• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

I almost lost two presents because Risk Taker didn't feel like going off between Machamp and Emboar. It did feel like a tougher stage today, it's probably similar to how Eevee will toss an entire board of blocks at you one day and only 3 blocks the next time.

^^^ I got a Mega Speed Up too yesterday. It's funny because when I saw the opening board I thought if the items are distributed in a order today's hinting a high chance of MSU for me. I guess it doesn't quite work like that but getting a heads up on ATK^ days is nice to know when to use items.

Plus three SE Risk Takers on my team now VS the bird.

Mobile Update has leaked a little new info...

-New icons like Shiny Tyranitar and Yveltal, Zygarde Core and Cells, Meloetta's other form, at least 4 more Pikachu icons incoming

-Updated some colors to released Pokemon to make them more distinct. Mewtwo and Ho-Oh were mentioned.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
All I got in terms of "presents" were 1,000 coins &...another 1,000 coins. Meh. Least I'm at 69k for the week.

Since fucking up on Delibird and missing out on 2 red boxes and a white box I have gone in with a moves +5 each time.

First time - Nothing
Second time - 1000 coins and an attack power
Third time - 1000 coins and mega start

I think I've missed out on a MSU.

pHand

Huh, got another Mega Speedup today. Finally, some good luck after that atrocious safari.

Mobile Update has leaked a little new info...

-New icons like Shiny Tyranitar and Yveltal, Zygarde Core and Cells, Meloetta's other form, at least 4 more Pikachu icons incoming

-Updated some colors to released Pokemon to make them more distinct. Mewtwo and Ho-Oh were mentioned.

Aha! I thought I was going crazy when I saw that Mewtwo looked darker.

pHand

Welp, got a MSU from Delibird for the third day in a row. Thank you, Arjesus!

The new update is pretty crazy as well. New main and expert stages, Lots of check-in bonuses, 2x experience from Victini, and the new Rayquaza competition gives up to 5 MSU, 5 RML, and 1 SS.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hot damn at the Rayquaza competition prizes.

Looks like it's 30 main stages & one expert stage that was added. Any word of how many are new Pokemon? Final stage is Mega
Salamance

Welp, got a MSU from Delibird for the third day in a row. Thank you, Arjesus!

The new update is pretty crazy as well. New main and expert stages, Lots of check-in bonuses, 2x experience from Victini, and the new Rayquaza competition gives up to 5 MSU, 5 RML, and 1 SS.
Dammmn I didn't notice that prize pool. There goes all the money I just farmed.

Hot damn at the Rayquaza competition prizes.

Looks like it's 30 main stages & one expert stage that was added. Any word of how many are new Pokemon? Final stage is Mega
Salamance

Looks like 14. There's only two new base 70 Pokes and they both belong to the most crowded type ... Fire. Still no sight of new abilities like Goad or Good Luck.

Weekend Meowth might have a new Mega facing it this week. Flying only has two mega boost supports but you can SS to have three. It's faster than Mega Mewtwo Y or Banette at 12 icons when fully candied right?

Next couple weeks has a Mew EB that has an advertised reward at 350 (x2 RML) and other special rewards. So how high will this EB go 500? Flying type Risk Taker in Tornadus-T and a farmable White Kyurem and Mewtwo stage with Mewtwo X the Next Mega Comp. And a farmable Salamence stage that could drop RML too.

Remember to check this week too...

12/20 20 Hearts
12/21 1 Skill Swapper
12/22 1 Skill Booster M
12/23 1 Exp. Booster x1.5
12/24 1 Raise Max Level
12/25 1 Attack Power ↑
12/26 3,000 Coins
12/27 1 Moves +5
12/28 1 Disruption Delay
12/29 1 Complexity -1
12/30 1 Time +10
12/31 1 Mega Start
1/01 1 Jewel
1/02 1 Mega Speedup

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm only four stages in & I can tell these are going to be annoying.

Looks like that "rebalancing" to some stages before 300 were done to the 3DS stages as well.

Fewr

Is there a site that keeps count of how many icons are left to be released out of the current batch or known pokemon?

It's worrying that there are no Gen VII Pokés in the update. I hope they end up showing up sooner or later.

Seems like they coast during holiday. They put the game on auto pilot with content they finished last month and probably won't return to the offices til next year. I wonder if there's some sort of Nintendo Switch version in the works and a big update in March will usher in Gen VII.

They have nearly exhausted all their delay winking pokes. I don't know what else they could be waiting for but it makes sense for nothing major to happen at this time of year.

WhyMe6

For those of you who keep failing Delibird, even if you have bad luck with Risk Takers I've found that a fully candied Lucario evolves super fast and works wonders regarding both damage and disruption clearing. The board is then usually set up well for some sweet risk taker damage, too. A Rock Break+ mon can also help generate combos, especially when he does that crazy board filling disruption. If you're really not confident, just buy a moves +5! The item drops usually end up being worth more than one of those daily anyway. After catching him on the first day, so far I've gotten:

2x days of nothing
2x mega starts
2x Mega speed ups
3000 coins

This Delibird promo has been great so far! I'm running Lucario, Entei, Machamp and Emboar.

