• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Well in my frustration with Mega Glalie I bought a Complexity -1 and used a jewel to get 5 extra moves. Part of me regrets it but I'm just happy to be past it now.

I'm tempted to do this but the thought that I could spend all those coins/jewels and yet still not be in a position to beat the stage really turns me off the idea.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Mega Glalie beaten with mega start, disruption delay, +5 moves, and complexity -1. Finished him in 8 moves before he had a chance to do anything. S rank with a score of 15k. Glad I'll never touch thay stage again!

Draxal

I'm tempted to do this but the thought that I could spend all those coins/jewels and yet still not be in a position to beat the stage really turns me off the idea.

I beat it easily with a +5 turns and anti disruption remover with an A rank, would have an S rank if I turned it to 3 mons only.

+5 turns and anti disruption is 1800 coins which is 2 mew dailies.

adroit

Any tips for S-Ranking Froslass?
It seems impossible to one-turn the stage.
After you posted this, I tried a bunch of starting moves to see if any of them would work. I finally gave up and tried the revoltingly cheesy option of putting Froslass on my team. The game randomly picks where to put each 'mon on your team in the puzzle. It took several tries but I eventually got a usable "break" on the initial setup and was able to make a good/lucky enough first move to finish it off.

I consider this a highly disappointing and unsatisfying way to S-rank this puzzle. If someone can figure out how to make a team without Froslass and bring down this puzzle in one move, I'd love to hear about it. That would be the elegant solution. Of course, it might not exist. Froslass might be the only option. Bleh.

Boogiepop

Okay. I managed a weird zen state against Xerneas last night and beat it with like 9 seconds left last night, which gave me a 16-18% or something, and it actually caught! Now I just need to get Blaziken and then to unlock the last 2 stages. Any advice for Blaziken? I only JUST managed my first win against it and that was with 0 seconds left so I only had a 1% chance that obviously failed.

akileese

The game gifted me a complexity 1. I needed that and 2 jewels to get through mega glalie. That is no joke an obnoxious as hell puzzle.

Loptous

After you posted this, I tried a bunch of starting moves to see if any of them would work. I finally gave up and tried the revoltingly cheesy option of putting Froslass on my team. The game randomly picks where to put each 'mon on your team in the puzzle. It took several tries but I eventually got a usable "break" on the initial setup and was able to make a good/lucky enough first move to finish it off.

I consider this a highly disappointing and unsatisfying way to S-rank this puzzle. If someone can figure out how to make a team without Froslass and bring down this puzzle in one move, I'd love to hear about it. That would be the elegant solution. Of course, it might not exist. Froslass might be the only option. Bleh.
LMAO
I did this and it basically killed itself on my first try
Didn't even make any move
Thanks!

As for Raichu, I tried putting Pichu / Pikachu and Raichu in my team, but it's not really working.
The best I had so far was 5 turns left.
I suppose you can manage it if you grind them enough (probably to lv 4-5), but someone told me Mega-Start Kangashkan was a lot more efficient.

Mega Glalie here too... f*ck him I'm not buying anything. I'll just try till the end of the week and keep coins from now on till sunday so I can have more chance to beat him on my last attempt but if I'm stuck that'll be it for me.

zroid

Banned
I beat Mega Glalie this morning with just a Disruption Delay. I can justify using one of those a day since it's 1500 coins and you get 500 for the daily check-in + 1000 for clearing Mew each day anyway.

...I beat it with 0 moves remaining, however :lol

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Chû Totoro;154596262 said:
Mega Glalie here too... f*ck him I'm not buying anything. I'll just try till the end of the week and keep coins from now on till sunday so I can have more chance to beat him on my last attempt but if I'm stuck that'll be it for me.

Believe me, it's worth it. 20+ tries without and failed. 1 try with a bunch of boosts and he fell like nothing.

I finally tore myself from MonHun4U to play this a bit. Can I still acquire hearts if I don't have this game active or asleep (IE if I'm playing MonHun4U or some other game, will my heart counter still stay up to date)? I wasn't sure if they maybe didn't allow that so people couldn't mess with the date or do some other exploit.

Elija2

I finally tore myself from MonHun4U to play this a bit. Can I still acquire hearts if I don't have this game active or asleep (IE if I'm playing MonHun4U or some other game, will my heart counter still stay up to date)? I wasn't sure if they maybe didn't allow that so people couldn't mess with the date or do some other exploit.

Yeah, you can totally turn your 3DS off or whatever and your hearts will still replenish.

Xemnas89

Yeah I barely beat him when I used the stuff. I got lucky with a big combo on my last move so I got to breath a sigh of relief.

