• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Mr-Joker

Banned
You'll be back. They are always back.

Nope, it has been deleted. I am never going back to this game. Unless they actually offer a one time fee to permanently remove the heart limit.

I was also getting annoyed by the lack of gen 6 Pokémon in the game, only 13 are in the game and none of them are the Kalos starters.

SalvaPot

Nope, it has been deleted. I am never going back to this game. Unless they actually offer a one time fee to permanently remove the heart limit.

I was also getting annoyed by the lack of gen 6 Pokémon in the game, only 13 are in the game and none of them are the Kalos starters.

Did you also delete the save file or just the game?

If you haven't deleted the save file it means you'll be back. YOU'LL BE BACK.

Boogiepop

Ugh, these later EX stages are getting to me. Still have to unlock the last two, but I still need to catch Blaziken, Heatran, and Xerneas. Blaziken I just can't beat, Heatran seems nasty as well but maybe the most doable of the three, and freaking Xerneas... I beat it like once or twice, but I just wasted 5 hearts and couldn't beat the dumb thing once, and even if I squeak by it's 1% catch rate! Bleh.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Did you also delete the save file or just the game?

If you haven't deleted the save file it means you'll be back. YOU'LL BE BACK.

I banished everything to the distortion world, I will not be returning period.

Shame really I was enjoying the game but I just couldn't deal with the heart system which made me flip flop on the game from loving it to hating it.

It had to go for the stake of my mind.

Boogiepop

Ugh, these later EX stages are getting to me. Still have to unlock the last two, but I still need to catch Blaziken, Heatran, and Xerneas. Blaziken I just can't beat, Heatran seems nasty as well but maybe the most doable of the three, and freaking Xerneas... I beat it like once or twice, but I just wasted 5 hearts and couldn't beat the dumb thing once, and even if I squeak by it's 1% catch rate! Bleh.

Went back for Heatran and he actually caught at 13%. So that's something at least!

magnetic

Really charming game, I love the sound effects, reminds me a bit of those bubbles in Little Big Planet. Very relaxing music as well.

I actually don't mind only being able to play this for a few rounds at a time, I honestly wouldn't play it much more even if I could. It's perfect for multiple short sessions a day.

I don't really take the game serious, but as some lighthearted puzzle fun for free, I'm not complaining at all.

I'm still very glad the Mario Puzzle Dragon game is a full retail release, it would have been such a bummer if they turned that one into F2P.

BooJoh

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Welp, finished stage 150 thanks to that complexity -1 we got. Guess only thing to do now is go back, earn more S ranks, & beat those EX stages.

zroid

Banned
I actually came pretty close to beating Mega Glalie on my first try, surprisingly. I mean the whole thing was looking like a clusterfuck for the most part, then the game shuffled the board and I landed a big combo on my final move. :lol

Chopper

k8urfIo.jpg

Holy shit! Gotcha!

Now to tackle the EX stages. I got Absol a while ago. Just tried Rotom. Failed horribly.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I just realized why Mega Glalie is such a fucking money grab - they game replaces one of your monsters on your team with a ridiculously underpowered piece of garbage. Seriously. My 3 matches were doing 160 or so, and this monster (not the Snorunt he jams with) does 26 damage. :|

BooJoh

Got to Pichu, 7% basic chance of catching it, deleted the game.

Don't blame you, I foolishly carried on and got to Ivysaur. There was no way I could catch him without burning up my hearts limit.

The funny thing is the catchability feels irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Unless you're talking about the EX stages with their 1% base, the rest of the 'mon seem to be a crap shoot whether it's 7% or 97%. But as evidenced by so many posters in this topic, they're quite catchable. The game has been out just under two weeks and several people here have caught most of the Pokemon without spending any money.

BooJoh

My fiancé plays this and says the Pokemon of the day is one she already has...what's going on with that?

The current Pokémon of the day event will rotate through the 5 Rotom forms until March 21st, they haven't yet announced what will come after that. It's so people have a few weeks to get them if they miss a day.

Boba2007

Caught all the main stage Pokemon finally. Still haven't spent any money on it, still don't plan to.

Hopefully it doesn't take too long for them to release more stages. And I hope those stages don't become even more difficult. I'd rather not have to fight a Gengar every level.

Now to do the EX stages... only been able to catch the first three so far, so I'm not really looking forward to it.

Stats:
zlCfzTEf-3kMcAU8Vv

Does anyone have any tips for Gengar? I'm rocking a lvl 6 Sableye, Lvl 3 Zoroark, Lvl 4 Liepard, and Level 4 Absol. I win 2 out of every 3 attempts but usually only have 1-2 moves left. I've spent two days on this, probably 50 plays. I think I'm losing my mind.

Dryk

The current Pokémon of the day event will rotate through the 5 Rotom forms until March 21st, they haven't yet announced what will come after that. It's so people have a few weeks to get them if they miss a day.
It'll probably Kanto starter mega-stones + 2 more

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
This Mega Glalie stage is really starting to wear me down. It's so blatantly weighted against you that it's ridiculous. I get that the game wants you to spend your coins (because they don't do anything else BUT give you boosts), but that stage is just insane. I want to clear it sans boosts, but if it's not done by Wednesday, I'm going to give in I think.

