full-item try. I've got Hoopa, Genesect, Darkrai, Giratina and Yveltal, Zoroark who is not maxed out, and M-Heracross, M-Banette, M-Sharpedo, M-Absol and M-Gengar.

OmegaX

Any tips for Meloetta 200 if you don't have M-Rayquaza nor M-Tyranitar? I've just realized I've got only coins for a single full-item try. I've got Hoopa, Genesect, Darkrai, Giratina and Yveltal, Zoroark who is not maxed out, and M-Heracross, M-Banette, M-Sharpedo, M-Absol and M-Gengar.

I tried twice a full item run with M-Gengar, Yveltal, Darkrai, Giratina/Zoroark and left it at around 1/5 HP both times. I wasn't even sure I was gonna be able to beat it wasting a jewel for 5 more turns because the disruptions were getting pretty nasty. I don't think it can be beat without M-Tyranitar because the blocks get in the way of getting good combos on the first few turns.

pHand

I tried twice a full item run with M-Gengar, Yveltal, Darkrai, Giratina/Zoroark and left it at around 1/5 HP both times. I wasn't even sure I was gonna be able to beat it wasting a jewel for 5 more turns because the disruptions were getting pretty nasty. I don't think it can be beat without M-Tyranitar because the blocks get in the way of getting good combos on the first few turns.

I found that M-Gengar was useless on the boss stages because of the heavy disruptions. I used M-Absol (Max) with Yveltal (11), Darkrai (Max), and Zoroark (7), plus full items, and managed to beat 200 with 2 moves left. M-Absol does a decent job at clearing out disruptions and triggering combos. Having a full Dark team means Sinister Power can do a ton of damage, but make sure to get it to at least Skill Level 2 for a huge +20% activation rate. I didn't actually use Yveltal that much since I relied on Absol to clear out blocks, but I would use Block Smash+ occasionally. Finally, Darkrai won't be of much use initially because of DD, but one or two well-timed Sleep Charms near the end helped. Really, though, the focus should be on triggering Sinister Power and M-Absol. For best results, try to trigger Sinister Power while also getting M-Absol matched. The resulting combo will be devastating.

Good luck! It's tough but doable, and the 2 Mega Speedups were worth it.

Cosmozone

Thanks guys, I'll try at least once a little later on.

Edit: Great, it worked out! M-Absol was probably key, I wonder if M-Heracross would've also worked. It has more ATK, but Absol is better to get rid of the initial blocks fast, probably. Noticed a little too late that Darkrai can't be used while DD is still active, but still got 3 turns left at the end.

Second Articuno run drops an RML. Will probably do a few more runs since it'll be the disruption in the upcoming Mega Camerupt competition.

Stopped after Meloetta 150 and spent my coins to get Hoopa-U instead. Base 90 power is pretty ridiculous.

OmegaX

I found that M-Gengar was useless on the boss stages because of the heavy disruptions. I used M-Absol (Max) with Yveltal (11), Darkrai (Max), and Zoroark (7), plus full items, and managed to beat 200 with 2 moves left. M-Absol does a decent job at clearing out disruptions and triggering combos. Having a full Dark team means Sinister Power can do a ton of damage, but make sure to get it to at least Skill Level 2 for a huge +20% activation rate. I didn't actually use Yveltal that much since I relied on Absol to clear out blocks, but I would use Block Smash+ occasionally. Finally, Darkrai won't be of much use initially because of DD, but one or two well-timed Sleep Charms near the end helped. Really, though, the focus should be on triggering Sinister Power and M-Absol. For best results, try to trigger Sinister Power while also getting M-Absol matched. The resulting combo will be devastating.

Good luck! It's tough but doable, and the 2 Mega Speedups were worth it.

Did it with M-Absol like you suggested with one turn left. Thanks!

So, what teams are you using for Mega Camerupt?

I am trying a few itemless runs and the best I got so far was with this team:

Mega Rayquaza (10/20), Suicune (Level 10, SL2), Glalie (Level 10, SL2), Articuno (Level 10, SL2).

I can't help but think that I should've gotten Articuno to a higher level.