The "hard" Delibird stages are today and this Sunday. Buy a Moves+5 for those to be safe.

Otherwise it's not too difficult to beat itemless. I've been using sped-up Lucario, Machamp, Emboar, and Heatran (no SS Entei).

I've gotten 1 MSU and a few 1000 coin drops so far.

pHand

I think I've been stealing all of the MSUs, because I just got my fourth one in a row on mobile. However, I've gotten zilch on the 3DS version.

What's the best team for an all-items Rayquaza competition run? I was thinking about giving a Double Normal + Mega Ray team a run-out, but I only have enough coins for one crack and don't want to gamble on a gimmick when an all super-effective team would do the trick.

What's the best team for an all-items Rayquaza competition run? I was thinking about giving a Double Normal + Mega Ray team a run-out, but I only have enough coins for one crack and don't want to gamble on a gimmick when an all super-effective team would do the trick.

I'm leaning toward a Pixie Power Team. Audino will be removed by C-1 and Arceus/B-Kyurem drop 8 icons each so two match 4 can get rid of them if MRay doesn't get to them first.

Victini is going to give x2 the EX again hopefully so I can beef up some of these fairies I never use.

Personally, I have never had success with combo teams on timed competitions (3DS). You have to activate it first and keep the combo going. I'm probably just going straight damage with Mega Rayquaza, Arceus, B-Kyurem, and my strongest SE non-Dragon (probably Xerneas). Raising a ton of Fairies to high levels in one week isn't enough time IMO.

If I was on mobile a combo team would be easier though with turns instead of time.

I tried an itemless run with Arceus and B-Kyurem they look too similar to me. I'm not great at maintaining a single combo either so having vastly different colors helps a ton.

Azumarill is at 9 and B-Kyurem from 1 to 6 the last Victini run. I'll get Risk Taker to level 3 for when I do drop the combo and I'm at Togekiss (lvl 7) PSB stage and it seems to be a decent drop rate.

Trying a raise a Double Normal team would be too hard in a week. So that's not an option

Maybe a Dancing Dragons team? MRay/Dragonite/BKyurem/Azumarill doesn't really take advantage of MRay's ability but it's a little stronger base power.

Glalie hasn't been beefed up so I don't really have another Mega option.

I don't know I've got til Saturday to figure out who gets the EX, I'll probably take two runs at it and call it a week.

Just gave the Double Normal Team a run, and ended up slightly outside the top rank.

I reckon that a go on Victini and a little bit more luck with Arceus triggering the ability might actually see me through.

pHand

According to data-miners, there's a 12.5% chance of an MSU drop from Delibird, as well as 50% for 1000 coins and 25% for the item of the day. So, the chances of me getting 4 MSUs in a row was 0.024%. Sadly, my streak ended, and I got nada on mobile yesterday.

Apparently the upcoming Mew escalation battle is going up to 500 stages. I really hope the same team I used for Meloetta can get me through this one as well, since the rewards are worth it. You can get up to 5 MSUs and 7 RMLs, as well as the ever elusive Skill Booster L.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Why the hell is Weepinbell so damn hard to S-rank??? I can't even beat it without using M+5 at times, & this is using MAX Rayquaza, MAX Entei, MAX Ho-Oh, & Lv. 9 Lugia.

Why the hell is Weepinbell so damn hard to S-rank??? I can't even beat it without using M+5 at times, & this is using MAX Rayquaza, MAX Entei, MAX Ho-Oh, & Lv. 9 Lugia.
Have you tried rolling out your brand spankin' new MSalamence? I already fed it 10 MSU and SS it. Trigger mega boost twice and it's evolved, can't wait to add a Risk Taker to a Sky Blast Team now.

I'm so far behind on S ranks. I have some in the 240s I still haven't done. 5 more and I'll unlock Hydregion in time for Mew's EB

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
FINALLY, Delibird handing out the good stuff. Got a Mega Speedup + 1000 coins.

Also had luck on my side in S-ranking & catching Weepinbell.

...but not with S-ranking Lileep, ONE MOVE SHORT. Edit: there we go.

Cosmozone

Merry Christmas.
I was so happy at first to see the Rayquaza competition and today finally took a closer look and there's no mega stone to get, argh! As for Delibird, 2x1000 coins and a mega start so far (two fails, but there apparently were no drops for them). If I didn't read about better drops here, I wouldn't even know...

Ondore

Merry Christmas.

Went runner on MSUs yesterday and today to finish with 3 out of 13 days with a drop (1 lost). My S-Gyarados is now maxed. :D

Building up coins and taking one more run at Ray. I think I'm on pace to finish in tier 5 (31k).

Wasn't expecting Delibird to end so soon!

Mew looking pretty angry as a replacement.

WVW69j60Owsu2SFnqf

I got a RML from Mewtwo on my first try, reached SL2 in 7 tries. Hit 5 digits on Weekend Meowth for the first time in what feels like a year, MSalamence, Lugia, and Noibat replace the psychic team on Sundays from now on. Time to make another run at Rayquaza before this luck runs out.

Top Bottom