Boba2007

Does anyone have any tips for Gengar? I'm rocking a lvl 6 Sableye, Lvl 3 Zoroark, Lvl 4 Liepard, and Level 4 Absol. I win 2 out of every 3 attempts but usually only have 1-2 moves left. I've spent two days on this, probably 50 plays. I think I'm losing my mind.

You could try using a Mega that easily clears out hazards, even if it's not very effective like Audino. I tried this for a bunch of different Pokemon and it helped a lot, although you also have to have some luck when it comes to actually catching them.

Also you should definitely be using Haunter so that you get free hits when Gengar creates them.

Bulbasaur

Banned
So I finally bit and got this. I've never played any Candy Crush or anything similar. It really is a cheap and nasty business model and to me seems very un-Nintendo / The Pokemon Company. Visually its fairly barebones and soulless and there’s no 3D at all. They should just put the damn thing on smart phones. As I've said before, I don’t believe this type of game belongs on Nintendo handhelds.

zroid

Banned
This Mega Glalie stage is really starting to wear me down. It's so blatantly weighted against you that it's ridiculous. I get that the game wants you to spend your coins (because they don't do anything else BUT give you boosts), but that stage is just insane. I want to clear it sans boosts, but if it's not done by Wednesday, I'm going to give in I think.

yeah it's a bit much tbh

Xemnas89

Well just got to Mega Glalie and I can already tell this will be a tough one. I can see me still being stuck on this stage by the end of the week. I refuse to spend coins on these boosts and I already used my free complexity -1 so I'll be spending alot of time with this pokemon.

Has anyone thought of simply shifting the system clock forward to replenish hearts? Since the game seems to count down even when the system is turned off/offline, I'd assume this might work in some way.

SalvaPot

Has anyone thought of simply shifting the system clock forward to replenish hearts? Since the game seems to count down even when the system is turned off/offline, I'd assume this might work in some way.

The game has a check-in function, that might stop those attempts.

adroit

I spend coins on trainer battles only (after trying them several times without coins). I don't use coins on normal or EX stages.

I have only used Disruption Delay and Moves +5.

I have over 30,000 coins and 12 jewels (haven't done stage 150 yet). I have zero fear of ever running out of coins. If future updates add stupidly insane stages, I'll just quit playing. The nice thing about not spending any real money on this game is I have zero "investment" in it. I can quit at any time it starts getting absurd.

Joined the "stuck on Mega Glalie" club this morning. Fuck.

It's pretty hard to deal with when over 80% of your board is locked out in ice. At that point you can't even get in a position to clear it because you have no room to move at all.

BooJoh

I'm guessing it'll have some sort of protection against this, even without checking in. I recall older Pokemon games locking you out of certain features if you changed the clock or used them on a different system. There's no internal clock for the game in this case, but they may have some way to check. Even if nobody wants to try it out we'll likely find out if there's a penalty imposed for advancing the clock in 5 days when Daylight Savings Time begins.

LOLDSFAN

So I've been playing the game for awhile now and I've converted the F2P love too. I'm not going to buy anything though. :p

Been trying to get Articuno for a couple days but dat ice is too strong. He's my favorite Pokemon too. :(

Xemnas89

Joined the "stuck on Mega Glalie" club this morning. Fuck.

It's pretty hard to deal with when over 80% of your board is locked out in ice. At that point you can't even get in a position to clear it because you have no room to move at all.

Yep it's a terrible thing. Sometimes you get lucky and run out of moves which causes the game to refresh but more often than not you're just stuck with a few terrible moves that really do nothing for you.

Boba2007

Been trying to get Articuno for a couple days but dat ice is too strong. He's my favorite Pokemon too. :(

Yup, haven't been able to come very close to catching him yet. I managed to get the 5 pokemon after him today at least.

I tried to fight Blaziken (EX stage 12) to help with Articuno, but I don't even know how that stage is supposed to be possible. 30 seconds, gray blocks, smoke clouds AND lots of health. If they're willing to make the stage harder while also cut the time you have in half, I don't even want to know what the 15 second EX stages are like.

JoeM86

Yup, haven't been able to come very close to catching him yet. I managed to get the 5 pokemon after him today at least.

I tried to fight Blaziken (EX stage 12) to help with Articuno, but I don't even know how that stage is supposed to be possible. 30 seconds, gray blocks, smoke clouds AND lots of health. If they're willing to make the stage harder while also cut the time you have in half, I don't even want to know what the 15 second EX stages are like.

Hell. They're like hell

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

Caught Articuno yesterday with 13% of catching rate. At first try. I was like "Woah" when that happened :lol

Chastten

Banned
I'm ashamed to say I still play it on a daily basis and am now at level 84 :(

Hate the heartcap and would never throw money at it, but the game is quite fun

enoki

My clock was off by about 10 minutes. When I logged in after fixing the time, it locked me out of playing any special levels until I checked in. I didn't pay attention to my hearts, though.

Top Bottom