I'm also trying to use a similar team but swaping Shaymin for Glalie, but didn't get lucky with Rayquaza. Might put Glalie as mega instead.

Edit: Ok, did another itemless run, Shaymin did its thing, and I got a ton of Rayquaza to evolve him faster. Got 37968. I think a full item run could work out, but since the later part of the distruptions are beneficial, Shaymin/Glalie might be skipped for a hard-hitting water Pokémon, like Swampert, Palkia or Greninja. I will probably go with Swampert since his ability would be beneficial.

Another strategy could be a full water team with a skill swapped Keldeo, but losing Articuno might bring more harm than good.

Machine

So, what teams are you using for Mega Camerupt?

I am trying a few itemless runs and the best I got so far was with this team:

Mega Rayquaza (10/20), Suicune (Level 10, SL2), Glalie (Level 10, SL2), Articuno (Level 10, SL2).

I can't help but think that I should've gotten Articuno to a higher level.

I'm also trying to use a similar team but swaping Shaymin for Glalie, but didn't get lucky with Rayquaza. Might put Glalie as mega instead.

Edit: Ok, did another itemless run, Shaymin did its thing, and I got a ton of Rayquaza to evolve him faster. Got 37968. I think a full item run could work out, but since the later part of the distruptions are beneficial, Shaymin/Glalie might be skipped for a hard-hitting water Pokémon, like Swampert, Palkia or Greninja. I will probably go with Swampert since his ability would be beneficial.

Another strategy could be a full water team with a skill swapped Keldeo, but losing Articuno might bring more harm than good.

I have SS Keldo but I want to raise it to at least SL2 and then try M-Shiny G (fully candied), Suicune, Keldeo and Articuno. I've done some decent itemless runs but Flash Mob activation rate needs to be higher.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So is it worth it giving the Raise Max Levels to Articuno, Zaptos, &/or Moltres? Right now, I'm focusing on Lucario & Xerneas (both have 2/5 at the moment) and I don't know who else to give them to after I max out those two. I have Genesect, Entei, Groudon, Kyogre, Suicune, & Raikou completely maxed out in both RML & their actual level.

Salamance, I almost never use because Flying type don't tend to appear in the Super Effective category. Maybe Yveltal, especially since I skill swapped him to have Block Smash+. Perhaps Machamp as well since he also got skill swapped, but for Risk-Taker.

Also running out of Mega Pokemon to give speedups to. Just been giving them to S-Gyarados (6/10) so he can feel more useful when he can actually be used in place of M-Gengar.

Got nothing else going on aside from more Meowth & going back to see who I can level up at the same time while waiting to see what a good team for the Mega competition would be.

Orgen

So is it worth it giving the Raise Max Levels to Articuno, Zaptos, &/or Moltres? Right now, I'm focusing on Lucario & Xerneas (both have 2/5 at the moment) and I don't know who else to give them to after I max out those two. I have Genesect, Entei, Groudon, Kyogre, Suicune, & Raikou completely maxed out in both RML & their actual level.

Salamance, I almost never use because Flying type don't tend to appear in the Super Effective category. Maybe Yveltal, especially since I skill swapped him to have Block Smash+. Perhaps Machamp as well since he also got skill swapped, but for Risk-Taker.

Also running out of Mega Pokemon to give speedups to. Just been giving them to S-Gyarados (6/10) so he can feel more useful when he can actually be used in place of M-Gengar.

Got nothing else going on aside from more Meowth & going back to see who I can level up at the same time while waiting to see what a good team for the Mega competition would be.

If you're having trouble deciding what to use your max level ups on Check this

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonShu...evel_usage_recommendations_version_4/.compact

I would recommend Yveltal next since he's the strongest Block smash plus in the game and very useful

For who to speed up
https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonShu...nference_mspeedup_recommendations_v2/.compact

Yep, Yveltal is a must. I have him full candied and with block smash and it's a beast. And following the reddits links I started to buff my Mawile with Raise Level and Speedups so you got there a new one to give him all your ítems :p

I should start leveling Throh. Fighting BB+ is pretty useful.

I regret giving a couple RML's to Mew since its BP is still terrible and BS+ is kind of redundant with M-Alakazam.

Top Bottom