I just got to Mega Gengar and I can tell I will be here for awhile.

adroit

I'm dreading having to S-rank all the trainer battles to unlock EX20. I'm putting it off until I've S-ranked all the non-trainer stages.

I'll really be distressed if Mew's eventual replacement no longer gives 1000 coins a day. Mew's description says you only get 1000 coins the first time you beat it, which makes it sound like the current behavior is a bug ("glitch").

I'll really be distressed if Mew's eventual replacement no longer gives 1000 coins a day. Mew's description says you only get 1000 coins the first time you beat it, which makes it sound like the current behavior is a bug ("glitch").

I don't think it's a glitch. You're essentially getting a "new" version of the stage every day, so your progress is gone beyond having caught Mew already.

Also, I just met Mega Mawile. Eurgh. :|

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Redeemed 38 hears using jewels, got to Mega Mewtwo and got stuck. Oh well, I have all the time in the world to beat it.

Well, Mega Mawile went down on like my fourth try or something, with no boosts. That's exciting.

...Does anyone else hear "Joy to the World" in one bar of the Silbern Museum background theme?

Qurupeke

I'm dreading having to S-rank all the trainer battles to unlock EX20. I'm putting it off until I've S-ranked all the non-trainer stages.

Wait, Mew doesn't give coins anymore?

Growlie19

Finally beat Mega Gengar! It took a disruption delay and some lucky combos, but I beat it on the last move! I now have 121 caught with 9 StreetPasses. Not a cent spent, either!

Boogiepop

Well huh. I ran into a minor glitch when fighting Yveltal. I believe it was because he was doing his thing to it when I mega evolved, but I ended up with a single non-mega Audino after mega evolving. Don't think it especially screwed me, but I still failed to catch it (won at 0 seconds left). Also, 25 S ranks to go in the main mode! Have everything before Mega Mawile done.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Outside of Mew, are there any stages that give more than 30 coins on each replay? Coins are REALLY hard to come by apparently.

Boogiepop

Man, I hate that the EX stages upgrade catch rate in increments rather than per second. I just beat Yveltal with 2 seconds left, but that gets me the same 1% catch rate that 0 seconds does. Seriously sucks. :(

LeleSocho

Banned
The % of chances to catch a pokémon are fake right? I'm only at MegaSlowbro and more than 7 pokémon didn't get in the ball with 80 to 85% of chances to catch it.

The % of chances to catch a pokémon are fake right? I'm only at MegaSlowbro and more than 7 pokémon didn't get in the ball with 80 to 85% of chances to catch it.

I'm clinging to the theory that the catch rates are the reverse of the Fire Emblem rates. Instead of biasing towards extremes, they bias towards 50%! *just pulling the thoughts out of nowhere, so might be VERY wrong*

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Mega Gengar down - Complexity -1, Mega Start, Disruption Delay. Finished him quick with an S rank. I don't mind the coins spent because I was NOT willing to spend days on him like Mega Glalie.

Is Mega Mewtwo as hard as Mega Gengar and Glalie?

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
What are some easy EX stages? I need some coins, desperately
303mw6jtn.png

Xemnas89

Mega Gengar is showing no mercy. I can't ever seem to get his health any lower than half way down. I spent all my coins to beat mega glalie so I to try to beat this guy the normal way.

Whoo, I caught (EX spoilers)
Suicune
!

Really happy because it's one of my favourites and I suck at stages with
short time limits

I had to Great Ball it, but 42% chance (after doubling) wasn't bad... this time.

Machine

I got stuck on Mega Glalie so I started working on EX stages. Now I'm stuck on Sceptile of all things. Oh well, I'm still enjoying myself at this point which is all that matters.

zroid

Banned
I got stuck on Mega Glalie so I started working on EX stages. Now I'm stuck on Sceptile of all things. Oh well, I'm still enjoying myself at this point which is all that matters.

Sceptile is actually a cake-walk compared to Blaziken :lol

Blaziken is vile

It seems some people here don't know how RN works

Progress :
Only 5 mons left to S-rank

I know it's all up to the RNG gods, but it certainly feels like it's harder to catch mons now then it was when I first started the game. I rarely had to replay non-EX levels in the beginning, regardless of the catch rate. I caught Mew on the first try! I didn't really hit any frustration until Zoroark & Gengar, which to be fair have ridiculously low catch rates. But now I'm on Toxicroak and have played him almost 10 times despite having a 40-50% catch rate each time. The two mons before that also took a few tries despite having acceptable catch rates.

My head tells me it's just bad luck but my heart tells me Nintendo hates me because I've been playing their game for free!

Top Bottom